IGNORED

Lori Alexander 27: Deleting Bible Passages since 2017

4 minutes ago, Koala said:

I guess she thinks that she's just going to kick back with a Big Nutritious Salad and watch the Lord judge everyone else.

Now that's an interesting visual of Judgement Day.  Lori sitting on the sidelines watching it all, enjoying every minute of it, feeling smug that she's not one of those ebil ones being judged.  

22 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

She has said something along the lines before of being saved once so future sins don't matter. So, yes this gives her the license to be a bitch.

I am going to say it.  She's one of those (my personal term) meaning people who think that they can do anything because they are saved, Jesus forgives all and are shocked, shocked that they should experience any sort of consequence including criticism.   I absolutely cannot stand those people, whether they are crazy or not, though Lori is one of the former IMO.

Back to regular scheduled programming pointing out the crazy that is Lori.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 hour ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

If all things are possible with God then its possible to be a good homekeeper and work outside the home!!! 

I am sick and tired of her 'all things are possible with God' crap. My ex never held down a job long enough to support our family. He had some physical issues, but the bigger problems were character-related. He would get a job, things would go great for a while, then he would start to notice problems, and before long it wasn't 'God's will' for him to be in that job, so he would quit. Then, and only then, would he start searching for a new source of income, sometimes not even at that point, and he remained unemployed while he prayed, trying to find the aforementioned will of God. I started working because I cared enough about the kids to keep them from being homeless.  If I hadn't, there wouldn't have been a question of being a keeper at home, because there wouldn't have been a home to keep! 

4 hours ago, EowynW said:

"Gill’s Exposition: “a woman may go to her father’s house to visit him, and to the house of mourning, and to the house of feasting, to return a kindness to her friends, or to her near relations–but it is a reproach to a woman to go out daily; now she is without, now she is in the streets; and a husband ought to restrain his wife from it, and not suffer her to go abroad but about once a month, or twice a month, upon necessity; for there is nothing more beautiful for a woman, than to abide in the corner of her house; for so it is written, (Psalm 45:13) ‘the king’s daughter is all glorious within’.”

i can't believe she is taking these old white men's words as a god given law. 

Wasn't she all up in arms about women carrying "Jesus Calling " with them to church and Bible study and treating it as a second Bible?  Isn't Lori doing the exact same thing with her "commentaries of old"?   

There is this one woman that keeps commenting on Lori's posts about how she "works from home" and she wants to PM other commenters about it. Guess what? She's a pyramid scheming LIAR who shills essential oils. FUCK YOU LADY.

3 hours ago, jerkit said:

So much consternation over housework. Clean the house once a week. No big deal. No handwringing necessary.

Exactly, and if children are at school and parents are working the house shouldn't be that dirty anyway. There are 4 of us in our house. We all pitch in to keep the house clean.  My biggest tip: Take the last 15 min or so before going to bed and have everyone straighten up a room.  If you have teens, you can also say no phone in the evening until their room is picked up.

1 hour ago, Koala said:

I guess that's why she's so comfortable treating people like absolute garbage.  She's got a free Jesus pass and everything...

And that behavior brings shame to the Gospel.  That and her meddling in people's lives, gossipping, refusing to be held accountable for her words, her unteachability, etc...  

A mother going out to work to provide for her family, like Ruth did in the Bible, is not bringing shame to the Gospel.  

20 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

. I started working because I cared enough about the kids to keep them from being homeless.  If I hadn't, there wouldn't have been a question of being a keeper at home, because there wouldn't have been a home to keep! 

The ultimate answer to Lori's crap!

So she thinks that it is better to have no home, because of a damaged/lazy/addicted partner, than for a mother,by working outside the home, to ensure her children have a roof over their heads and food in their bellies?

I think ( and hope and pray) that if there is a judgment day, Lori will have a very painful awakening. The very last thing that she is , is a good christian.

She is an arrogant, uninformed, judgmental, ill-educated, lying, gossiping bully. And personifies the opposite of christ's teachings.

Whew. I needed to get that out.

If "all things are possible with God", why is she always using "I am/was soooo sick" as an excuse?  Just do it- with God, all things are possible!  You don't need a maid or nanny Lori!  He's working "mightily" in you!  He commands aren't burdensome.  Blessings!!

I'm going to bring popcorn to Judgement Day when those like Lori, Ken , the Tool, Cabinetma , et al. are going through the line. At least I freely admit that I'm a bad Christian and know what I have coming to me. The looks on their faces will be priceless.

Lori just makes me think of the wonderful Phoebe Buffay and this song:

IMG_0022.JPG

I posted a comment with a real life example about how my mom went back to school and starting her own business saved my folks after my dad had two very bad accidents, but that bitch didn't let it through. 

Look at Lori's snotty assumption making reply and Bre's good response. Lori just loves to make an argument out of everything. bre.PNG.de81af9f0c7d55d663b3abad4a26f981.PNG

UPDATE: She just deleted this entire thread and there was more to it too. All nice women discussing how they clean the house but Bre defended herself and can't have that. The poor woman, she has 6 kids and special needs kids, but yeah let's just delete her. 

Just now, Koala said:

If "all things are possible with God", why is she always using "I am/was soooo sick" as an excuse?  Just do it- with God, all things are possible!  You don't need a maid or nanny Lori!  He's working "mightily" in you!  He commands aren't burdensome.  Blessings!!

This what pisses me off about Lori's using that quote. Shouldn't she have powered through her illnesses years ago to clean her home and hold her crying daughter?

There are stories of women with physical disabilities who take care of their kids and homes without outside help or sometimes with some outside help. For example, there is a youtube vlogger named Meg Johnson ,who is a low level quadriplegic. She and her husband have a daughter. Meg has done videos where she shows how she cleans the house from a wheelchair and how she cared for daughter's needs when she was an infant. Meg is a Mormon and she did admit on her blog that young women from her ward did go over and help with her daughter when she was an infant. Lori is different though she tries to cover up the fact that she had a nanny and housekeeper. Also, I have to wonder if Lori  was as sick as she claimed to be when her kids were growing up. She has blogged about being too sick to have fun, but several months back she blogged about she would take her sons to the beach so they could surf after homeschooling lessons. 

We know she flip flops on various subjects. I have to wonder if the housekeeper/nanny was done because Lori just didn't want to clean her house or take care of her kids completely on her own and maybe she wasn't really in bad physical shape years ago. I really wish I could post a comment asking Lori why she had a nanny/housekeeper if  "All things are possible with God".  I also wish I could send Lori videos of Meg Johnson taking care of her home from a wheelchair and ask why Lori who can still walk didn't clean her own home. Now,  I totally get that there are people who are able to walk still have to deal with disabilities and illnesses which make it difficult to clean the house. But, with Lori I think she is bullshitting on some things.

I also get that some able bodied people don't like cleaning and do have a house cleaners come in. Lori pisses me off because she keeps drilling how women need to be at home cleaning/taking care of the house and kids and being a full-time mom. Lori wasn't like that. She had a women cleaning her house and taking care of her crying daughter.  If I was Lori's nanny/housekeeper I would taken that bitch to task online.

As I've mentioned before, my grandmother was a polio survivor(she contracted it while pregnant  with my mom)who raised two children as a single parent(with help from her own mother), while working as an insurance agent(first at an office up the street, and later from her home).

I can handle cleaning but I'd totally pay someone to decorate my house. Last night I burst into tears because I just can't "creatively see" where to hang up pictures and my mother is coming this weekend and she's going to see my god awful lack of womanly homemaker decorating skills. (She visited my sister last week and my sis has this whole stupid homemaker thing nailed down like a pro)  I am such a girl failure lol. Mr EW had to hug me and tell me my lack of decorating skills doesn't make me less than. 

I think that's the main reason I've had to stop reading Lori's blog. She's constantly reminding me of all the ways I'm failing as a wife and woman. I'm having enough trouble ignoring the voices in my head from my own raising as it is and I can't let her bring me down. 

@EowynW - if I could, I'd come help you decorate. BUT...what the hell does decorating ability have to do with being a homemaker/wife/mother/whatever? The mother says anything, tell her firmly that this is YOUR house and is to YOUR and YOUR HUSBAND'S tastes, and if she doesn't like it, she's welcome to use the door. You are NOT failing as a woman/wife. Let's see, Mr. EW loves you beyond the moon...check! You're obviously a woman, right? Check! What makes the two of you happy is all that matters. Sending you BIG hugs and love from here!

True story...my mother the bitch said she was "surprised" that my home was so "tastefully decorated" since she KNEW I had no taste. Fuck her and the horse she rode in on and if she had any friends, them too. 

3 hours ago, sawasdee said:

So she thinks that it is better to have no home, because of a damaged/lazy/addicted partner, than for a mother,by working outside the home, to ensure her children have a roof over their heads and food in their bellies?

That, or she thinks God would never let that happen if a wife is submissive enough, so if it somehow does happen it's her fault. 

Well, for Aunt Lori's information I tried leaving finances in God's and my ex's hands, both of them had plenty of opportunity to fix the problem, and neither did. My ex has some explanation for his failure (goes back to the way he was raised, etc...doesn't mean it was OK to just go on as he was, but I can at least see where his problems originated), what's God's excuse?  

55 minutes ago, EowynW said:

I can handle cleaning but I'd totally pay someone to decorate my house. Last night I burst into tears because I just can't "creatively see" where to hang up pictures and my mother is coming this weekend and she's going to see my god awful lack of womanly homemaker decorating skills. (She visited my sister last week and my sis has this whole stupid homemaker thing nailed down like a pro)  I am such a girl failure lol. Mr EW had to hug me and tell me my lack of decorating skills doesn't make me less than. 

I think that's the main reason I've had to stop reading Lori's blog. She's constantly reminding me of all the ways I'm failing as a wife and woman. I'm having enough trouble ignoring the voices in my head from my own raising as it is and I can't let her bring me down. 

Aw, you're not a girl failure. I'm no good at the decorating thing, either. I joke that my house is "early 90s dorm room," but I'm really only half joking. I have some nice pieces ... but they're literally hand-me-downs, antiques that were bequeathed to me. Most everything else is just hodgepodged together from here and there. I see things I like, but I never know how to put them together for a cohesive style. And, at the end of the day, I really don't care all that much. I have places for people to sit, I have food for people to eat, and there is plenty of love and laughter. The last one might be the most important.

You're doing it right @EowynW. You don't have to fit into anyone else's vision of womanhood. Just do you.

21 hours ago, Curious said:

We have both squirrels and chipmunks in our yard.  That is 100% a squirrel.   Chipmunks are TINY compared to squirrels.  There is also the whole stripes thing, which that squirrel doesn't have (because it's a fucking squirrel).

Seriously, how did this woman get to adult age as a teacher and not be able to identify a squirrel.  Jesus wept.

I used to think chipmunks were baby squirrels--until I was about three.  I also thought Walter Cronkite on the news was my daddy and I used to kiss the screen. Three-year-old me was smarter than the Godly Mentor.

@EowynW and @polecat, I don't have the decorating gene, either. I think I'm doing well if the colors don't clash and the dust bunnies are minimal. (Organizing things gives me the willies, but I try!) 

@EowynWI am sorry you feel such anxiety over your mother's visit. I am fifty years old and I still have panic attacks when my mother is on her way. I so wish I could be there to be your buffer. 

You know what I think? I think no matter how you decorated, your mom probably would not approve, at least from what you've written about her. So, be kind to yourself and forget about the pictures for now. Just focus on surviving the visit mentally and emotionally. 

When you're ready, I so wish I could help you decorate. I love that stuff. I love bringing stuff home from the Dollar Tree and making a new look in some little corner. Maybe we should start a quiver full of home decor so we can share tips and ask questions?!? 

Anyway, hugs to you for this upcoming visit. I will be thinking of you. Also, there's no way you're a "girl failure."  And Lori can suck on her rare lemon tree for her nasty views. 

@EowynW The idea that women must decorate and craft and have long hair and bake and cook to be womanly enough is fundie nonsense. 

When I was a young single teacher in Christian school living on next to nothing and working 70 hours a week or so, it was all thrown at me non-stop. Because I didn't go home and cook gourmet meals for myself in a carefully decorated house then bake fresh cookies and make Christmas gifts by hand all between work, play practice and endless paper grading, I was told no man would ever marry me and I would never really be a good Christian woman acceptable to God. 

But it is bullshit. Those are external things. They don't mean anything about who you actually are. You could decorate the house perfectly (or hire someone to do it) and be a judgmental bitch from hell like Lori Alexander. Or you could be the kind, caring person you seem to be and have a house that isn't perfect. 

The second one is better. Way better. No question about that.  

If "all things are possible" then why isn't it possible for women to work? Oh right, Lori said so. I've said this before, so I apologize for repeating myself, but why would anyone want to be like her? Who in the world looks at her and says, "Wow. This is what I want to be. Miserable and bitter and judgmental and just plain ugly." (That is not a comment on her looks, but rather who she is as a person.)

21 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

When you're ready, I wish I could help you decorate. I love that stuff. I love bringing stuff home from the Dollar Tree and making a new look in some little corner. Maybe we should start a quiver full of home decor so we can share tips and ask questions?!? 

We should! I'm not great at decorating, I could do with some tips.

@EowynW  I feel your pain. The church I left behind had a lot of great housekeepers, and I never felt good enough.  There was one in particular, did the whole perfect home, big garden, canning and freezing, nice flowerbeds, cooking, baking, and homeschooling on top of all that. Deep down I hated her a little, although it took way longer than it should have to admit it, even to myself. I felt terrible about it, until I heard her saying things that revealed her lack of education, and an unwillingness to learn...guess she wasn't so perfect after all.

Hi fellow girl failure! Girl failures are cool and fun. We have more time to do interesting stuff because we don't need it to buy makeup, shoes and handbags. Everybody feels relaxed around us, because no matter how messy their house/ hairdo/ car is, ours is always worse. We are no threat to the self-image of the girly girls, or to their relationships. And we generally marry guys who fall for our personality, not our looks. We may not be 'real' women, but being a real woman is hard work, and you only live once.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived