IGNORED

Lori Alexander 26: Fermented Pizza Crust Is More Important than Filling Her Empty Soul

There is a lot of space between suffering in silence and being a royal PITA to those around you. Of course, Lori does not see nuance at all, it's black or white with her, which is so irksome.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Koala

I am watching the Escaping Polygamy series as I read here and what you posted wow...these polygamists would say the same thing....that others simply hate God.  This is the sort of stuff they tell you in these cults to brainwash you. 

Do you think its the conversation with vic that prompted this latest bout of suffering in silence. 

I think she can't stand it when people have the gall to call her out.  Pretty much anytime she gets a large number of people contradicting her, you can count on her making 2 or 3 posts in a row to defend her point.  

A mere two days ago, she said:

Teaching the truth and getting all the backlash from it doesn’t bother me in the least since I know this is expected

It doesn't bother her in the least, but look how quickly she made a follow up notebook doodle when people thought her "suffering in silence" doodle was shit.  It wasn't even scriptural, but she's somehow managed to convince herself that people who disagreed with her, are actually disagreeing with God himself.  And today?  Yet another post trying desperately to convince people that to disagree with her= disagreeing with God.

It's the same with her rants about not wanting book signings or large audiences.  Of course she wants those things.  Otherwise, she wouldn't even bother mentioning them.  

The most pitiful thing, is that she's desperately cruel and unhappy.  She's on (at least) an 8 week vacation, and she's wasting it posting ridiculous notebook scribbles to the internet.  She's wasting it deleting scripture, and making sure no one sees pictures of her in short shorts, on the very day she's posting about modesty.  She's wasting in "monitoring" the chat room for "a majority of the day.  That's pathetic.

21 hours ago, EmiGirl said:

I would be forever banned. My temp is about 99.7 all the time.

My temp runs in the 97.4 range the great majority of the time.  It's hard to get people to understand that a temp of 99-100 is actually high for me, since most people don't think a fever starts until 101.

4 minutes ago, Curious said:

My temp runs in the 97.4 range the great majority of the time.  It's hard to get people to understand that a temp of 99-100 is actually high for me, since most people don't think a fever starts until 101.

The funny thing is that I was like that when I was growing up and at some point it's changed. I remember having chills, sweating, skin crawling, etc when it was 99, but he past few months it's a steady 99 all the time.

6 hours ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Oh my. How traumatic for you, @Curious!  So glad your son has you for a loving, caring mother instead of Aunt Lori. ..... I'm sure she'd never understand that we good mamas don't leave our babies alone in hospital. 

He's still the same way.  I got a call a few weeks ago from my ex saying he (my son) might have a brain tumor and he was undergoing a CT scan as we spoke.   A few hours later I call to find out the results and it was "just West Nile Virus" :mouse-shock:

Poor kid inherited my luck when it comes to medical/health stuff :(

Her ignorance just astounds me.

Reader:

Maybe the hatred stems from the fact that not everything is so black and white, and perhaps not you but many in the Christian community think of anyone who isn't living the life they do as 'foolish' or 'bad'.
My husband has a disability that requires me to 'take the lead'. Submissive wouldn't work in our situation because he requires a lot of guidance and support. Do I fail for looking after my family and their specific needs

Lori:

You can still be submissive to him, Narelle, by making sure to do what pleases him and serving him; for this is the root of submission.

No sympathy, no entertaining the idea that submission might not work in their situation, nothing.  She just doubles down and insists that her way is *the* way.

1 hour ago, Curious said:

Me too!  I run a bit low, which is strange because I feel hot all the time.  I've had night sweats since 22!  

I'd love to comment on her post and ask about the nanny she had. If only someone would, but she would delete it and never respond guaranteed. Can't have anyone "distracting" from her "message", can we? No one can point out that she is the hypocrite queen. 

Does  Lori ever talk about sweet memories with her kids?  As babies?  So harsh.  I'm so happy I treated my infants the way I did.   I'm in the camp of you can't spoil an infant.  Nurse away little one, I won't hurt you.   Wanna play a bit after at 2am, ok, lets!  I just couldn't put them in crib when they would be all smiles and cooing!

I regret nothing, that time is long gone.  But, the bond it created has lasted and will last.  I love my kids so damn much, it  makes me cry to think of training them with threats and hitting.  I am guiding them, my children are kind , compassionate , smart, grounded, loved and polite.  I didn't have to beat them to make that happen.  

To threaten her grandbabies with god and snakes is bizzare.  Being a grandparent is the fun part since you don't have to raise them.  Just enjoy and spoil.  Hateful mean woman.  She's missing out.

1 hour ago, Beermeet said:

Me too!  I run a bit low, which is strange because I feel hot all the time.  I've had night sweats since 22!  

Me three.  A few years ago, I remember feeling hot and like total crap, and my temperature was only about 99.5.  It took me a few minutes to remember that I generally run in the 97s.

My husband is dyslexic, with a touch of the OCD that often accompanies it. Plus a dash of ADD and oh, he's also an HSP empath type. I would classify him as high needs. Some days he exhausts me. Don't get me wrong, he is NOT special needs. He's brilliantly smart. And oh so so creative. And kind, tender hearted, super laid back, slow to anger, loving, etc etc. he is just wired completely out of the box. Yea the whole me boss you servant doesn't cut it with him. He needs me at his side and in some situations a step ahead. 

We are egalitarian. I don't talk much about it. I've been made fun of when i do. People have said he has the vagina and I have the penis. Which absolutely is not true... 

On Lori's 8/16 post:

You don’t believe me? Ask people who they would rather be; Oprah Winfrey with her millions or Michelle Duggar with her nineteen children. Most would much rather have wealth than many children.

Does she seriously believe that Michelle Duggar doesn't have lots of money? She's made bucks off those kids. Not to mention supporting her molesting son and trying to control the narrative about everything thing that happens to that family.

I'm tired of people like Lori who choose to ignore bad behavior because they are ignorant in their belief that no one such as the Duggars could do anything wrong because they're "so Godly." 

Just using some very elementary GOGGLE TACTICS, I found this. 

Three and a half million dollars - maybe Lori thinks that's modest but we normal folks think that's a lot of money. 

IMG_8098.PNG

I don't think Lori  pays attention to certain things about the Duggars. 3 million is a lot of money.  While Boob and Mullett made money through real estate and other businesses they are better off in many ways because of TLC.  There are fundie families that dream of having 3 mil.

There has been a faction of the Duggar fanbase that are extremely stupid and they defend the Duggars to no end. I remember the infamous Diane Standherr, Linda Wildboar, and others on the 19kac Fb page. Some of them used to swear that the Duggars donated all of their TLC money to charities. Lori would believed a lot of the bullshit those idiot leghumpers used to spout.

If more Duggar scandals come out Lori would still defend them. I think there are still more skeletons in the Duggar closet. I wouldn't be surprised if Jessa/Ben or Derrick/Jill get into some kind of scandal involving shady business deals or donations for their "missionary trips".

1 hour ago, lilwriter85 said:

If more Duggar scandals come out Lori would still defend them. I think there are still more skeletons in the Duggar closet. I wouldn't be surprised if Jessa/Ben or Derrick/Jill get into some kind of scandal involving shady business deals or donations for their "missionary trips".

Oh, I think there's still a whole closet full of skeletons. The depths of JB and Josh's depravity has yet to be plumbed. I know there were some rumors that they'd visit a "gentlemen's club". A scandal about "donations" would probably be Derdouche and his dingleberry. 

6 hours ago, Beermeet said:

Does  Lori ever talk about sweet memories with her kids?  As babies?  So harsh.  I'm so happy I treated my infants the way I did.   I'm in the camp of you can't spoil an infant.  Nurse away little one, I won't hurt you.   Wanna play a bit after at 2am, ok, lets!  I just couldn't put them in crib when they would be all smiles and cooing!

I regret nothing, that time is long gone.  But, the bond it created has lasted and will last.  I love my kids so damn much, it  makes me cry to think of training them with threats and hitting.  I am guiding them, my children are kind , compassionate , smart, grounded, loved and polite.  I didn't have to beat them to make that happen.  

I've been wondering that too. I can't remember her ever recalling a sweet moment or marveling over a child's question or comment. Me, I'm now the classic boring grandma who can't shut up about the wise or funny things they say and do.

When my second daughter arrived at 21 months, she was a pissed off, hyperactive little fireball who had little use for me, couldn't sit still long enough to hear a story or watch a video, and didn't like to be touched. I used to sit by her bed and hold her hand after she went to sleep, hoping a little friendly contact would seep into her dreams, and also trying to feel closer to her myself.

Then she got a terrible case of chickenpox--weeping sores everywhere, fever, pain and itching. That slowed her down and broke through her defenses, and she spent hours lying on my chest between the oatmeal baths just saying over and over, "I'm really really sad." My heart broke for her, but it was the best thing for our relationship. I grew to be almost pleased that she was frequently sick as a little one, because those were the times she could accept mothering and eventually get to like it.

A friend whose child has autism told me she felt the same, a guilty happiness when her daughter was sick, because then she would snuggle and could welcome physical contact.

I was raised in the stiff upper lip WASP tradition, and my kids can give lots of examples of my "buck up, Buttercup" attitude, but at least sometimes I got it right. Shortly after she got her drivers license at 16, the same daughter misjudged a freeway off-ramp and comprehensively trashed one side of my car (my only work transportation) but escaped injury herself. She was so humiliated and "really really sad," and that night she crawled in bed with me. About 2 am I got a call from her older sister, who was going to school out of state and having a rough time. "Mommy," she wailed. "I have a sore throat." (Real translation--"My boyfriend is abusive and I don't know how to leave.) I hate to think of kids who have no parent they can turn to for consolation.

I have so many wonderful memories of when my children were small. The funny things they said and did, the times they fell asleep on me or came over for a cuddle. I have the same memories of my grandbabies...rocking them to sleep, watching their school plays, loving on them, the silly things they said and did, how my heart would feel like it would explode. 

What does Lori have? 

3 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I have so many wonderful memories of when my children were small. The funny things they said and did, the times they fell asleep on me or came over for a cuddle. I have the same memories of my grandbabies...rocking them to sleep, watching their school plays, loving on them, the silly things they said and did, how my heart would feel like it would explode. 

What does Lori have? 

Well she does have the sweet memory of telling that father at the park that he should disregard his wife's wishes and go ahead and spank his kid.

My mom would say she's the kind of mom we can tell anything too still as an adult. And she does try. But the older I get the more I am uncomfortable reaching out to her about stuff because she will always, no matter how nice, see things through the fundie and patriarchal lens and that just doesn't help me anymore. That sounds horrible to admit, because I love my mom. But I can't just spill my guts anymore about stuff. It's kind of sad. I have no safe person except Mr. Ew right now.

Still not brave enough to put my fat ass into jeans yet but yea, sorry lady, I grew up that way and it IS bondage. 

I was told often that "if you can't wear a dress while doing it then God didn't intend for you to be doing it." 

Always having to sew slits up. Often my dad would scold about a skirt being too short while sitting. He would even reach over and yank our necklines up IN PUBLIC if he thought they were immodest. We couldn't layer tops because they might give men ideas. 

I was 24 when I wore my first set of PJs because pjs were "immodest and ungodly and you can't put any thoughts into your brothers' heads." 

"You cannot wear pants because how can anyone tell if you're a girl or not. And it's a sin to blur the gender lines." 

Bull shit. 

IMG_7619.PNG

I often wonder how different I'd be if I had been in environment where I could dress how I wanted and then could've been more active. Girls in my family weren't allowed or encouraged to play sports. The older I got the more I shied away from physical activity because honestly, trying to be active in a skirt or split skirts is pretty embarrassing. We grew up kind of keeping to ourselves so I read... and ate... it's so lame to explain but it is the truth. 

25 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Still not brave enough to put my fat ass into jeans yet but yea, sorry lady, I grew up that way and it IS bondage. 

I was told often that "if you can't wear a dress while doing it then God didn't intend for you to be doing it." 

Always having to sew slits up. Often my dad would scold about a skirt being too short while sitting. He would even reach over and yank our necklines up IN PUBLIC if he thought they were immodest. We couldn't layer tops because they might give men ideas. 

I was 24 when I wore my first set of PJs because pjs were "immodest and ungodly and you can't put any thoughts into your brothers' heads." 

"You cannot wear pants because how can anyone tell if you're a girl or not. And it's a sin to blur the gender lines." 

I could have written this almost word for word -- and as a natural tomboy, I remember so many times my parents ragging on me because I struggled to sit with my knees together/ankles crossed (much preferred to curl up or just sit all akimbo. But I now wear what I want. It was truly a freedom to shed off those oppressive beliefs and put on whatever I wanted be that jeans, leggings or low-cut tops. I wear it all and modesty be damned. 

(Except not having brothers, the PJs were problematic in case we ever had a fire -- couldn't have me tempting firefighters. Now that I'm grown-up and married to a firefighter, tempting him is one of my favorite things to do). 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived