IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Attending Conferences and Getting Pregnant

Coconut Flan

First I have to say babies are an amazing gift and a happy event. But she went from having a chaperone at all times to being married and allowed sweet fellowship. Now she is pregnant and possibly having morning sickness, aches etc. Will she still be expected to be joyfully available for her husband? After delivery is breastfeeding, which is demanding of the mother. My point is that she is just starting a cycle of give birth, breastfeed, repeat. She is just coming into herself as a woman and the baby train is on the express track. Just sad due to her young age. 

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, SeekingAdventure said:

Has anyone of you seen the announcement. I dunno if it is just my imagination, but didn't Austin say he's hoping or thinking it is a girl and then they refered to the baby as 'him'. Is it possible they already know now? 

It sounded to me like he kept saying "'em" like as in "them".

3 hours ago, Mela99 said:

Well. I'm jealous. But it's not like this wasn't expected. So ... glad Joy is happy. 

I got a little jealous too...but then again, I spent my prime baby making years fertility-wise getting an education and learning about myself and figuring our what i wanted in a partner and what kind of life I wanted to lead...yo know... all that meaningless stuff. 

Also, can you imagine getting pregnant on your first few "attempts" at sex. That is insane.

1 hour ago, prayawaythefundie said:

I'm 5'1". That is short. I'm sorry to hear that people are giving you a hard time about your size, be it intentional or not. People never do that to me. Maybe I'm just lucky. Maybe I'm so short that they don't tease me for it out of sympathy. Maybe it's because I really don't care. I accepted it a long time ago. It's something that I can't change and it affects my life in a lot of situations. It's not something I never address, it's not a taboo but it does not define me. I'm short and always will be but it is not all that I am.

Actually, there was a comment once that bothered me: Some people told me, I should reconsider becoming a teacher because my students wouldn't respect me once they were taller than me which starts in 7th grade for some (I teach kids from ages 10 to 19). I so proved them all wrong. Those tall kids can be very respectful and nice and they get stuff for me from the top shelf without me even having to ask. 

I have that same issue, I use it to get nasty restaurant or store managers to let me use the restroom when I really need to pee :pb_biggrin:.  Just stick your tummy out and rub it a little, like Jill or Audrey Roloff . 

Anyways, I read this news and sighed so hard I almost asked for a ventilator...so depressing. 

1 hour ago, OyToTheVey said:

I'm 34 and I still act like a child sometimes. Being an adult is hard. If I want to have cereal for dinner while watching cartoons, it's good for my sanity.

I say that's the biggest perk of being an adult. That no one can tell you what to eat and what to watch. :)

Not surprised about the baby news. I just hope that Jinger is happy she is not pregnant yet because I remember the pain when my younger sister announced while we were trying. 

30 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

1 of my teacher friends is 4'9" and teaches high school. She said at 1st most students (and teachers) thought she was a fellow student, but she's in her 40's now and teaches AP Chem & AP Physics, so all Jr's & Sr's with an occasional Sophomore, they are all taller than her, and she does just fine.

That's funny. My old Hebrew School teacher who is also the Cantor's wife is a very short woman. The joke among the kids now if your were shorter then Mrs Kaplan in the beginning of the year, by June you will probably be taller then her. 

People do, of course, just carry differently. There's a model, Sarah Stage, who barely looked pregnant at all with her first child. She got a lot of judgmental comments about that but she had a healthy, 9-lb baby. She's pregnant again and this (warning, nude photo, though she is covering herself so it's not explicit) is what she currently looks like 8 months pregnant. I'm pretty sure that if I just ate a large meal I would look bigger than her at 8 months pregnant.

Just to jump in on the height talk: I had a late growth spurt around 20 and went from 5'0" to 5'3". I was really sad because I looooved being impishly short... I felt like I rocked that look! Now I just feel like a normal person who isn't as good at "normal-ing." To each their own. People do need to shut up when they think they're being clever with comments you've heard eleventy times. That behavior is always annoying.

Re Joy: what a surprise!... not. It comforts me that Austin seems like the most responsible provider of the male spouses. It terrifies me to think where Joy will be in life 5 or 10 years from now... but at this point, I think I'm more interested in how the kidult Duggars will be 4-6 children in rather than on the first few. It's probably all rainbows and butterflies for Joy right now.

She has been married 13 weeks 5 days.  So if it is a honeymoon baby, and she has an average cycle its likely she is 16 weeks pregnant, right?

I hope Joy's headship allows her to purchase comfortable, well-fitted, supportive bras to see her through the inevitable string of pregnancies and nursing.

1 hour ago, prayawaythefundie said:

I'm 5'1". That is short. I'm sorry to hear that people are giving you a hard time about your size, be it intentional or not. People never do that to me. Maybe I'm just lucky. Maybe I'm so short that they don't tease me for it out of sympathy. Maybe it's because I really don't care. I accepted it a long time ago. It's something that I can't change and it affects my life in a lot of situations. It's not something I never address, it's not a taboo but it does not define me. I'm short and always will be but it is not all that I am.

Actually, there was a comment once that bothered me: Some people told me, I should reconsider becoming a teacher because my students wouldn't respect me once they were taller than me which starts in 7th grade for some (I teach kids from ages 10 to 19). I so proved them all wrong. Those tall kids can be very respectful and nice and they get stuff for me from the top shelf without me even having to ask. 

I'm 4'10". I use that for my "fun fact" during ice breakers. I agree, I've come to accept that my height is a somewhat defining feature of me. I've had to learn to laugh at the fact that I'm the same height as the average 12 year old. 

I was a camp counselor last summer, and I worked with first graders solely because I wanted to be taller than all of the campers!

2 hours ago, pfled said:

The Bontrager + Bower TRIPLE WEDDING WEEKEND is this weekend, so I seriously doubt the Duggars would pick that same one.  (Seriously they're doing a dual wedding on Friday then another couple on Saturday. Two brothers are marrying two sisters, then another brother is marrying a different family's girl.)

Aren't the Maxwells visiting the Bontragers this weekend.

2 minutes ago, NakedKnees said:

I think I'm more interested in how the kidult Duggars will be 4-6 children in rather than on the first few. It's probably all rainbows and butterflies for Joy right now.

The advantage the kidults have over their parents is that if they stay living close enough they will have J-Slaves aplenty until their first few are big enough to have a buddy and will probably still get help after that.

It will be interesting to see what happens for Duggars who move away (will they dare after Josh?) If they have a large brood. Jill and Derrick certainly seemed to have a bumpy ride with just Israel as new parents who got a honeymoon baby because being a live in babysitter doesn't prepare you that much (unless you're Jana who ACTUALLY runs the whole situation).

Just now, danni9242 said:

The advantage the kidults have over their parents is that if they stay living close enough they will have J-Slaves aplenty until their first few are big enough to have a buddy and will probably still get help after that.

It will be interesting to see what happens for Duggars who move away (will they dare after Josh?) If they have a large brood. Jill and Derrick certainly seemed to have a bumpy ride with just Israel as new parents who got a honeymoon baby because being a live in babysitter doesn't prepare you that much (unless you're Jana who ACTUALLY runs the whole situation).

They are running out of J-slaves though.  The younger. ones are not ready or trained.  Janna can only break one place at a time.  If they have to train the younger ones that may be more work than taking care of the littles themselves. 

39 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Don't they have some weird rule about not only abstaining from sex for the time of their period but also for one week after that? If they start right after that they are bound to get pregnant easily. 

Yes, I think so.  So they are trying to conceive when they are having sex.

1 minute ago, Greendoor said:

@Timetraveler -  I wish them and all their relatives  Boys and only boys, forever and ever. Amen.

Amen.

At least 3-4 boys born in short order with no girls should be a great deterrent. As high energy as possible.

14 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

She has been married 13 weeks 5 days.  So if it is a honeymoon baby, and she has an average cycle its likely she is 16 weeks pregnant, right?

Yes, you get two weeks for free. 

She looks just like me when I was 15 weeks with my first so I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt. Every woman carries differently and shouldn't be on trial for it. 

1 minute ago, justoneoftwo said:

They are running out of J-slaves though.  The younger. ones are not ready or trained.  Janna can only break one place at a time.  If they have to train the younger ones that may be more work than taking care of the littles themselves. 

Hannie is more than old enough now, she's 12 (in about 6 weeks), that is a big help, by the time Joy has #2 in 2 years Jenny will be 11 or almost 12. This is my prediction for 2020, Anna will have 6, Jessa will have 3 maybe 4, Jill will probably have or be having #3, Kendra will be working on #2, that is 15 kids under the age of 10, IF Jana isn't married, that leaves her Hannie, and Jenny to care for Jordyn, Josie and the 15 nieces and nephews. Even if Forsyth #1 is a girl it will be almost 10 years before she's of any REAL help.  I'm predicting these girls will slow down a bit since there are so many older gandsons, no sistermoms to help out just yet.

31 minutes ago, KeepingSweet said:

It sounded to me like he kept saying "'em" like as in "them".

I heard that too :)

In the instagram picture @VBOY9977 posted it looks like Joy may be sticking her belly out too. So then to me she does look really similar to Jill's 14 weeks. I bet its a honeymoon baby. They could also know by now, or soon, if she was carrying more than one baby. And my guess is they would've announced it with the pregnancy. So I think there's just one baby in there. 

I'm 5'2.5, and "healthy" (as my mother likes to say).  My older sister is 5'7" and the most she's ever weighed in her whole life was 150 lbs, just before she gave birth to my 10 lb nephew.

Still slightly bitter. :)

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived