IGNORED

Joy and Austin 17: Staying Off the Internet

Coconut Flan

I’m too busy rolling my eyes at Instagram posts like this to worry what Joy is wearing! [emoji849]

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just left the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall. (Spur-of-the-moment decision.) I’m wearing dark DARK blue skinny jeans, black ankle boots, and a long black sweater. I was not, by any stretch, underdressed. Lol

I wore my jeans, walking shoes and polar fleece to the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall as well, @SapphireSlytherin.  People were much more casually dressed than the night before at the ballet.  

I’d booked the tickets to the ballet months ago, but like you, the Rockettes was a spur of the moment decision (booked that morning).  I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it.  They were great!

Catching up on this thread has been enlightening, I don’t personally get becoming offended at someone else’s clothes or makeup. I save that for when something is clearly directed at me, seems a bit of a waste of energy or a way to feel superior over another person.

People will overdress and underdress for a variety of reasons, comfort, cluelessness, weather. I don’t know about anyone else, but every time I’ve been someone’s plus one the bloke couldn’t have told me the dress code in advance if he tried and knew. When it happens I’m embarrassed and feel a bit cringeworthy, but cheer myself it doesn’t matter after I go home. Seems it does and will linger on as a major faux paux for many posters for decades to be discussed at random as event ruining. I’m totally surprised I still have friends from all those middle school years of mishaps, hahaha.

PSA: If you are interviewer remember to be kind, some of your candidates may be in borrowed clothes, Dress for Success, etc. We don’t always have the best clothes to work with at DFS or candidates reentering the workforce feel more comfortable and confident and the styles they were familiar with before, especially true for SAHMs. 

A story about myself about being overdressed. Between the ages of 10 and 13 I was completely in love with the boy who lived down the street from me. I was convinced we were going to be married by the age of 20. For his bar mitzvah party I was completely overdressed. The reason why I did it was I was conceived we were going to be together forever so I wanted to empress his extended family because I was convinced it was also going to be mine. 

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I’m too busy rolling my eyes at Instagram posts like this to worry what Joy is wearing! emoji849.png

If that's what things will be like, I'd rather hear nothing from them.  

3 hours ago, freethemall said:

If your standard is that yoga pants and a hoodie are decent daywear outside the home than I understand why you think Joy's outfit is average dressed. 

Let's not forget this was an evening wedding where the bridesmaids wore long formal gowns.

I wear hoodies and yoga leggings outside my home all the time so YUP I do feel they're appropriate outside wear.

2 hours ago, Sky with diamonds said:

I would rather this, than hateful preaching. This is generic Christian Christmas greetings, this is hugs and kisses compared to the crap Derrick tweets. 

6 hours ago, freethemall said:

If your standard is that yoga pants and a hoodie are decent daywear outside the home than I understand why you think Joy's outfit is average dressed. 

Let's not forget this was an evening wedding where the bridesmaids wore long formal gowns.

Umm...where the hell ELSE would you wear hoodies and yoga pants? Inside? No thanks- inside is for jammies. 

And while I agree with you that you should dress for the occasion, I don't think insulting someone else's fashion choices is appropriate on this thread. We are all grown adults here. 

3 hours ago, Sky with diamonds said:

Like the old saying goes, if you can't say anything crazy or homophobic, don't say anything at all.

Countdown to someone criticizing her for ‘flaunting her pregnancy ‘ because she has her hand on her stomach in 3... 2... 1... :P

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I would rather this, than hateful preaching. This is generic Christian Christmas greetings, this is hugs and kisses compared to the crap Derrick tweets. 

I hope they don't go down the Derick route with social media. It's a slippery slope.

44 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

A Joy and Austin sighting.

That's a cute pic! 

3 hours ago, Jana814 said:

A story about myself about being overdressed. Between the ages of 10 and 13 I was completely in love with the boy who lived down the street from me. I was convinced we were going to be married by the age of 20. For his bar mitzvah party I was completely overdressed. The reason why I did it was I was conceived we were going to be together forever so I wanted to empress his extended family because I was convinced it was also going to be mine. 

I had a major crush on a guy from ages 10 - 14. I was convinced we were going to get married one day as well. I don't think I overdressed for his b'nai mitzvah. My entire family was invited. Our families liked each other! My dad thought he would be a good one to marry! It's meant to be, right? But I'd say the big reason that didn't work out is that he's gay.... Then meeting a hot male version of his twin sister as an adult was a total mindfuck...

Austin really doesn't know what to do with himself in pictures. That forced awkward smile is making my jaw hurt, just looking at him! 

Just now, Carm_88 said:

Austin really doesn't know what to do with himself in pictures. That forced awkward smile is making my jaw hurt, just looking at him! 

My brother doesn't know how to smile in pictures either. I have to tickle him. 

10 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I had a major crush on a guy from ages 10 - 14. I was convinced we were going to get married one day as well. I don't think I overdressed for his b'nai mitzvah. My entire family was invited. Our families liked each other! My dad thought he would be a good one to marry! It's meant to be, right? But I'd say the big reason that didn't work out is that he's gay.... Then meeting a hot male version of his twin sister as an adult was a total mindfuck...

I was really messed up when it came to this kid. I use to refer to his mother by her first name. My mother would get annoyed, then I would think I’m going to call her “mom” one day I mine as well start with her first name. 

7 hours ago, freethemall said:

Unless I missed something we don’t actually know what type of wedding it was nor do we know what time it occurred. We have a handful of photos that mostly were taken in daylight - sunset that day was likely sometime between 4:30 and 5:30. Those photos had to have been taken after the ceremony because another photo shows them before the ceremony holding hands and Bobby is clearly blindfolded to avoid seeing Tori in her dress. Considering the only wedding photos taken at night that have popped up thus far were of the newlyweds leaving the reception AND considering that these Fundies typically seem to host weddings starting in early to mid-afternoon* AND considering the relative relaxed feel of many of these weddings, I would say it’s a pretty safe bet that this was not a formal evening wedding. 

*As far as I know the only couples from the Bates and Duggar families who had evening or night weddings are the Forsyths and JoKen. The rest were married during the day and many of them had Bridesmaids in long formal looking dresses, the exceptions being the Dillards, the Seewalds, and Zachney.

(And as a new Mom, I can assure you that hoodies and stretchy black pants are 100% acceptable for wearing outside the home.)

Joy carries exactly like Jill did. Which would make me very hopeful that it is yet another boy and not a sister-mom, alas I really think it's a girl.

And yes, she's totally holding her hand on her stomach for no reason at all. It's the same thing in every photo. I no longer even see it really until somebody points it out, may as well be glued on there.

25 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

And yes, she's totally holding her hand on her stomach for no reason at all. It's the same thing in every photo. I no longer even see it really until somebody points it out, may as well be glued on there.

The reason is that she's pregnant and this is something that billions of pregnant women do, simply because it feels right. The fact that someone else reading this NEVER did it while THEY were pregnant is meaningless. The fact that Joy gets regularly shit on for this is absolutely ridiculous (and frankly, pretty damn sexist). Hell, I'm not pregnant and have never been pregnant and sometimes I find my hand resting on my stomach.

I think if I had a large pregnant belly, I'd feel inclined to support it too. She's still got a couple of months to go. I can only imagine how heavy and uncomfortable it must be now, and it's only going to get heavier. Plus odds are she'll go through this at least 10 more times in her adult life. I hope her births go smoother than sister-mom Jill's have gone. 

I also guess she's having a boy, and he'll be at least 10 lbs.

9 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Hell, I'm not pregnant and have never been pregnant and sometimes I find my hand resting on my stomach.

Also, maybe *gasp!* she, like most other women I personally know who do that pose, is actually excited and looking forward to meeting the little thing. 

Dear Rufus, she has 8 to 10 weeks still?  I'm always astounded how small women carry large babies.  I PRAY to Rufus or Trump or what ever else these idiots will listen to that this little girl gets her ass to a hospital to have that baby.  Because if she isn't having twins she's going to have a 10 pound baby at least and that won't end well with an unattended birth. And yes I consider Jill as the midwife being unattended. 

As for the hand on the belly, 1. its not really on the belly here, 2. pregnant bellies and hands go, well hand in hand. I remember my hands were constantly on my stomach, because the baby moves and it is cool.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived