IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Attending Conferences and Getting Pregnant

Coconut Flan

1 minute ago, nst said:

ok finally figured out that I have to press the button to move the pictures.  She is huge and it's a girl 

so she was pregnant on the special what a  week if she is 24 weeks? 

lol she literally cannot be 24-weeks. max 16-weeks, if they have a honeymoon baby. My guess is 12-14 since conception. You start getting brain development that early, though not super well.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Jill must be excited, this is her first grandchild.

I feel like she'd be jealous if Joy has a girl. I kinda want to see that. 

(I actually want Joy to have a bunch of boys, partly so no sistermoms, and partly because I want my pet fundie (Jinger) to have the first girl)

I've got to say, I saw this news elsewhere and came to FJ to see what people here were saying and I was relieved to see that I was not the only one whose attention was drawn to a certain part of that picture... or should I say parts. I barely noticed anything else in the picture because they were so distracting.

(Boobs. I'm talking about boobs.)

Oh boy.

I look forward to 6 months of "maybe it's twins!", the inevitable group shot of Joy, Jinger, Jessa and Kendra with their various sized bumps,and Joy's very excited updates so the pregnancy feels like it's never ending.

I sincerely hope her pregnancy and birth go smoothly. 

Of course it's not surprising. But it's sad in part because these kids barely know each other when they get married, and throwing a baby into the mix immediately makes it hard for an independent relationship to form between the couple. Maybe Joy and Austin are in a better position than most because they've been friends for a long time, but they still haven't know each other romantically for very long.

Given her age and how indoctrinated indoctrinated she seems, I agree that Joy will be the one to give Michelle a run for her money.

3 hours ago, Nefernandes15 said:

OMG I'm not in shock but she's 19,she's my age... September I'm going to college and she's going to have a baby... Its so sad... 

#2 son has just turned 20. He is a few months older than Joy. A '97 baby. He is off out this evening to have drinks and fun for a friend's birthday, totally unchaperoned (gasp!!). He has a job he enjoys, is thinking about college next year and enjoying life. 

I just can't fathom bring a mother-in-law yet.

4 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

#2 son has just turned 20. He is a few months older than Joy. A '97 baby. He is off out this evening to have drinks and fun for a friend's birthday, totally unchaperoned (gasp!!). He has a job he enjoys, is thinking about college next year and enjoying life. 

Exactly... I turned 19 on August 13th, I have a boyfriend we are together since 16, I'm excited about college, I'm so happy to do something I like, I like to go out with my friends...but having a baby, now?? My parents would kill me... 

5 hours ago, karen77 said:

since she is at most 15 weeks, highly unlikely.

Untrue. I am 14 weeks pregnant and have known it was a girl since 14 weeks. It's not that uncommon anymore

I will grant that it is probably unlikely for a Duggar though. I really hope Joy is getting prenatal care and doesn't try for a home birth. 

15 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

My son will be 20 a month after Joy.  He just got a full time job and is preping to move into his 1st apartment Nov 1st with  a friend.  I'm so not ready for grand babies and I'm 47 today. 

3 minutes ago, KnittingOwl said:

Untrue. I am 14 weeks pregnant and have known it was a girl since 14 weeks. It's not that uncommon anymore

I will grant that it is probably unlikely for a Duggar though. I really hope Joy is getting prenatal care and doesn't try for a home birth. 

Is it common to find out that early?  We were told we could ask for genetic testing, but it wasn't really recommended unless a problem was likely . . . 

And it wasn't covered by insurance. 

Also came here to share my feelings. Here they are: 

I'm happy for them because contrary to some other couples (*cough all of them*) these guys seem rather mature, with a solid life plan in place, and a common vision. 

However, I am somewhat older than Joy and it's crazy to think that the most exciting and only thing that will happen in her life is now basically over. Once this kid is born, that's it. She's experienced all she ever will, and the rest of her life will be a rinse repeat. That's what I can't get over. It breaks my heart. 

37 minutes ago, llg1234 said:

He could say that he plans to leave the number of children up to the Lord and still use condoms or NFP. After all, G*d is all powerful and a piece of rubber/pesky science wouldn't get in the way if he really wanted them to be pregnant. :)

(ik not all fundies think this way, but with enough mental gymnastics, I'm sure JB's application could be filled out in a way that please him but still isn't outright lying)

This is my feeling on the "application" as well. There are ways to get around that question where they could still be telling the truth. Nothing is fail prove anyway. I have heard this year alone of two cases of surprise babies years after the women got their tubes tied. Both babies were still very loved and accepted even though they were so unexpected.

Her life isn't over.  People do things after having kids.  People even leave cults with kids in tow.  Its harder, and less likely, but possible.  I won't give up on her yet.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Joy is pregnant and already showing, but, well ... I guess Me'chelle and Boob are very happy.  

The doctrine they didn't follow themselves but pushed down their kids throat wins again.   

4 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

Is it common to find out that early?  We were told we could ask for genetic testing, but it wasn't really recommended unless a problem was likely . . . 

And it wasn't covered by insurance. 

I'm over 35, so the cell free fetal DNA test was covered by insurance. I think I have to pay $75. I would say it is fairly common for people I know, but most of my friends are around the same age as I am. I think it's also being used more often as the technology advances. 

I feel stupid as I've actually given birth but am too lazy to google. What is this 2 free weeks thing people are talking about? How could Joy possibly be further along than the length of her marriage, without premarital sex?  I don't get it and hope someone takes pity on me and explains.

5 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

Her life isn't over.  People do things after having kids.  People even leave cults with kids in tow.  Its harder, and less likely, but possible.  I won't give up on her yet.

I hope they are still able to do things with their lives after 20 kids and before grandchildren arrive.  Alternatively they could just sail off into the sunset and never look after the grandkids!!! 

Joking aside, it will be interesting to see how many Duggerling offspring and their families stay tied up in this ridiculous lifestyle. 

2 minutes ago, Kailash said:

I feel stupid as I've actually given birth but am too lazy to google. What is this 2 free weeks thing people are talking about? How could Joy possibly be further along than the length of her marriage, without premarital sex?  I don't get it and hope someone takes pity on me and explains.

Pregnancy is measured from the start of the last period.  So one is almost never actually pregnant for 40 weeks (well Jill was) but rather for 38.   This is because its hard to know exactly when conception was.  Its actually possible to measure more accurately than that now, but the Duggars wouldn't because it requires proper medical care.  But even when you know exactly when conception happened you say you are 2 more weeks pregnant than that, so it measures up to what is the understood development of the fetus. 

Just now, aprilx said:

I think Joy is 10 weeks pregnant, from how she described the development so far .

I'm curious what you mean, can you expound on that?

That hashtag makes me think of a Harry Potter quote.. 'wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure'-Rowena Ravenclaw.... I like my quote better than hers. 

17 minutes ago, FundieCentral said:

However, I am somewhat older than Joy and it's crazy to think that the most exciting and only thing that will happen in her life is now basically over. 

I never though about it like that, you are right, it´s so sad. She is 19 and nothing "new" will happen to her again.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived