Jump to content
IGNORED

Girl Defined 2: Aren’t They Women Yet?


nelliebelle1197

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • JermajestyDuggar

    70

  • Marmion

    12

  • usmcmom

    12

  • freethemall

    11

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In 'best ad placement ever' - the ad on my screen with your post had something to do with knee pain but the caption read: "It takes less than 30 seconds (and you can do it right at home).  Start

Elissa Baird has married her Ukranian fiance and will be moving there soon, after knowing him in person for barely a few weeks since meeting in 2019. Best of luck, girlie, you'll need it.

The entire concept of "influencers" turns my stomach in general. 

Posted Images

PopRox

I only really follow GD's antics through Reddit. Someone there posted a video of Bethany giving Dave a haircut (I'm not going to use his annoying speshul-snowflake spelling, sorry)... I only made it a few minutes in and had to stop because there was waaaaay too much of Bethy and Dave kissing on camera. Sorry, but PDA like that is decidedly Not Modest. I know you're married and allowed to have sex now, but doesn't mean anyone wants to see you vaccum each other's tonsils on camera. Turn the camera off and go get a room, for Rufus' sake!

  • Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Cheetah
On 1/24/2020 at 11:02 AM, Jasmar said:

They’re actually talking about the first time they had sex? That is just…no thanks.

In 'best ad placement ever' - the ad on my screen with your post had something to do with knee pain but the caption read:

"It takes less than 30 seconds (and you can do it right at home).  Start now. "

  • Haha 23
Link to post
Share on other sites
apandaaries
12 minutes ago, PopRox said:

I only really follow GD's antics through Reddit. Someone there posted a video of Bethany giving Dave a haircut (I'm not going to use his annoying speshul-snowflake spelling, sorry)... I only made it a few minutes in and had to stop because there was waaaaay too much of Bethy and Dave kissing on camera. Sorry, but PDA like that is decidedly Not Modest. I know you're married and allowed to have sex now, but doesn't mean anyone wants to see you vaccum each other's tonsils on camera. Turn the camera off and go get a room, for Rufus' sake!

What kills me is not only the PDAs, but the incredible awkwardness involved. Dave is either not into Bethany or not into PDAs, but he’s constantly forced into these public displays. 
I’ve also been following them on Reddit, and following the advice of posters to watch with the sound off. The body language is so telling. It’s bizarre to me that B tries to present this as a happy Christian marriage. I know it’s her brand, but it’s sad to think she might be influencing young viewers into thinking that’s the kind of marriage to which they should aspire.

  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Marmion
10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

A lot of people have complained that Monat totally fucked up their hair. I wouldn’t touch that overpriced MLM with a ten foot pole. 

Reminds me of this scene from a sitcom episode I saw .   

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
squiddysquid

Dave's behaviour and the awkwardness between them won't make those persistent Ex-gay rumours go away.

  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
hasunah
On 1/26/2020 at 1:48 AM, squiddysquid said:

Dave's behaviour and the awkwardness between them won't make those persistent Ex-gay rumours go away.

The best case scenario here  would be Dav just not being into Birthy but otherwise still into women .  

  • I Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar

Has Princess Bethy had much experience with babies? I’m just wondering how much of a shock this will be to her. She has 3 younger sisters but I doubt she was a sister mom beyond your basic helping out and household chores. She’s having the first grandchild in her family. So maybe she hasn’t been around newborns much. If that’s true, I think she's in for a surprise. 

  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Pecansforeveryone

Yeah, I dont get the sense she was a sister mom. She also isn't a an aunt yet and so hasn't  had to help Kristen raise any children. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Her older brothers have children I  think.  Pretty sure she has two nieces and a nephew or something like that.  Although nothing prepares you until you have your own!

They're so cringey I can't watch any of their videos.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
2 hours ago, Deanie said:

Her older brothers have children I  think.  Pretty sure she has two nieces and a nephew or something like that.  Although nothing prepares you until you have your own!

They're so cringey I can't watch any of their videos.

I always for get about the brother of this family. What is he like? Is his wife like Bethany and Kristin?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Listening to their voices is like getting shot repeatedly in the face with a BB gun. Or having an awl poked into my ears.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar

I had to post this picture because it’s hilariously awful. Plus it’s such an immature topic in my experience. I’m tall and I used to be obsessed about only dating males my height or taller than me. As I got older, I just stopped giving a fuck. I think this is a problem for young and immature people. Not mature adults. I’m slightly taller than my husband and it’s no big deal at all. Princess Bethy is 6’1” so if she had only dated fundie guys taller than her, she would probably be single forever. I don’t think she and Dav are compatible. But it has nothing to do with height.

67A70B8B-C99E-4A76-872F-C2E9404DB601.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
Antipatriarch
1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I had to post this picture because it’s hilariously awful.

Wow...

  • I Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Marmion
4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Princess Bethy is 6’1” so if she had only dated fundie guys taller than her, she would probably be single forever

Wow , she's even one or two inches taller than I am .  I only wish that women like her could feel that as a woman she may stand tall , on her own two feet , and not feel like she  has to be in the shadow of a man . 

  • Upvote 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar

The mainstream culture does push for men to be taller than women in relationships. However I would guess that gender roles are so strongly pushed that it’s even more prevalent in fundie culture. 

  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

The valedictorian of my high school class is six feet tall, taller than her husband, and showed up at our reunion in 4” heels. Good for her!

  • Love 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
louisa05

That blog is a train wreck. Seems it was their first item of discussion on their first date. And poor Bethune had to spiritually work through it. SMH. I used their Facebook to get the link and the comments there are pretty bad,too.  One woman said she doesn’t think a man can be a leader if his wife is taller than him. 
 

These people’s shallowness never ceases to amaze me. 

  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
23 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

That blog is a train wreck. Seems it was their first item of discussion on their first date. And poor Bethune had to spiritually work through it. SMH. I used their Facebook to get the link and the comments there are pretty bad,too.  One woman said she doesn’t think a man can be a leader if his wife is taller than him. 
 

These people’s shallowness never ceases to amaze me. 

Welp I guess she needs to tell that to my great grandparents. They were married for 75 years and my great grandma was very obviously taller than my great grandfather. And she wore heels everyday. Neither of them cared at all.

  • Love 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
TuringMachine

I imagine my future husband will be taller than me. That's less because of my personal preferences and more just statistics. I'm 5'2"

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

I imagine my future husband will be taller than me. That's less because of my personal preferences and more just statistics. I'm 5'2"

When I was 5’2” (before I achieved my current Amazonian height of 5’3”), back in high school and envied my tall girl friends,  my next door neighbor, mother of a 5’5” son, said, “But the short boys need somebody to date, too!” Both Ex-Mr.-Hanes were six footers. (They also had blue eyes and big ears. I must have had a “type.”)

  • Upvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
JMarie
5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I had to post this picture because it’s hilariously awful. Plus it’s such an immature topic in my experience. I’m tall and I used to be obsessed about only dating males my height or taller than me. As I got older, I just stopped giving a fuck. I think this is a problem for young and immature people. Not mature adults. I’m slightly taller than my husband and it’s no big deal at all. Princess Bethy is 6’1” so if she had only dated fundie guys taller than her, she would probably be single forever. I don’t think she and Dav are compatible. But it has nothing to do with height.

67A70B8B-C99E-4A76-872F-C2E9404DB601.jpeg

He looks like he's palpating her abdomen during a physical exam.  She's turning her head and is about to cough to check for the presence of a hernia.  Sorry, I'm a nurse.

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
Giraffe

Are there any pictures of the two of them where they look comfortable with each other? They’re just as awkward now as they were before marriage!

  • I Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.