IGNORED

Counting on Season 4- Part 4: Duggar Time or Watching Paint Dry

samurai_sarah

17 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Did Joy wear a skirt over her pants while skiing a la Bates girls and Kendra? I sure hope not... I don’t get why they do it. I feel like it really restricts motility while skiing

Did they wear normal ski stuff when they skied on the old show? When Michelle stayed home with Josie??

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@VBOY9977

17 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Did they wear normal ski stuff when they skied on the old show? When Michelle stayed home with Josie??

As far as I could tell, Joy was just wearing normal ski pants/clothes. No skirt. 

ETA: I'm pretty sure she wore a skirt over her pants when they went hang gliding though. 

13 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I think she means Derick’s brother Dan and his wife. They’re expecting a baby sometime this year.

Dan’s kid wouldn’t be a Duggar cousin though. 

2 hours ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

I totally forgot Counting On started again. But, that's OK because I refuse to give up my Monday night TV of VanderPump Rules and Summer House on BRAVO.

I secretly love Vanderpump Rules, which I watch when I go over to a certain friend's house. Each and every one of those cast members, without exception, are just terrible, garbage people. I dearly hope that it's an act for the show, because they are completely devoid of any redeeming characteristics whatsoever. It makes it very easy to watch, because they're all terrible to each other and they're such horrible people, I don't care. 

10 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

It's Izzy and Sam's cousin, and that's all that matters to Jill

15 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

She didn’t say Duggar cousins, just cousins. 

I felt bad for Joy when she said that Austin doesn't like to sleep touching...but she 'hoped he'd change his mind.' It's been my experience that people are fairly set in their ways about that. And, he's clearly not as into the pda. 

They certainly seem to be in love and all. But... with the new baby and everything. It's so glaringly obvious that they had no time together to explore intimacy. These things matter to some couples. 

Is love enough to get them through a string of babies?

@AliceInFundyland--Alice!! I missed you!:my_heart:

That's a good question about how much of a foundation a relationship that's formed in courtship has. If a couple has never been alone before saying "I do", can they really know each other well enough to know how to work out differences? Whether it's a big or a small fight (my first fight with dh was over the definitions of the words "imply" and "infer"), the test is how you resolve your differences.

I suppose Duggar women are supposed to resolve all disagreements by just deferring to their headships. That's sad to me.

My husband and I are pretty much in agreement on how much PDA we like, but he's usually more cuddly when we sleep than I like. (I don't mind a little contact, but a hand on my ribs makes me feel like I can't breathe freely.) We've worked out what works for us. I'm glad we knew each other for more than a year before we married and spent plenty of time alone as boyfriend/girlfriend. We learned how to interact and argue. :my_biggrin:

What struck me the most is how they seem more excited being without chaperones than anything else. It's like 1:30 before the wedding you can't do a damn thing by yourself then 2:15 post-wedding ok! Now you're an adult! You can be alone and kiss and have sex and make decisions and be all grown up! I can't imagine going so suddenly from being treated like a child that can't be trusted to boom married adults. I really enjoyed that transition time of college and young adulthood before the whole marriage and babies thing.

6 hours ago, Mayluka said:

She said they needed to be chaperoned more because the desires are stronger now that they’re engaged. I don’t think Kendra was implying their desires are stronger than other Duggar couples (although they definitely seem to be more intense about following physical boundaries than the other recent couples). 

I really wish that someone from FJ would go to one of those 'meetings' that ME has and ask them why, if they brought their children up to be so pious and conscience of the 'need' to stay pure for marriage that they don't TRUST their kids to do that without having to be watched constantly?   Should they 'stray' and cop a feel or a kiss, isn't that between them and God?   

I wonder if ME, and JB  blames themselves for losing a couple of babies because JB did cop a feel or two and that is their "punishment' from God or something stupid like that. 

I know I've said it before, but DAYAAAAAMM!   I was raised to say I don't until we said our I do's - but we were alone together a lot and temptation was there but I felt that it was right (for me and our relationship) to wait.   I held myself accountable and that was good enough.   I don't believe that earned me a halo or something and I have no problem with adults doing whatever in private.   Each of us has our own values and reasons to keep them or change them as we see fit.  

2 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I secretly love Vanderpump Rules, which I watch when I go over to a certain friend's house. Each and every one of those cast members, without exception, are just terrible, garbage people. I dearly hope that it's an act for the show, because they are completely devoid of any redeeming characteristics whatsoever. It makes it very easy to watch, because they're all terrible to each other and they're such horrible people, I don't care. 

Is watching VanderPump Rules a guilty pleasure if I don't feel guilty about it? Not one bit. So, I'm guessing Jax is your favorite on the show????? Lol. He's the worst.

2 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

Is watching VanderPump Rules a guilty pleasure if I don't feel guilty about it? Not one bit. So, I'm guessing Jax is your favorite on the show????? Lol. He's the worst.

Is he the one who shaves his forehead? :pb_lol:

4 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

Has then been confirmed or denied? Because these are the absolute dead-last people to be reproducing. 

http://people.com/tv/are-jax-taylor-brittany-cartwright-expecting-baby/

Looks like TLC is replaying last night's episode right after My Big Fat Fabulous Life. I guess I AM going to be watching this shitshow.

Today, I watched the two new episodes that aired last night. I was kinda surprised at how likable Joy and Austin came off in the honeymoon episode, but Austin ruined it in the second episode. His comment about having kids and teaching them about what HE likes seemed off, to me. It basically sounded like he wanted his kids to all have the same the interests and goals as him, and it would be disappointing if they didn't share those interests. Idk, I just hate when parents see their kids as extensions of themselves. They're their own person, gdi!

I haven't watched a Duggar show in ages. But there's nothing on so here I am watching the Joy/Austin honeymoon episode.

My biggest take-away is that, of all the "of age" sons, Jed has grown into the best looking one.

That's all I've got. 

I just would really like to know (even though I doubt it will ever happen) their anxiety/fears/etc. with going from always being with an outsider to just spending time together. I guess personally for me that would terrify in the courtship. My church growing up our leaders always talked about having someone in the room and I just never understood why we couldn't have our own accountability? (*cough* pence *cough mother* cough)

Finally watching last night's episode. I have the same shower curtain as Jinger/Jeremy!

That's by far the most exciting thing you need to know about it.

10 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

I felt bad for Joy when she said that Austin doesn't like to sleep touching...but she 'hoped he'd change his mind.' It's been my experience that people are fairly set in their ways about that. And, he's clearly not as into the pda. 

They certainly seem to be in love and all. But... with the new baby and everything. It's so glaringly obvious that they had no time together to explore intimacy. These things matter to some couples. 

Is love enough to get them through a string of babies?

Nah, I'm not sure he wouldn't change. These people have never slept close to another person and that would tkae some getting used to. I never used to get any sleep when I shared a bed with someone (I move around a lot while sleeping and would feel really restricted if someone else was in the bed) and would start my day completely exhausted. This was also the case with my boyfriend when we started dating but after a month or so I've become used to it and now I have no problem sharing a bed.

9 hours ago, llg1234 said:

Today, I watched the two new episodes that aired last night. I was kinda surprised at how likable Joy and Austin came off in the honeymoon episode, but Austin ruined it in the second episode. His comment about having kids and teaching them about what HE likes seemed off, to me. It basically sounded like he wanted his kids to all have the same the interests and goals as him, and it would be disappointing if they didn't share those interests. Idk, I just hate when parents see their kids as extensions of themselves. They're their own person, gdi!

My husband makes these comments about teaching our soon-to-be-here kid all the things he likes. I don't take it that it's just about what he wants to teach our kid or excluding me in any way but that he's excited to share in that father bond with his child. I kind of expect that from any new parent, tbh.

Trust, mom is going to get her one-on-one time with that baby and teach him things. BECAUSE LETS BE HONEST- MOM IS THE FAVORITE FOR THE FIRST FEW YEARS :pb_lol::pb_lol:

Ditto to feeling bad that Joy has to avoid contact with Austin in bed. My poor husband usually had my legs draped across him (I’m a weird sleeper and pregnancy has only made that worse), our 80 pound Boxer on his other side, and sometimes the Chihuahua curled up next to him. I don’t know how he sleeps but he sleeps like a log. He says he likes being squished. I would feel like some intimacy was being lost if I couldn’t cuddle him during sleep. And of course Joy didn’t know to expect it since they’d never shared a bed prior to marriage. 

I get where Austin is coming from. I like cuddling, but can't fall asleep if I'm cuddling. I get too hot when I sleep already without someone else breathing on me. Plus, my ex once fell asleep while spooning and he was holding onto me so tight I couldn't move. I was honestly a bit scared and claustrophobic-- I just wanted to get up to to go the bathroom, but I literally could not get out of his arm and he wasn't waking up. 

It's like that friends episode where Ross gives Chandler advice on how to get away with sleeping without cuddling. 

I don't even share a bed with my boyfriend. The night he pushed me onto the floor at 3am was the night I was done. We cuddle until we're tired then go our separate ways, best of both worlds! Sorry Joy, I'm a bit of an Austin, and so is my boyfriend, guess we're better matched than they are.

It was funny to me that Joy kept going on about finally being “alone” with Austin to a man who was following them around with a camera.

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived