IGNORED

Lori Alexander 27: Deleting Bible Passages since 2017

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, jerkit said:

I think Jilly is...not quite all there. 

From what I understand while reading FJ awhile back, she has had a very hard life. They have an adult son with special needs and I believe her husband has major health issues as well. It's an a LA thread somewhere. She has always been extremely bubbly and positive and could teach Lori  thing or two about handling adversity with a truly cheerful heart.

Just now, EowynW said:

From what I understand while reading FJ awhile back, she has had a very hard life. They have an adult son with special needs and I believe her husband has major health issues as well. It's an a LA thread somewhere. 

And that very well may be true. But I don't think it necessarily explains her odd, childish behavior on social media. I mean, my 13YO niece sounds more grown up on FB.

2 hours ago, Koala said:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/10/greeting-him-with-smile.html

So a 5 year old can't have a pink balloon, but her son can wear a pink tie??

More irony:

Her son wore the pink tie, and Lori wore the low cut navy shirt.  Why wasn't her son wearing the navy, and Lori wearing the pink.  I thought she said you couldn't be too careful...

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/09/celebrating-another-wedding.html

Well, now you're just being unreasonable. We all know her son has proven his manhood by beating his child and letting her scream from hunger. What has that small boy done to earn the right to a pink balloon??  NOTHING, that's what. 

*end sarcasm font*

I love jello salad with shredded carrots.  I make one that is orange jello, shredded carrots, drained pineapple chunks and drained mandarin oranges.  

It is so good. i get requests for it at potlucks and usually make it for dinner parties.  The trick is to use the juice from the fruit in place of water in making the jello.

I have found my people!! (Not that I didn't know it before, but Jell-O with carrots is the icing on the cake.)

If she isn't talking about Lysa, I'm wracking my brain as to who it could be...Not Jen Hatmaker (she's still married, isn't she?). Glennon?

Lori:

Should women speakers and bloggers be held accountable?

Also, Lori:

Thank you for explaining, Amy, but you don’t need to hold me accountable. 

From this, we can safely derive that we don't need to hold women speakers and bloggers accountable.  

You can relax, Lori.  The woman you're gossiping about doesn't need you to hold her accountable.  Thanks anyway!  Blessings.

I just wanted to let you all know that, thanks to the "praying to the saints" comments, I now have "What a Friend We Have in Jesus" stuck in my head. I'm holding you all responsible!

Also, this woman is vile. I sincerely hope that the woman asking her for child-rearing advice realized how awful Lori's suggestion is before she does damage to either her son or her relationship with him.

57 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I love jello salad with shredded carrots.  I make one that is orange jello, shredded carrots, drained pineapple chunks and drained mandarin oranges.  

It is so good. i get requests for it at potlucks and usually make it for dinner parties.  The trick is to use the juice from the fruit in place of water in making the jello.

Squee!  I love that stuff. I had it most Sunday afternoons when we'd gather st my great grandmother's house for lunch. 

When our first child was born, the ladies at our church brought us supper for TEN days. Seven of those ten meals included orange jello/carrot salad. Of course each meal provided leftovers so we should have had tons of it in the fridge, but NOPE! I ate that stuff four or five times a day for ten days. Had to get those calories in for breastfeeding ya know!!  

Jilly is real. She is extraordinarily kind-hearted and loving, yet she reminds me of the compliant, believing members of the Party in  Orwell's1984. Well-intentioned but believing in Big Brother (Lori) despite a lot of evidence that he is a false god.

Why does she want Lori's opinion on drinking, for goodness sake, just after she was disgusted by Lori's post on marrying young? Is she using doublethink to forget that post and remain loyal to Lori? (Jilly responded quite strongly to some basement-dwelling fool who said young girls were horny for men at the age of 12.)

I'll be bringing homemade tortillas, rice and beans and some queso blanco...corn salsa and my infamous "been down once" dip. 

Just now, EowynW said:

Y'all are not helping my dr ordered sugar free gluten free diet thing I (re)started this week. :5624795a281c1_32(24):

I can make corn tortillas with masa and lard...no gluten! 

59 minutes ago, molecule said:

My mom used to make orange jello with shredded carrots in it, with a dollop of Miracle Whip on the top.

We always had it with Duke's mayonnaise on top.  The only mayo we use in the South.  Miracle Whip makes me gag.  Duke's thinned with vinegar and seasoned with pepper and a pinch of salt and sugar makes fabulous coleslaw dressing.  I put shredded carrots in my coleslaw, also red cabbage.

If you are ever in need of a fruit salad dressing -- like for pear halves and cream cheese bits on lettuce -- thin sweetened condensed milk with vinegar until you get the sweet but tart & the thinness ratio you like.  Extra, covered, keeps in the fridge for a week.

I think Jilly is real, and I think she is sincere...but I can't believe she isn't needling Lori just a teeny-tiny bit. Her comments are just so perfect.

You can put me down for ham loaf and ambrosia salad. 

16 minutes ago, Emilycharlotte said:

I think Jilly is real, and I think she is sincere...but I can't believe she isn't needling Lori just a teeny-tiny bit. Her comments are just so perfect.

You can put me down for ham loaf and ambrosia salad. 

Yeah, I think she is, too.

Spoiler

She and Lori butt heads a while back, and since then, I think she's been syrup-y sweet but with just a bit of an edge. Lori isn't actually smart enough to catch on, thank the spaghetti gods, but I happen to like Jilly and hope she keeps her little bit of defiance.

Is it okay if I skip things made with mayo/Miracle Whip?  I generally can't abide the stuff but can sometimes eat potato salad or deviled eggs made with mayo if I don't think about it and there is not too  much of it.  (I make my potato salad with vinaigrette and maybe a little sour cream and my deviled eggs with melted butter.)  I can bring deviled eggs with melted butter.

@Red Hair, Black Dress, have you seen those Duke's ads with chef Vivian Howard in them.  I don't think I'd ever seen a Duke's ad before in all my 62 years.

@Hane, you beat me to the coconut cake, but I can still bring a chocolate cake, a zebra cake, some banana pudding or something else.

Put me down for German potato salad and coleslaw with raisins.

My mom used to make lime jello with pears and top it with Miracle Whip. I always chose the optional Cool Whip topping. Maybe now that I'm all grown up I'll try it with mayo. 

@PennySycamore  If you make banana pudding Mr Dress will love you forever.

If you don't like mayo / Miracle whip try Durkees's salad dressing or any British brand of salad cream (can be found in most Indian/ south Asian groceries).

Duke's ads are all over the tv in GA; I don't recall the Vivian Howard ones. (memo to self -- check YouTube)

Our baby sacrifice potluck is really looking tasty.  To be complete, we need a huge pan of meatloaf or pulled pork, maybe some corn pudding or macaroni n' cheese or spicy cheese grits.  And surely one of us wants to show off our pound cake.  

Our parish potlucks were/are for showing off your cooking.  Father XYZ always tends bar.  :my_shy:

25 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

Is it okay if I skip things made with mayo/Miracle Whip?  

Despite this being a Lori Alexander thread, I am pretty sure there will be no force feeding allowed. 

I am, however, waiting to hear whether or not yoga pants are permitted. 

5 minutes ago, Emilycharlotte said:

I am, however, waiting to hear whether or not yoga pants are permitted. 

With all this food we're going to eat, yoga pants better be permitted (although I'll be in sweat pants, as no one wants to see me in yoga pants).

@Red Hair, Black Dress,  I can make my mom's recipe for baked mac and cheese.  I can also make a pound cake.  I made one for my daughter's birthday a few years ago at her request.  It was delicious!  I need more opportunities to bake; I'd be baking things everyday if I had the chance and wouldn't weigh three hundred pounds.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived