IGNORED

Lori Alexander 27: Deleting Bible Passages since 2017

6 hours ago, jerkit said:

Sorry, but this makes WAY too much sense for Crazy Cakes Lori.

I agree.  That's why I cringe when I see the terminology for what I believe ascribed to her!

I don't consider Lori dispensational.  I don't consider her Christian.  I don't even think she is a moral or particularly spiritual human being.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She says it wasn't very filling so she could eat a lot of it! Whatever happened to portion control? So only portion control when something is filling?

Hmmmmm lets eat a lot of candy...not very filling. 

Speaking of candy; did anybody catch Ken's babbling on the Jinger Dugger post?  Lori does not like sugar so there is no sugar in their house!  Tell me again. Who is the submissive one in that marriage? 

IMG_8171.PNG

25 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Ther has never been a righteous Christian woman who worked outside the home never ever ever in the history of forever!!  

IMG_8160.PNG

So never? Even the queens and palace totality? Really? Because the history I read tells me many of these queens, etc had wet nurses and helpers (slaves) and teachers come in and teach the children. 

Wow. She obviously hasn't studied history. 

*note this was directed at Lori not usmcmom. 

It really irks me the way Lori adds to scripture. For instance, NOWHERE in Proverbs 31 does it say the woman never left her children.  NOWHERE does it say she never left her home to do all those things or that, if she did, she took her children with her. It does not say the opposite either. It merely talks about all this woman accomplished and all of her personality traits. 

Lori's teaching is straight from the pits of Hell when she teaches this passages as she does. The same is true of her most recent proclamation about how NEVER IN THE BIBLE is there a career woman. 

2 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Her's the Lori we all know and love with her exaggerations and absolutes. This was from her post on "shows from 50 years ago."

Ther has never been a righteous Christian woman who worked outside the home never ever ever in the history of forever!!  

IMG_8160.PNG

I think she does a better job of speculating (rather than proclaiming) in her posts themselves because she is thinking ahead. On FB and in blog comments, we see the immediate and real her.

Listen y'all, Lori would not know the bible if it bit her in the ass. Her supposed "Christian" convictions are NOT Christian, they are the ramblings of someone with serious control issues. She does not know nor understand love, kindness, grace or mercy to herself or anyone else. Her fangirls haven't caught on to this, and I feel sorry for them.

Lori reminds me of one of those baby dolls with the pull cord on its back. She only says a few inane phrases that she turns out over and over. Just like those dolls, she gets tiresome so quickly.  

I find her definitions to be especially irksome and condescending. Effeminacy means this and impudence means that. What an asshole. 

14 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

agree a million percent. And in case people don't want to read the linked article here is the quote about not needing the permit

Just to be clear, I did not think the permit issue had any validity.  I was just channeling Capt. Orange.

13 hours ago, usmcmom said:

NEVER IN THE BIBLE is there a career woman. 

I'm not super good with bible knowledge, but wasn't Deborah a judge?   Are we to believe she held court in her home so she could care for her children (or was she childless?).  Even if she was childless, being a judge is definitely a career.

1 hour ago, EowynW said:

Comment on her affording to stay home post. 

This is the fundie version of the prosperity gospel. 

IMG_7654.PNG

Sure is! TWO homes?! What the? See if you just have faith enough all the money just comes pouring from the sky. Those who don't end up with two homes are then accused of not having faith. 

Lying lazy Lori, while summering in Door County, sitting around on a deck in shorts showing her butt cheek, is again harping on the goodness of work. 

She must be channeling Louise Linton Mnuchin's "let them eat cake" rant. 

I confess I only skimmed the post today but the first part had me nodding in agreement. I do agree that society, at times, mocks housewives. I have experienced some very obvious snubs, especially at my husband's business functions, when people ask the dreaded question "What do you do?" When I say "I still stay home," the person often starts looking for an escape and I see them searching for a way out of the conversation. 

Even some of my friends, to whom I've explained our reasons for our decision for me to stay home, take on a snide "Must be nice" attitude.  It gets a little lonely sometimes. 

Lori's hypocrisy on display once again on Instagram ... 

• Christians drinking alcohol -- check (Lori sure enjoys her wine).
  • Christians watching TV and going to the movies -- check! (Her couch has a permanent imprint from her bony butt cheeks).
  • Christians "barely kissing" before marriage -- um ... Check. (Even kisses with men who weren't Ken! For shame, Lori!)
  • Christians not dressing modestly -- check! (We've all seen more of Loris' bottom and cleavage than any of us ever needed to).
  • Christians playing cards -- check! (wasn't she just describing how her family was playing cards at the family cabin the other day?!)

Her generalization about how no one's Christian grandparents ever drank alcohol is obnoxious and ignorant. One of mine was a blazing alcoholic, which is why I don't touch alcohol. I don't drink, I don't get drunk, and I can guarantee wine-guzzling Lori and her hen-pecked Ken are both alcohol-saturated compared to me. It's hardly a sign of Christian-holiness. In my case, it's a choice.

Screenshot 2017-08-22 at 9.45.21 AM.png

Lori:

Most Christian great grandparents didn't drink any alcohol.  This young generation of Christians has no problem drinking it freely.

Also, Lori:

My family knows how to have a good time!  Alisa makes the best margaritas...Fresh lime juice, stevia, and whatever alcohol goes into a margarita.  They are so good!

Almost every Thursday night, we go to a happy hour.  We've tried about five or six places but Poehe's on Coronado Island is our favorite.

if you know Christians who enjoy an occasional glass of wine, remember this is their liberty in Christ.

Ken Alexander:

A glass of wine with a meal makes the meal taste better and the conversation flow without any harm or detriment.  A glass of wine on the dance floor with my wife can be good for our romance.

But, anyway....

As a side note- My grandfather (who was a great-grandfather) drank (a good bit when he was young, but he still drank an occasional beer when he was older).  He and my grandmother played cards and dominoes weekly with his sister and her husband.  He also loved television (Cops, wrestling, Unsolved Mysteries, westerns, daytime court shows, talk shows...you name it, he watched it).  He was also a Christian.  A better one than Lori ever thought about being.

33 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I confess I only skimmed the post today but the first part had me nodding in agreement. I do agree that society, at times, mocks housewives. I have experienced some very obvious snubs, especially at my husband's business functions, when people ask the dreaded question "What do you do?" When I say "I still stay home," the person often starts looking for an escape and I see them searching for a way out of the conversation. 

Even some of my friends, to whom I've explained our reasons for our decision for me to stay home, take on a snide "Must be nice" attitude.  It gets a little lonely sometimes. 

American culture can be extremely judgmental about people's work in all regards. I have an uncle (who is also an alcoholic asshole, so there is that) who insists that I have "never had a real job" because teaching in any form is "not a real job" and teachers "don't actually do anything" and "only work about seven months a year" (where he came up with seven, I do not know, most people go with 8 or 9). He's been going on about it every time I see him for 23 years now. Heaven forbid, I see him on a week day during the school year because I am not working that day. This conversation really happened last spring:  Nasty uncle:"Is it really fair that you are out running around the countryside having fun while Mr. 05 is working to pay your bills?" Me: "Um, we're at a funeral right now. Who's having fun here?"

And many, many people think I don't work now because I sub. Except I generally work 3.5 or 4 days a week with one day to take care of my mother's needs. Believe it or not, many people think subbing is volunteer work and we don't get paid. Functioning educated adults actually think that. Even those who realize I am paid are pretty dismissive of it as work.

3 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Functioning educated adults actually think that. Even those who realize I am paid are pretty dismissive of it as work.

It's almost a no-win situation.  If the job isn't demanding enough, it's "not work", if a job is too demanding then the woman is out of her element or needs to go back home.  When I was still doing industry work I got several straight up nasty looks from moms at my daughters school because I'd go directly from the shop.  I was a dispatcher briefly years ago and there were male officers who would talk down to us if they deemed us worthy to speak to at all and hated the fact that there were female officers working with them.  But as @usmcmom mentioned, being at home brings it's own crate of weird looks or judgements.  There's just no way to win.  

1 hour ago, HoneyBunny said:

Lying lazy Lori, while summering in Door County, sitting around on a deck in shorts showing her butt cheek, is again harping on the goodness of work. 

Typing shit on the internet = working willingly with her hands.

Spoiler

doodle.JPG.074da794d785edacf71c98f3894c42de.JPG

Lori-Vision at it's finest. This how it is in her life, therefore it is how it is for everyone. Everyone's great-grandparents were Baptists or Quakers. Period. No one was Catholic or Lutheran or Orthodox. Heck, even Puritans drank alcohol. Either Lori doesn't know other denominations exist or she doesn't regard them as Christian. Or she's just that stupid.

15 minutes ago, Florita said:
  Reveal hidden contents

doodle.JPG.074da794d785edacf71c98f3894c42de.JPG

Lori-Vision at it's finest. This how it is in her life, therefore it is how it is for everyone. Everyone's great-grandparents were Baptists or Quakers. Period. No one was Catholic or Lutheran or Orthodox. Heck, even Puritans drank alcohol. Either Lori doesn't know other denominations exist or she doesn't regard them as Christian. Or she's just that stupid.

My great-grandfather and his cousins had multiple stills and sold moonshine during prohibition. They pissed off the local sheriff in an unrelated matter once and ended up in prison for four months over it. 

Of course, they were all Irish Catholics, so I'm sure Lori would say they were not Christians. 

Lets ALL listen to Lori, who knows SO much about working with her hands! For example:

-cleaning her house

-rocking her babies to sleep

-cooking nutritionally superior food

-gardening

-making clothes, quilts, or other sewing projects 

Oh, wait. LORI ALEXANDER. Nope, all her hands work hard at is hitting her babies.

Whenever I read Lori my jaw drops. Why does she have readers?

How can anyone respect someone who internally contradicts on a regular basis, who lies about her lifestyle and her past, who makes no attempt to live in the way she demands others should, who has no compassion for those suffering hard times, has no empathy for those in toxic relationships - AND doesn't even know her Bible, but cherrypicks to try and justify her own slightly pathological beliefs?

She is the ne plus ultra of the non christian christian - and I wish someone could metaphorically smack her round the head for all the damage she does. Not only to individuals who mistakenly trust her, but in the image she presents of 'christianity' - which couldn't be further from my understanding of the faith.

Critical thinking and judgment are not in her readers' arsenals.

Lori:

In other words, we are not to be hypocrites. What we are with others, we are at home. 

I. Can't. Even.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived