IGNORED

Dillards 41: Chocolate, Cheese, and Other Things More Interesting

choralcrusader8613

@nastyhobbitses@VelociRapture, and as an added bonus, Trump's hissy fit over athletes taking a knee made MORE of them do it  (Some members of the Ravens and Jaguars today) and the Sewhawks and Titans stayed in the locker room during today's game.

So cry tangerine toddler, cry. Your tears give protesters strength.

1 minute ago, HarleyQuinn said:

The entire dillard family (Cathy included) are twats. 

I'd love to hear Ben and dWRECK debate this though.

That would be a great Counting On episode.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

The entire dillard family (Cathy included) are twats. 

I'd love to hear Ben and dWRECK debate this though.

Derick: Vaguely misinterprets Biblical passage

Ben: Um, eh, hm. Flame. Says something that sounds mildly passable as an argument.

Derick: 'Murica. Veterans. Oklahoma State. NFL boycott.

Ben: Is honestly trying, but the camera is way too close to his personal space and it's really distracting him from the debate.

Jeremy: Comes in uninvited, spouts some crap from one of his sermons, and then leaves again before anyone can disagree.

Austin: Sits quietly in the corner and plays with his Lincoln Logs.

Josh: Is awkwardly watching through a window because he wasn't invited. 

Boom. Nailed it. 

3 hours ago, snickers34 said:

Also, drift away from D-wreck back to Jill.....has anyone discussed or noticed the fact that she literally seems to have no friends outside of her family, who's kinda forced to be with her? I mean every single other girl on the show has at least had one other close friend shown somehow. 

It seems to me they all just share Sierra and that Tacos4Life girl as their 2 collective friends? 

Like who is Jinger friends with? Or are we just basing this on the bridesmaids they had/people they've gotten to be bridesmaids for, like Jinger and Nawon?

1 minute ago, Berty K said:

It seems to me they all just share Sierra and that Tacos4Life girl as their 2 collective friends? 

Like who is Jinger friends with? Or are we just basing this on the bridesmaids they had/people they've gotten to be bridesmaids for, like Jinger and Nawon?

Jessa and Joy both appear to be very close to at least Sierra and maybe also Taco, through either social media or on the show. Joy had Sierra in her wedding and did scenes on the show with her where they said they were best friends. Joy's also allegedly good friends with Kendra, before she courted Joe. Jessa's also claimed regularly to have other friends over for bible study. The fact that Jinger stood up in Nawon's wedding and had a few other girls we don't know in her wedding suggests a few close non-Duggar friends. Jana has Laura. Jill? I've seen nothing.

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Ben: Um, eh, hm. Flame. Says something that sounds mildly passable as an argument.

Ben: Is honestly trying, but the camera is way too close to his personal space and it's really distracting him from the debate.

Jeremy: Comes in uninvited, spouts some crap from one of his sermons, and then leaves again before anyone can disagree.

Boom. Nailed it. 

Yes you did!  I'm crying I'm laughing so hard. That's a fking touchdown with a 2 point conversion

2 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

@nastyhobbitses@VelociRapture, and as an added bonus, Trump's hissy fit over athletes taking a knee made MORE of them do it  (Some members of the Ravens and Jaguars today) and the Sewhawks and Titans stayed in the locker room during today's game.

So cry tangerine toddler, cry. Your tears give protesters strength.

That would be a great Counting On episode.

I was at the Titans game, most of the people around me didn't blame them. As a fan I'd rather see them stay in the locker room then have players individually singled out for taking a knee. 

It probably wasn't shown on TV but the Titans Defense tried to get the fans to watch a military tribute later in the game. I made a comment to the person behind me about how it was nice and the jerk beside me tried to start a fight with me; but I told him "I'm here for football not arguments." and moved over to a vacant seat. 

Derrick is so repulsive. None of his tweets really make sense, but from what I can gather, it seems like his pattern is to be a hateful, ignorant bigot online and then try to convince people that those previous tweets are Christian and Christ-like because he feels "persecuted" by the backlash he rightfully deserves. He has to be trolling at this point. What a trainwreck...

And, like a true Trumper, he clearly has cognitive dissonance over his hateful behavior, which is why he and his relatives have to fixate on communities they do not understand or truly care about as a distraction. As long as he can point fingers at everyone else to make himself feel superior, who cares?! LOL. He can shit on us all the while pretending he only does so out of LOVE!!1

Just so you know, Derick, I only talk shit about you on Free Jinger out of love and concern. ;) I'm sure you can feel that, just like I feel the love and concern you pretend to have for sinners like me on Twitter. 

That and his echo chamber likes his ignorance (hi Cathy) so it must be Christian and dissenters are just non-thinking liberal sheep (nevermind Derrick doesn't know the first thing about liberalism otherwise it'd be clear he's embarrassing himself and not 'reaching' anyone but his shitty relatives who also know nothing about liberalism beyond what they can glean for their confirmation bias)!!! If I were Jesus I'd be offended. 

I'm not surprised Jill doesn't seem to have a huge coterie of friends, at least based on the way her personality is portrayed on TV. She seems overly sensitive, anxious, and holier than thou. Not an amazing combination. 

4 minutes ago, lomo6 said:

I'm not surprised Jill doesn't seem to have a huge coterie of friends, at least based on the way her personality is portrayed on TV. She seems overly sensitive, anxious, and holier than thou. Not an amazing combination. 

It is probably also hard to make friends as an adult when you are bouncing between Central America and Arkansas. 

11 minutes ago, FeministFunPolice said:

It is probably also hard to make friends as an adult when you are bouncing between Central America and Arkansas. 

And Derick Dillard is her husband. That also does not really help. I am guessing that he is not very popular in fundie society either. 

Right now the NFL is the greatest distraction toy for these manchildren. Derick isn't spreading as much hate and Trump is picking a bone that doesn't have major foreign consequences :) Small favors?

I also totally hope Ben, Jeremy, Austin, Flame and the J-boys have a private fantasy football league with a group text that's going bonkers. I'd get the giggles seeing their team names. 

4 hours ago, cascarones said:

Trump is picking a bone that doesn't have major foreign consequences

I'm thinking of tweeting at LeBron James, Steph Curry, Colin Kaepernick, and Marshawn Lynch to tell them to do more things to piss Trump off, since that will keep his mind off of North Korea. Who'd have thunk that athletes would potentially save the world from World War III?

8 hours ago, Berty K said:

Jinger seems to be friends with Nawon, who also seems to be very close to the Forsyths, and I guess she and Jennifer Hartono hang out enough to make her a bridesmaid. Jessa I think seems to have the most outside friends - Sierra (who seems closer to Jessa than to Joy, which makes sense given their ages), Taco Lady (Kristen, but Taco Lady is funnier), Jennifer Hartono (who was one of her bridesmaids as well as Jinger's, but she's back in Indonesia now), and I think one of the Query girls (who I think is also friends with Jana). Joy is BFFs with Carlin, but who knows what will happen with that relationship now that she's ofAustin. Jana has Laura and one of the Query girls, and for a while I think she hung out with Priscilla through Journey to the Heart. I can't think of anyone Jill hangs out with outside of her family. Hook her up with Anna Maxwell; lord knows she needs a friend.

@nastyhobbitsesJana was apparently close with both Priscilla Walker and Michael (Bates) Keilen. She was a Bridesmaid for both of them. It remains to be seen whether they remain close or not now that two of them are married and one has three kids. 

I think people need to remember a few things about Jill. Not only was she bouncing between countries, but she also spent a few years studying Midwifery after she finished her GED. She never finished the requirements for Arkansas, but a big part of that was because of her mentor, Venessa, fucking up so badly - she lost her ability to practice in Arkansas, and her apprentices (Jill and Jana among them) seem to have lost what hours they had accrued towards being certified. 

But that studying took time. So did the births she attended. And I'm fairly certain she assisted with whatever prenatal care Venessa may have offered as well. Jana attended as her chaperone, but I believe she stated on camera that she wasn't really into the whole Midwife role - meaning that she may not have spent as much time studying. And as far as we know the other adult daughters had no interests like that - other than Jinger who enjoys photography. But even Jinger doesn't seem to have been allowed or been interested in pursuing more instruction. 

All of that to mean - her sisters likely had far more time and opportunity to make friends than Jill did. 

It's also important to keep in mind that we only see highly edited snippets of their lives. It's entirely possible Jill has friends and they haven't been featured on the show or social media - either because storylines or because privacy or any other number of reasons.

11 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Boom. Nailed it. 

:laughing-rollingred:I just spit out my coffee.

3 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I'm thinking of tweeting at LeBron James, Steph Curry, Colin Kaepernick, and Marshawn Lynch to tell them to do more things to piss Trump off, since that will keep his mind off of North Korea. Who'd have thunk that athletes would potentially save the world from World War III?

This. I was thinking the same thing.  Cheeto Boy needs the relatively harmless distraction of dissing pro athletes. They don't have nukes.

4 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

All of that to mean - her sisters likely had far more time and opportunity to make friends than Jill did. 

Oh come on now. :) How on earth did all the rest of us heathens possibly manage to find the time considering that many of us likely had way more responsibility, work, school, etc than Jill and her phony midwifery? We need to consider of course their sheltered upbringing and that they weren't allowed to leave TTH ever on their own - but didn't that actually give them MORE opportunity to make friends with the other fundies that Boob would arrange to come visit the house? And I completely get the whole 'we only see snippets' argument (I figured someone would bring it up eventually ;) ), but it's just that everyone else seems to have had other non-family/husband connections in some small way on social media, at least. In all my awesome, totally not lame duggar stalking, it's never been true for Jill.

Anywho, not sure why I care that much to keep coming back to it. In my trying to understand these weirdos, that realization came up. To me, it just re-enforces what we've all thought about her - the holier than thou, goody goody, dependent on her husband for every single emotional need now that they're married. I've seen other women in my life do that - not have any adult friends and be 100% attached to only their husbands. It usually hasn't ended well, and at the very least, they were emotional, insecure wrecks.

9 minutes ago, snickers34 said:

Anywho, not sure why I care that much to keep coming back to it. In my trying to understand these weirdos, that realization came up. To me, it just re-enforces what we've all thought about her - the holier than thou, goody goody, dependent on her husband for every single emotional need now that they're married. I've seen other women in my life do that - not have any adult friends and be 100% attached to only their husbands. It usually hasn't ended well, and at the very least, they were emotional, insecure wrecks.

She's the only one that hasn't been asked to be in someone else's wedding (at this point, and of the older 5)

16 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

......Boom. Nailed it. 

this made me laugh way too hard......

I haven't watched a ton of 19KC, just if it was on tv at the time, but wasn't Jill the most enthusiastic about being a sister mom? I wonder if her attachment to her buddy group was enough and maybe she didn't seek outside friendships, feeling fulfilled by her role in the family. She and Joy seem especially close!

From my understanding Jana and JD were very close growing up, as were Jessa and Jinger. Perhaps Jill had a bit of stuck in the middle syndrome, which could be the chicken or the egg of her trying to become a favorite of the parents and sister mom extreme. Then her courtship was long distance and began that way, so her free time was spent managing time zones to get to know Derick. We saw how much they teased Jinger and Jeremy attempting to get to know absolutely everything they could about each other via constant skype and texting, throw in a 10 hour and 45 time difference in the mix and your days get wonky. 

Add in the traveling and their limited internet access in CA, it's easy for friendships to suffer. Hopefully at the very least, she's making new close friends via their Cross Church "adventure", since it seems they moved. 

52 minutes ago, karen77 said:

She's the only one that hasn't been asked to be in someone else's wedding (at this point, and of the older 5)

Whose wedding was Jessa in? Or Joy? I don't remember either of them serving in a non-family member's wedding (though Joy will likely be in Carlin Bates' wedding when she marries Fundie Zoolander.) 

Jinger was in Nawon's wedding very recently. Jana was in Priscilla and Michael's weddings. Other than that, it's just been family weddings as far as I remember.

@snickers34 Please note, I was specifically comparing Jill to her sisters. Not the rest of us. There is a big difference there - her sisters had no outside interests that they either wanted to pursue or were allowed to pursue. As such, compared to her sisters, Jill would have had less time to spend hanging out or making friends.

And yes, her being so sheltered by her family likely did play a big role. Some people just don't click well together. It's possible that's what happened with Jill and the limited pool of people she was exposed to. Jill seems to have gotten along fine with the people she did Midwifery with - some of them threw her a Bridal Shower - and she's getting more involved with Cross Church now. At the very least she's being exposed to people outside the pool her parents provided as she grew up. Now that they're staying in Arkansas, she may have the opportunity to form some actual friendships.

And if not, so what? Maybe Jill is simply one of those people who doesn't need a big group of close friends to be happy. She may be perfectly content spending most of her time with family and occasionally spending time with people she knows through Church or Midwifery, etc. The only issue I have with that when it specifically concerns Jill is the fact that it'll limit her exposure to non-cult views. If she's as committed to the cult as some people believe, then she likely wouldn't be changing her mind regardless though.

(I think @cascaronesmade some pretty good points as well.)

7 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Whose wedding was Jessa in? Or Joy? I don't remember either of them serving in a non-family member's wedding (though Joy will likely be in Carlin Bates' wedding when she marries Fundie Zoolander.) 

I guess I spaced Jessa, but since she seems to hang with Taco Lady and Sierra, that sort of addresses the friend thing, and Joy was in Kendra's wedding and I think she would have regardless of who Kendra married.

33 minutes ago, bananabread said:

I guess Jill is embracing being a "minister's wife"...??

Oh Jill......keep dreaming the dream I guess......:my_confused:

14 minutes ago, karen77 said:

I guess I spaced Jessa, but since she seems to hang with Taco Lady and Sierra, that sort of addresses the friend thing, and Joy was in Kendra's wedding and I think she would have regardless of who Kendra married.

It's possible she would have. But Kendra did marry their brother and that makes it a family wedding. Kendra also chose to include all the elder Duggar daughters (including Jill) as well, not just Joy.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived