IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Attending Conferences and Getting Pregnant

Coconut Flan

1 minute ago, kachuu said:

I didn't want to be the first one who said it but HOLY SHIT BATMAN. And then i saw the belly..

I know!!!! My second thought was how ginormous they will be once she's breastfeeding. My back hurts just thinking about it.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BeccaGrim said:

Do you think its because Jill is suing the magazines in the lawsuit against them for exposing them about Josh? 

No one is suing People, and Joy is also suing everyone Jill is.

Oh Joy. I haven't followed much lately, came here after seeing the announcement on people. 

I havent really followed other duggar spawning but I hope there is a limit on her having children.  

18 minutes ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

I just watched the video, and the various belly shots. Based on how round and high her belly is, I'd  say this probably was a honeymoon baby and she's around 4 months. Unless she has twins, but they probably would've said.

It's entirely possible that they haven't had an ultrasound yet and therefore could be having twins and just not know it.

3 hours ago, foreign fundie said:

Ok, I'll say it. Congratulations for expecting a much wanted baby. Yes, I abhor the cult this baby will be born into an Joy has not had many options in life to choose from. But let's face it. The parents are legal adults, healthy, financially stable, in love, and this kid is really welcome. I could think of worse things that could have happened.

Yes. They're going to be fine. Good luck to them, sincerely. 

53 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

Do you think they have gotten to the point where they are timing their cycles so that they pick a wedding date to be on or close to their ovulation cycle - so they can plan to get pregnant the first time they have sex? 

I wouldn't doubt it. 

I'm disappointed but not surprised to read that Joy is pregnant.  I can't even find it in myself to be happy for her and Austin.  They are both so young, especially Joy.   I know when I was 19, there was no way I was ready to be a mother...I totally wasn't mature enough mentally or emotionally to do it.  

Her smile looks different. Kinda like how when someone is adamant about getting the perfect shot, but your totally over it. Same with Austin. 

21 minutes ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

I know!!!! My second thought was how ginormous they will be once she's breastfeeding. My back hurts just thinking about it.

Oh geez! Those things look huge already. She's about to get uncomfortable real fast.

58 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

Do you think they have gotten to the point where they are timing their cycles so that they pick a wedding date to be on or close to their ovulation cycle - so they can plan to get pregnant the first time they have sex? 

Or maybe they are having a contest to see who  gets pregnant the fastest.    (Jinger 'loses'!)   

In Preparing to Be a Helpmeet, Debi Pearl gives tips on how to plan your wedding so you won't have your period then (but she mentions that if you don't want to get pregnant, you should talk about contraception which surprised me a little). But yeah I think this is definitely possible that they plan it that way. With a three-months-engagement, this should be possible. 

1 hour ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Actually, there was a comment once that bothered me: Some people told me, I should reconsider becoming a teacher because my students wouldn't respect me once they were taller than me which starts in 7th grade for some (I teach kids from ages 10 to 19). I so proved them all wrong. Those tall kids can be very respectful and nice and they get stuff for me from the top shelf without me even having to ask. 

1 of my teacher friends is 4'9" and teaches high school. She said at 1st most students (and teachers) thought she was a fellow student, but she's in her 40's now and teaches AP Chem & AP Physics, so all Jr's & Sr's with an occasional Sophomore, they are all taller than her, and she does just fine.

3 hours ago, JesSky03 said:

I'm a little jealous pregnancy happens so easy for all them but more annoyed that I have a good chance of sharing a due date with Duggar. 

Join the club.

In 2015, I had the exact same due date as Jessa when she was pregnant with Spurgeon. I had my son a week before her (funny enough named Henry). Now I am due February 20, which puts me at just over 15 weeks and another Duggar gets knocked up right on cue.

I know a lot of people are saying this isn't bad, Austin is the most financially stable husband, and so on. Frankly that really isn't true. Derrick (UGH) was actually the most promising "on paper" when he knocked up a Duggar 5 mins after the wedding ceremony. A guy with a great university degree, a licensed accountant working for a huge company. Nobody here could foresee what he'd become. I don't get the weird vibe from Austin, but let's not pop open the champagne bottles. We're not that naive anymore.

Or maybe they are having a contest to see who  gets pregnant the fastest.    (Jinger 'loses'!)   

This is what I was coming on here to ask too!! You would think they would want some time alone (finally!) to enjoy one another before babies but whatever. I've always thought the idea of being a newlywed with morning sickness sounded horrible but hey, it's their life, not mine.

25 minutes ago, Timetraveler said:

For names I am guessing something like Jack or Hudson or Wilder. Yes, no girl names.

Knowing Austin has 2 older sisters, I'm going to guess they have a girl, unless she's having twins, then its one of each. 

No they won't know if she's having twins until their gender u/s, because they are stupid and will use her idiot not a midwife sister who risks her own babies life to deliver at home. And if muffin can't figure out her own baby is transverse she won't be able to tell if someone is having twins.

1 minute ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

1 of my teacher friends is 4'9" and teaches high school. She said at 1st most students (and teachers) thought she was a fellow student, but she's in her 40's now and teaches AP Chem & AP Physics, so all Jr's & Sr's with an occasional Sophomore, they are all taller than here, and she does just fine.

I once almost got kicked out of the teacher's lounge (Is that what it's named in English?) of my then new school because they thought I was a student. I thought it was really funny. By now they know me. 

Yeah, the problem with planning your wedding for the point in your cycle when you're least likely to have your period is that it also coincides with the point in your cycle when you're most likely to get pregnant. Which obviously isn't a 'problem' for fundies, but it does mean that they're not necessarily all planning their wedding with an eye to getting pregnant on their honeymoon. It could just be a side effect of trying to make sure they're not on their their period on their wedding day/night, which (to me) is totally understandable.

For comparison's sake, here's Jillys bump photos. I'd say Joy is either showing way more (holy boobs) or she really is at around 16 weeks.

baby bump with website.png

Don't they have some weird rule about not only abstaining from sex for the time of their period but also for one week after that? If they start right after that they are bound to get pregnant easily. 

Just now, cptbailey said:

For comparison's sake, here's Jillys bump photos. I'd say Joy is either showing way more (holy boobs) or she really is at around 16 weeks.

baby bump with website.png

Jill is also sticking out her belly in nearly every shot.

I am kind of shocked at Joy's size...like I said I am just over 15 weeks with my second, I started showing super early this time, like 9 weeks and she looks like she's a month ahead of me. Crazy.

1 minute ago, cptbailey said:

Well, the boobs are the first things to pop, really. And she was already chestier than her sisters, so not surprising at all. That isn't indicative of how far along you are. it happens by 8 weeks usually.

Jill is taller and has a completely different body type than Joy. I think that accounts for the difference. She can't be more than 15 weeks pregnant, and I'm guessing she's more like 12.

I'm not really surprised they got a honeymoon baby, and I can honestly see them planning weddings around ovulation. However, of all the couples they may be the youngest, but they and JinJer are actually the most financially stable and ready to have a baby in that regard even if they are going to have to grow up fast. My husband and I were married 9 months when we had a pregnancy surprise that we found out on my 23rd birthday. We knew we would not seek an abortion and it was a steep learning curve when our daughter arrived, but I think it would be at any age. We would have liked longer to be just us and to get ourselves set financially but we were fine. The worry with these couples in that they've litrrally only just started spending real time together and suddenly they are awaiting a baby and that's a lot of pressure so early in a marriage. I bet JinJer are glad they're so far away to not have to face daily questions and glances over their current non-pregnant status. (PLEASE GOD can there not be a Duggar news cluster with M5 and Jinjer #1, M5 and JoKen marriage will do.)

Joy just posted this on Instagram!! I didn't think she looked that big in the previous pics but i do now! 

IMG_1817.PNG

Also, this is Sue radford (the woman who's pregnant with her 20th!) this pic is from early May and she still hasn't had the baby yet (I think she's 35 weeks) so some people just show a whole lot

IMG_1819.PNG

Damn Joy looks big. I think she's gonna be the first daughter to have twins. She's what 15-16 weeks along? That  can't be a single baby.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived