IGNORED

Lori Alexander 27: Deleting Bible Passages since 2017

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

@Koala I screenshoted the whole thing with her "its a chipmunk" declaration. This will be one for the memory books.

Reveal hidden contents

599e03ec5197e_squirrellorchipmunk.thumb.PNG.5de189c7ef4f016094964c59f2439178.PNG

I saw she posted the squirrel picture and thought at least Lori will know what it is, unlike the flowers. I greatly over-estimated her intelligence. Will she ever admit she's wrong about anything? Keep in mind this is not her first trip to Wisconsin. She's been visiting there every summer her whole life and yet knows nothing about the flora and fauna. Can she tell a raccoon from a rabbit? How about skunks and opossums? Has she even heard of them?

That is DEFINITELY a squirrel. I wasn't entirely sure what a chipmunk looks like so I googled it. Chipmunks have stripes on their backs and shorter, less bushy tails. 

My dad owns this book, which I have read. The recipes are all horrific.

IMG_1766.JPG

3 hours ago, usmcmom said:

A little off topic; but this just popped up on my Facebook page. It made me think of the time Ken said he was surprised the women at work don't flirt with him. 

IMG_8203.JPG

Ha! That meme is the sad reality when you work in a nursing home. My grandmother spent the last year of her life in one because of dementia. At one point she started saying that one of the very nice male CNAs who took care of her had gotten her pregnant. She was 72. Poor CNAs have to deal with so much. It's a low-paying but noble job if you want to help people.

And, why would the women at Ken's workplace flirt with him? Don't women daydream about romance and men daydream about sex? Or, as some fundies have said, men are more aroused by sight and women are more aroused by touch. Do they even really believe that women look at a man and feel lust?

2 hours ago, Florita said:

I saw she posted the squirrel picture and thought at least Lori will know what it is, unlike the flowers. I greatly over-estimated her intelligence. Will she ever admit she's wrong about anything? Keep in mind this is not her first trip to Wisconsin. She's been visiting there every summer her whole life and yet knows nothing about the flora and fauna. Can she tell a raccoon from a rabbit? How about skunks and opossums? Has she even heard of them?

And I like the way she praised the "black flowers" in her previous instagram photos. Does she not know the names of flowers? Those are pretty clearly petunias to me.

I can just imagine the conversations that take place up at that cabin.

Lori: I love all the black flowers and chipmunks here in Door County!

Ken: Babes, those flowers are Black Salvias.

Lori: They are?

Ken: And that's a Grey-Tailed Gopher, not a squirrel

Lori: [peering at it] Oh, you're right.

Ken: [chuckles comfortably]

Lori: I guess women are more easily deceived! I'm so glad I have you to explain things to me, Ken. 

Ken: [smiles modestly]

Lori: Those are called Black Salvias? I wonder if that's how they make black salve.

Ken: Yes, that's right. 

Lori: That must mean that black salve is 100 percent organic. Let's pick some and make homemade black salve.

Ken: First my lemonade, babes. It's 11 o'clock.

Lori: Sorry! I forgot! My emotions ran away with me again.

Since ambrosia and jello salad are claimed, I'm making tuna noodle casserole. There's got to be a casserole (or hot dish) at a potluck!

Another comment that didn't make it through Aunt Lori's filter, on the working with her hands post.  

Spoiler

599ec3b3bbc90_15034933535071.jpg.78ebcb5e4666e9f42a791c2c04a366ba.jpg

8 hours ago, Florita said:

How about skunks and opossums? Has she even heard of them?

I'd love to see her try to kick THAT "funny looking striped cat"! HahahahahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA! She'd learn her lesson in a heartbeat. Hopefully, long before her foot ever connected, though. I love skunks far too much to want one to come in contact with that nasty beast's gnarly feet.

(snipped and bolded by me)

I think our basement potluck seriously lacks wine (and other good drinks). So I'll bring a couple of bottles. To commerate the Ugly Mentor I demand potato in my soup  a glass of oversea wine to be offered in return. Pleaaaaase?

For the work-based salvation I'll bake an Austrian Sacher Torte . To me this is the driest chocolate cake our cuisine has to offer but others like it, it's famous and our oversea tourist buy it tons per day. I'll offer wipped cream to "wash it down with". And I'll better bake another cake that I like, I don't want to ruin my city's reputation of good baking.

Perhaps I'll get "saved" (to the right kind of Christiany) by @PennySycamore's cakes? Rumor has it that some FJites would be able to mix some cocktails? Would you please "lift my spirits"? :pray:

The weight we all will be gaining is just an "outward sign of inward grace" :my_angel:

Looking back at the comments on her Instagram about all of the Christian great grandparents that supposedly never touched alcohol...

Reader:

All things in moderation. A little alcohol is fine to consume.

Lori's snotty response:

yes but we are told often in scripture to be sober. If we drink a little wine it should be "just a little" or "not much." These are clear the stated in God's word. There are many more warnings against drinking alcohol than for it.

Unless you're a family who "really knows how to have a good time", right Lori?

Lori Alexander:

Margarita Party

My family knows how to have a good time!  Alisa makes the best margaritas...Fresh lime juice, stevia, and whatever alcohol goes into a margarita.  They are so good! 

OR, unless you're on your WEEKLY trip to Happy Hour:

Once we find someplace we like, we stick to it...We become loyal customers.  Well we LOVE this place.  We have been going once a week for the happy hour. 

Their Sangria is AMAZING!!!  

Almost every Thursday night, we go to a happy hour.  

Ken Alexander:

A glass of wine, perhaps two over a couple hours of time, is not forbidden in the scriptures and is part of Christian liberty.  

A glass of wine with a meal makes the meal taste better and the conversation flow without any harm or detriment.  A glass of wine on the dance floor with my wife can be good for our romance.  

Lori needs to get a grip.  She and Ken have posted WAY too much about drinking for her to be getting all high and mighty now.  

It's funny how Lori says that God wants us to have lots of children. 

I bumped into a sweet, old fundie preacher's wife Sunday who told me the opposite. It was a completely random experience. We were all at lunch before BIL's ordination. My SIL with her 3 under 3 kids were sitting across from us. Youngest is only 3 weeks old. I was quietly eating and watching the kid chaos and trying to decide if I wanted to be that person down the road. All of a sudden I felt a tap on my shoulder and the lady just randomly leaned over, and whispered in my ear, "do you ever look at those kids and just know that that many just isn't for you?" I was so shocked bc I had been doing exactly that. I nodded and told her yes. She nodded and smiled. She said, "I was like that too. i wanted four but after my first I was DONE and that was that. I've always been of the mind there's more to life than being a mama. Didn't want to be raising kids forever. Don't worry,God doesn't care. One or 2 properly raised and educated kids can impact the world more than ten kids that you don't have enough for. Don't feel guilty." 

It was so random, especially coming from a little fundie woman. But she had spark in her eye and I suspect there's a lot she doesn't buy into about fundiedom. 

Loris daughter drinks. I've seen pictures on insty. Maybe this is another Alyssa slam?

Today's post is rich...

When God instructs women to be keepers at home and guide the home, it was to prevent them from running from house to house and being gossips

Umm, yesterday's post??  Friday's post on Jen Hatmaker?  

Is that the kind of gossiping God was trying to prevent?  Because I don't think going from house to house was the problem.  I'm pretty sure that the gossiping was the main issue, and Lori seems to have managed to do that without ever leaving her home.  Her blog is literally fueled by gossip she picks up by going from blog to blog.

In searching all of the commentaries of old not one of them mentions a woman having a career outside of the home.

Let me fix that...

In searching all of the commentaries of old not one of them mentions a woman having a blog.

In searching all of the commentaries of old not one of them mentions a woman having a 9 week vacation.

Funny how that works...

It can’t be any clearer than this; we are called to be stayers at home! It’s God’s perfect will for you, women. No, you don’t have to be involved in a lot of church activities or other things that take you away from what the Lord wants you to be. Home is where it’s AT for you!

Riiiighhht!  You shouldn't go to church activities, but you should totally hang out in Door County for the entire summer.  If home is "where it's AT", then by all means, pack up your bags and head home!

9 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Loris daughter drinks. I've seen pictures on insty. Maybe this is another Alyssa slam?

Yeah, Lori drinks.  So does Ken.  It's part of their "Christian liberty". :roll: Unfortunately, they take a lot of "liberties" that don't extend to anyone else...

"Gill’s Exposition: “a woman may go to her father’s house to visit him, and to the house of mourning, and to the house of feasting, to return a kindness to her friends, or to her near relations–but it is a reproach to a woman to go out daily; now she is without, now she is in the streets; and a husband ought to restrain his wife from it, and not suffer her to go abroad but about once a month, or twice a month, upon necessity; for there is nothing more beautiful for a woman, than to abide in the corner of her house; for so it is written, (Psalm 45:13) ‘the king’s daughter is all glorious within’.”

i can't believe she is taking these old white men's words as a god given law. 

Catching the tail end of Dr. Phil and its about conception deception. A woman who tricks a man into getting pregnant and a man who tricks a woman. Made me think of Lori of course. Dr. Phil sternly says relationships built on deception can NOT work! All this submissive and transformed talk from Lori is a guise to make them and others think their relationship does work, but it started with a bad foundation of deception when she tricked Ken into the second baby. 

1 minute ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Catching the tail end of Dr. Phil and its about conception deception. A woman who tricks a man into getting pregnant and a man who tricks a woman. Made me think of Lori of course. Dr. Phil sternly says relationships built on deception can NOT work! All this submissive and transformed talk from Lori is a guise to make them and others think their relationship does work, but it started with a bad foundation of deception when she tricked Ken into the second baby. 

Yea and the way she just laughs it off. 

You know that if any woman ever admitted to lori she disobeyed her husband by sabotaging her birth control, that woman would get verbally REAMED any lori.

OR...

The bottom line with the housekeeping issue is that many women simply don't like doing it and hire maids.

Also,

Keeping a home clean & tidy is very doable for most women if they are willing to hire a maid, hire a nanny, and get lots of rest while others do all the work.

Because, although women can do many things, a Godly woman should remember that:

it's so much easier to ask someone else

YES, drinks for our potluck! I can make my famous artillery punch, which would REALLY get Lori's knickers in a twist. Ingredients include wine, rum, gin, brandy, and whisky.

Lori today:

I was a full-time teacher for the first two years of my oldest daughter’s life and I can tell you that I wasn’t a help meet to my husband, a good mother to my children, nor a good teacher. I was spread way too thin and exhausted all of the time. There I was teaching other children and away from all the responsibilities the Lord had given me. It was a terrible time in my life. Even when I substituted a couple of days a week years later, I neglected my children at home and home duties to do something that I was not called to do.

Girl, please. You neglected your children and home duties all the time. Remember Lucy, your nanny? And your housekeeper?

I was a full-time teacher for the first two years of my oldest daughter’s life and I can tell you that I wasn’t a help meet to my husband, a good mother to my children, nor a good teacher. I was spread way too thin and exhausted all of the time. There I was teaching other children and away from all the responsibilities the Lord had given me. It was a terrible time in my life. Even when I substituted a couple of days a week years later, I neglected my children at home and home duties to do something that I was not called to do.

If she only taught the first 2 years of her first child's life then it does not follow that she neglected her children (implying multiple) at home.  We know she only had one when she taught because it was sabotaging her birth control for her second that got her to quit her job, right?

Just now, jerkit said:

So much consternation over housework. Clean the house once a week. No big deal. No handwringing necessary.

It's a big deal to Lori, because it's a big deal to Lori.  I clean house all of the time (cleaning now), and don't think twice about it.  I love taking care of my house.  

Lori is lazy, and probably has a lot of animosity about having to do what little she does.  She doesn't just want a maid, she wants a live in staff.  She probably just assumes other women feel the same way.

1 minute ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

We know she only had one when she taught because it was sabotaging her birth control for her second that got her to quit her job, right?

That time Lori sabotaged her birth control, for those who are just joining us:

I do have a funny story to end this with. Ken told me I could stay home after I had my second baby. I was a full-time school teacher. I wanted to stay home with Alyssa so badly that I put a hole in my diaphragm and we conceived Ryan! I was so happy because I got to stay home and raise my babies.

Now, I don't recommend using deceit like this in anyway to get your way. I wasn't a submissive wife back then at all but I did get to stay home. 

Oh, I'm sure those two years were miserable for Lori, and everyone around her. She made sure of that. My guess is that she figured she'd be a stay at home mom once the baby was born, and was royally pissed off that Ken made her keep working. Baby #2 was therefore needed.

This is the first I've read about her subbing years later, again probably at Ken's insistence. I'm sure she made everyone so miserable about it that she was allowed to quit. Now he just lets her stay home and bully on the internet. As long as you get your lemonade, right, Ken?

I think she labeled her first child as "strong willed", because she didn't connect to her at all during those two years.  I don't think she could be bothered.  

It's kind of like Lori didn't get her way, so she took it out on her child:

Alyssa took a lot more discipline, guidance, and talking to than our other three.

Alyssa received more spankings than the others.

She has also admitted that they argued a lot during her teen years.

She has absolutely no appreciation for her mom's help during that time, going as far as to say:

Someone else raised her the first two years of her life while I worked as a teacher

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived