IGNORED

Lori Alexander 27: Deleting Bible Passages since 2017

Lori is asking 'Should women speakers and bloggers be held accountable?' Yes indeed, Aunt Lori.  Accountable for deliberately preventing a suicidal woman from getting help...for telling women they have no right to be treated like human beings...instructing women to stay with abusers...mandating lives of extreme poverty by forbidding women to even provide for and protect their own children...saying women have to follow commands that you don't even live by.

Times like this I wish I believed in a final judgment so people like Lori would get what's coming to them. 

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can bring some slow cooked BBQ brisket. . . and I also usually bring a big bowl of salad (with dried blueberries, roasted almonds, cucumer, red peppers, feta, and a lovely pomegranate balsamic vinagrette I found at a local market here)

One of my favorites is Methodist Punch. It consists of juice, Sprite, and sherbert. There is just something about little globs of sherbert floating around a punch bowl that makes me nostalgic. 

I hosted a Christmas party once where there were kid friendly and adult friendly (rum works amazing with this) versions, and we ran out of the adult friendly one. Yummy.

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

@PennySycamore  If you make banana pudding Mr Dress will love you forever.

If you don't like mayo / Miracle whip try Durkees's salad dressing or any British brand of salad cream (can be found in most Indian/ south Asian groceries).

Duke's ads are all over the tv in GA; I don't recall the Vivian Howard ones. (memo to self -- check YouTube)

Our baby sacrifice potluck is really looking tasty.  To be complete, we need a huge pan of meatloaf or pulled pork, maybe some corn pudding or macaroni n' cheese or spicy cheese grits.  And surely one of us wants to show off our pound cake.  

Our parish potlucks were/are for showing off your cooking.  Father XYZ always tends bar.  :my_shy:

Jambalaya it is! If'n y'all will let a recovering Catholic in... I could always say I'm just really really close to Mary these days... :my_biggrin:

Btw, thank you all for your kind words about Mr. EW & his concussion. We will get through. 

i have had had a lot of major life changes  (2 deaths, engagement, wedding, being out on my own for the first time in my life, moving halfway across the state to a podunk area where I'm a stranger to everyone except my inlaws, job loss or me, health stress for me, job stress for Mr EW, unsuccessful church hunting, coping with a faith shift change and working through my fundamentalist upbringing) in a two years time  and I think I'm just a bit overwhelmed right now. I have peace that better times will come in the future. It's just a bumpy ride right now. 

5 hours ago, EowynW said:

Jilly is legit. I remember reading background on her a few months ago. I think she was in the flylady group I used to be in. 

Jilly's definitely legit... I was on FL forum with her for several years before that was shut down and we all migrated to Facebook.

Waves to a fellow flyer @EowynW

1 hour ago, jerkit said:

I have never heard this phrase before and it's giving me the gags.

Admittedly, salad cream sounds like a gross name for something, but if you get the right brand it's amazing! 

I don't know if it's super popular outside of the UK (or even England, as I don't spend much time away from here) but think of a runnier-but-still-kinda-gloopy, way more tart, slightly sour mayonnaise. Okay, actually, that does sound kinda gross. So I guess more like a creamy vinegar that's not totally disgusting? idk how to describe it without it sounding just awful.

Heinz, obviously, is the best brand for it, because Heinz tends to be the best brand for just about all sauces (apart from mayo. Hellmann's has the best mayo... it's devilishly tasty), and it goes really great in or on a lot of dishes. 

My cat, when he was a tiny baby kitten, used to like to lick the salad cream out of my cheese, Branston pickle, and salad cream sandwiches , but then he also likes to eat half-rotted birds he catches so maybe he's not the best one to look towards for examples of good taste. 

ETA: I just remembered this is an Aunt Lori thread. So here's my obligatory Lori sucks and needs to actually shut up now and forever comment.

2 hours ago, AuntKrazy said:

I can bring some slow cooked BBQ brisket. . . and I also usually bring a big bowl of salad (with dried blueberries, roasted almonds, cucumer, red peppers, feta, and a lovely pomegranate balsamic vinagrette I found at a local market here)

You can just go ahead and bring that salad straight to my house, thankyouverymuch. 

I know we need some more meat entrees but, honestly, I have never had to take a meat dish. Our church always provided the meats for the monthly potlucks. Whoever was hosting that month would decide on two meats and purchase them with the church credit card. 

To make up for my lack of meat-bringin' experience, I will make a chocolate chip pound cake and, since Autumn is near, my yummy fresh apple cake. 

And broccoli rice casserole. If that is not on a potluck table in the Midwest, I think the blessing doesn't take. 

Please can someone provide a recipe for Jello with carrots? I've never heard of it before and it sounds like I'm really missing out!

I can bring onion bhajis, I recently learnt how to make them and I'm always looking for an excuse to whip up a batch. They're pretty unhealthy, but that's what sweatpants are made for right? We've always got smoothies on the go so put me down for them too.

Good God Lori, pink balloons are  bad but pink ties are totally ok.......Seriously, What is wrong with you? The fact that the fan girls can't see how hypocritical she is really concerns me. She doesn't even try to hide it yet they blindly follow. I know many turn a blind eye as the nasty fits their agenda, But I really worry about the seriously vulnerable women there who just don't have the ability to see just how twisted she is. 

@EowynW That's an incredible amount to go through in such a short period of time, I'm not surprised you are feeling overwhelmed. I think you are unbelievably strong and I'm sending some hugs your way. 

Someone calls it a squirrel and Lori corrects them saying it a chipmunk! Looks more like a squirrel to me.  Thoughts?

Nice to see Lori is finally finding some friends though. Surprised she didn't say "look at theses cute animals they have in WI" like she did about the flowers. You really get the sense she doesn't get out much in CA. Its like all this outdoors stuff is new to her. 

IF that really is a squirrel it will make it all the more funnier. 

CJurWMQUwAAeimJ.jpg

Anybody see any stripes on the face of Lori's "chipmunk" friend? NOPE. 

And we are suppose to learn from this older, "wiser" women? 

4 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

We always had it with Duke's mayonnaise on top.  The only mayo we use in the South. 

It's buy one, get one at Publix this week :pb_biggrin:

@AlwaysDiscerning Yes!  That's a squirrel!  I swear that woman is downright proud of her ignorance. 

Let's hope she doesn't kick her "new little friend".  She'd be in for a rude awakening.  A squirrel can be downright mean if you cross them.

That's a squirrel and she's a hateful idiot. Why did she even feel the need to crroect her reader?? She just has to have the last word. 

We have chipmunks all over the place here and while they CAN climb trees, they usually remain on the ground close to their burrowed tunnels. That's why a lot of people here call them ground squirrels. 

I think Lori needs to apologize to that reader. 

Someone else just replied:

it's actually a squirrel. We have them all over our neighborhood. Our Chipmunks here stay close to their ground tunnels and rarely climb.

Did anyone notice this comment?

Reader

some women who stay at home to raise children find themselves with no skills for work outside the home, if divorce hits them......can be scary. I even see more divorce happening with Christians........terrible.

Lori:

Where is God in your comment and you trust and hope in Him as our provider? From Matthew 6: 25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

This, from a woman is who on a 9 week and counting vacation.  

Ken has spoken at length about his desire to prepare for retirement (even going so far as to mention it in relation to how much Lori spends on vitamins).

Ken Alexander:

Hey, the vitamins were not just for her and her health. I spent a small country's GDP each year on Lori's health, and I hate the idea of Obama Care sorry and we are not in it. But the whole family had to take lots of vitamins, and eat all organic and I wanted to buy a bigger house some day and maybe even retire. Isn't that what many men are thinking? 

It sounds like Lori puts a LOT of thought into what she will eat, and Ken puts just as much thought into retirement and getting a bigger house.  I have also heard them encourage life insurance, which again, is taking thought to plan for the future.

I guess it's okay for Ken and Lori to plan for their future, but her readers should just throw caution to the wind, and live in poverty.  Then they can look at Instagram, and see all of the worthless crap Lori spoils herself with.  Great plan.

Waiting to see how she responds to the chipmunk vs squirrel comment.  

Maybe something like this:

My blog is a teaching blog, not a debating blog like many of them out there are today. 

My Instagram is a teaching Instagram, not a debating Instagram like many of them out there today.  God has commanded me, as a Godly Older Woman to teach the younger women.  That is a chipmunk.  Any comments to the contrary will be deleted.

Lori's a hypocrite. Always has, always will be. 

I think I need to go back to taking a break from Lori. I always work myself into such a bad mood when I think about her and there's not anything to console myself with when it comes to her. At least most of the other fundies have their dangerous branding that helps people forget, but i just can't find any good in Lori to cling to as a hope that maybe one day she'll see the light and realise how awful she's been. 

Also, @EowynW, I just wanted to say that you're doing a really great job, which I do mean in the most encouraging way a wall of text can be. All those stresses and you're still staying strong and remain a lovely person to - well, I want to say 'be around' but that's not entirely accurate - share this interest, forum, and thread space with. Your posts are always thoughtful and warm and you seem to be so very emotionally aware in a way that can't be said for the families and people we observe and snark on here. I know it's not really a tangible thing to hold on to, but I've been rooting for you for a long while now, and will continue to do so. I hope that Mr. EW feels better and that the both of you catch a break very soon, you deserve it. 

For some reason, that goofy woman not knowing the difference between squirrels and chipmunks is striking me as particularly funny. 

Eastern grey squirrels may not be native to California, but Western Grey Squirrels are.  Chipmunks are basically never found in trees as they are ground squirrels, as @usmcmom said.  There''s no way that Lori has never seen a squirrel before.

Lori flunks first grade science today.

2 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

IF that really is a squirrel it will make it all the more funnier. 

We have both squirrels and chipmunks in our yard.  That is 100% a squirrel.   Chipmunks are TINY compared to squirrels.  There is also the whole stripes thing, which that squirrel doesn't have (because it's a fucking squirrel).

Seriously, how did this woman get to adult age as a teacher and not be able to identify a squirrel.  Jesus wept.

@EowynW  {Hugs} {Mucho hugs} and seconding everything Escadora said.

As requested by @Gemini

Carrot and Orange Congealed Salad

1 large or 2 small boxes orange jello -- do not use the sugar free kind -- the salad won't taste right
1 large can pineapple chunks
1 large can mandarin oranges
1-2 cups shredded carrots  -- depending on how carrot-y you want the salad

Drain the fruit and retain the juice

Make Jello according to package directions, using the juice in place of cold water. There may not be enough juice so add as much water as necessary

Let Jello chill about 1.5 - 2 hours until it is semi-set, wiggly but not firm

Remove from fridge, stir in the well drained fruit and carrots until equally distributed in the Jello. Make sure not to break up the fruit.

Return to fridge and chill until completely set

Eat and enjoy! Equally good with or without small dollop of (Duke's) mayo.  For a special occasion, use a fancy mold, unmold it and show off.

Everyone I have ever served this to loves it. 

Ken's comment on FB (re: the women bloggers post): 

"Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we will incur a stricter judgment." (James 3:1)

Lori should be afraid.

A little off topic; but this just popped up on my Facebook page. It made me think of the time Ken said he was surprised the women at work don't flirt with him. 

IMG_8203.JPG

I am going to have flashback food nightmares with all of this church potluck food.  I grew-up in Iowa in the 60s.  We usually had a salad jello and a dessert jello at important meals.  I think jello might be the state food right next to corn.  The green jello goes with pears and cottage cheese ALWAYS.  The shredded carrots must be in the orange jello.  If you want to be super fancy you may put miniature marshmallows on top of your jello.  One also may whip their jello with whipped cream to create what we called "air" in my family to irritate my mother.  Jello was about ten cents a box then and I suppose she thought it added another dish to the meal.  I guess the "air" would make a suitable amuse bouche in a pinch.  There must be a Jello Bible somewhere available for consultation.  Personally, I have not touched any jello in decades.

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

A little off topic; but this just popped up on my Facebook page. It made me think of the time Ken said he was surprised the women at work don't flirt with him. 

IMG_8203.JPG

He said that?!  He just really thinks no woman can contain herself around him?  Seriously?  He ain't nothing special.  Lori need not worry there.  He may be disrespectful to his wife and stare at a woman but no one is trying to get with Ken.  He's been trained to climax in 5 , 10 mins tops to boot!  Probably would happen in 2 mins with some strange.

:puke-huge:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived