IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Attending Conferences and Getting Pregnant

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, justoneoftwo said:

She also says it has brain waves (24 weeks) and finger prints (22 weeks) so I don't think she knows about the stages of fetal development.  I think she is just misinformed.  

Wisdom booklet SOTDRT science!

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, twinmama said:

lol Same. They were the first thing I noticed (in a jealous way haha). It's amazing how differently bodies handle pregnancy. I was carrying twins and started showing around 10 weeks, but I was stick thin before pregnancy (anxiety from infertility, whee!!). Joy looks great though, even if I'm sad she's 19 and knocked up.

Its the first thing I noticed when the photo came up on my facebook feed. I didn't even see the heading but thought OMG, she's pregnant!!

IDontKnowWhatIExpected.gif

But seriously, mazel tov and all, but geez, that was fast. Or it just seems like it was.

The answered prayer thing irks me. I had someone tel me once "God answered your prayer and the answer was no"

But, I mean, it explains the Anna and Joy matching tee dresses. They are preggo twins! Why couldn't my sisters get pregnant at the same time as me so we could be preggo twins too. I have the jealousies now...

8 minutes ago, Palindrome said:

Let it be another Duggar Grandson! 

IKR? Boys, boys, all type of boys, Israel, Marcus, Michael, Spurgeon boys...

I do wonder what direction she'll go with names. I can't see her going too out there (Spurgeon), but I could see her going more ~tryndy~ than her sisters/sister-in-law.

I don't know why people are so shocked she's pregnant so soon. My guess is NONE of the Dugger girl's wedding dates were randomly selected. These women obsessively track their menstrual cycles, so what are the odds that Jill and Joy pretty much got preggers within the week of the wedding? They planned it that way 

7 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I do wonder what direction she'll go with names. I can't see her going too out there (Spurgeon), but I could see her going more ~tryndy~ than her sisters/sister-in-law.

I'm thinking something in the Hunter/Garrison/Maverick/Sailor/Gunner family :my_rolleyes:

If she *did* have a girl, I would hope that they have a sister. I wouldn't want another Lizzy/Wizzy Arndt (is it her who's the only girl in the family of 13 kidults?) cos that must be a bit lonely not having anyone who you can just have girl talk with. I know they wouldn't necessarily get on, but I wouldn't want to be just one girl in a sea of boys. This goes for any married Duggar/Bates/whoever. Obviously I understand and agree with the "hope she has boys" thing but if the married Duggar women keep up their current fertility rates then they will all have a girl at some point. 

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Her two due dates were based off the fact that most babies are born within ten days of their due dates. Jill clearly stated early in her pregnancy that she was keeping a later date in mind so she wouldn't get discouraged or upset if she went late. 

That's what she claimed but I've doubted it's veracity. I think that was just her excuse for miscalculating the date. If I remember correctly she gave birth almost 2 weeks after her initial due date. I don't have any evidence but I suspect she gave birth closer to her actual due date but didn't want to admit miscalculating.

This is Jill who put a bow on her belly and a tag saying her baby was a gift from god. Getting pregnant on the exact night of her wedding fits with her narrative about how life should be and how she would be rewarded by god. I think she just assumed this to have been the case and only at the later stages was she informed that conception likely occurred at  a later point. But she had already announced her expected due date so she needed a reason to explain the correct due date.

I get the whole "not wanting girls born into fundie families" thing, I really do. But the way I see it, it's got to be harder on the guys in some respects. No one is batting an eye that Jinger is wearing pants, because her headship is allowing it. So I'd imagine at least some fundie guys might feel pressure to enforce things like that upon their families in order to tow the line. I may be completely off the mark here, but I hope I got my point across. 

As of this afternoon, Anna and Derick congratulated her on Twitter.

Am I the only person who will go certifiably insane if I see Michelle in this freaking shirt (or any of its variations) one more time?? Is she trying to prove she's frugal?

Forget funding Dereck's " ministry", they need to crowd fund a new wardrobe for Michelle. Or an intervention.

8 minutes ago, Jatalie1996 said:

I get the whole "not wanting girls born into fundie families" thing, I really do. But the way I see it, it's got to be harder on the guys in some respects. No one is batting an eye that Jinger is wearing pants, because her headship is allowing it. So I'd imagine at least some fundie guys might feel pressure to enforce things like that upon their families in order to tow the line. I may be completely off the mark here, but I hope I got my point across. 

There is certainly a lot about fundamentalism that affects men too, but I think women get the worse end of the stick in pretty much everything. Having to get a man's permission to wear pants is much worse than feeling pressure to prohibit your wife from wearing pants.

1 hour ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

Am I the only person who will go certifiably insane if I see Michelle in this freaking shirt (or any of its variations) one more time?? 

Ha, that was my first thought, too... the green shirt... aGAIN!

Oh Rufus. I'm sick. She's not even 20? 

Well, there's your life, kid. Unless you have 3 females in quick succession and train them to raise #4 and following (that worked fine for pampered li'l momma Meechelle!), that's your life. Under Austin's thumb when you're not on his jock. 

Prove me wrong, Joy, prove me wrong: have the baby, and you and Hubby decide for *yourselves* about family planning and then get some real education and become a full partner in the Family Resort resort business! Don't go the stoopid way of your sisters and sister-in-law before you! 

My heart aches. 

6 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Fundie or not, a period on your wedding day is a pain in the ass

If she were ovulating she would be at the point in her cycle where she is most likely to get pregnant- not having her period.

8 hours ago, SeekingAdventure said:

Has anyone of you seen the announcement. I dunno if it is just my imagination, but didn't Austin say he's hoping or thinking it is a girl and then they refered to the baby as 'him'. Is it possible they already know now? 

I kept hearing them say "them"... which pops twins into my mind, but people also use them in the singular too, when they don't know the sex... so we'll see, I guess

7 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

If she were ovulating she would be at the point in her cycle where she is most likely to get pregnant- not having her period.

Yes, the point is that she might have been avoiding her period rather than trying to get pregnant immediately.

39 minutes ago, SuchABlessing said:

I don't know why people are so shocked she's pregnant so soon. My guess is NONE of the Dugger girl's wedding dates were randomly selected.

Yea I was thinking that as well.  It rather skivs me out.

2 hours ago, Jatalie1996 said:

I knew I couldn't be the only one who immediately thought "NIKE!" when I saw that pic.

I absolutely agree. Somehow all the cult rules about "modesty" go out the window once a woman is pregnant. At that point, it seems to be fine for women to wear tight clothes that reveal the breasts and the belly.

Just another example of this cult's irrationality and inconsistency, maybe. Or maybe it's because, once the woman is pregnant, she is self-evidently "owned," so to speak, by a specific man, and so maidenly modesty is no longer necessary(?).

And could that "congratulations" video from MEE-chelle and Jim-Boob be any more annoying? WHO CARES if this is grandchild #10?? I'm pretty sure, in a few more years, they won't even be able to remember their grandchildren's names.

To me, the fact that this is grandchild #10 just suggests horrible Malthusian visions of Duggar genes taking over the world. Sensible, progressive people limit the number of children they have. Fascist nutcases like the Duggars and their spawn multiply without limit. Soon, just by virtue of numbers, they will run the world--if there is a world left to run.

Ok, sorry--clearly I need to get off my soapbox. But I really loathe this cult.

Just the other day I was wondering which Schrodinger's Uterus would reveal its status next. Now we know.

36 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Is the photo of Jinger on the left making a statement? Maybe sympathy for possible infertility?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived