IGNORED

Joy and Austin 17: Staying Off the Internet

Coconut Flan

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/17/2017 at 7:50 PM, amandaaries said:

And for those whose doctors questioned due dates/paternity -- solidarity.  I got pregnant in Korea with only one possible conception date AND I went to Korean doctors through my first trimester.  I brought all that info to my American doctors, only to be doubted and questioned at every turn.  In fact, the due date wound up bumped up a week based on an early American ultrasound.  According to my BFF doctor, American doctors just doubt everything, even other American doctors.  They want all their own tests.  Still shitty, but seems to be part of medical training.

Yes it is definitely part of medical training! My strictest medicine professor used to say, "Never trust another doctor!" And he meant that we need to speak with the patient and do an exam and come up with our own opinions, not just buy diagnoses from other people hook, line, and sinker. I'm not saying this well but it is really important to think independently and not just turn off your brain and copy a list of medical problems. However I do agree about over-ordering of tests and I preach about that to whomever will listen to me. 

41 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

That reminds me of a guy we discussed on FJ who had a Halloween wedding with his latest wife/victim. Anyone remember who he was?

James Ference. The Halloween "wedding" was to wife number 5, Chelsea, but it wasn't legal because he was still married to wife number 4, Natalie, at the time. He's currently engaged to yet another woman. :pink-shock:

18 minutes ago, Bethella said:

James Ference. The Halloween "wedding" was to wife number 5, Chelsea, but it wasn't legal because he was still married to wife number 4, Natalie, at the time. He's currently engaged to yet another woman. :pink-shock:

That's it, thanks.

And another woman? As in this would be wife #6?

Just now, Rachel333 said:

That's it, thanks.

And another woman? As in this would be wife #6?

Yep. Plus the baby mama he didn't marry means that (at least) seven women have now fallen for this schmuck.

23 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Yep. Plus the baby mama he didn't marry means that (at least) seven women have now fallen for this schmuck.

Geex, that's ridiculous. He's such a gross looking guy, how does he get so many women to fall for him?

Where are you finding the information about him? I can't find anything recent.

6 minutes ago, Bethella said:

All stuff from threads here and online.

I hadn't seen the most recent mention on FJ, thanks!

Crazy that in the last post on the blog two different women said they were dating or had dated him.

12 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I completely agree. Unless something really big happens - like a drunken fight breaks out and people are arrested - you probably won’t remember too much about individual guests because there’s so much happening. 

I do still remember one family who came to our wedding in very casual clothes, but it's a happy memory. I was giving them a little side-eye, until my husband explained that his friend and her family had driven all night to get there in time for the wedding and were still in their travel clothes. He was very touched. It was one of the things that contributed to his emotional state of almost hysteria during the ceremony. He kept alternating between giggles and tears. It was sweet, really. :my_heart:

10 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

That's it, I'm getting divorced so I can have a do-over.

Halloween was a Saturday the year I got married. I was really interested in getting married that night, but husband convinced me it wouldn’t be fair to the kids attending to miss trick or treating and it would cost more. So we got married a week later.

... it’s been two years and I still haven’t forgiven him... :pb_lol:

5 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I do still remember one family who came to our wedding in very casual clothes, but it's a happy memory. I was giving them a little side-eye, until my husband explained that his friend and her family had driven all night to get there in time for the wedding and were still in their travel clothes. He was very touched. It was one of the things that contributed to his emotional state of almost hysteria during the ceremony. He kept alternating between giggles and tears. It was sweet, really. :my_heart:

That’s really sweet! I laughed throughout our ceremony too, but I’m just incapable of being serious when that much attention is on me. Plus our officiant based the ceremony around my love for Harry Potter, so I was extra giddy. 

My family still talks about what one uncle wore to a cousin's wedding. It was a very traditional Midwestern church wedding, and the groom's godfather arrived in khakis and a Tommy Bahama (vacation-type Hawaiian shirt) shirt which on the back had a picture of a wine glass in a lady's form and said "nice legs."

Yeah. He is never going to live that down and the bride and groom were pretty peeved.

If I ever get married I'd like to elope, but if I end up having an actual wedding I could definitely see one of my cousins wearing white, especially since I plan on asking our other cousin to be a bridesmaid but not her. 

35 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

My family still talks about what one uncle wore to a cousin's wedding. It was a very traditional Midwestern church wedding, and the groom's godfather arrived in khakis and a Tommy Bahama (vacation-type Hawaiian shirt) shirt which on the back had a picture of a wine glass in a lady's form and said "nice legs."

Yeah. He is never going to live that down and the bride and groom were pretty peeved.

See now I would have laughed my ass off, but that is me and I don't take much in life serious anyway.  I still remember when my BFF got married in the stoneages of 1991, her mother in law wore a love blue and white cotton dress with dyed to match satin shoes. She looked ridiculous, but then you have to understand the grooms parents, they left the wedding reception after the 1st dance to go to a movie. Yep, they had a date planned and they weren't going to let that pesky wedding get in the way. Long story longer, groom's dad was/is an ass, turned out groom was an ass too just his old man. The marriage ended in a ball of flames 16 years later

On 12/18/2017 at 2:01 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

wearing something a little more put-together is a way of saying "I respect the importance of this event and the effort you have put forth to make it a nice affair". 

I think some people may put more emphasis on this than other people. If someone didn't dress up for my event, I wouldn't care, because that's on them. If you know people well enough, you can tell whether or not they mean to be disrespectful or not. It can be a type of disrespect, imo, but for Joy I think it was ok in this instance.

Joy is one of hundreds of guests at this wedding. She isn't related to the bride, or one of the bride's best friends. So like, whatever. Wear what you want. 

8 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Halloween was a Saturday the year I got married. I was really interested in getting married that night, but husband convinced me it wouldn’t be fair to the kids attending to miss trick or treating and it would cost more. So we got married a week later.

... it’s been two years and I still haven’t forgiven him... :pb_lol:

Velocibaby will thank him when she’s older and you can take her trick or treating instead of celebrating your anniversary. :)

7 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

the grooms parents, they left the wedding reception after the 1st dance to go to a movie. Yep, they had a date planned and they weren't going to let that pesky wedding get in the way.

That’s horrible! Not even JB and Michelle would behave like that. And they are not exactly parents whose standard you should aim for ...

1 hour ago, Iamtheway said:

Velocibaby will thank him when she’s older and you can take her trick or treating instead of celebrating your anniversary. :)

That’s horrible! Not even JB and Michelle would behave like that. And they are not exactly parents whose standard you should aim for ...

They were not subtle in that he wasn't the favorite child, he was born a little early like 34/35 weeks and got an infection at birth, and it caused him to be profoundly deaf so he was defective and there for not worthy of loving.  He wasn't given hearing aids or taught sing language he got by by learning to read lips. So all around asshole parents.  His mom did come around after they divorced and was very close with them until she died 2 years ago. He still has nothing to do with his father and neither do the grand kids. 

18 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

They were not subtle in that he wasn't the favorite child, he was born a little early like 34/35 weeks and got an infection at birth, and it caused him to be profoundly deaf so he was defective and there for not worthy of loving.  He wasn't given hearing aids or taught sing language he got by by learning to read lips. So all around asshole parents.  His mom did come around after they divorced and was very close with them until she died 2 years ago. He still has nothing to do with his father and neither do the grand kids. 

That poor kid. Ugh that is just heartbreaking.

On 12/19/2017 at 1:53 AM, CarrotCake said:

I never understand the lack of dressing up on weddings but we see it all the time in fundie land. On the one hand: it is so important and their only formal events (you might even meet your future spouse there) but on the other hand: they probably have a wedding every week so maybe they also get tired of it.

I was taught that it was a show of respect that you were willing to dress up for the formality of the event.  But I guess that isn't what it used to be.    

30 minutes ago, Purrl said:

Have they announced if Joy is carrying a boy or a girl?

Nope. No due date either.

31 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

I was taught that it was a show of respect that you were willing to dress up for the formality of the event.  But I guess that isn't what it used to be.    

Fundie weddings aren’t very formal. Jessa had her reception in a parking lot FFS. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived