IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Attending Conferences and Getting Pregnant

Coconut Flan

2 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

I'm curious what you mean, can you expound on that?

On her instagram she says the baby's organs are in place and it has fingers and toes, the earliest foetal development could be described in this way is at 10 weeks. 

So I guess due date march 22 nd :)

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, aprilx said:

On her instagram she says the baby's organs are in place and it has fingers and toes, the earliest foetal development could be described in this way is at 10 weeks. 

So I guess due date march 22 nd :)

She also says it has brain waves (24 weeks) and finger prints (22 weeks) so I don't think she knows about the stages of fetal development.  I think she is just misinformed.  

1 minute ago, seasonsoflife said:

I never though about it like that, you are right, it´s so sad. She is 19 and nothing "new" will happen to her again.

Hopefully she has years of life ahead of her yet and will one day wake up from her kool-aid coma, realise that the world is a huge interesting place, send her kids off to school and college, then take off into the sunset with or without Austin and have loads of adventures. Hope you are listening  Rufus?:moose:.

1 hour ago, justoneoftwo said:

I never blame anyone for announcing early.  It's happy news.  And if something goes wrong why do we hide miscarriages?  I announced to friends and family just about the day I found out.  I announced in my professional circle earlier than I would have liked, but thats because not drinking where I am from is a weirdly big thing. 

Announcing early isn't wrong, just like choosing to wait isn't wrong either. Choosing to grieve a miscarriage publicly isn't wrong and can be a very brave choice, but it's certainly not the right choice for everyone. It's an incredibly personal loss to experience and many people have no clue how to console someone going through it. 

No woman should feel forced or guilted into revealing anything she isn't comfortable revealing. 

1 hour ago, Snarkle Motion said:

I've always suspected that Jill miscalculated her due date hence the two due dates she reported having for herself. I think Jill may have just assumed she got pregnant on her wedding night after her first time having sex because god was "rewarding" her and Derick for being so great and made her pregnant right away. She didn't get a more accurate due date until late in he pregnancy because she wasn't getting great prenatal care.

Her two due dates were based off the fact that most babies are born within ten days of their due dates. Jill clearly stated early in her pregnancy that she was keeping a later date in mind so she wouldn't get discouraged or upset if she went late. 

1 minute ago, VelociRapture said:

Announcing early isn't wrong, just like choosing to wait isn't wrong either. Choosing to grieve a miscarriage publicly isn't wrong and can be a very brave choice, but it's certainly not the right choice for everyone. It's an incredibly personal loss to experience and many people have no clue how to console someone going through it. 

No woman should feel forced or guilted into revealing anything she isn't comfortable revealing. 

Of course they should not be guilted, and I'm sorry if it seemed I was guilting people.  People react differently and it should be respected.  I'm sorry for not being clear on that.  

1 hour ago, AreYouThereGothard? said:

When should we expect Josh's brain waves to develop?

About the same time that Derick's do. In other words, don't hold your breath. 

6 hours ago, SeekingAdventure said:

well, maybe Annas baby is not expected before the wedding, but Joy is clearly showing already? Thats the only reason I could think of... So wedding soon, M5 not so soon?

How about diverting the news from Derelict's latest social media stumble?

32 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Joking aside, it will be interesting to see how many Duggerling offspring and their families stay tied up in this ridiculous lifestyle. 

Money- the great equalizer, motivator and stimulator- when the money runs out, the quiverful BS will end.

20 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

She also says it has brain waves (24 weeks) and finger prints (22 weeks) so I don't think she knows about the stages of fetal development.  I think she is just misinformed.  

Hmm I just checked my Ovia app because the fingerprint thing sounded familiar. Around when I was 13 weeks it said baby was developing fingerprints. I've done no further research so take that as you will. 

I work at a major university, and this week is move-in week. One of the major freshman dorms is right next door to my office, and there's 18/19 year olds swarming everywhere, equally excited and annoying. With this backdrop, the announcement today made me all that much more sad for Joy and the 0.0 choices she has in life :(.

5 hours ago, kachuu said:

I didn't want to be the first one who said it but HOLY SHIT BATMAN. And then i saw the belly..

lol Same. They were the first thing I noticed (in a jealous way haha). It's amazing how differently bodies handle pregnancy. I was carrying twins and started showing around 10 weeks, but I was stick thin before pregnancy (anxiety from infertility, whee!!). Joy looks great though, even if I'm sad she's 19 and knocked up.

Did they really say "Jesus answers prayers"??? How long were they praying to get pregnant for, an hour?

You know, by the time Joy gives birth there's a very good chance that Jessa or Kendra could be pregnant. It could be decades before there's another time without Duggar grandchildren gestating.

7 minutes ago, twinmama said:

lol Same. They were the first thing I noticed (in a jealous way haha).

I knew I couldn't be the only one who immediately thought "NIKE!" when I saw that pic.

3 hours ago, danni9242 said:

The worry with these couples in that they've litrrally only just started spending real time together and suddenly they are awaiting a baby and that's a lot of pressure so early in a marriage

If it really is a honeymoon baby, they had all of half a day being married before getting pregnant! They got literally NO time alone together before a third person entered the conversation. That's just crazy to me. And the way those hormones can change you, Austin will barely get to know the real Joy. Though I guess hormonal Joy is who she'll be until menopause because she's probably going to be pregnant, postpartum, or nursing until then! Blech.

40 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

-snip-

Amen.  I needed to be able to grieve, and talk through my loss when I had a missed miscarriage.  Six years ago on Friday to be exact (when we found out).  Honestly the thought of announcing as soon as I knew, didn't seem weird to me the first time - but also had NO CLUE how prevalent loss was.  And I found lots of support through my grieving process after the fact.

But when I had the opportunity to go through my second pregnancy  (and eventual first born), we chose to wait to share.  Not for my sake really, but because I did feel bad for other family members who grieved as well.  I felt like I was sparing them by waiting to share.  

Share it early, great.  Wait to share, perfectly fine.  It's all good.  So just seconding, that there's no wrong way to share, or grieve IMHO

13 minutes ago, albireo said:

Did they really say "Jesus answers prayers"??? How long were they praying to get pregnant for, an hour?

I always end up cringing a bit when people say this.  I understand what they mean, and I'm certain they are merely celebrating their news.  But honestly, the flipside to these statements kinda come across as "see how special I am?  HE answered what I asked for!!1!1! . . . Oh he didn't answer yours?  Guess you didn't pray hard enough."  Ughhhhhh

7 minutes ago, twinmama said:

If it really is a honeymoon baby, they had all of half a day being married before getting pregnant! They got literally NO time alone together before a third person entered the conversation. That's just crazy to me. And the way those hormones can change you, Austin will barely get to know the real Joy. Though I guess hormonal Joy is who she'll be until menopause because she's probably going to be pregnant, postpartum, or nursing until then! Blech.

Some men have pregnancy fetishes.  Patriarchal Christians take this to the next level though <______<

Of course it's not a surprise. But this is kind of hitting me hard personally. I started TTC back in early spring and found out about Joy's wedding just as I was about to start my fourth month of trying. And I thought, "it's going to really really suck if Joy-Anna is pregnant before me." Turns out she might have already been! And I am still not. 

For her sake, I really do hope Jinger is engaging in some family planning. It would be so very hard to watch your baby sister get pregnant so easily if that is something you've been desiring. 

45 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

You know, by the time Joy gives birth there's a very good chance that Jessa or Kendra could be pregnant. It could be decades before there's another time without Duggar grandchildren gestating.

Which is why I don't understand what TLC thinks the wedding/birth specials are worth? I'm not privy to the viewership numbers since Jessa's wedding special but they can't be that great. There will literally be a Duggar getting married or pregnant for the next 40 years, this is hardly newsworthy or special.

I guess I can see that this is a happy thing for Joy. :5624798748278_meh._.:   If it is what you have been raised to do, why not start as soon as possible?  The fact that she was younger than the 4 in the "big girl group" probably meant that she was looking up to them her whole life and wishing that she could be doing all the neat-o big-girl stuff they were doing (even if it was fundie big-girl stuff, it was still big-girl stuff to her nonetheless.)  Since they (except Jana) are forever getting asked to court! And holding hands!  And getting engaged! And side hugs! And the shopping for the wedding dress!  And the very special wedding episode! And the People cover! And the very special honeymoon episode! And babies!

I have a son Joy's age and I just cannot fathom wishing this for him right now.

Contrary to popular belief, I think Josh HAS brainwaves, they're just very simple, selfish, one-track, and likely stunted.

I had a feeling Jill's daughter buddy would get pregnant as soon as possible just like jillymuffin. That said, with the first few duggar daughter pregnancies I had a small interest, even though I didn't care much for the parents. This one, I don't need have the slightest curiosity for. All they do is have kids. It's the same tired storylines over and over and over and over.  we get tiny, occasional glimmers of hope for the babies ("this one has a chance to go to college like his dad !" that get shot down quick when their parent does something idiotic. (Rich, hateful guy asks people worse off  than him to pay for his unaccredited classes because he's not willing to work himself)etc.

I cant pretend to care another duggar daughter is pregnant. Let me know when one goes to college or dates an atheist or gets a real job.

#bored

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived