IGNORED

Lori Alexander 26: Fermented Pizza Crust Is More Important than Filling Her Empty Soul

Oh!  Hey Everybody!! I forgot to tell you that Lori posted another church video yesterday on IG. This time she posted it in her "story" so it disappears in a day. She had recorded the congregation singing one of her very favorite songs.  

I don't think I've ever seen a teenager have his/her phone out at church like Lori does. I've never seen ANYBODY take so many photos and videos during a church service. 

If a particular song touches me from church, and I absolutely must post about it, I will find it on YouTube and post from there with a few words about why I love that song. 

What is her obsession with proving to everybody that she has attended church that week?!?

*also - sorry I didn't not save it. I don't know how to save a video like that.  

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh!  Hey Everybody!! I forgot to tell you that Lori posted another church video yesterday on IG. This time she posted it in her "story" so it disappears in a day. She had recorded the congregation singing one of her very favorite songs.  

I don't think I've ever seen a teenager have his/her phone out at church like Lori does. I've never seen ANYBODY take so many photos and videos during a church service. 

*also - sorry I didn't not save it. I don't know how to save a video like that.  

I saw that and found it wildly inappropriate too. Nor would I want to be videoed by Lori while in church.

Worry not- you can't save vids like that unless you upload them yourself default_smile.png

5 hours ago, Koala said:

Too bad he didn't give her a more useful gift.

Common sense, humility, kindness, and human decency would have all been good ideas.  Giving such a cruel, ignorant woman the "gift" of teaching, hardly seems like a gift at all.

In order to have a gift or talent, you have to actually be good at it. Otherwise it isn't a real talent, just an imagined one. 

17 minutes ago, FundieFarmer said:

I saw that and found it wildly inappropriate too. Nor would I want to be videoed by Lori while in church.

Worry not- you can't save vids like that unless you upload them yourself default_smile.png

Ah!  Thanks!  But now I can't think of the song they were singing. I knew it and was actually singing it after watching; but now....ACK! I cannot remember what it was and it's driving me crazy!  

Ken would absolutely make my night if he'd pop on here and tell me what song they were singing so I could actually sleep tonight. 

Quite off-topic and relatively meaningless question going out to any speech-language pathologists out there:  I was just watch some of Lori's older videos and, does she have a lateral lisp?

8 minutes ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Hi, @usmcmom. Lori's song posted was In Christ Alone.

Sweet dreams!

SCHWEW!! *wipes brow* Thank you!!  Now I WILL sleep better. 

3 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I don't think I've ever seen anyone take pictures/video during a service. Is this a thing in some churches? (Besides the sort of services that are professionally recorded to put online or whatever, of course.) I'd imagine it would be fairly disruptive to the worship.

Our Choir director fussed at a couple of people yesterday for cell phones during rehearsal. He also fussed at folks for not being in place on time and stuff like that. However, he did say that it's summer, people get slack and we need to tighten up. Truth is, he's a great guy, fantastic director and has the ability to make us laugh and enjoy rehearsals. There's also some plan afoot for some sort of honoring all of us (there's about 40 of us) but he won't say a word. 

HOWEVER...I have NEVER seen anyone taking pictures or any of that other shite during the service...except when the children's choir performs...and like, I get that. I have videos of my kids and grandkids. However, generic pictures/video for shits and grins...umm...NO! Our services are recorded and live-streamed. 

My church's bulletin respectfully asks that we turn our devices off or put them on vibrate during the service.  I'd be surprised if Lori's church didn't have a similar policy.

Lori said in the comments yesterday that she "didn't need to show her kids empathy."

I just. Wow. How all four of them managed to escape serious, detrimental mental issues, I'll never know. I realize that at least one of them struggled with disordered eating, but she seemed to survive Lori's lack of empathy in tact and that's a fucking miracle.

Just now, Liza said:

Lori said:  Working outside in the world is a whole lot harder than working in the home if the children are disciplined and ...trained. My four children were in bed for two hours a day for naps so I could rest. If I was sick, my children played on the floor around me when they were young.

Oh my.  Red flag.  4 children in bed 2 hours a day at the same time?  Only way to make four children who are not "naturally tired" stay  in bed for 2  hours .. and all 4 at the same time is ... "discipline "and I know exactly the kind of "discipline" she is referring to!   The word "train" ... yep, this comes from "To Train Up A Child", by Michael Pearl.

And when your children get sick, this is  her "loving" advice

5992f0ad2782a_loriisheartless.thumb.jpg.d9399b07f66879792d6005f48f9f86b4.jpg

Just now, jerkit said:

Lori said in the comments yesterday that she "didn't need to show her kids empathy."

I just. Wow. How all four of them managed to escape serious, detrimental mental issues, I'll never know. I realize that at least one of them struggled with disordered eating, but she seemed to survive Lori's lack of empathy in tact and that's a fucking miracle.

When you give children empathy, you are teaching them to empathize and show compassion for others.  Got a lovely card from my daughter recently all about "empathy and compassion"  and its importance to her as a child and how it has enabled her to be a compassionate person herself. 

Lori, the Bible, is not the only (or even) ... a source of "truth". 

I'm in my mid sixties, and live alone. When sick, I've been known to mumble 'Mummmmmmy!'. Because that 's who comforted me most when I was ill. It doen't matter that she's been gone now for 18 years - that's who I want. Because she was a good, loving NORMAL Mum, who fussed over a sick child. And I still miss her.

I can't imagine Lori's kids remembering her in the same way.

(We also got Lucozade when we were ill - a glucose drink - and just the sight of a bottle makes me miss her even more.)

Just now, sawasdee said:

I'm in my mid sixties, and live alone. When sick, I've been known to mumble 'Mummmmmmy!'. Because that 's who comforted me most when I was ill. It doen't matter that she's been gone now for 18 years - that's who I want. Because she was a good, loving NORMAL Mum, who fussed over a sick child. And I still miss her.

I can't imagine Lori's kids remembering her in the same way.

(We also got Lucozade when we were ill - a glucose drink - and just the sight of a bottle makes me miss her even more.)

What a loving tribute to your Mom.  Hugs. 

I will say this: Parents, don't baby your kids when they are not injured that badly or very sick. 

My nephew's mother went into overdrive anytime one of her kids even fell down as a toddler. The kid would be in the process of getting up and going on when she would swoop in acting as if they had broken at least two limbs. Then the kid would think they were terribly hurt, reacting to mom, and the crying and screaming would begin and go on for 15 or 20 minutes with mom basically encouraging it. When nephew would skin his knee at 4 or 5, she would park him on the couch with his leg elevated and act like he was ill for the rest of the day. When he was sick, she'd keep him home for days...even after symptoms subsided. He got babied to the extreme over every little thing. So did his half-sister. And those kids have zero resiliency in their 20s and miss college classes and work days constantly because every minor thing requires a few days of recovery. 

Not to mention that nephew was with me for several weeks every summer and would get resentful at my putting a band-aid on a scraped knee and expecting him to continue his day. 

Just now, louisa05 said:

I will say this: Parents, don't baby your kids when they are not injured that badly or very sick. 

I completely understand this sentiment. I really do. 

But this is not what Lori is talking about. Lori is talking about locking the kid in a room when they're truly sick and not allowing them to make a peep. 

10 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

I thought of that too, it certainly can be overdone! Guess this one fits into the 'moderation in all things' category.

10 minutes ago, jerkit said:

I completely understand this sentiment. I really do. 

But this is not what Lori is talking about. Lori is talking about locking the kid in a room when they're truly sick and not allowing them to make a peep. 

Oh, I know it isn't. I've been reading Lori long enough, thank you. 

But all the talk that ensued here of "you absolutely must baby sick and injured kids"...well, a kid with pneumonia is different than a kid with a minor cold. A kid with a broken leg is different than a kid with a knee scrape. And when you baby the minor cold and the scraped knee, you end up with an adult who doesn't function when he gets a paper cut. 

56 minutes ago, jerkit said:

I wonder if they truly did escape serious mental issues.  My mother was very critical and judgmental of me as a child, and I could do nothing right.  I received no nurturing or positive reinforcement at all.  As an adult, she once told me that she was "unable to love me" as a child, and that she should have received therapy years ago.  Everything was always about her.  Anyway, I am now a middle-aged adult.  On the surface, I appear ok - two college degrees, no criminal background, etc.  However, I suffer from many emotional issues, and I have trouble trusting people, so I rarely get close to people, and I hide my insecurities.  People around me don't know about my anxieties.  I once had a co-worker tell me that she was glad that I didn't have all the drama in my life that many of our co-workers did, and she was glad that she didn't have to worry about me as well.  Little did she know...  And of course, I would never tell her the truth - I feel lots of shame about my background.

Anyway, I think that we really don't know how her kids are.  They were raised in an affluent area and were given many financial opportunities to be successful, and probably had good role models and expectations in the community.  So they turned out like many of the people around them.  However, that doesn't mean that they don't have mental issues.  We do know about the eating disorders, but I wouldn't be surprised if they have other issues that they can easily hide (especially on the internet) because they are successful professionally.  And we all know that Lori would hide anything like that - not because she has boundaries, but because it would make her look less than perfect.  I just don't think that a person can have Lori as a mother and be emotionally healthy without some help.

44 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Oh, I know it isn't. I've been reading Lori long enough, thank you. 

But all the talk that ensued here of "you absolutely must baby sick and injured kids"...well, a kid with pneumonia is different than a kid with a minor cold. A kid with a broken leg is different than a kid with a knee scrape. And when you baby the minor cold and the scraped knee, you end up with an adult who doesn't function when he gets a paper cut. 

Sorry, that came across condescending and that's not the way I mean it.

Just now, crawfishgirl said:

I just don't think that a person can have Lori as a mother and be emotionally healthy without some help.

This has got to be the understatment of the century!   We are, to be sure, only hearing/seeing the "outside" that she presents, and she does not present well or healthy at all. 

The family dynamics alone between her and Ken, the Fundamentalist mindset and "values", the " black and white", the child abuse ... does not bode well.  The problem is who recognizes there is a problem as Lori (and others) use the Bible to condone what they are doing. 

In the Phelps family, two chidlren and four grandchildren realized it and left.  But they are more extreme, to say the least.  So it can go one of two ways:  they either become repeats of her or they change.  I wonder how Lori would respond to her kids/grandkids actually leaving the "fold".

11 hours ago, So-Virgin-It-Hurts said:

Quite off-topic and relatively meaningless question going out to any speech-language pathologists out there:  I was just watch some of Lori's older videos and, does she have a lateral lisp?

Not a speech pathologist, but I have heard her voice and also Michelle Duggar's voice...  and I think it is that "sweet, syrupy" speech thing of the loving, sweet, soft-spoken submissive wifey" thing.  jmho.

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

My nephew's mother went into overdrive anytime one of her kids even fell down as a toddler. The kid would be in the process of getting up and going on when she would swoop in acting as if they had broken at least two limbs. Then the kid would think they were terribly hurt, reacting to mom, and the crying and screaming would begin and go on for 15 or 20 minutes with mom basically encouraging it. When nephew would skin his knee at 4 or 5, she would park him on the couch with his leg elevated and act like he was ill for the rest of the day. When he was sick, she'd keep him home for days...even after symptoms subsided. He got babied to the extreme over every little thing. So did his half-sister. And those kids have zero resiliency in their 20s and miss college classes and work days constantly because every minor thing requires a few days of recovery. 

Not to mention that nephew was with me for several weeks every summer and would get resentful at my putting a band-aid on a scraped knee and expecting him to continue his day. 

I worked in a daycare. If a child had a minor fall and would start getting back up looking at us almost like they were trying to decide if they were going to cry, we would smile and clap and cheer. Sounds silly, but they usually went back to playing like nothing happened.

13 hours ago, So-Virgin-It-Hurts said:

I'm not a trained professional, but my youngest has a lateral lisp. I don't hear it Lori's videos - but I rarely listen to Lori's videos. She's too annoying. Do you have a specific example? Is there a video where she says "church" or "jewelry"? Those are wretched for my daughter to pronounce.

I just listened to her video about turmeric. I think I'm hearing some rhotacism (w for r - like Kripke in Big Bang).

Reader:

When my kids are sick they stay on the couch where I can see them but I'm not stopping my life to hold them.

Her youngest child?  2 years old.  

Lori's response:

This is how we were. The sooner children learn that the world doesn't revolve around them and their needs, the better off they will be. 

Yes, Lori.  That's exactly how you were.  You didn't let your children's needs get in your way at all.

Lori:

My family rarely knew how much I was suffering 

Really?  Because you've posted a laundry list of things you refused to do because you were "too sick".  Not to mention the COUNTLESS blog posts about your illness, sickness, suffering, etc.  

And what about Cassi?  Did she realize how much you were suffering when you wanted to "make her feel real bad" for not putting potatoes in your soup?  Did your mother realize it when she was taking care of your children?  Or maybe your father.  Did he realize it as he sat massaging your filthy feet?

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived