IGNORED

Lori Alexander 27: Deleting Bible Passages since 2017

28 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Get a load of this.....Screenshot_2017-08-24-19-16-16.thumb.png.7099d988b649112b6bf79d8c4c86459c.png

Lori's fan club just got extended to Raqqa. But the (presumably Muslim) guy makes a point. The oppression of women in the ME is her ideal. For all women except herself that is. 

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a girl failure too! I hate makeup and doing my hair. Decorating is far from my thing as well. I don't clean. I cook occasionally. You're not alone @Eoywin!! My mom thinks I'm a horrible wife too because of these things. 

As far as the Middle East comment, let's send Lori there and see how much she really likes it. And I highly doubt European women are all submissive. So that poster can just kiss my feminist rear.

On August 23, 2017 at 8:23 PM, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I am curious @Joyceif Lori actively tells women in the chatroom to NOT read here. If so, that really shows she is afraid of what they might find out. I imagine she scares them to stay away from here by saying you should only "dwell on the lovely" of course the lovely is very subjective. Only dwell on what Lori deems lovely. 

Lori wrote in a comment that people should not read Freejinger, but I don't think she is actively or repeatedly doing so.

Spoiler

There's an entire site called FreeJinger and their purpose originally was in hopes of "freeing" Jinger from the shackles of Christianity. They write horrible things about me, too, but don't read their stuff. It is very oppressive since they are extremely unhappy women.

21 minutes ago, foreign fundie said:

Hi fellow girl failure! Girl failures are cool and fun. We have more time to do interesting stuff because we don't need it to buy makeup, shoes and handbags. Everybody feels relaxed around us, because no matter how messy their house/ hairdo/ car is, ours is always worse. We are no threat to the self-image of the girly girls, or to their relationships. And we generally marry guys who fall for our personality, not our looks. We may not be 'real' women, but being a real woman is hard work, and you only live once.

None of that takes that much time. And my husband loves me for all of me. Not just looks. Because just because I like shoes and handbags doesn't mean that either of us are shallow. 

I HATE when women, even with good intentions, use this kind of thing to put each other down, make invalid comparisons, or imply that one way of being is superior for whatever reason. We can all like what we like, be women in the way we want to be women and still be valid. 

Some of us just don't have the decorating gene...or the makeup gene or whatever. We don't care or want to learn. I just have no interest in some traditionally feminine activities.

The trouble comes when others say we are lousy women because we are not good at or interested in this stuff. None of this stuff is what makes up women- or men. It's just superficial likes & talents. We should not feel like we have to conform to ideals like these. I think it is particularly cruel to rank someone's feminity based on these things.

37 minutes ago, Joyce said:

Hide contents

There's an entire site called FreeJinger and their purpose originally was in hopes of "freeing" Jinger from the shackles of Christianity. They write horrible things about me, too, but don't read their stuff. It is very oppressive since they are extremely unhappy women.

Translation:

Don't read their stuff, because they have screen shots of things I've deleted, and quotes where I've contradicted myself.  

I guess Lori considers Ken an "extremely unhappy woman".  After all, he is a member of FreeJinger.  This is his profile: @Ken.  He has 392 comments.

Lori declares herself to be clothed in righteousness, please excuse me while I go barf. Proud much? Smug bitch.

And how the hell does she know who here is happy or not? She doesn't even have the premise of FJ correct and would die if she knew how many here are Christians. 

1 hour ago, foreign fundie said:

Lori's fan club just got extended to Raqqa. But the (presumably Muslim) guy makes a point. The oppression of women in the ME is her ideal. For all women except herself that is. 

Jeepers, yesterday I cut the acreage, rewired the basement, took the doggie for a 5k jaunt, made dinner, and today I went to my MAN'S job.  I wonder if her and this dude's head would explode at the sight of me....in my unfeminine workboots cutting the lawn, wearing a toolbelt while I did wiring work, and, HORRORS, driving to my man's job in my man's uniform clothing? (all without the guidance of my husband!)

And who the hell is she to tell grown women what to read or not. We say awful things about you because you are awful. Are we in the fucking middle east? I'm getting ragey, better go get some wine and/or chocolate.

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

None of that takes that much time. And my husband loves me for all of me. Not just looks. Because just because I like shoes and handbags doesn't mean that either of us are shallow. 

I HATE when women, even with good intentions, use this kind of thing to put each other down, make invalid comparisons, or imply that one way of being is superior for whatever reason. We can all like what we like, be women in the way we want to be women and still be valid. 

Yes a thousand times. I am educated, raised my child as a single parent, have cut grass, run the snowblower, and have earned my own substantial pension and social security, in addition to investments. No man gave me shit, I have worked full-time for forty years.

Yet, I'm very domesticated and a girly-girl. I have a lovely home that I enjoy, get my hair and nails done, and have lots of clothes and accessories. None of this means I am a superficial twit. There was a time when I couldn't afford any of this and I apologize to no one.

It is not useful when folks make erroneous assumptions about other women based on superficial characteristics, which in itself is superficial.

2 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Maybe we should start a quiver full of home decor so we can share tips and ask questions?!? 

Yes, please. I am so bad at making a house look like a home that I was too embarrassed to let the four-year-old neighbor girl inside. I wish I could tell you this happened years ago, but it was actually 90 minutes ago. I can't afford decent furniture, either. Can decorating skills help that?

Seriously, how can a woman in her 50s not have this figured out? Oh, yeah, I spent a lot of years supporting my family and providing health insurance. Keeping the home's residents alive mattered more than keeping them in tasteful decor.

I'm looking round our house thinking "I never liked that paint colour" or " I want some different curtains" and then I get paralyzed because before now, it was a joint decision and I hadn't found a different colour or style so it was easier to go with the ones Mr wrangler had chosen.

I'm not very good at adulting on my own yet.

@molecule, if you had to choose, of course health insurance would be more important than decor, for anybody I would think. But it's not necessarily either/or and not correct to imply that people like me who like a nice home don't have their priorities straight.

I too have always had to provide health insurance and everything else. But tasteful decor isn't always expensive decor, sometimes it's the opposite. Many years of single parenthood were rough financially and I lived where I could afford which wasn't nearly as nice as where I am now. But even my very modest homes were nice, comfortable, neat, and clean, if not fancy.

I could make a cave homey and attractive, I have that skill. Plus, I'm a homebody, so it's important to me. We all have different skills, hell I ain't much of a dancer. To each her own, it is all good as far as I am concerned. 

Lori totally abuses the phrase with God all things are possible. I say this as a believer in God. You don't just throw these words at people in difficult situations and close your eyes to the reality of things. She is a stubborn simpleton. Try saying those words while taking a dive off the Grand Canyon thinking God will give you flight. That would be delusional, and so is Lori. The Grand Canyon has more compassion than her, thats for sure. Her coldness just leaps out at you. She's like Trump to me. Yeah, maybe I should pray for the both of them, but nope. I pray for their victims.

She is nauseating. I spent my youth and marriage doing yard work, growing gardens, hauling boulders, and renovating homes.

I built the cabinetry in my kitchen by hand. Without my husbands help. He backed away after a few weeks in amazement. No prefab, no Allen keys. I know how to use tools. Table saws, reciprocating saws, drills, etc. They don't scare me. 

I have replaced glass in window, learned how to do stained glass windows, hang doors replace complete windows etc. I have torn out walls, plumbing, and electrical. I have wainscoted and built beautiful ornate oven fans. Tiled, upolstered my furniture, and the list goes on.

I also collect dolls, linen, sew, paint, draw, redo furniture and have since grade eight.

If I had to follow Lori'so rules the abilities and gifts I was born with would be squashed. Why should I sit idly by while my husband does it all? We raised kids together, and renovate together. We are a team effort. 

Oooooooooooooh does that make me a feminist?  No Lori, I get to use my creativity to create even if it's with a table saw and not a blender.

I actually prefer building things.

[mention=18941]molecule[/mention], if you had to choose, of course health insurance would be more important than decor, for anybody I would think. But it's not necessarily either/or and not correct to imply that people like me who like a nice home don't have their priorities straight. 

I didn't mean to imply anything about anyone. I was speaking about myself. Even now that I have time, I have absolutely no eye or talent for decorating. I apologize for giving offense, as that was not my intent.

@EowynW YouTube and Pinterest are your friend for decorating tips.  Granted Pinterest is full of too perfectly decorated to be real rooms, but also full of craft tutorials and tips on how to hang pictures create a gallery wall, re-purpose everyday things into something cool, color suggestions (search for 'color seeds'  or 'design seeds' on Pinterest), etc, etc, etc.

Basically decorating is a matter of having things you like around the house. It doesn't matter if other people like your decor as long as you and Mr. EW do.  You are not a girl failure -- you are a newlywed in the process of decorating your first home and going slowly because you want to get it just right for the two of you. Use that on your mother

If you collect anything at all -- display the collection on shelves or on top of a side table.  If you're a reader, make sure you have bookcases and place the books you are currently reading where you are reading them -- next to a sofa, on the coffee table, next to an armchair, etc.

Picture hanging tips:

#1 tip:  Draw  your picture group first on paper:  Measure the wall height and width, sketch in any furniture that is against the wall, measure furniture height, and draw where you might like a picture, if it doesn't look right, erase and draw again,  Have someone hold the picture where you think you want it before you nail it up.

#2 tip:   Rule of thumb  -- a single long horizontal picture or a long horizontal grouping goes over a long piece of furniture such as a sofa or a sideboard

• A single picture should be hung at just slightly above eye level
  • When hanging an unmatched picture group hang an odd number
  • If you are hanging a series of prints that are related -- for example scenes of Paris -- use matching frames all the same size and hang closely together -- such as 2 rows of 3 pictures 
  • For a gallery wall mix sizes, shapes and horizontal & vertical
  • Make a tiny pencil mark on the wall where you want the picture nail to go
  • To keep plaster walls intact put a small piece of blue painters tape on the wall where you're going to nail the picture hanger -- this also works for drywall
  • If you need to hang something dead center on a wall, measure the wall to find the mid point, mark with a pencil, measure up from the floor for height, mark again
  • If you can't eyeball if a picture is straight, use a level

If you live where you can pick wildflowers/ long grasses/ decorative weeds, pick alot, put in jars around the house.  You can gussy up the jars by winding some colored string or sisal twine around the top of the jar and tying in a bow/ fancy knot.

Second/ third hand, flea market and junk shop furniture can be painted and look stunning.  As long as the piece isn't broken beyond repair, some glue, sanding and paint work wonders

Adding -- I have friends who swear by using the automatic coupon finder Honey. It's a free browser add-on that scans the Internet for every working coupon code when you're shopping online. Then applies the best deal to your cart. Especially good for slightly price-y items.

Adding again:  In your mother's world as a married woman you fall under Mr EW's headship and as such she can no  longer tell you what to do.  You might gently remind her that you are not in her home anymore and no longer under her as a child.  Doesn't matter if you and Mr EW have rejected the whole headship nonsense. Your mother still believes it.  The might help in getting her to back off.

And if all else fails, remind her that she is in your house, and if it doesn't suit she is welcome to leave,  Because your house suits you just fine.

I'll be thinking of you this weekend.

10 hours ago, onemama said:

Wasn't she all up in arms about women carrying "Jesus Calling " with them to church and Bible study and treating it as a second Bible?  Isn't Lori doing the exact same thing with her "commentaries of old"?   

I find this strange myself. I know one fundie (James McDonald, for those who know of him) who quotes the Westminster Catechism. Wikipedia says it is a central catechism of Calvinists. There is a long version, used by ministers in teaching the faith, and a short version, intended for children and other people who need simpler explanations of Biblical principles. My thought is, if Sola Scriptura is right and God's Word alone truly suffices and all that, then why do people use these kind of things along with the Bible? If the Bible is so inspired and awesome, shouldn't God's meaning be clear to anyone reading it? Nothing should need to be elucidated on. Also, I thought one of the big deals about the Reformation was that priests weren't telling you how to interpret the Bible anymore, but if a Calvinist is quoting a catechism written by some assembly a long time ago to show what they Bible says, isn't that the same thing?

@EowynW, I like @Red Hair, Black Dress's idea. If your mother complains about your undecorated home, just tell her that Mr.EW doesn't want you to decorate your home. Maybe she'll have to accept it then, ha.

Hi @SilverBeach and @louisa05 !

Nobody said you are shallow! Doing certain girly things is great if you enjoy it. So if you love having your nails done, more power to you. I can't stand the thought of someone fiddling with my nails. My point was that no woman should feel she should spend time, money  and energy on doing tings she does not value for herself, just because other people think that she should be a real woman.

Also, you may be very good at cleaning and love it. But so many women really struggle to keep up the appearance especially young mums. I like to get my home looking lovely and shiny to honor my guests, but often fail. And when I do I get woman confessing how glad they are that  my house is even worse than theirs. They feel better. It is mixed compliment. But I actually feel the same relaxation in some of my messy friends' homes.

Again it is great to be both stunning and a really great person for your husband. But again those of us who can't pull off the 'stunning' bit, can still find ourselves with great husbands. And although I am not assuming any of you have this issue, there is such a thing as guys going for the hot girl, because she is hot, and both ending up unhappy. That at least is one pitfall of life 'girl failures' tend to avoid.

So yes, girly girl still rule the world, but girl failures have things going for them too. 

9 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

We should! I'm not great at decorating, I could do with some tips.

@EowynW  I feel your pain. The church I left behind had a lot of great housekeepers, and I never felt good enough.  There was one in particular, did the whole perfect home, big garden, canning and freezing, nice flowerbeds, cooking, baking, and homeschooling on top of all that. Deep down I hated her a little, although it took way longer than it should have to admit it, even to myself. I felt terrible about it, until I heard her saying things that revealed her lack of education, and an unwillingness to learn...guess she wasn't so perfect after all.

I feel intimidated by a number of people. The ones who know how to keep house and make it look beautiful and seem to enjoy doing it. The ones who know how to throw a wonderful party for their kids. The ones who know how to dress for their figure and always look beautiful. The ones who hold down stable jobs and juggle the whole work- kids thing without dropping a plate.   Yes, it's intimidating.  

Lori can make women feel inferior because she appears to be doing it all, in her "God-approved" way (until you see that she doesn't actually do much...)  The ladies who boast about their poverty and how they make ends meet (although, as KAK pointed out, nobody actually shares the details...), or the one who posted on her Facebook page sharing how she does it all and is so happy to do it all are intimidating.   Me?  I get up early  to do a paper round and then I need a nap.  I do some tutoring and I struggle with staying up to date with my housework.  I did an online course and didn't get any spring cleaning  or painting done this year.

I'm very tired and feel drained most of the time.  I don't have the energy or the enthusiasm to throw myself into decorating my home, and I'm having panic attacks at the thought that my daughters' friends will be coming over to celebrate her birthday party next Saturday and I still have to paint my daughters' room. It doesn't help that I can't drive the car because it needs new brakes! 

There you go. Another "oppresive FJ-er" sharing her negativity :-) 

I definitely don't have an eye for decoration. My husband does. He's a man fail, apparently *huge eye roll*

i have a room in my house off the master bedroom that is my reading room/woman cave. He did a beautiful job decorating it with a bird theme. It never would've occurred to me!

From the latest post against women working outside of the home. A commenter says:

An alarming trend in churches is to see the older women returning to college after the children are out of the house .         I believe this is sending a mixed message and more confusion to young women.

Lori replies:

I agree, Holly, for the wisdom of this world is foolishness to God and He has never commanded women no matter what age to go out into the world, be educated by the world, and be providers. He has instructed us to do the complete opposite. I believe women leaving their God-ordained work has caused havoc in our culture. We, as godly women, must obey what He has clearly instructed us to do and be salt and light for all those around us!

But there are sensible women on her blog:

There’s also nothing wrong with going back to school to get skills that will help pay the bills.

Not every Christian woman is in a great Christian marriage that’s going to last forever. Young women find themselves widows. Older women find themselves divorced. Accidents and tragedies happen all the time. A friend of mine is trying to sort out her life right now because she got up the courage to leave a domestic violence situation and she really didn’t expect to be taking care of three young girls alone. As a “good Christian woman”, she didn’t expect her life to take the turns that it has recently.

After the kids are gone, there’s a lot more time for other things. Why not learn a new skill and help hubby save up for retirement or pay down debt?

Let’s remember that most people don’t save and really aren’t prepared if a financial or major medical emergency comes up – like cancer or long term hospital stay.

I tend to be inspired when older women go back to college and keep active. It wasn’t until I was out of college that I met older women (50 +) who weren’t afraid of living and trying new things, in spite of a few aches and pains.

And another:

Oh yes!
I work part-time, and have just taken on a new job. For the training, I’ve been required to come in every day for 6 hours, over different shifts, to learn the ropes. 

She admits that it's chaotic and hubby has to help out. Let's see what Lori and her friends reply....

But the commenter also says:

I agree with this blog post wholeheartedly – I’m living it right now so I know it to be true!!

And no, giving up work is not an option for me. My husband has a back injury and simply cannot fully support us without my help, and he wishes for me to work part-time. But it will get better – it’s just these first couple of weeks that are tough.

Lori just can't see that many of these women are actually trying their best to be the wife and mother their family needs. The woman who not only cares for the home but also works to help provide so they can keep the home.  It may mean that they all have to struggle for a while, but these women want to care for their families and are going to do their best to make it work!   

In Lori's world, women who have a job outside of the home are selfish and are bringing shame to the Gospel.  This commenter sounds like a wonderful, very strong woman.  I hope she can shine her light in that dark blog of Lori's. 

This reply on the feminine clothing post made me laugh!

Who ever came up with skinny jeans must have been suffering from insomnia and invented them by accident.

I don't like them either but my eldest son won't wear any other style.  My second son won't wear jeans at all. He has a pair of "jogjeans" for special occasions :D 

Hi [mention=22182]SilverBeach[/mention] and [mention=15834]louisa05[/mention] !

Nobody said you are shallow! Doing certain girly things is great if you enjoy it. So if you love having your nails done, more power to you. I can't stand the thought of someone fiddling with my nails. My point was that no woman should feel she should spend time, money  and energy on doing tings she does not value for herself, just because other people think that she should be a real woman.

Also, you may be very good at cleaning and love it. But so many women really struggle to keep up the appearance especially young mums. I like to get my home looking lovely and shiny to honor my guests, but often fail. And when I do I get woman confessing how glad they are that  my house is even worse than theirs. They feel better. It is mixed compliment. But I actually feel the same relaxation in some of my messy friends' homes.

Again it is great to be both stunning and a really great person for your husband. But again those of us who can't pull off the 'stunning' bit, can still find ourselves with great husbands. And although I am not assuming any of you have this issue, there is such a thing as guys going for the hot girl, because she is hot, and both ending up unhappy. That at least is one pitfall of life 'girl failures' tend to avoid.

So yes, girly girl still rule the world, but girl failures have things going for them too. 

I can't stand the thought of paying someone to do my nails.

And I got married at 37 and barely dated between college and then. I have not lived a life if fending off men. Caring a little about appearance does not mean you look like a fing super model and have lived a life of "hot girl " problems and romantic ease.

Let's not all make assumptions about each other.

You also make the very tired assumption that women who put effort into how they look only do so for the sake of men. Not true. Not at all.

On top of that why has it become a badge of honor for so many women to not care about how they present themselves? No one considers living in a hoarders nest a badge of honor. No one considers you smarter or more enlightened if you drove a filthy car. Why is not taking a little basic care of how you present yourself equal to how you present everything else?

And believe me, I don't spend hours on anything appearance related. Makeup is five minutes. Hair is about two. But taking the time to have good haircut isn't something that should be considered superficial and hassling off your own once a year with kitchen shears shouldn't make you a better person.

And once again, men don't really do this to each other.

Does anyone else remember when Lori went to Peaceful Wife's blog and asked to share one of her posts?  When April agreed, Lori came back and said she'd need to "change the post up a bit" before she shared it.  April's readers immediately put her in her place.

Well...she's back at it.  This time with scripture.  Yep.  Lori has changed scripture.  Not only does Lori Alexander delete scripture, she takes the liberty to actually change it.  This is right up there with Ken Alexander saying Jesus was wrong.

"Let everyone of us please (our husband) for his good to edification.  For even Christ pleased not himself" (Rom. 15: 2,3).  Yes I changed "his neighbor" to "our husband" but since we are one flesh with out husband, he's our closest neighbor & it needs to be out goal in life to please our husband.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived