IGNORED

Dillards 41: Chocolate, Cheese, and Other Things More Interesting

choralcrusader8613

6 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Didn't Jill say she was a CPM when they were listening to the heartbeat in CA? I thought she didn't complete her training. Don't want to watch it again, so would appreciate it if someone else remembers.

Jill passed her NARM (North American Registry of Midwives) Exam around September 2015 during their first trip back to the states. This is enough to allow her to practice in some states and is good for three years. When she needs to get recertified next year she will need 30 hours of continuing education and we haven't heard anything about that.

Editing to add: I just realized that she can qualify for up to 10 CEUs serving as a midwife in an out-of-country maternity center or clinic (if she actually did that in Scary America)

What she did not complete were the requirements for licensure in Arkansas so she cannot practice there.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder though if Venessa Giron lost her ability to proctor for NARM when her license was revoked? According to NARM, if I'm reading it right, if a delivery proctor is removed due to misconduct, any deliveries done with her would be invalid. Curious....

7 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

Wonder though if Venessa Giron lost her ability to proctor for NARM when her license was revoked? According to NARM, if I'm reading it right, if a delivery proctor is removed due to misconduct, any deliveries done with her would be invalid. Curious....

I don't know if Venessa was ever certified as a NARM proctor or if she was just a proctor through the State of Arkansas, but she isn't on the list of NARM revoked certifications (proctor or CPM) http://narm.org/accountability/revocation-of-certification/ And we know that she's still practicing outside of Arkansas. 

I consider my husband one of my best friends. He's typically the one I go to when I really need support or an opinion or to tell my troubles or successes to. He's just usually the first person I WANT I share those things with. However, he has never replaced the bond I have with my girlfriends. 

Speaking of my best girlfriend, she was homeschooled until high school, but I wouldn't say fundie. Sometimes friends would be reminiscing about pop culture or trends from the middle school years, and she'd definitely have missed some things (gym class games, popular music, etc.). But I never feel like she wasn't able to catch up at all or always be behind in  conversation. 

Still in our late twenties we may be out and a more obscure spice girls song will come on and she'll think it's new :pb_lol: but we all always laugh about it. 

Somebody please confiscate D-wreck's twitter.

It's gotten to the point where I open my Twitter app and think 'what fuckery has Derick posted today?'

So. Ignorant.

IMG_0351.PNG

FYI, most of the responses are trying to educate Derick about the reason for the protest and how asking if someone is 'a racist' (who even says that?) is the epitome of white privilege. Of course, Derelict won't asorb it because he's allergic to common sense and critical thinking.

Oh mylanta. 

Yes Dwreck you have rights, you are exercising those rights. People questioning you is not actually an infringement upon your rights. 

What concerns me the most is that he wants to go into ministry and seems to at least have his eyes on becoming a pastor. Funny thing is I know a lot of clergy (Mr. May has 5 pastors in his family with another cousin and wife planning on going into ministry.) 

But they are totally questioned. All the time. You will never make 100% of your congregants happy. EVER. If Dwreck plans on crying foul every single time his hateful, bigoted, nonsensical and close minded beliefs are questioned he is going to have a rough time in ministry. 

Just when you think he can't get any lower, he does it again. And again. And again.

Seriously, I wonder what Jill thinks of his Twitter wars. Does she agree or is she ashamed? Probably the first.

I feel sorry for Jill. Yes, she's annoying in a hundred different ways but imagine having to listen to him bray about his chosen outrage of the day and having to pretend that he's the most enlightened and Godly man around. I really hope that she actually believes it, at least then she can maybe stomach living with the creep. But if she's caught on to the fact she's married the human equivalent of a stock that should be shorted, then God help her. There isn't the prozac in the world to address that.

I could be wrong but my feeling is that Ben might actually disagree with Derek on the NFL protest issue. Or maybe he thinks that peaceful protest should occur in spaces other than during the anthem. But I think there's a chance he would believe that the issue they're protesting is at the very least valid.

It's obvious that everyone who thinks that the players should not take a knee also don't believe that there is any validity to what they are protesting. In other words, Derick believes that 'blue lives matter' and that 'black lives matter' is just a terrorist group. Most of the alt right also pass around false statistics that purport to show that black people are more violent than white people. I think Trump retweeted those stats at some point. So then they falsely claim that the reason there are more arrests and convictions of black people is because there are more black people committing crimes. They also conveniently ignore the fact that black people receive harsher sentences than white people for the same crime. It really is a perniciously racist point of view. Anyone claiming not to see race in this context is just a jerk.

That turned into a longer rant than I intended! But I think we can safely say that Derick is delving more deeply into alt right philosophy than anyone else in the Duggar Clan. Or at least is willing to publicly state so. Of course I'm not claiming that the rest of the Duggars are not deeply conservative. But I don't think they fit into Trump's base and I think that Derick does at this point.

8 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

FYI, most of the responses are trying to educate Derick about the reason for the protest and how asking if someone is 'a racist' (who even says that?) is the epitome of white privilege. Of course, Derelict won't asorb it because he's allergic to common sense and critical thinking.

Ohmigod. His comment actually made it difficult for me to breathe for a minute. 

His past tweets were ignorant and dumb as shit, but were about what I expected from an arrogant Fundie. But to ask someone if they're racist because they point out that you're really white and might have trouble understanding another experience because of it... To turn that around and act as if the other person is the instigator.

And while I'm ranting, something I just realized: He never was going to stay at Wal-Mart. This entitled, narcissistic fuckboy was never going to be satisfied with a regular day job. He had delusions of grandeur and finding a C-list reality TV celebrity was the best chance he had at what he wanted.

Jesus Christ, these two numb nuts deserve each other and deserve to make each other completely miserable until the end of their days. I can't wait until JimBob's money runs out and this dipshit actually has to do something with himself. 

I don't know how Derick thinks he's going to be successful in ministry. Especially in the framework of conservative American evangelical Christianity, the sort that Cro$$ Church espouses, you tend to have to be charismatic, engaging, and appealing, and Derick is none of those things. That in and of itself isn't a bad thing (frankly I think evangelical ministry often attracts narcissists and sociopaths), but reality is a harsh mistress. I honestly don't think he's going to be successful in this just because he's a bigot who married a Duggar.

And I'm not just saying this because I dislike him so much. I have no problem admitting that Ben and Jessa are probably the closest thing to pet fundies I have, and I can't stand the fact that Ben wants to go into ministry, just like the horde of other young fundie men. He's not cut out for ministry. He's not charismatic. He's a terrible speaker. I could see him doing youth ministry, maybe, but where's the money in that? How's he supposed to support a football team's worth of kids and a dependent wife on that kind of salary? I think Ben is pretty dedicated, willing to work hard, has some innate intelligence, and actually has a fair bit of natural curiosity and some critical thinking skills, but he's wasting his time trying to break into ministry. I don't know what else he should be doing - just... not that.

9 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

Somebody please confiscate D-wreck's twitter.

It's gotten to the point where I open my Twitter app and think 'what fuckery has Derick posted today?'

So. Ignorant.

IMG_0351.PNG

After my rant about Derick the other day, I just can't.....except to say:

Derick, ignorance of your own IMMENSE privilege will be your downfall.
Remember, God is watching............

So glad to hear that others aren't married to their "best friend"

Mr. Four is NOT my best friend.

Mr Four is also not my "soul mate".

I believe a bit of distance should be between spouses. Don't need to know every thing about them; don't need to do everything together with them.

I married mr. Four because I believed I could spend a lifetime with him. He's wearing a bit thin at the 31 year mark... as I'm sure I am, too.

My dog is my best friend. Clearly, my best friend is better than everyone else's. :pb_lol:

I think if you willingly marry into the Duggar family, there's something off about you. I have zero doubts that some of the things Derick is saying lately are likely things said around TTH. Some of them may not agree on everything (I'm thinking Ben here, who has at least shown a bit of critical thinking regarding race), but they likely agree in other areas. 

I think @Rachel333has said she's run in the same circles as the Duggars before. And I know there is another poster who got both wedding dates right (I'm sorry I forgot you're name!) Would either of you be able to or willing to chime in on whether Derick's behavior and words would be considered acceptable? You don't have to if you aren't comfortable of course. :) 

58 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Especially in the framework of conservative American evangelical Christianity, the sort that Cro$$ Church espouses, you tend to have to be charismatic, engaging, and appealing, and Derick is none of those things. That in and of itself isn't a bad thing (frankly I think evangelical ministry often attracts narcissists and sociopaths), but reality is a harsh mistress. I honestly don't think he's going to be successful in this just because he's a bigot who married a Duggar.

Right? I am not naive to just how equally dangerous Jeremy's beliefs are, but to me, there is a stark difference between him and Dwreck. I can legitimately see that Jeremy is much more charismatic, a good speaker, and has a likeability about him. Of course this can make him more dangerous, but at least I can realistically see the ministry thing working out for him. Derick is just such a naive, inarticulate dope.

Like most fundie culture warriors, D'wreck has confused civil religion with biblical christianity.  He's bought into the belief that the USA is different than other countries in our founding and destiny as a nation.  He espouses American exceptionalism as if we are the ancient chosen people of Israel.  He sees the country as the new Jerusalem, "a shining city upon a hill," that needs to be saved from secularism and returned to it's christian roots. 

There's nothing bible-based about this belief, nor is it historically accurate.   There are  no biblical promises and prophesies about the founding of the United States, even if the fundie culture warriors have misappropriated the ancient Hebrew troph of a chosen people and a nation founded in fulfillment of divine promise.   The historical truth is, our Constitution and laws are the product of the Enlightenment.

The irony of this nationalistic christianity is that it flies in the face of what Jesus said when pressed to answer whether he was a king, a national leader, and therefore a political challenge to Roman imperial power:  My kingdom is not of this world.  There are many ways to follow Jesus and interpretations of the gospel, but the nationalist christianity D'wreck espouses is one of the most inauthentic, idolatrous versions I know anything about. 

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

I think @Rachel333has said she's run in the same circles as the Duggars before. And I know there is another poster who got both wedding dates right (I'm sorry I forgot you're name!) Would either of you be able to or willing to chime in on whether Derick's behavior and words would be considered acceptable? You don't have to if you aren't comfortable of course. :) 

Oh, the things he has been saying have been mild compared to stuff I've heard people in that community say in person. There are a lot of people who are straight-up racist (not that they think so). For example, every time I went to broomball I would hear someone complain about Latino people (which they would just call "illegals") also being there. The Jones Center is in Springdale, which has a large Latino population, but it was upsetting to the white homeschoolers that Latinos would dare use the same community center they use. Homeschoolers in the area use the Jones Center extensively (that was where the homeschool group met for many years), but there was a lot of hand-wringing over whether it was really safe for their children when there were so many "illegals" who used the Jones Center as well. I feel like the bulk of the racism I noticed was aimed at Latinos (I really can't emphasize enough how horrible and blatantly racist people are towards Latinos in that area), but I also remember hearing things about how we should just "bomb all the towel heads" or people calling black teenagers "thugs." 

As far as other groups go, like Derick's obvious antagonism toward LGBT people, that is also completely acceptable in that community, and again, what Derick has said is really fairly mild in comparison to what others say.

I'm so sad that Derick didn't post that tweet two years ago - screencaps of his "are you a racist?!" would have been so convenient to have on hand during the Scary Central America And Its Precious Natives saga.

On 9/25/2017 at 1:09 PM, snickers34 said:

Oh come on now. :) How on earth did all the rest of us heathens possibly manage to find the time considering that many of us likely had way more responsibility, work, school, etc than Jill and her phony midwifery? We need to consider of course their sheltered upbringing and that they weren't allowed to leave TTH ever on their own - but didn't that actually give them MORE opportunity to make friends with the other fundies that Boob would arrange to come visit the house? 

Well, I suspect most of us make friends through school, work, and common interests... which the Duggars don't seem to believe in outside of a small group of fellow fundies. If she didn't click with anyone pre-approved, what chance did she have of finding someone else? Especially if everyone approved didn't hang out with her by choice, so she never got the chance to meet friends of friends, which is also, I suspect, a way a lot of us meet people.

More so if, as @VelociRapture said, she did get along with the individuals she did midwifery with, which suggests that she just might not get along with many people or needs some common ground beyond "You love Jesus, too?" in order to start a camaraderie. She may just be withdrawn or shy by nature, but it's hard to tell with the circumstances she grew up with. Just one more way her parents did her a disservice: what would she be like if she'd been allowed to go into an actual nursing program?

4 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I think if you willingly marry into the Duggar family, there's something off about you. 

I think that's especially true of people who came from more "worldly" backgrounds - and that includes Jeremy, despite his charms. Ben was a teenager from small town Arkansas who was raised in a pretty conservative home, so I will give him somewhat of a pass on this one. And Austin grew up in the Duggar circle. But Derick and especially Jeremy clearly had other options. 

I notice that they arent really fiimng the Dilluds In CA. It's all like home footage, and all of it thus far pre Sam. Maybe they will spin their firing ala chip and joanna gaines style. 

He's still going y'all. 

Here's a quote from MLK, Derelict:. "I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; ...who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom". 

@Jinder RolesI have to say, I am enjoying the replies a good deal. He could learn an awful lot if he wasn't so pugnacious and stubborn. 

Just a sample:

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived