IGNORED

Lori Alexander 26: Fermented Pizza Crust Is More Important than Filling Her Empty Soul

3 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

@EowynW let me introduce you to Torrid (www.torrid.com) purveyors  -- online and in stores -- of trendy but totally wearable clothes for women with curves.

They have a huge jeans selection -- all styles in sizes 10 to 30  -- all styles and lengths from extra short to extra tall.

The clothes may be just a tad pricey, but there are frequent excellent sales. If you join as a Torrid insider (free) you get rewards, $10 at time depending on what you spend, plus early notice of sales and new arrivals.

Zulily has a good plus-size collection and several black models (full disclosure--my daughter is one of them), which tends to be a sign of clothes that accommodate the smaller waist, bigger bootie and thighs combo. And it's a discount site, so you can get some screaming deals. You also can search "jeans for black women" for sources. Good luck! I pretty much live in jeans.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a fairly androgynous face and I wear concert tshirts and jeans 98% of the time. No one has ever gotten it wrong and if they had? Who cares!

@EowynW, not sure what size range you are, but I've been eyeballing the new Lane Bryant jean line that claims to fit women with small waists-rounded tushes. I've got the same build (.60 waist-hip ratio), and it's a booger finding pants that fit without a giant gap at my waist. I sometimes sew darts into them, but that's not really the best solution. Anyway -- these jeans might work for those of us with super curvy shapes. 

Thanks all! I do love Torrid's underwear. I'll check out their jeans too. Lane Bryant has been on my list too. 

Oh yea, "they have to be able to tell if you're a woman" was taught to me my whole life. Like seriously anyone would confuse me for a man lol I have decent boobs. 

Lori is letting her jealousy show again. Today's post is an attack on Jen Hatmaker (whose brand new book is making lot of sales).

This comment was so creepy to me   

"also noticed all the excitement over Jinger wearing pants. Here were my thoughts when I saw the picture of her in pants and high top basketball shoes: she looks absolutely beautiful! Not because she’s wearing pants but because you can just tell through that picture and outfit that she is seeking to please her husband. That outfit is totally a Jeremy outfit and she just radiates with Godliness as she wears it because she’s wearing it for Jeremy, and ultimately she’s wearing it for the Lord. That’s what I thought as I saw that specific picture. She honored her parents in what she wore while under their roof and now she’s honoring her hubby…it’s so beautiful!"

It's like they want wives to be mindless dolls. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived