IGNORED

Counting on Season 4- Part 4: Duggar Time or Watching Paint Dry

samurai_sarah

Can't say I blame Austin, I don't like to be touched when I fall asleep either. I wonder if Joy inherited her stage 5 clingerness from her mom, Jill? 

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's possible Austin could evolve his sleeping preferences. I used to prefer to snuggle and then go our separate ways too. We do still do some of that, but husband usually follows me now when I roll over and he does the big spoon deal. That would have probably bothered me 10 years ago. Now it's just whatever. After a while I've started to prefer him beside me over not. I definitely sleep better when he's next to me. That wasn't always the case. Hopefully they find a good bed compromise. You gotta learn how to sleep with another person no matter who you are. 

6 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Can't say I blame Austin, I don't like to be touched when I fall asleep either. I wonder if Joy inherited her stage 5 clingerness from her mom, Jill? 

When you sleep with a bunch of sisters your whole life you end up cuddling on a cold night or just habit . A little child needs hugs and comfort on a stormy night or after a bad dream and walking to all the way Jim Bobs and Michelle’s room was a bad idea for all sorts of reasons and they’d get sent back  any way. 

Hubby and I have been married for 14 years. We sleep in the same bed but generally don’t cuddle. He has a GI tube and sleep apnea, I am in my 40s and at times have practically burst in to flames in the middle of the night from hot flashes. We stay strictly on our own sides of the bed. If we could fit a king in our room, we would have one. And seperate blankets too!

I love my husband dearly, but the logistics of cuddling is just a no for us. However, neither of us sleeps well without the other one there, so go figure!

I'm a light sleeper and have never been able to cuddle and sleep. I love cuddling before sleep and when waking up. Since I'm asleep I don't really care what's going on or feel a loss of intimacy. Once I developed my chronic illness and permanent insomnia, we don't share a room. To my shock (I always thought this would ruin a marriage) it doesnt change anything. I figured out what happens while sleeping doesn't much affect what happens while awake. but we have been together for 10 years and had our whole honeymoon period Together.

I sleep alone right now, and in a queen sized bed. I also sleep directly in the middle, spread out like a starfish. If I ever get to the point where I'm sharing my bed on a continual basis, I'm going to need to upgrade to a king, ha. I actually have really weird sleeping habits, and dumb things stress me out (like the sound of other people breathing/snoring in the room) so right now it's probably best that I'm single, but I feel like the longer I'm single, the longer I get set in my ways. If I ever do marry, I'll probably have separate bedrooms, lol. 

Another one here who doesn't like to be touched or cuddled when I'm sleeping. Awake, I'll cuddle all day. At night? Personal space please. We upgraded to a king shortly before our daughter was born, and now I look at our old full size bed (which is now occupying a guest room) like "How did I ever get a good night's sleep on that tiny mattress??" (First world problems at it's finest.)

My hubby and I happily cuddle for 5-10 minutes, then we roll over and sleep on opposite edges of our queen bed. Occasionally if my toes are super cold I’ll put them on his calves and listen to him swear until I’m warmed up, but then we go back to not touching. 

Only time we ever fall asleep cuddling is if we’re both too tired to notice. 

Mrs. Lexi and I have over the course of the years I feel like run the whole range of sleep habits- sometimes it's the width of the bed apart, sometimes its all close together. My pet peeves right now getting sweaty when we snuggle and pass out. Mrs.Lexi has begun to turn into a furnace. 

ETA the on topic part: You can see the difference in how they were raised. Joy having to share bed space and Austin the only boy. Will be interesting when Austin has a house full of littles. He's not used to the crazy. 

23 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I seriously doubt that any of our Fundie offspring gets any type of sex education from their parents prior to a day or two before their wedding. Josh and Jim Bob's uncomfortable talk about how people fit together like Legos had been greatly discussed on this forum.  With little to no information, I can see how some might draw the conclusion that breathing the same air gets you pregnant. 

In one of the early specials Michelle (and Josh!, eww) discussed how they taught the older kids about sex.  I'll have to look for a clip.  

ETA: "They" refers to JB and M.  Josh comments on how he knows about sex. 

18 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

I felt bad for Joy when she said that Austin doesn't like to sleep touching...but she 'hoped he'd change his mind.' It's been my experience that people are fairly set in their ways about that. And, he's clearly not as into the pda.  (Snip)

My late husband didn't like to be touched much.   Even after almost 25 years of marriage he didn't want to be touched while he was sleeping.   I needed that contact so I would lay my pinkie against his back a bit.   

He didn't like any PDAs either - and "public"  was any place outside the bedroom.   

I don't like to sleep while cuddling but my husband does. So I lay in bed until he falls asleep then push him away. He's fine with this, he gets to fall asleep cuddling with me and then I get to not be so hot while I sleep. 

But now I've got a dog and cat that love to snuggle. Better a 15 pound cat that snuggles on top of the blankets than a 190 pound husband under. On most nights, husband takes up his entire side of the bed... cat sleeps between us doing a combo snuggle with both. Dog sleeps at my feet so I get maybe 30% of the bed. Good thing I curl up in my sleep. 

Best part though? when the dog decides that sleeping at our feet isn't enough so he comes up to our pillows and tries to snuggle by our heads. Yeah no, a 50lb dog doesnt fit up there bud... luckily it takes him about 1 minute to figure out thats not gonna work. 

Even right now as I type this, the dog is snuggled up next to me on the couch. 

I'm attempting to watch the Counting On premiere. Ugh. Out of two mega families with horrible beliefs and a reality show, I prefer Bringing Up Bates. I bet that would kill Jim Bob. 

9 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I'm attempting to watch the Counting On premiere. Ugh. Out of two mega families with horrible beliefs and a reality show, I prefer Bringing Up Bates. I bet that would kill Jim Bob. 

But on the other hand there is a new X files tonight!

7 minutes ago, JMO said:

My reason for living basically. That and fan fic. I need help. :pb_lol:

1 minute ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Have you seen this vlogger?  She's my fave X files reviewer.

1 hour ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

If I had to pick a family to have as neighbors, I have to admit I think I'd like the Bateses a little more. I do find myself getting sucked into both, though. The family dynamics are so interesting to me.

1 hour ago, GenerationCedarchip said:

If I had to pick a family to have as neighbors, I have to admit I think I'd like the Bateses a little more. I do find myself getting sucked into both, though. The family dynamics are so interesting to me.

Oh, IDK. The Bateses seem rather sloppy. Unless there were 10 acres between us, I'm thinking I would not want them as neighbors. All those kids, cars, roaming animals? I'll pass.

2 hours ago, GenerationCedarchip said:

I'd pick the Duggars. The Bates seem like they would be super noisy and have no sense of boundaries whatsoever.  And, Lawson might ask me to take a photo of him while he is smoldering/jumping/hanging out with horses or singing a Christian country song.

I mean, I do have cats but they stay inside so still picking the D gang.

On 2/27/2018 at 11:41 AM, MsSourPickle said:

I want to know when Jinger will take the reins and decorate in the style she wants. This is the second time Pushy Jessa controls what Jinger and Jeremy's home will look like and decorate it the way she, Jessa wants it. Come on Jinger should be able to decorate her own house how she and Jeremy want it to look like. Jessa is just too bossy. I would put her in her place fast.

Agree. I'm hoping one day Jinger will decorate something on her own, or just with Jeremy. Didn't two of the rooms be left undone? One which will be the nursery? I would love to see how JinJer end up decorating the nursery... hoping Jessa will not be involved with it.

5 hours ago, JMO said:

really I had no idea - no idea i say - can you tell how not excited I am 

:D 

5 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

welcome to my life :)

6 hours ago, JMO said:

Even better - a new Schitt's Creek!

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived