IGNORED

Lori Alexander 26: Fermented Pizza Crust Is More Important than Filling Her Empty Soul

3 hours ago, SusanDelgado said:

The way she contradicts herself is so bizarre. It's like she's playing a character and she can't remember what she's already used as story line. 

Bingo!!!!

3 hours ago, jerkit said:

I mean, I live a comfortable life, but I still have to know what I can spend and when.

Most of us do. I think @polecat is right, Ken handles all the money and either pays her credit card bill or hands her cash when she asks for it; maybe he occasionally tells her the balance is too high and she needs to cool it for a while, but most of the time his income is apparently sufficient to cover what she wants to buy, so she doesn't have to think about it---kind of like when my kids were little and thought the ATM just dispensed free money.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have taken a couple of nice trips using my husband's frequent flier miles that he earns from business travel. Combine that with hotel points and we've traveled relatively inexpensively a few times. We've never taken yearly trips; usually every two years and we have tried to alternate a "simple" trip one time and a "nicer" trip the next. 

Anyway, let's assume Lori and Ken can travel with frequent flier miles. We also know they are paying nothing for their lodging. What I would like to know, though (even though it is none of my business) is who pays the utilities on that vacation home for the two or three months they are there?  I wonder if they just move in for however long they want and then allow the bills to go to her parents.  It would not surprise me one bit if this vacation is basically free for them. They buy a few groceries, which can't cost much because Lori does not eat, rent a car and let Mommy and Daddy take care of the rest. For all we know, her parents cover their travel expenses too. Something tells me nothing is too good for their little princess, Lori, and she and Ken would have no problem mooching off her elderly parents, one of whom is quite ill. 

Also...A little bird told me that Ken and Lori likely missed a grandchild's birthday while they were at the lake house. I think someone turned two years old and Grammy and Grampy could not be bothered to be around for the party. This after already being at the lake house for several weeks. 

18 hours ago, feministxtian said:

DIY car repairs...a friend just did the brakes on my Mustang.

@feministxtian... You have a Mustang too! Sweeeet!

Can you imagine an FJ/Mustang meet up? There must be more of us here.....

I agree with @usmcmom. I wouldn't be surprised if Lori's parents are left to pay for expenses incurred while The Godly Mentor embarks on The Never Ending Vacation.

She has a very strange relationship with them (imo).

- The story of her Dad doing her shopping and massaging her feet seemed a bit weird to me.  The shopping I get...she was sick.  The foot massage just struck me as odd.  

- A couple of months back (on FB) she wrote that she had "recently" asked her Dad about anal sex.  She's a 60 year old grandmother, and she's asking her 80-something year old Dad about anal sex.  Just let that sink in for a minute. :pb_eek:  What the hell kind of conversations do they have??

- She once wrote that she and Ken should have just lived with her parents and saved money after they first married.  She even said that her parents would have been happy with the arrangement.  Very presumptuous to assume that her parents would have been thrilled at the prospect of their college educated daughter bringing home a husband and allowing them to support the pair of them.  

- Lori has indicated that if anything ever happened to Ken, her parents would support her.  She seems to have no awareness of the fact that they are pushing 90 and might need HER to help take care of them.  

- Lori made a video with her mom, after her mother was diagnosed with cancer.  The main theme?  Mom just doesn't understand why the internet is so mean to little Lori.  

Her mom has terminal cancer, and what does Lori do?  Run home and complain about internet meanies.  Ridiculous.  

Anyway...yeah...just a super strange relationship.   

She's back to trying to eliminate the competition.  :pb_rollseyes:

It can be heady stuff to write for a blog and have a lot of readers, emails, be asked for interviews, write a book, have posts go viral, and all that comes with this. 

It can also make you INSANELY jealous when other bloggers have a lot more success that you've ever thought about having.  

It can also make you sound petty when you constantly try to cut down other female bloggers in order to elevate yourself.

It can also make you look a little silly when you keep trying to find ways to sneak "I went VIRAL" into the conversation.

I’ve had all of this “heady stuff” happen to me, too, but at the age of almost 59 years old, a brain tumor, neck fusion, ill health for many years, and all the suffering that I’ve been through, I don’t believe it’s made me heady or prideful. God has taught me humility through all of the things that I have suffered 

:pb_lol: 

#1 If Lori's blog has "many readers", where are all of the comments?  Look at how many comments Shelia gets.  Now, go look at Lori's blog.  See the difference?

#2 If Lori had been asked for interviews, I don't doubt for a minute that she'd have given them.  Any interviews she declined, were declined because she knew they would paint her in a negative light.

#3  Lori wrote a self published book that has been WILDLY unsuccessful.

#4  Her post went viral because people thought she was nuts....crackers....crazy.  It wasn't that people agreed with her, or found value in what she had to say.  They were just remarking on the CRAZY that is Lori.

All of that said, if I had to pick an adjective to describe Lori, prideful would be right at the top of the list.

I’ve been married 37 years this December and have raised four children who all walk in truth. I believe I am qualified to teach younger women what I teach them.

Is this Lori going on record as saying that married women who work and wear bikinis and yoga pants are "walking in TRUTH!"?  Just asking...

I have no desire for a television show or go on a book signing tour.

Honey, don't flatter yourself.

What a joke.  Good Lord.

What's Lori going to do if she outlives them all?  (not wishing ill on anyone, just being practical)  How would she react if her children put her in a home, or got a nurse to stay with her instead of keeping her at their house(s)?  Her fixation with being taken care of puts me in mind of my former mother in law.  When I met her she was a feisty, working mom with two teenage boys still at home.  She talked often about retirement and would rue the idea that she may not be able to quit working when she wanted to.  Her husband very tragically passed way this past year, she had quit her last job about 5 years ago.  She almost immediately moved out of the house she and her husband shared, couch surfed with siblings and cousins for a couple months and ended up staying with her eldest brother for a while.  She was so coddled as a youth by both her parents and her brothers, he wanted her to stay there indefinitely, believing her to be incapable and willing to ferry her around town at her whim.  She ended up living with a different brother but in the same capacity.  There's nothing incapable about this woman, but that mental, "I'm just a girl, I can't do it myself" thing is alive and well in her.  

Coincidentally, she raised a very narcissistic, "holy-than-thou" son who plays similar truth games that Lori does.  Not flat out falsehoods every time, but not truths either.  Lots of omissions and statements that deliberately allow for wide interpretation.  

So why are we suppose to take care of sick or injured husbands? Should't we just teach them that suffering is a part of life and not let them complain. 

So you can't baby a sick child, but her father massages her feet and her daughter brings her soup (which she's ungrateful for) when she's sick?  Awesome.  Got it.

I was also going to share that notebook doodle from her IG account. What struck me was that this was coming from a woman who did that video with her mother. In said video, her mother scolds the Internet world for being mean to her daughter. I have always wondered if Lori planned that and was exploiting her own mom to try to make "the trolls and haters" feel bad. 

Lesson: Do not show any extra TLC to young children when they are ill. In fact, scare them with tales of snakes if you can. 

Treat your husband like a newborn baby who is on the brink of death when he has a cold. 

FOR LORI ONLY - when you are nearly sixty years old, exploit your ill mother and let the whole Internet world know "I'll tell my mom if you're mean to me one more time."  

I wonder why Lori wrote her latest IG doodle now. Perhaps she is disapproving of one of her DILs being a doting, loving mother. Maybe her sons are loving on their kids a bit too much for Lori's tastes. 

The problem what Lori says in her post is that she teaches from her own experience and that experience isn't necessarily going to be helpful to others. She has lived a very cookie cutter, privileged life. If she wants to be honest she will tell the women she mentors to get help like she did, get a nanny and housekeeper, rather then telling them they have to do it all. 

Also for specific problems a young wife might have like a cheating husband, it is better she gets advice from a woman who actually went through the same thing and can truly relate and have empathy than it is from a know it all with perfect life who can only spout off bible verses, not practical solutions. 

How many times has Lori said she is not bothered in the least by her detractors? It seems like at least once a month. Thus proving she is VERY bothered by having to keep bringing it up. 

" I have no desire to travel to churches and stand behind pulpits and teach thousands of women."

She also once said she had no desire for granite counter tops or an iphone. We saw how that turned out. Remember feelings are fickle things that can't be trusted!

And notice how specific she is...no desire to stand behind the pulpit, but stand behind the computer/internet teaching millions of women....no problem there! 

The crazy thing, is that Lori expects nothing less than complete pampering when she's ill.  She's constantly talking about the vast array of things she couldn't do because she was "too sick", it took too much energy, or it was " too tiring".

She needed her mom's help when she was pregnant because she was too sick.

She needed Daddy to grocery shop for her and rub her feet, because she was sooo sick.

She needed a maid because she didn't have the energy to clean the house.

She needed a nanny because she didn't feel like taking care of her baby.

Her kids couldn't have a bedtime routine, because she didn't feel like it.

Her kids had to be in their room two hours a day so she could rest.

She let her brand new infants cry all night because being up with them was taking a toll on her emotions.

She wanted to make Cassi "feel real bad, you know" because she didn't make Lori's soup exactly the way Lori likes it.

She rarely makes a blog post that doesn't somehow come back around to her suffering, her sickness, or her illness.  

Her gripe about mom blogs, and younger moms giving advice doesn't sit right with me either. Here's why-  my kids are teenagers now, and already so much of the advice my pediatrician gave me when they were babies, is completely irrelevant.

When my babies were little you turned them forward facing (car-seat) at a year, started them on baby food at 4 months, and a host of other things I've probably forgotten.  Now, that's all changed. 

There's lots of things I've just plain forgotten.  Other moms (who are in the trenches of having babies) are likely to have more up-to-date information that can actually be beneficial to other new moms.

Lori's just a know it all, who wants to dish out advice to others.

Her Instagram saying "Please don't baby your children when they are sick or injured" isn't Biblical at all!  It's just Lori wanting to control other moms. 

Bleepity bleep bleep bleep bleeping bleep. And g@&$a%d!?# her.

Only a heartless, mindless, soul-less bitch would say not to pamper sick kiddos. I've sat at my kids' hospital bed sides (and begged God twice to spare my son) and taken care of them dozens of times at home - like a Normal Mother Would.

And for big things like chicken pox? Our very tight budget squeezed out a new toy for each (board game for son, video for daughter- they got to choose).

I can't wish enough horrible poxes on her. (May need to employ mad skilz of poster in Jill Rod thread for her list of ailments) + pray to Rufus that all of her vitriol comes back to haunt her in a physical way with no mercy.

Gotta stop now. She will NOT ruin my day!! *off to search for voodoo dolls on Amazon prime*

.... my daughter still says, "I want my mom" when really sick ... guarandarnteeya that none of Lori's kids say that ....

Please nurture your children. It's not wrong. It's natural and I'd even go so far as to say divine. It's an urge and an instinct that we're given because it's how we protect them when they are vulnerable.

Ken is no better (maybe even worse) because he knew what she was doing and didn't stop her when she did those things,

He participated in beating a 4 yr old for spilled "rasins".  He shamed his daughters when they gained 5 lbs. And seriously how would he know unless he made them weigh themselves in front of him. He made his sons play sports hurt to toughen them up and 'prepare them for war'.

I have always believed than LoriKen raised their children exactly the way they were raised -- leather strap and all. Their respective sets of parents were doing it the Pearl way before TTUAC even had a name.

Seriously, I don't know why anyone would find it bad to "baby" sick children -- especially when the definition given seems to include normal aspects of caring for a sick/injured person, such as letting them complain! If it's so bad to pamper boys when they're sick, why is it magically necessary for a good wife to do so when they're grown men? 

Radical thought: take care of anyone who's sick or injured with compassion! It also means there's need to come up with elaborate justifications why receiving care is acceptable in certain circumstances, if you acknowledge everyone's entitled to that sympathy in the first place! 

35 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I have always believed than LoriKen raised their children exactly the way they were raised -- leather strap and all. Their respective sets of parents were doing it the Pearl way before TTUAC even had a name.

In case you're just joining us:

Lori Alexander

I don't want any Pearl bashing going on on my blog. There are many other blogs that do that.  I only want to support them. 

The first time our children had a temper tantrum or refused to obey us, around 18 months, Ken and I would take turns telling them to pick up the toys {or whatever they were refusing to do} and then give them a swat on their bottom if they wouldn't do it.  With all four of our children, it took almost four long, difficult hours.

One of our children, when they were about eight months old, began squirming like crazy when trying to change their diaper. I would say "No" and give a little smack on the behind. It didn't take long before they would lay there without moving while I changed their diaper.

When our first daughter had her first and last "temper tantrum," we had no idea it would take hours of disciplining but we knew that it was very important to show her that she was going to do as we say. 

When they started to crawl and would start to stick their fingers in a light socket, we would say "no" and swat their hand.

As they got older, if we asked them to do something and they said "no" or refused to do it, we would give them a few hard smacks on their bottom with a small leather strap.

One of them wouldn't pick up their raisans. We would tell her to pick them up, she would say "no", and we would spank her. She would cry for awhile. After awhile, we would again tell her to pick up her raisans. She refused. We spanked her again. We would make her stay where she was until she finally picked up her raisans. Ken and I would take turns because it was very tiring because it was very tiring but oh, so worth it.  

A spanking will work if it is hard enough

We used a special little strap and spanked hard enough so it would hurt.  Pain is a great motivator and teacher.

THAT is the woman who thinks she's qualified to give child rearing advice.  What she did to those kids was criminal.  Absolutely criminal.

Remember, if someone in Lori's household is pampering a sick child, that's less attention for Lori. If one of her kids got sick, people might, for a few days, forget about Lori. I can totally see her becoming jealous of one of her kids if he/she received any extra attention. I have a feeling, when Lori's kids were sick she would suddenly have a flare-up of one of her many "illnesses."  

We pampered our kids when they were sick. Daddy usually came home for lunch on those days and brought an ice cream treat (if the illness allowed) or a box of popsicles or special drink. This was in the day of Blockbuster Video too so he would always call the sick child and say " what movie should I look for at lunch time?"   Not only was this an extra treat for the kids, but it gave me a one hour break. We even did this routine even when they were in high school and our son is now a Marine Veteran so I don't think we robbed him of any diligence or work ethic - he's still a man!! I also think that by nurturing children, we teach them to nurture others. Of course, Ken and Lori don't find that an important issue but I am proud when I see my adult kids being kind to others. I am also touched when one of them says "Remember when I was sick and you used to do.....?"  and they tell me they asked their spouse for whatever comfort item they grew up with. They, in turn, try to take care of their spouses in the ways that THEY grew to love as children. 

1 hour ago, December said:

Seriously, I don't know why anyone would find it bad to "baby" sick children -- especially when the definition given seems to include normal aspects of caring for a sick/injured person, such as letting them complain! If it's so bad to pamper boys when they're sick, why is it magically necessary for a good wife to do so when they're grown men? 

Letting them verbalize how they feel (aka "complain") is often going to be one of the only ways to gauge whether or not they're sick enough to require medical treatment, and/or what type of care to give them. 

As a mom of littles, I really look forward to the day when my kids can talk and let me know how to help them--even if they do so with a whiny  voice. 

2 minutes ago, RebelliousEscapee said:

As a mom of littles, I really look forward to the day when my kids can talk and let me know how to help them--even if they do so with a whiny  voice. 

I felt the same way when mine were little.  It got so much easier when they could simply tell me when they didn't feel well. 

Hang in there.  It gets easier :my_heart:

@RebelliousEscapee, so true! I remember how hard it was when my daughter was little and couldn't tell me why she didn't feel well. Once when she was two, she got out of bed and toddled up to me whining. I looked in her mouth and saw the points of her new two-year molars poking up through her red, tender gums.  The poor thing was in so much pain! Instead of using the Lori baby boot camp method, I used some teething drops and helped her get comfortable.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived