IGNORED

Dillards 41: Chocolate, Cheese, and Other Things More Interesting

choralcrusader8613

On Jill's chances of having wool pulled from her eyes:

Just remember how card carrying tea party members reacted to the Great Recession: more deregulation! Rip up Dodd-Frank! Unleash the banks!

The reaction to catastrophe for fundamentalists is often just to double down on hardline beliefs.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Beermeet said:

WTF is Dwreaks tweet even mean?  What is he talking about?  Poor Jill.  Can't he tweet about her in a nice way.  Idk if that was about her but it's about women and she is one.  Ugh.  This guy sucks.

Actually yes... Does anyone know what it means?  Im not religious but I know a little bit and I'm not understand what the  meaning is.  

5 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

Actually yes... Does anyone know what it means?  Im not religious but I know a little bit and I'm not understand what the  meaning is.  

Right?!  I did mean that literally,  if possible.

Can any religious scholars on here convince me that "The mouth of a forbidden woman is a deep pit" isn't the Bible telling people that scarlet women give good BJs?

Also, yes, Derick, free speech IS under attack, because of our president restricting journalist access to the White House, trying to undermine news outlets/newspapers, blocking people on his official Twitter when they annoy him, spreading/encouraging hate speech that makes it difficult for adherents of certain religions to express their faiths freely, attacking NFL players for exercising their First Amendment rights, and denigrating peaceful protests. Oh, wait, you meant that sometimes non-Christians or less radicalized Christians say things that hurt your fee-fees and the president should make that illegal. You fucking five-year-old.

5 hours ago, Timetraveler said:

Just boys for this family please. Can you imagine, as a girl/young woman, having Derick as your father? 

You just made my eyes go wide with horror at that thought. 

Just boys for this family please. Can you imagine, as a girl/young woman, having Derick as your father? 

Or being transgender or gay and having him for a father???

Just now, kacarlton said:

Or being transgender or gay and having him for a father???

That kid would live a miserable life. I sincerely hope none of their kids have to go through that. 

I still can't believe at the sex reveal he said something like, "I'm gonna say boy because I wouldn't want him going his whole life thinking I thought he was a girl."  My dogs brain doesn't even have logic like that and he licks his own butt!  

5 minutes ago, Incognito22 said:

I still can't believe at the sex reveal he said something like, "I'm gonna say boy because I wouldn't want him going his whole life thinking I thought he was a girl."  My dogs brain doesn't even have logic like that and he licks his own butt!  

I know. I was like, "What the actual fuck?" So if it turned out to be a girl, it would be better for her to go through her whole life thinking he thought she was a boy? Really reveals his attitude toward women. I sincerely hope he never has a daughter, but even if he only has sons, he's raising them to think like this. 

I was just watching Joe and Kendra's wedding, and I was surprised but happy when Joe said that Kendra was someone he really looked up to. Now I'm under no illusion that Joe and Kendra are going to have an egalitarian marriage, but I wonder how many of these guys would say something like that about their wives. I can't even fathom Derick saying that Jill was someone he 'looked up to.'

Another gem from D-wreck...typical conservative nonsense about 'free-speech' whenever their voice is no longer the dominant one; and they get called out on their bigotry. 

It also features a weird debate about facts and feelings w/ some guy (who I think might be arguing the existence of God)

IMG_0344.PNG

IMG_0345.PNG

15 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

Another gem from D-wreck...typical conservative nonsense about 'free-speech' whenever their voice is no longer the dominant one; and they get called out on their bigotry. 

For all their talk about how tough and adult and in the real world they are, conservatives really seem to get into tizzies over people calling them out or when they have to let others have a turn, and act like their fee-fees are more important than other people's rights, scientific facts, or national security.

Honestly, I think fundamentalism (of any flavor) is a very childish mindset in general: black and white morality, no critical thinking, magical thinking/just world fallacies, extreme solipsism/self-absorption, and throwing tantrums whenever you don't get your way. And thinking that the government should just make laws to make you happy and let you do whatever you want.

Wow, he's on a roll today.

Derick, a lot of people aren't criticizing you because they're 'blindly following'. They're criticizing you because you've said/done some tone-deaf and insensitive shit. 

He should really take his own advice. 

IMG_0346.PNG

Yes, Derick. Think.

Don't talk. Just think. Think for a long, long time. And then, when you think you're done thinking, think some more. Don't open your mouth again or tap your little fingers on that keyboard to tell other people how they should think, feel, or live, until you've spent a good, long while thinking about your own flaws and failings. There's a plank in your eye, friend.

You mean you shouldn't blindly follow a religion because some douchebag who is on tv said so? :o Colour me shocked! 

Oh god, there's more...cue Derick praising a black NFL player for not kneeling during the anthem (many players are kneeling in protest to police brutality, racism and the treatment of Colin Kappernick) 

He's really starting to piss me off. 

His mother, Cathy, also retweeted a smartass comment about NFL players kneeling. 

Spoiler

I rolled my eyes so hard that they're presently stuck in the back of my head. 

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Yes, Derick. Think.

Don't talk. Just think. Think for a long, long time. And then, when you think you're done thinking, think some more. Don't open your mouth again or tap your little fingers on that keyboard to tell other people how they should think, feel, or live, until you've spent a good, long while thinking about your own flaws and failings. There's a plank in your eye, friend.

At this point he's got an entire goddamn Home Depot lumber department in his cornea.

14 hours ago, Timetraveler said:

Yes, but sadly, part of the problem is men/fathers setting a good example for their sons as to how to treat women.

Also, drift away from D-wreck back to Jill.....has anyone discussed or noticed the fact that she literally seems to have no friends outside of her family, who's kinda forced to be with her? I mean every single other girl on the show has at least had one other close friend shown somehow. 

Yes, Derrick, please think critically, don't blindly follow cult leaders, and don't expect your wife to blindly follow you. And don't play the victim if people say something when you can find a way and energy to bully trans kids, but not to earn money for your own education. 

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

At this point he's got an entire goddamn Home Depot lumber department in his cornea.

Hilarious!  I laughed so hard, I peed in my pants.

@nastyhobbitsesYou forgot the part where he disinvited the Golden State Warriors from visiting the White House. Because Steph Curry said he wouldn't go. Because the President is a massive tool (not his actual words. I'm paraphrasing.) And then LeBron James chimed in by calling Trump a bum and it was a hysterically accurate tweet.

Good times America. Good times.

But seriously. If Derick is more pissed off about Christian's having to bake cakes for the Gays or NFL players peacefully taking a knee during the anthem then he is by black people being killed by police or black athletes and reporters being harassed by the President... well, that really says everything you need to know about him.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived