IGNORED

Lori Alexander 27: Deleting Bible Passages since 2017

14 hours ago, polecat said:

I joke that my house is "early 90s dorm room,

Pretty much the entirety of our decorating is movie posters from movies Sarah Michelle Gellar is in, Buffy the Vampire Slayer posters (which Sarah Michelle Geller was in) and professionally painted portraits of our animals who have gone to the rainbow bridge.

I give zero fucks whether anyone thinks it's good enough or not.  WE like it and that is all that matters.

Here is one of the pet portraits we have:

zachpainting.jpg

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Maybe we should start a quiver full of home decor so we can share tips and ask questions?!? 

We got you covered already :)   http://www.freejinger.org/forum/471-quiverfull-of-home-renovation-design-diy-decorating/#

11 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Lori declares herself to be clothed in righteousness, please excuse me while I go barf. Proud much? Smug bitch.

And how the hell does she know who here is happy or not? She doesn't even have the premise of FJ correct and would die if she knew how many here are Christians. 

Lori treats the Bible like a buffet - she picks want she wants and ignores the rest.

FJ is the dessert area, and she won't come here because weight control.

According to Aunt Lori, women shouldn't mow the lawn.

Can someone point me to where the Bible says that?

Sigh. 

I am really into decorating, but I have a good friend (who recently moved away), and she isn't into it at all.  She couldn't care any less than she already does.  She is also an amazing hostess, and you always feel comfortable and welcome in her home.  She tosses out food, and people sit around and eat on the sofa.  It's never anything fancy, either.  I've literally had pizza rolls and store bought cookies there, and still had a blast!  She's awesome.  She always made a point to have my favorite soda on hand when I came by.

I don't care how well decorated Lori's house is (it looks like crap, imo), I guarantee you NO ONE feels welcome there.  And those kitchen counters?  I bet they are absolutely teaming with bacteria.  And her floors that "never need to be vacuumed"?  Yeah, no thanks.  That house probably smells to the high heavens.

6 minutes ago, BlackSheep said:

According to Aunt Lori, women shouldn't mow the lawn.

Can someone point me to where the Bible says that?

Sigh. 

Nope, but I can point you to Ken:

Lori took care of the kids, the home, the cars, the lawn, the garden

Of course Lori doesn't actually lead the life she "prescribes" for others, so....

13 hours ago, Exposed Collarbone said:

If "all things are possible" then why isn't it possible for women to work? Oh right, Lori said so. I've said this before, so I apologize for repeating myself, but why would anyone want to be like her? Who in the world looks at her and says, "Wow. This is what I want to be. Miserable and bitter and judgmental and just plain ugly." (That is not a comment on her looks, but rather who she is as a person.)

I suspect people that are already much like she is.  Judgmental bitches with superiority complexes.

I suspect Lori identifies a lot more with Regina George than Katie

13 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Get a load of this.....Screenshot_2017-08-24-19-16-16.thumb.png.7099d988b649112b6bf79d8c4c86459c.png

Guessing that the poster was Muslim, I just went to look at gender roles in Islam for specific examples of the same things Lori teaches but got side tracked when I found this, which I didn't know and find quite interesting.

Both the Qur'an – Islam's sacred text – and the spoken or acted example of the Prophet Muḥammad (Sunnah) advocate the rights of women and men equally to seek knowledge. The Qur'an commands all Muslims to exert effort in the pursuit of knowledge, irrespective of their biological sex: it constantly encourages Muslims to read, think, contemplate and learn from the signs of God in nature. Moreover, Muḥammad encouraged education for both males and females: he declared that seeking knowledge was a religious duty binding upon every Muslim man and woman. Like her male counterpart, each woman is under a moral and religious obligation to seek knowledge, develop her intellect, broaden her outlook, cultivate her talents and then utilize her potential to the benefit of her soul and her society.

Lori:

One day, we walked by and the garage door was left open so while Ken went to close it, I peered into the windows. There was no carpet on the cement floor in the living room and it was dirty and ugly

Can you imagine the nerve of these two?  They are guests in Door County, and they are walking around taking pictures of church services and people's homes.  Now she tells us they were looking in windows?!?!  My God...

I have a cousin whose parents owned a very old, small trailer. (Yes, this is what they called it.) Once her parents died, she took it over and clean and decluttered that place to make it look great! I even peeked into the drawers once and they were all neat and organized.

Lori is crazy.  Not long back she was talking about looking in her neighbor's closet, and now we find out she is "peeking" in her cousins dresser drawers!  What is wrong with her??

I visited a friend years ago and she had two teenage daughters. I had to use the restroom and there were globs of toothpaste still in the sink and stuff strewn all over the counters. The mirror was splattered and the toilet was dirty. No, this should not be. 

You weren't her friend Lori.  You were merely a gossip roaming from house to house, and now you are saying things you ought not.  A friend doesn't gossip about her friends online.\

1 Timothy 5:13

Besides, they get into the habit of being idle and going about from house to house. And not only do they become idlers, but also busybodies who talk nonsense, saying things they ought not to.

4 minutes ago, Koala said:

I have a cousin whose parents owned a very old, small trailer. (Yes, this is what they called it.)

What the eff does this mean?

Holy run-on sentence and wrong verb tenses Batman!

Comment from the "women should do all the housework -- and cheerfully dammit" doodle.  I really hope this is fumble fingered typing and not SOTDRT (bolding mine)

...time mine was old enough to pick up after their self they got 3 warming to do it after the 3 warning if it was not done then they knew i war going to do it but anything found on the floor know matter what it was would go in the trash and not be replace and if dirty clothes that was not brought to the laundry was not warsh so with these rules i had no problem with them helping

Lori Alexander 28:  Rewriting Bible passages since 2017.  Honestly, this bitch's thread titles just write themselves. 

I am happy to say that I have never known anyone with the nerve of Lying Lazy Lori Alexander. Or, at least I have never known anyone who admits, on the interwebz, to being as nervy and nosy as she is. And then to be publicly judgmental about things she should be embarrassed to admit she did...there is no limit to the depths to which this woman will sink. 

13 minutes ago, Koala said:

One day, we walked by and the garage door was left open so while Ken went to close it, I peered into the windows. There was no carpet on the cement floor in the living room and it was dirty and ugly

omg, the unmitigated gall! Who do these two think they are, anyway? Who just peers into people's windows? Who walks around the neighborhood and peeks into people's windows? Busybodies and creepers, that's who. She's lucky no one was home to catch her doing it. I'd have called the police on her peeping Thomasina self.

Lori deleted my comment on insty. I was telling another commentor, who said her husband rages at her every night, to seek help if her husband was harming her or if she felt unsafe in any way. 

4 minutes ago, HoneyBunny said:

Lori Alexander 28:  Rewriting Bible passages since 2017.  Honestly, this bitch's thread titles just write themselves. 

I am happy to say that I have never known anyone with the nerve of Lying Lazy Lori Alexander. Or, at least I have never known anyone who admits, on the interwebz, to being as nervy and nosy as she is. And then to be publicly judgmental about things she should be embarrassed to admit she did...there is no limit to the depths to which this woman will sink. 

Someone ought to get her on film and post it to a well-known, reputable ladie's ministry leader.  Wouldn't it be fun to see Lori being used as the illustration of how not to behave?  My mom would say "she should be ashamed of herself!"  One day she's going to fall really hard on her face. 

Actually, I think we could take the snippets @Koala just posted and use them in a teaching post.... methinks Lori's behavior was the problem in Philippi or Ephesus, wherever Titus was pastoring, not widows getting jobs to provide for themselves and their children. 

10 minutes ago, jerkit said:

Dude, I walk around in my underwear a LOT. If she peered into MY windows, she'd likely get an eyeful of my ass.

That would inspire one heck of a blog post! 

3 minutes ago, Emilycharlotte said:

That would inspire one heck of a blog post! 

“Women should be modest, even in their own homes. Recently, I traveled across the country because I suspected a detractor was exposing half her behind while she pulled tater tots out of her oven. I peered in the windows, in between the slats of the blinds, and saw her behind! I couldn’t believe it. Not only was she not providing nourishing food for her family, but she was exposing herself while doing it. I suspect she also works. Women, this should not be!”

Lori is probably looking into the medicine cabinets of everyone she knows. Taking a quick pic of any prescriptions and OTC meds and googling all of them at home.  She can then gossip on the interwebz and in person about who has high blood pressure, prostate trouble, high cholesterol, etc.  or is using BC. 

This maybe be out there, but i wouldn't put it past Lori to sabotage someone else's diaphragm or condoms. Because Lori believes everyone else should have all the bay-bees. I seriously believe she is that nuts.

If LoriKen's daughters/sons/SILs/ DILs ever read here -- Be assured people, your mother/MIL is poking around in your medicine cabinet and dresser drawers.  If there is anything you don't want her to see -- Hide. It.

Adding -- I may be paranoid, but I've seen women with grandbaby rabies do strange things.  If any Fj-ers have parents who are pushing hard and relentlessly all the time for grandchildren -- Hide your BC.

A friend of my mother's flushed her DIL's BC pills thinking that would get her pregnant -- because after all they had been married 4  whole months.  Didn't work, DIL refilled the prescription. My mother's friend was non-Catholic, non-fundie, but had a bad case of grandbaby rabies .

2 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Adding -- I may be paranoid, but I've seen women with grandbaby rabies do strange things.  If any Fj-ers have parents who are pushing hard and relentlessly all the time for grandchildren -- Hide your BC.

Yeeeeeep. I've been ambushed recently by my ILs about how I don't want to have children. Thank God I have an IUD and to interfere with that would take a LOT of effort. 

I'm so bad. I should be finishing my cleaning for company this week but instead I'm binge watching drop dead diva and eating fruit and yoghurt. I sort of have an excuse though, today my Memaw moves out of her home of 50 years. The one she and Papa built. The one I was in and out in as much as I was my folks home my entire life. Papa died two years ago. I was one of his caretakers and I took care of him right until the moment the funeral home put him in the pickup van He's buried in he cemetery next to the house. She randomly decided to sell and move to live closer to some family members. I totally understand and I want her to be happy. But she didn't give anyone a heads up until after it was sold and she had started packing. And I didn't get to go back to say goodbye to "Memaw & Papa's house" as it was or spend one more weekend just hanging with her, snacking on weight watchers snacks and laughing over those crazy court shows on tv. I'm not even there to help her move. I now it's a natural part of life but it's another thing on top of many life changes here lately. So I am giving myself a lazy morning. 

@Red Hair, Black Dress over the weekend at a family get together, my FIL loudly announced that everyone should be praying that we finally learn how to do what needs to be done in order to have children. I was so mortified. 

7 minutes ago, jerkit said:

“Women should be modest, even in their own homes. Recently, I traveled across the country because I suspected a detractor was exposing half her behind while she pulled tater tots out of her oven. I peered in the windows, in between the slats of the blinds, and saw her behind! I couldn’t believe it. Not only was she not providing nourishing food for her family, but she was exposing herself while doing it. I suspect she also works. Women, this should not be!”

How precious! :) Growing up in my region of Germany, public nudity was fairly common. I was always very welcome to look the other way, but being a teen, I didn't. After seeing so many gentlemen in the buff- as a teen-, who could be your grandfather, or so many women who could be your grandmother, my body image improved. Unsurprisingly, not everyone is a bronzed demi-god or goddess, defrauding all and one. And that's a good thing.

15 minutes ago, jerkit said:

I really could see this woman doing this. 

How she doesn't have shame for her behavior is beyond me. I'd be mortified to admit I was peeking into people's windows, but she not only admits she's doing it but tries to shame the people who live there. This is a woman who smears chicken blood on every surface of her home and buys dark carpet so she doesn't have to vacuum. A woman who kicks her pets and beats her children. A woman who browbeats her husband over anything and everything (including his love of Cheez Whiz, of all things!). A woman who eats slimy salad and serves salmonella dressing. Who has literally no hobby beyond sitting on her devices all day so that she can monitor her social media accounts for dissenting opinions.

But she shames OTHER people because of their choices in the privacy of their homes through which their windows SHE IS PEEPING.

Lori -- where is your self-respect? You are a disgrace and an abomination.

Dave is back with this gem on the post about women bloggers being held accountable (or Lori's dig at a fellow blogger).

‘The fall’ begins [again and again] when a women steps into the authority of a man. The authority of men includes teaching the scriptures and ‘go ye into all the world.’ That is not for women. As Titus 2 highlights, women [mature at that] are to only teach other women about being obedient to their husband and keepers at home [including Prov 31]. To think that they are to teach the word to others, men or women, is not found in the scriptures, with the exception of teaching her own children, and that under the direction of her husband.

The idea that women become missionaries and can teach and have authority over God’s word has firm roots in the beginning of the modern feminist movement starting in roughly 1660 and was wildly out of control by the late 1800s.

Before a woman can teach like a man, she has to effectively leave her man [or men] and reject his [their] authority, and leave her ‘keeper at home’ position. The power coming from the authority to teach scripture is most certainly limited in her to that topic in Titus, for she is ‘weaker’, more easily deceived [1 Tim 2:14] on the balance of scripture.

Feminism started in women who claimed to have a heart for God. But …”Many will say Lord, Lord.” Many will. Accept His word, His plan, His patriarchy …..or don’t. But you will someday be called on to acknowledge the position you held.

On a different note, I think KAK may be the next one to be banned from Lori's blog. She's "teaching" the men a thing or two about the reality of life and dared to confront "Jeff" in his assumption that mothers are to blame for child poverty. 

24 minutes ago, EowynW said:

over the weekend at a family get together, my FIL loudly announced that everyone should be praying that we finally learn how to do what needs to be done in order to have children. I was so mortified. 

Exactly -- prime example of grandbaby rabies.  Hide the BC.  :my_shy:

OMG -- I would almost have literally died of embarrassment.  Mr. EW must have hated that.

{Hugs}  @EowynW Stay strong in knowing you and Mr EW are doing what is right for you two and your marriage.  

I'm not a confrontational person most of the time -- but piece of advice from a woman married much longer than you.  There comes a point when you have to tell people -- usually relatives -- to "Shut up, and back off.  My personal life is none of your business.  I never want to hear another comment like that from you.  Ever,"

If that doesn't work then just absent yourself from them. Don't see them. Don't let them be in your life until they learn better.  This is hard (personal experience here) but in the end your peace of mind is worth far more than their hurt feelings.  They will reap what they sow.

1 hour ago, polecat said:
  1 hour ago, Koala said:

Why are they going around closing random strangers garage doors?  Maybe those people wanted the garage door open for some reason.

When I was a kid, the garage door was almost always open during the day because no one was supposed to walk on the lawn to get to the front door.   All my friends and my parent's friends knew to come to the (inside garage door).   That was pretty much how everyone in our neighborhood was.  All of us kids knew to go to the inside garage door of our friend's houses.

If my parents were both home and the car was in the garage sometimes it would be closed and then people used the regular sized garage door to get to the inside garage door.  

We played in our garage in the summer because it was often cooler with the cement floor and if we opened the back person-sized door we could get a little breeze going.

Unless it was a neighbor or someone I knew personally and I knew they didn't usually leave the garage door open, I might go over and close it, but I don't know whether strangers have left their garage door open or not.

These two are just merrily going around trespassing.  Who acts like this?

1 hour ago, jerkit said:

What the eff does this mean?

This is just a WAG on my part, but I think Lori is referencing the "trailer trash" stereotype.(I grew up one until I was 12, and even today I wouldn't mind living in a well-maintained, older mobile home that was modified for my needs--i.e., an entrance ramp and a walk-in shower).

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived