IGNORED

Joy and Austin 17: Staying Off the Internet

Coconut Flan

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't going to comment on the hand on the belly. My first thought, and I don't mean to sound gross, is somebody PLEASE take that poor girl and get her a decent bra. Thought the same in the pedicure pic with Jana. Pregnancy can wreak havoc on the boobs and lack of proper support is even worse in the long run. Plus a good, comfortable nursing bra can be a god-send.

As someone with a solid knowledge of history, Austin can go jump off a cliff with his post about Christmas. 

3 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

As someone with a solid knowledge of history, Austin can go jump off a cliff with his post about Christmas. 

They both use the account. Joy was actually the one who wrote the 2 anti abortion posts they’ve made I think. The 1st one was their pregnancy announcement which read “Austin and I are excited to be parents” and the 2nd one said “ I got to feel it kick” which could’ve been either of them but it sounded more like her to me. They both could be at fault here.

also, as someone upthread said, it’s a generic Christmas post. Fundies always make the point that “Jesus is the reason for the season”. And Whitney Bates even made a happy birthday Jesus cake. Yes it’s inaccurate historically but at least I’m glad it’s not a homophobic, racist, anti abortion, trump, Christian persecution bs.

8 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Austin really doesn't know what to do with himself in pictures. That forced awkward smile is making my jaw hurt, just looking at him! 

My first thought was that this photo looks like Michael Cera converted to fundamentalist Christianity and is trying to take a fan photo with Joy. 

54 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I hope she's getting proper prenatal care but I doubt it. 

I'm actually a little scared that she is BIG, so it is either 2 or one very large baby. I have very large babies, but I'm also a good 6inches taller than Joy, had excellent prenatal care and still had several complications resulting in a eventual emergency c/section at 36 weeks after 22 hours of labor with #1.  I know when I was about as far as long as Joy is now I looked ready to pop and still had 12 weeks to go, it wasn't fun, at all by 36 weeks I could barely walk was in pain constantly and was so swollen I could barely wear shoes. I was being monitored closely for preeclampsia, and had my water not broken at 36 I would have had it and delivered immediately.  I was JUST 27 years old, healthy, in my prime birthing years, nothing should have gone wrong, but it did.  That is why you see doctors. They are playing with fire and one of them is going to get burned.  

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I hope so as well. :( The history of big babies with her sisters should be enough to make her think about it. Of course, they don't think. 

She doesn't really look like she's carrying alarmingly large to me. And we have no idea what prenatal care she's had, or what she's planning to do during delivery. For now we can at least hold out some hope that she's not choosing to follow in mother Jill's footsteps.

3 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

She doesn't really look like she's carrying alarmingly large to me. And we have no idea what prenatal care she's had, or what she's planning to do during delivery. For now we can at least hold out some hope that she's not choosing to follow in mother Jill's footsteps.

Lets hope Austin has more brains than Derrick, Ben, Josh etc... in allowing their wives to pick and choose where and how to deliver their babies.  But these folks have never done what we hopped they didn't yet so... :5624798e9d94f_No-clue-man-no-clue-shurg:

No, she isn't carrying triplets big, but IMO she does look closer to term than 6/8/10 weeks (6 at least 10 weeks at most). But she, like her older sisters, seems to be having a big baby and she doesn't have the room to that her taller sisters had for that baby to spread out so s/he has nowhere to go but out.   And saying that she look closer to term I don't think she IS, I was the same way with #1 I was just HUGE, between the baby and the water retention (which she could also have a lot of here) makes for momma to be VERY miserable.

Actually, based on earlier photos, I think she looks ok, but she still has 2 months to go and the last month is when the major heft is added. Barring a miracle, Joy will be having a standard, huge Duggar baby. These women desparetly need better prenatal care and nutrition guidance.

With the way Joy behaved during her wedding episodes, I have no hope for her in regards to prenatal care. She's probably only using Jill, which we know is nowhere near enough. I imagine she has some equally dumb advice to give her too and Joy will just go with it because she's used to other people making decisions for her. 

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Not being snarky but it would might make sense if, during prenatal care, the caregiver would talk about things that help with comfort - such as a good fitting bra.    This can go along with talking about preparing your oh so sensitive nipples for nursing. 

14 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

Not being snarky but it would might make sense if, during prenatal care, the caregiver would talk about things that help with comfort - such as a good fitting bra.    This can go along with talking about preparing your oh so sensitive nipples for nursing. 

What is the deal with the bra ? I'm not seeing what you all are seeing here, is this just more BEC because we're bored? Seriously, this poor girls should just crawl into a cave and not come out again, because every time she does she's called a dog and whipped and stoned for not being pretty enough, kempt enough, or perky enough for XYZ's standards.  FFS she's 20, she looks adorable, her clothes FIT. her boobs are huge but contained, and she's 7 months pregnant, give her a break.

And prenatal care has NOTHING to do with fashion, doctors don't give a shit what you are wearing as long as you aren't covered in chemicals and bugs.  Get off of this already, its just becomeing downright mean. 

I'm not meaning to snap at you specifically but we seemed to have substituted Joy for Derrick or Josh in the whipping department, and all she's done since announcing her pregnancy is stand there and look pregnant in a couple of pictures.

1 minute ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

What is the deal with the bra ? I'm not seeing what you all are seeing here, is this just more BEC because we're bored? Seriously this poor girls should just crawl into a cave and not come out again because every time she does she's called a dog and whipped and stoned for not being pretty enough, kempt enough, or perky enough for XYZ's standards.  FFS she's 20 she looks adorable, her clothes FIT her boobs are huge and she's 7 months pregnant, give her a break.

And prenatal care has NOTHING to do with fashion, don't give a shit what you are wearing as long as you aren't covered in chemicals and bugs.  Get off of this already, its just become downright mean. 

I'm not meaning to snap at you specifically but we seemed to have substituted Joy for Derrick or Josh in the whipping department, and all she's done since announcing her pregnancy is stand there and look pregnant in a couple of pictures.

I’m not commenting on this specific photo, but historically the Duggar women, particularly the PG and lactating women, wear ill fitting  and  poorly  supporting bras. Like many, many women, they probably need to be properly fitted and sized. I do not agree with labeling that BEC

20 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

The first thing I was told to do once I came out and of my c-sections  was to place a properly supporting nursing bra. 

Also, the reason that education is especially important for these ladies is because unless beliefs change, they will be using and abusibg their bodies in the quest of birthing a Fundie Army....Michelle did well...she’s the exceprion, not the rule.

Sadly, I have a feeling that only Jinger and possibly Jana (yes, I know she's neither pregnant nor married) would be the only two to get good prenatal care. Again, this is only a hunch, thinking that one or both talked about preferring a hospital birth. 

16 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

What is the deal with the bra ? I'm not seeing what you all are seeing here, is this just more BEC because we're bored? Seriously, this poor girls should just crawl into a cave and not come out again, because every time she does she's called a dog and whipped and stoned for not being pretty enough, kempt enough, or perky enough for XYZ's standards.  FFS she's 20, she looks adorable, her clothes FIT. her boobs are huge but contained, and she's 7 months pregnant, give her a break.

And prenatal care has NOTHING to do with fashion, doctors don't give a shit what you are wearing as long as you aren't covered in chemicals and bugs.  Get off of this already, its just becomeing downright mean. 

Sorry if I offended you but as I was saying, I wasn't trying to be snarky - I was saying that all pregnant women who are going for prenatal care should be advised that a good fitting bra, nipple conditioning, and perhaps, if varicose veins are an issue, to wear supportive stockings.    This would just help the body, that happens to be carrying a child, to get the outside support.   It would be along the lines of being helpful - like advising about nutrition 

8 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Sadly, I have a feeling that only Jinger and possibly Jana (yes, I know she's neither pregnant nor married) would be the only two to get good prenatal care. Again, this is only a hunch, thinking that one or both talked about preferring a hospital birth. 

Jana actually said she liked the birth center option on the Interview episode. Alyssa Webster has done that on her 2 births and I think things have turned out really well

I'm over the talk about ill-fitting bras. Women's breasts do not need to be perpetually perky for other people's standards. Assuming a woman is comfortable, the sag or perk of her breasts isn't anyone else's business.

I personally haven't noticed the fit of the bras these ladies wear, but I wonder how scandalized fundie woman would be by a proper bra fitting, and even a bra fitter coming into the change room to help adjust the straps. One of my friends used to be a bra fitter at Victoria's Secret, and she got very used to doing that kind of thing. I think at a certain point viewing the body becomes clinical, like a doctor. She was able to properly size me by just looking at me. 

Never understood why people are automatically assuming and Bemoaning they don’t get prenatal care. They obviously have no problem with doctors or mainstream medicine and They grew up seeing Michelle get regular doctor visits and care. Yes, homebirth is the goal and I believe Jessa and Jill are obstinate enough to keep on with them but that doesn’t me they are not getting care throughout pregnancy with licensed doctors or they believe they absolutely have no choices.

4 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Never understood why people are automatically assuming and Bemoaning they don’t get prenatal care. They obviously have no problem with doctors or mainstream medicine and They grew up seeing Michelle get regular doctor visits and care. Yes, homebirth is the goal and I believe Jessa and Jill are obstinate enough to keep on with them but that doesn’t me they are not getting care throughout pregnancy with licensed doctors or they believe they absolutely have no choices.

While Michelle was shown seeking prenatal care from a licensed physician, we have never seen a pregnant Jill, Jessa or Joy being examined by a licensed physician, nor have we heard the girls discuss prenatal visits to any OBGYN....

We don’t see the majority of the day  to day and what we do is heavily edited. I just have a difficult time seeing new parents who obviously are thrilled to be pregnant and employ doctors regularly anyway refusing to see an obstetrician..Some Fundamentalists Christians may but there is simply no reason for the Duggars daughters to make such a drastic decision with something so important. 

Do stores with bras offer fittings that are actually good?  I went for a fitting one time, at a small chain store (not Victoria's Secret) where the staff was friendly.  The results were that I was exactly in between cup and band sizes.  I had to try on literally every style of bra in the store, in multiple sizes, to find one that fit me comfortably.  I found the experience exhausting and embarrassing.

24 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

I think it is the general assumption since so far neither Anna, Jill or Jessa has had any prenatal care aside from with Mac. And if rumors are true that Joy isn't finding the sex of the baby that means she didn't even get the glamor shots u/s for gender.  While I HOPE she is getting care, I'm not holding my breathing for it either.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived