IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Attending Conferences and Getting Pregnant

Coconut Flan

6 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

They are running out of J-slaves though.  The younger. ones are not ready or trained.  Janna can only break one place at a time.  If they have to train the younger ones that may be more work than taking care of the littles themselves. 

They have plenty big enough to cover all the housework and there are ones old enough that have done plenty of diapers. Plus, who needs Jana at their house when they can just load up in the minivan and release them into TTH and hope they come when they smell food and they're kept happy in the pack?

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not making fun or being ugly in any way when I say this.  I have large breasts and had a reduction 17 years ago.  She is only 19 years old.  I can't imagine what her breasts will be like after even baby No. 3 or 4.  I think she will be miserable.  None of the others (so far) are built like her.  I hope she can get a reduction one day if she wants to.  I also think her baby will be a girl and I think she will possibly have the most babies out of all of them, maybe even Michelle.

Just now, Ms. Squishels said:

I am not making fun or being ugly in any way when I say this.  I have large breasts and had a reduction 17 years ago.  She is only 19 years old.  I can't imagine what her breasts will be like after even baby No. 3 or 4.  I think she will be miserable.  None of the others (so far) are built like her.  I hope she can get a reduction one day if she wants to.  I also think her baby will be a girl and I think she will possibly have the most babies out of all of them, maybe even Michelle.

I'm so jealous. I actually saw a plastic surgeon but chickened out. One of my biggest regrets is not having a reduction. Lead to years of slouching and back pain.

4 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm predicting these girls will slow down a bit since there are so many older gandsons, no sistermoms to help out just yet.

By 2020 Mack will be 11, so Anna won't need a sistermom. She also seems like the most hands-on parent and she survived long stretches in DC without Jana/other help while the dirtbag was gallivanting around with strippers. Of all people, I think she can manage just fine without the J-slaves.

That only leaves Jessa, Jill and Joy locally. Jinger clearly won't have a huge brood by 2020 and doesn't live close enough for J-slave help to be practicable aside from Jana flying in now and then like she did to DC. Jill seems like she is totally over having kids, I doubt she'll have more than 3 by then. She also has the added benefit of Cathy being a super hands-on grandma. Jessa spends a lot of time at TTH and probably will be the heaviest user of J-slaves. Joy won't have more than 2 by 2020. All those grandsons could easily be unleashed at TTH and let run wild like the lost boys.

I don't see any of them slowing down until it's time to start homeschooling, which we all know they don't take seriously anyway. So probably not even then.

JimBob really might get his 200 next-generation ignoramuses.

5'3"  140 when I got pregnant.  I "showed" like her at 6 week.  Some of us just "blossom"!

I wil be kind and say she got pregnant in June.  The announcement is because 1) she can't really hide, 2) Mom (Jill) needs something to take the focus off her idiot husband, and 3) young people (especially those drunk on Kool-Aid) can hardly wait to announce that they have been successful in whatever it is they are trying to do. 

2 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

I don't see any of them slowing down until it's time to start homeschooling, which we all know they don't take seriously anyway. So probably not even then.

I think that you are right that they won't. Not only do they not take it that seriously they once again have an advantage over their parents. In the early days for Michelle it was proper round the table pencil and paper stuff before they got the computer room to do online programmes. The kidults can skip the early stage and fully rely on provided programmes and marking, and like Michelle did can probably delegate the overseeing of that under the guise of further 'training' for the older ones.

I never blame anyone for announcing early.  It's happy news.  And if something goes wrong why do we hide miscarriages?  I announced to friends and family just about the day I found out.  I announced in my professional circle earlier than I would have liked, but thats because not drinking where I am from is a weirdly big thing. If she is announcing early (it doesn't look like it) then good for her.  If not, good for her.  I hope they give us a due date so we aren't guessing all over the place like with M5, but really whatever makes them happy in that department.

5'7", weighed 125 when I got pregnant. Showed like that at 3 months. Had one baby - she weighed 7 pounds even.

41 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I hope Joy's headship allows her to purchase comfortable, well-fitted, supportive bras to see her through the inevitable string of pregnancies and nursing.

And then Joy passes on the perks of such a device to her sisters: Jessa and Jill.

17 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

By 2020 Mack will be 11, so Anna won't need a sistermom. She also seems like the most hands-on parent and she survived long stretches in DC without Jana/other help while the dirtbag was gallivanting around with strippers. Of all people, I think she can manage just fine without the J-slaves.

Snip

I think Anna is a great mom, very gentle, very involved. Caring and compassionate. She almost seems normal. Then I remember she's married to Dirtbag and I can't help but feel a little sorry for her. I'm sure there would be a great man out there to love her and her children. But I digress...

What a pity.

And Joy. Seriously. She really takes after Jill, doesn't she?

I guess they had to announce to take the heat off of Derick . These people plan stuff like this announcement to bury other negative crap.

One thing I hope for Joy is that she will not be plagued by speculation that she got pregnant before the wedding, like Jill did because folks don't understand how a pregancy is calculated.  Maybe that is why they haven't released the due date yet? just a personal pet peeve because its something so easy to look up.

Also I hope she has someome with actual credintals to deliver the baby and it's not Jill, though I feel that is asking too much.

I do wonder though since none of the husbands were raised Quiverfull, and are the headships, why they seem to be fine with endless babies, with the jury still being out on Jinjer.

I have no doubt they are excited to have this baby, but the idea that he or she could easily just end up as a number and handed off for someone else to raise down the line is what upsets me, and goes for all of the reproducing Duggars. Plus the depressing idea that Joy could end up a grandmother by the time she's 40 and still having babies along with her oldest ala Michelle and Anna and that asshole she's married to.

6 minutes ago, bella8050 said:

I do wonder though since none of the husbands were raised Quiverfull, and are the headships, why they seem to be fine with endless babies, with the jury still being out on Jinjer.

I'd assume it's one of JimBob's prerequisites for dating his daughters - either the agreement to have as many babies as possible, or a good reason why not.

ah, the inevitable. I do think their announcement picture on insta is pretty cute, with the ice cream bowl! Could've done without the pro-life Jesus-y bits though lol. But they look super thrilled and in love in the pics and videos, and this child is clearly very wanted, I won't rag too much on it.   

I wonder if they know gender yet - or maybe they're waiting to find out? Joy's sibs have had a whole slew of boys so far, but Austin has only nieces on his family's side, so they'll be breaking a trend either way!

Name guesses, anyone? I love guessing/picking baby names lol. I don't think they'll do a super obvious theme or anything...but I could see them using lots of simple and classic or nature-y/southern-y type names. I'm going Hunter for a boy and Rose for a girl as my random unprecedented guesses :my_shy:

5 minutes ago, just...sare said:

I'd assume it's one of JimBob's prerequisites for dating his daughters - either the agreement to have as many babies as possible, or a good reason why not.

I'm curious as to what Jeremy's good reason is

ok finally figured out that I have to press the button to move the pictures.  She is huge and it's a girl 

so she was pregnant on the special what a  week if she is 24 weeks? 

5 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

Well if we believe this she is 24 weeks along . . .thats when brain waves develop. 

When should we expect Josh's brain waves to develop?

Just now, AreYouThereGothard? said:

When should we expect Josh's brain waves to develop?

Ladies and gentlemen, this person just won FJ.

1 minute ago, nst said:

ok finally figured out that I have to press the button to move the pictures.  She is huge and it's a girl 

so she was pregnant on the special what a  week if she is 24 weeks? 

She almost certainly is not 24 weeks, I think you may have been getting that from me, but I was joking about how they don't understand science.  It is most likely she is no more than 16 weeks along (assuming they waited for marriage).

11 minutes ago, bella8050 said:

One thing I hope for Joy is that she will not be plagued by speculation that she got pregnant before the wedding, like Jill did because folks don't understand how a pregancy is calculated.  Maybe that is why they haven't released the due date yet? just a personal pet peeve because its something so easy to look up.

I've always suspected that Jill miscalculated her due date hence the two due dates she reported having for herself. I think Jill may have just assumed she got pregnant on her wedding night after her first time having sex because god was "rewarding" her and Derick for being so great and made her pregnant right away. She didn't get a more accurate due date until late in he pregnancy because she wasn't getting great prenatal care.

Ok so she is quoting the Bible and talking (incorrectly) about the baby's development but she hasn't ACTUALLY gone as far as saying 'this is why you shouldn't abort/abortion is killing a person God designed'. It's following the family line of viewing and anouncing babies as special gifts from God. I have no doubt they are anti-choice but I don't think this post is particularly being used as an opportunity to blast pro-choicers/abortion.

3 minutes ago, AreYouThereGothard? said:

I'm curious as to what Jeremy's good reason is

He could say that he plans to leave the number of children up to the Lord and still use condoms or NFP. After all, G*d is all powerful and a piece of rubber/pesky science wouldn't get in the way if he really wanted them to be pregnant. :)

(ik not all fundies think this way, but with enough mental gymnastics, I'm sure JB's application could be filled out in a way that please him but still isn't outright lying)

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived