IGNORED

Joy and Austin 17: Staying Off the Internet

Coconut Flan

19 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I didn't get the impression that anyone here recommending a good, supportive bra for nursing mothers was suggesting they do it for anything other than their own comfort.  Looking perky is great if that's what you want, but assuaging back and breast pain is really important.

I was sized once and would have had to special order my size without trying it on, so I've been wearing sports bras exclusively for about 7 years.  Maybe one day... I do hate how they look in pictures but I'm lucky enough not to have much back pain.  My husband couldn't give two shits how my breasts look when I'm out and about as long as I'm happy.

I don't mean to pry, but which sports bra brand do you use? Fruit of the loom (!) worked for me, even if I had to replace them every three or four months. I can no longer go back to wearing a normal bra, and underwires are out of the question. The search continues and I never thought it would be so difficult to find a good bra n the shops, and not for the lack of trying. 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I use fruit of the loom currently and bought them on Amazon.

Those are so comfy! So sad the local Walmart no longer carries them. 

On 12/13/2017 at 1:12 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I've got it!!!  It's only 12 names but that will give them a good start.

Boys names: Smith Wesson; Sig Sauer; Glock Patriot; Bushmaster Colt; Ruger Savage; Winchester Bolt-Action & Terry JimBob

Girls names: Remington Kel-Tec; Armi Jager; ArmaLite Arsenal; Beretta Calico; & Michelle Roxanne.

Because I'm working I Googled names of guns.  :pb_lol:

A racist bitch I went to high school with named her daughter Aryan.  She has the gall to say she's not racist while calling black people the N-word and Mexican people "beaners" and Sheiks  "Muslim ragheads" (double face-palm on that one).  She's not racist, you see.  She's just defending white culture and had pride in being white.  White pride, y'all!  Because it's so tough being white, y'all.  So tough.

Someone from my high school back home named her daughter Aryana and *couldn't understand* the objections .... But then she was never the brightest crayon so it could have been just idiocy. 

7 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Someone from my high school back home named her daughter Aryana and *couldn't understand* the objections .... But then she was never the brightest crayon so it could have been just idiocy. 

Please tell me she changed the spelling of that later on. 

19 hours ago, MargaretElliott said:

Yeah, whenever anyone measures me with only the ribcage-armpit-measurement, I end up with somewhere between a B and a C cup. I'm a DD. If anyone tries to measure you that way, run far, far in the opposite direction. Also, apparently a 32DD is a size that does not exist, therefore should not be carried in mainstream department stores (except Victoria's Secret). Obviously if you're above a C, your ribcage must be above 36 inches, no matter what. :pb_rollseyes: Never mind the fact that people have variety in their shapes and measurements. I hate bra shopping with the burning passion of a thousand fiery hells. All the Duggar girls should get proper fitting bras because that, for me at least, was a more religious experience than any church sermon. My testimony is to the one Victoria's Secret fitter who actually knew what she was doing. Jesus smiles on you, Ruby, you have a servant's heart.

@MargaretElliott are you me? I'm now a 32DD. I lost about 90 lbs and started out at a 40B, then I ended up at a 32DD and it's way more frustrating. It feels like no matter what, I'm not "right" for whatever gets made. 40B? Hardly anywhere. 32DD? Same story. I went into a store when I was a 34DD to ask what they had in a 34DD and the sales lady said "I don't think that's a size." I wanted to yell at her "well, what am I supposed to do?!" I still haven't discovered the right bra yet. 

There's a little girl in my extended family named "Aryan Angel." Her brothers have racist names as well but I don't remember what they are. I feel bad for them having such terrible names. That's just one of many ways their parents made their lives more difficult; they're being raised by their great-grandmother (who is in her 80's) because their parents and grandparents are all too into doing drugs to take care of children.

Please tell me she changed the spelling of that later on. 

I'd love to tell you that but I like you too much to lie to you.

My Ma worked at the elementary school until she retired. She was one of her students [emoji58]

5 hours ago, Mela99 said:

I knew a lady named Aryani, but she was Indonesian. And to be fair, "Aryan" is often used to describe people from Iran and Northern India (Arya is a common Persian name), so not everyone named that is the offspring of Neo-Nazis. 

15 hours ago, Jug Band Baby said:

A racist bitch I went to high school with named her daughter Aryan.  She has the gall to say she's not racist while calling black people the N-word and Mexican people "beaners" and Sheiks  "Muslim ragheads" (double face-palm on that one).  She's not racist, you see.  She's just defending white culture and had pride in being white.  White pride, y'all!  Because it's so tough being white, y'all.  So tough.

Oh my God, my Uncle named his blonde sone Aryan a well. 

5 hours ago, Runningfromreality said:

@MargaretElliott are you me? I'm now a 32DD. I lost about 90 lbs and started out at a 40B, then I ended up at a 32DD and it's way more frustrating. It feels like no matter what, I'm not "right" for whatever gets made. 40B? Hardly anywhere. 32DD? Same story. I went into a store when I was a 34DD to ask what they had in a 34DD and the sales lady said "I don't think that's a size." I wanted to yell at her "well, what am I supposed to do?!" I still haven't discovered the right bra yet. 

34DD is barely a size and 32E does not exist. I hate bra shopping. I love pretty bras but I hate bra shopping. Just because I have big boobs does not mean that I'm at least a 36. It will not fit! Stop telling me it will fit! 

Though I will say that if you are wearing the wrong size, getting the right size can be a slice of heaven! 

Long time lurker, new to posting. I also wear a 32DD and have found the best fit with Wacoal bras. A quick check of their website shows they have some bras that go up to a G cup. They are pricey, but they last a long time and are super comfortable. I do take special care with them, either hand-washing or using the delicate cycle in a lingerie bag. I found my first ones at a department store sale and bought several. I actually love their underwire bras! I am petite and short-waisted (the whole discussion about Joy and looking “so far along” resonates with me!), and I like the way I look and feel in them. Not everyone does, I know, but Wacoal has a wide variety of types. Hope this helps.

7 hours ago, Mela99 said:

It's a pretty name, but the spelling...  Arianna.  Is that so hard?

6 hours ago, Runningfromreality said:

I often have to get a 34D since 32DD is so hard to find.  The bras at Fredericks of Hollywood fit like they were made on me.  Also look into European bras.  They's an investment, but worth it.

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I knew a lady named Aryani, but she was Indonesian. And to be fair, "Aryan" is often used to describe people from Iran and Northern India (Arya is a common Persian name), so not everyone named that is the offspring of Neo-Nazis. 

Complete pass for people from that region of the world.  Hitler also stole the Swastika.  Those same people get more than a pass on using their own religious symbol despite it getting bastardized.

No pass for white people.

I sometimes think that there should be a way to legally veto particularly horrible names.

2 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

Underwires are the work of the devil. 

That it is! Will never go back to wearing it. 

I did the "a bra that fits" guide a while back and, since I don't have large breasts, I was pretty surprised to find out that I was a DD! A 28DD really isn't as big as it sounds, though.

I actually only wear sports bras anyway, so finding the right size isn't a big deal to me. I wouldn't wear a bra at all if it were socially acceptable to do so; it really bugs me that there are lots of men with bigger boobs than mine who can have theirs flopping around unrestrained but it's typically considered indecent if a woman doesn't wear a bra!

58 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I did the "a bra that fits" guide a while back and, since I don't have large breasts, I was pretty surprised to find out that I was a DD! A 28DD really isn't as big as it sounds, though.

i found an amazing shop in Victoria that has sport bras and I bought 2 colors and I love them.  Although they are not that sturdy for zumba 

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

34DD is barely a size and 32E does not exist. I hate bra shopping. I love pretty bras but I hate bra shopping. Just because I have big boobs does not mean that I'm at least a 36. It will not fit! Stop telling me it will fit! 

Though I will say that if you are wearing the wrong size, getting the right size can be a slice of heaven! 

bras that seem to get holes in the middle seem to die a slow death even though they are comfortable. 

3 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

QFT

9 hours ago, Runningfromreality said:

“I don’t think that’s a size” is a shitty thing to say as a woman and as a bra seller. Like, you’d think someone with that kind of knowledge and familiarity about bra sizes and boobs would know that boobs and people who have them come in all shapes and sizes.

When my friend worked at Victoria’s Secret she couldn’t use her employee discount on bras because they didn’t carry her size. They only go up to cup size DD, right?

Genuine question: what is the difference between DD and E?
I'm Dutch, and I've never seen a bra sized DD before. No other double letters either. D is followed by E, E by F, and so forth. The double letters have always confused me.

On 12/27/2017 at 2:03 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I think it is the general assumption since so far neither Anna, Jill or Jessa has had any prenatal care aside from with Mac. And if rumors are true that Joy isn't finding the sex of the baby that means she didn't even get the glamor shots u/s for gender.  While I HOPE she is getting care, I'm not holding my breathing for it either.

I think 9 months of quality prenatal care is far more important than a routine ultrasound for most women. 

3 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I think 9 months of quality prenatal care is far more important than a routine ultrasound for most women. 

Well yeah, I'm not sure where this is coming from though? I wasn't saying anything of the sort, just that I'm afraid she's not getting ANY prenatal care, not even a lousy u/s in a boutique. Not that an u/s in a boutique will substitute for good prenatal care. But if she was getting no care and had one of these u/s and the tech saw, lets say two babies, that would be at least SOME information to go on, 

11 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Well yeah, I'm not sure where this is coming from though? I wasn't saying anything of the sort, just that I'm afraid she's not getting ANY prenatal care, not even a lousy u/s in a boutique. Not that an u/s in a boutique will substitute for good prenatal care. But if she was getting no care and had one of these u/s and the tech saw, lets say two babies, that would be at least SOME information to go on, 

I meant the Duggars think as long as they’ve had an  US, that they are GTG....sorry. I’m on mobile, which I hate, so I try to limit the wordy posts. :)

14 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

Preach. I bought my first set of maternity bras. No wires, no seams, no nothing. WHY DIDN'T SOMEONE TELL ME BEFORE?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived