IGNORED

Joy and Austin 17: Staying Off the Internet

Coconut Flan

I LOVE PRIMARK SO VERY MUCH!!!!!!

I only recently found out there were a couple Primarks in the US. I absolutely loved that place when I was at Oxford. My cousin lives and goes to college in Boston and she told me there was a four floor one there. I screamed a little and she promised me a massive box of stuff for Tiny Humans impending arrival.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep - there are several in the northeast. Sadly, I'm in the currently-frozen-over-tundra of the Midwest. 

25 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I'm in the currently-frozen-over-tundra of the Midwest. 

It's sadly pretty frozen over in the Northeast these days, too.  We don't normally get this bitter, nasty cold until mid January/February in CT but it's been awful for about 2 weeks now.  Other than work, my goal of not leaving the house ever unless someone makes me is going well.  Maybe I'll try again in a few weeks if it's in the 20s.

On 27/12/2017 at 7:26 PM, Georgiana said:

Head on over to https://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/

Their fit guide is SO GOOD and SO USER FRIENDLY that they eventually had to get lawyers involved because bra companies were trying to steal it.  Plus, you can do it from the comfort of your own home.  

It takes a bit of reading, but what you will find is that bra fit is SO much more than just cup size.  SHAPE is also a key factor in fit, along with several other concerns. But once you find your ACTUAL fit, your life will be changed forever.  Seriously.  

And also your bras will probably be cheaper :) They often recommend great bras that are half the price of the ones in chain stores. 

I just wanted to thank you for this, I was wearing a 34A but it turns out I'm a 30C, I now have bras that fit!

23 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

Larger woman; 44D, and I love the Cacique bras, which have underwire, from Lane Bryant. They support, they don't poke, they don't break, at least for three years of wear... and they satisfy my "cute" quota, which is admittedly low, but there.

That's great!I have been wearing an underwire bra since 13.Yes,when underwire bras get worn,they can poke.But ,after more 40 years,I used to underwire bras.To each their own.Do any of you notice a difference in the size of each breast?It's  supposed to be normal,but my left breast is smaller than my right.My mother could be toxic...she got a kick out of upsetting me..she told me once I needed a breast reduction...I'm a 38D.I left home at 18,to get away from her toxicity.

37 minutes ago, thinandfit said:

I just wanted to thank you for this, I was wearing a 34A but it turns out I'm a 30C, I now have bras that fit!

34A and 30C are sister sizes. There’s actually no difference in the cup size, just a bigger band size in the 34 meaning they’d fit you the same but you’d probably need to wear the 34 on the inner most hooks and the 30 on the outter most hooks 

Every time I've ever been measured, my band size should be 28. Of all of the bras I have tried (and it's A LOT), I find 34 most comfortable and 32 on the largest hook will be tolerable. I don't know if that's just inconsistency in actual band size or a personal problem. I did break a lot of ribs and have been overly sensitive about pressure on my ribs ever since so I may be the problem... but the reasons my bras don't fit is definitely me. 

5 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

http://pzrservices.typepad.com/vintageadvertising/maidenform_i_dreamed_ads/

Find some of these really fun and artistic if cheesy and bizarre. The Jack in the box boobies are rather nightmarish.

These are great. I'm a sucker for kitsch, and make lots of bras similar to these. I love all the stitch designs on the cups of vintage bras.

2 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

It's sadly pretty frozen over in the Northeast these days, too.  We don't normally get this bitter, nasty cold until mid January/February in CT but it's been awful for about 2 weeks now.  Other than work, my goal of not leaving the house ever unless someone makes me is going well.  Maybe I'll try again in a few weeks if it's in the 20s.

It is awful and I hate it! So cold. I will console myself that we have a Primark nearby, but be sad that I must leave the house tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, thinandfit said:

That’s my size! What store/brand did you find that size?

For anyone in the UK, id seriously recommend this bra: http://www.marksandspencer.com/sumptuously-soft-longline-full-cup-t-shirt-bra-a-dd/p/p60105947?image=SD_02_T33_2066_Y0_X_EC_90&color=BLACK&prevPage=srp 

it’s the comfiest bra I’ve ever had. I used to recommend it to costumers all the time even though I was sending them to the competition lol! It’s a great comfortable every day bra! 

11 hours ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

Have you tried wearing a longline bra? They have a thicker band that comes down further and in my opinion are way more comfortable than regular banded bras. For a bra to offer the best support, the back of the band needs to be level with the front 

I’ve worked in the lingerie department of a store and also trained to do bra fittings. 

If a bra fits you badly; 

-the front of the band between the two cups won’t sit against your skin (for a bra to be a good fit this part of the band needs to be flat against the skin) 

- the cups are either cutting your boob in half and it appears you are ‘spilling’ out of it or there is a gape between the breast and the cup 

- the band rides up or down at the back (it should stay where you put it if it fits well) 

I buy all my bras from Marks and Spencer (British Brand) and they’ve never let me down with sizing! Also I find that although Debenhams own brand bras don’t fit great the other brands they sell do (Fantasie; Triumph; Gorgeous). Also people used to come in asking and raving about Freya bras which we didn’t sell on store so I’m guessing they’re a decent bra 

I had no idea about longline bra, I had to google it!  That would be so much more comfortable! Thank you very much!  Off to do some more searching!

1 hour ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

For anyone in the UK, id seriously recommend this bra: http://www.marksandspencer.com/sumptuously-soft-longline-full-cup-t-shirt-bra-a-dd/p/p60105947?image=SD_02_T33_2066_Y0_X_EC_90&color=BLACK&prevPage=srp 

it’s the comfiest bra I’ve ever had. I used to recommend it to costumers all the time even though I was sending them to the competition lol! It’s a great comfortable every day bra! 

Looks comfortable, sadly they don't stock bras in my size, I love to get my underwear and socks from Marks. I wish they would expand their range to bigger sizes.

On 1-1-2018 at 10:42 AM, FundieCentral said:

And next, which places in Europe do bra-fittings and also sell properly sized non-plus size/petite size bras? I‘d be really happy about any recommendation where I could try a 30DD or 32D and see if that would fit. 

In the Netherlands all bra stores do bra-fittings. (I'm not talking about bigger chain stores like H&M that have a small section in their clothing stores dedicated to underwear, I'm talking about stores that only/mainly sell underwear, such as Hunkemöller and Livera.) You just ask an employee if they can take your measurements, and they are usually more than willing to help you. If you need a bra with a width smaller than 32 or bigger than 40, or a cup size bigger dan D/E, you can best go to a non-commercial (=not a Hunkemöller or Victoria's Secret) specialized bra-store, as they tend to have more "non-regular" sizes and brands. 
You could also get your cup size measured in a store, and then order a bra online. I’ve noticed that online stores have a much bigger and much nicer large-cup inventory. However, online stores don’t have the benefit of being able to try on your bra with an employee close by who can help you if needed and tell you if the bra fits properly or not.

wait, so I’m not a 36 DD anywhere but ‘Murica’?  I recently got fitted at Victoria Secret and got some regular bras and two sports bras.  The regular bras are ok, the sports bras are really comfy so thats what I mostly wear.

Edited to add I want a breast reduction after I have kids.  these things are killer on the back.

@LovelyLuna only in 'Merica. Elsewhere in parts of Europe you would be a 36E or perhaps a 34F (or 95E in metric) depending on the band.in Australia, you'd be around a 14DD, and an 80E in most of Asia. 

Confusing AF.... 

7 hours ago, Kittikatz said:

@LovelyLuna only in 'Merica. Elsewhere in parts of Europe you would be a 36E or perhaps a 34F (or 95E in metric) depending on the band.in Australia, you'd be around a 14DD, and an 80E in most of Asia. 

Confusing AF.... 

Just a small correction: A 36DD would be an 80E in Europe. A 95 band in Europe is a US 42.

On 1/1/2018 at 1:59 PM, melon said:

Do any of you notice a difference in the size of each breast?It's  supposed to be normal,but my left breast is smaller than my right.

Yes. The right on me is smaller than the left.

14 hours ago, LovelyLuna said:

wait, so I’m not a 36 DD anywhere but ‘Murica’?  I recently got fitted at Victoria Secret and got some regular bras and two sports bras.  The regular bras are ok, the sports bras are really comfy so thats what I mostly wear.

Edited to add I want a breast reduction after I have kids.  these things are killer on the back.

In the UK and Ireland you’d still be a 36 DD 

On 01/01/2018 at 9:16 PM, HarryPotterFan said:

That’s my size! What store/brand did you find that size?

IDK  where you are based- i'm in the UK and I love the boux avenue "Chloe" bra- they often have an offer where you get free knickers with your bra. I also like M&S bras as they are super consistent with their sizing.

On 01/01/2018 at 7:06 PM, BlessaYourHeart said:

34A and 30C are sister sizes. There’s actually no difference in the cup size, just a bigger band size in the 34 meaning they’d fit you the same but you’d probably need to wear the 34 on the inner most hooks and the 30 on the outter most hooks 

I am aware of this- its just 100X more comfy as the 34 was always wriggling around on me and I just figured it was supposed to be that way:lol:

4 minutes ago, thinandfit said:

IDK  where you are based- i'm in the UK and I love the boux avenue "Chloe" bra- they often have an offer where you get free knickers with your bra. I also like M&S bras as they are super consistent with their sizing.

Darn, I’m in the US. Guess I have to plan another vacation to the UK...

8 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Darn, I’m in the US. Guess I have to plan another vacation to the UK...

I think you can order them online? It's not quite the same though which is annoying.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived