IGNORED

Girl Defined 2: Aren’t They Women Yet?

nelliebelle1197

4 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

The cynical part of me says something is wrong because Bethy normally leans toward over sharing. If all were well, she’d surely be pontificating in how to be the most godly new mother ever 

You’re right. She is normally an over sharer. So it’s strange on her part. Her last post on I instagram was Feb 11th and I couldn’t help but notice all of their coffee cups. My husband and I are huge coffee drinkers. I have lots of family and friends that are huge coffee drinkers. Yet I’ve never seen a mug collection so big! And there’s only 2 of them! It’s not like it’s a house full of 8 coffee drinking adults. 

0701AE5F-11C4-4D3F-A7B3-B63AF7B6EB68.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 4

If it was just her I wouldn't be too worried, however it seems the whole Baird family is quiet. Even Kristen, nothing. No girl defined posts nothing. So yeah my gut is leaning towards something is wrong. 

Correction:  kristen is posting, but nothing about bethany. Still leaning towards something wrong.

Edited by SillyDillys
Correcting errors
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

Oh please no, being born into that clusterfuck of a family will already give the kid a bad start in life.

And with all the woo vrap they're into I doubt they'll get adequate help once they're out of the hospital.

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

You’re right. She is normally an over sharer. So it’s strange on her part. Her last post on I instagram was Feb 11th and I couldn’t help but notice all of their coffee cups. My husband and I are huge coffee drinkers. I have lots of family and friends that are huge coffee drinkers. Yet I’ve never seen a mug collection so big! And there’s only 2 of them! It’s not like it’s a house full of 8 coffee drinking adults. 

While I agree with you that it’s a ridiculous number of coffee cups, that’s her mother’s house, not hers. I think she still has siblings living at home, so it’s more than 2 people. Still too many cups though.

I hope the baby is okay.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

33 minutes ago, adidas said:

While I agree with you that it’s a ridiculous number of coffee cups, that’s her mother’s house, not hers. I think she still has siblings living at home, so it’s more than 2 people. Still too many cups though.

I hope the baby is okay.

Ok that makes much more sense. It’s weird she did an advertisement for a meal kit in her mother’s kitchen. You would think they would do that in their own kitchen. 

• I Agree 1

Not a fan of the gargantuan collection of coffee mugs (I'm getting second-hand anxiety from the clutter), but it looks like the top and bottom shelves are sets.  A family I babysat for had the bottom set; IIRC it's Starbucks mugs for each state you've visited.  So possibly someone (or two) in their family is a collector and they have to store the mugs somewhere.  Not my idea of fun, but you do you.  The middle shelf in it of itself is not a bad number of coffee cups for a large family.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

On 2/21/2020 at 4:22 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Now I'm all self-conscious because my collection of cups (while not quite as big because I don't have the sets) fills three entire cabinet shelves (stacked and spilling over) and that's not counting the holiday mugs that I only get out seasonally... and I just got rid of 15 of them this summer before we moved ?

Does it help at all if we cycle through almost all of them every month? We don't drink coffee on the weekdays but I really try to use different ones every weekend. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, AverageGiraffe said:

Now I'm all self-conscious because my collection of cups (while not quite as big because I don't have the sets) fills three entire cabinet shelves (stacked and spilling over) and that's not counting the holiday mugs that I only get out seasonally... and I just got rid of 15 of them this summer before we moved ?

Does it help at all if we cycle through almost all of them every month? We don't drink coffee on the weekdays but I really try to use different ones every weekend. 

We drink a lot of coffee in our house and we have a decent amount of coffee cups. But nothing like that picture. But I can have minimalist tendencies. So I’m probably biased. But I do recommend people go through their cabinets every once in while and get rid of the stuff they don’t use.

• I Agree 1

8 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

We drink a lot of coffee in our house and we have a decent amount of coffee cups. But nothing like that picture. But I can have minimalist tendencies. So I’m probably biased. But I do recommend people go through their cabinets every once in while and get rid of the stuff they don’t use.

I keep trying to do that, but I truly do love every cup I have. I can think of... 3 that I could MAYBE stand to get rid of. And 3 more (a beautiful set but not very practical) that I don't want to get rid of but could probably put in storage. Maybe tonight's projects will be to clear out those 6 cups ?

I have a bad habit of scouring goodwill for funny mugs every time I go even though I have enough mugs. Favorite finds so far include one that says "I'm saving myself for Tom Selleck" and one I bought when I was 25 and getting lots of baby pressure from well meaning family members that says "I'd rather be 40 than pregnant" 

Normally I'm ruthless with getting rid of things, but I can't do it to my mugs, my books, or my notebooks and pens. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

I think the strangest thing is that Kristen is deleting comments or completely ignoring any questions related to Bethany and BabyDefined. That, to me, is the strongest evidence towards something going wrong. 

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

18 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Do we actually know for sure the baby’s been born?

Nope. But she and Dave were supposed to host this year’s valentines party for all the singles, and she went radio silent just before then. She mentioned that V day was 9 days before her due date. 
It’s confusing. Kristen and another sister left for a preplanned conference, and the family celebrated an engagement. But they’re deleting comments and ignoring questions. It’s odd.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

16 minutes ago, apandaaries said:

Nope. But she and Dave were supposed to host this year’s valentines party for all the singles, and she went radio silent just before then. She mentioned that V day was 9 days before her due date. 
It’s confusing. Kristen and another sister left for a preplanned conference, and the family celebrated an engagement. But they’re deleting comments and ignoring questions. It’s odd.

Thanks. I agree that’s all rather odd. I understand the speculation going on now. 

• Upvote 2

Someone commented on Bethany’s Instagram   that apparently she had said in a youtube vid about her birth plan that she was not going to tell anybody about the birth after two weeks and take a break from social media. Can anyone confirm that? I hate watching their YouTube channel. 

• Thank You 1

Those mugs are definitely the kind that Starbucks and Disney and whatnot sell with different locations on them so you can "collect all!" of them. We are coffee drinkers here and people just keeping getting us more and more mugs fro every holiday. I fear we may have a similar amount of mugs. Not by choice. ?

4 minutes ago, meep said:

Those mugs are definitely the kind that Starbucks and Disney and whatnot sell with different locations on them so you can "collect all!" of them. We are coffee drinkers here and people just keeping getting us more and more mugs fro every holiday. I fear we may have a similar amount of mugs. Not by choice. ?

I counted 54! And I assume there are more that you can’t even see. 

I do understand being attached to certain mugs. I’m attached to a few of mine. Because a friend made me one in her pottery class in college. I’m pretty attached to that one. My husband has a really old bugs bunny mug that he's way too attached too. He won’t get rid of that thing until it falls apart in his hand.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

Someone commented on Bethany’s Instagram   that apparently she had said in a youtube vid about her birth plan that she was not going to tell anybody about the birth after two weeks and take a break from social media. Can anyone confirm that? I hate watching their YouTube channel. 

I can understand wanting radio silence for a couple weeks.

Because they make their living oversharing, I’m surprised they wouldn’t at least make a vague announcement of “baby born, more info in two weeks!” 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

They will eventually share info. These two can’t seem to not share the most personal aspects of their life on a regular basis. The question is when.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

I’m not crazy about these two nitwits, but I sincerely hope all is well with Bethany and the baby.

• I Agree 5

So I learned recently about influencers birthing social media trends via hate-following one (Aspyn Ovard) and am wondering if some of it is what Bethany is doing. A lot of influencers have these periods of radio silence and sparingly giving out info to build up hype and activity - the more curious comments and views to see if the baby is born the better. For ones that haven't announced the name,  they wait to give that out too - Aspyn did a whole name announcement video a whopping 2 weeks after the birth, and was deleting comments from those who figured it out before then. 

Either way, I think (and hope) this is all building to a very anticlimactic climax.

Edited by freethemall
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

21 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

That actually sounds like a sane plan.

• I Agree 1

15 minutes ago, freethemall said:

So I learned recently about influencers birthing social media trends via hate-following one (Aspyn Ovard) and am wondering if some of it is what Bethany is doing. A lot of influencers have these periods of radio silence and sparingly giving out info to build up hype and activity - the more curious comments and views to see if the baby is born the better. For ones that haven't announced the name,  they wait to give that out too - Aspyn did a whole name announcement video a whopping 2 weeks after the birth, and was deleting comments from those who figured it out before then. 

Either way, I think (and hope) this is all building to a very anticlimactic climax.

That turns my stomach. I can’t stand this overexposure and hyping things about your child in order to become more famous and rich. It’s just the same as the Duggars.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

Everything seems to be at odds with this situation.

The extended fam is going about business as normal and happy and smiling, but will delete comments questioning anything.

If they wanted to regain some privacy, she could have just taken a full month off. Just say you’re going to take a break starting a week before due date and will be enjoying private family time for labor, birth and postpartum. Thanks for your well wishes, in due time we will be back with updates.

then you could pin that on your social media and your very public fam could easily dismiss comments saying you’re taking the month off to prepare for and enjoy davey jr.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That turns my stomach. I can’t stand this overexposure and hyping things about your child in order to become more famous and rich. It’s just the same as the Duggars.

I'm glad I was not born when social media was around. I would feel so used looking back on my childhood if my parents acted like a lot of these "influencers." I wonder how kids nowadays will feel about all this overexposure and using their life events as some sort of publicity and "game." 

• Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, meep said:

I'm glad I was not born when social media was around. I would feel so used looking back on my childhood if my parents acted like a lot of these "influencers." I wonder how kids nowadays will feel about all this overexposure and using their life events as some sort of publicity and "game." 

It’s funny because I’m pretty positive my parents wouldn’t have fallen into the trap. My mom is a pretty private person and my dad isn’t super tech savvy so I can’t imagine them ever overexposing my siblings and I on social media if we were kids now. I keep my kids pretty private. I have a private Facebook account with less than 200 friends. And I don’t post about anything personal. 

• Upvote 3