IGNORED

Lori Alexander 26: Fermented Pizza Crust Is More Important than Filling Her Empty Soul

41 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

On the other hand some people in more conservative Judaism or Islam sects would agree with Loriken on a lot of things.

But as we do it with with Christians, let's not throw everyone into the same basket, especially not the nasty Loriken-basket, not even conservative whatever-religion (no offense, I just think conservatives are closer to Lori than liberal believers).

I'm sure that most believers in the one God don't like a self-proclaimed prophet like that. I don't think my observant Jewish acquaintances would appreciate the annulling what's our OT. I assume that some people in every conservative group could agree with some of her thoughts. However, any leg-humpers probably cherry-pick the ideas they like and ignore all the evidence of contradicting "Lori-thoughts" (under " because not all of what she wrote is her original work/idea).

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just want to reiterate that I am in no way belittling, calling-out, or standing in judgment of any FJ smokers past or present.  I am doing so only of the pure and holy Lori.  I have no opinion of anyone else's choices because no one here is judging me and my wicked feminist, unchurched ways.  

Now that I think about it, if Lori is going to smoke something I think it should be marijuana.  She'd be less anxious and bitter, nicer, and may be able to let herself eat without such restriction.

41 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

I also wondered if Lori taking the picture was illegal. But, I kind of don't think it is because there wasn't anything in the picture that identified the homeowners.   I still think it was shitty of her to do that. Sure, that house wasn't in pristine condition, but it wasn't that bad and there could be reasons why it looks like the way it is.

I wish one of Lori's leghumpers would ask her if she ever volunteers anywhere. But, Lori's likely answer would be "Mentoring is how I help others". Lori is shitty mentor. She would never set foot in a food pantry/soup kitchen. She would never do volunteer work with non-profits that help disabled people.  There are things she could do from home to help others like making blankets and clothes for infants, children, and adults in need and then giving them to hospitals, social service agencies, Project Linus or other organizations. At Christmastime, she could ask Ken to buy things for a child in need, but I doubt Ken would be happy to do that. She isn't the example of a loving Christian.

It's not illegal to photograph private property as long as you don't trespass to do it. It's not legally invasion of privacy to photograph random people unless you are presenting them in a situation that might damage or defame them. So Lori's in the clear legally; she is just short on kindness and class.

I did once post to ask, politely, if she could recommend charities to support or volunteer opportunities she approved. She deleted it.

I think we're on thin ice equating people's looks with their spirit. As a homely oldish lady myself, I sure hope my outside is not a reflection of my inside, though I'm definitely guilty of ignoring a skin care regimen. (Is that actually a moral failure?) I also know some physically beautiful older people who are real jerks. I'm guessing we've got some confirmation bias at play with Lori and her appearance.

4 minutes ago, older than allosaurs said:

I think we're on thin ice equating people's looks with their spirit. [...] I also know some physically beautiful older people who are real jerks. I'm guessing we've got some confirmation bias at play with Lori and her appearance.

Thank you for this. This has been bugging me all the time

6 minutes ago, older than allosaurs said:

As a homely oldish lady myself, I sure hope my outside is not a reflection of my inside, though I'm definitely guilty of ignoring a skin care regimen. (Is that actually a moral failure?)

I am sure, even if you were ugly as hell, if we met you we had confirmation bias in the other direction as you seem to be a nice person. I know some people who look older than they are who are really lovely (And I know people who are not blessed with beautiful faces who are lovely and others who are jerks)

15 minutes ago, older than allosaurs said:

I think we're on thin ice equating people's looks with their spirit. As a homely oldish lady myself, I sure hope my outside is not a reflection of my inside, though I'm definitely guilty of ignoring a skin care regimen. (Is that actually a moral failure?) I also know some physically beautiful older people who are real jerks. I'm guessing we've got some confirmation bias at play with Lori and her appearance.

I don't think people's looks and behavior are equated. I'm not an attractive woman in the least (although I suppose no one has ever accused me of being nice, either, lol). There are some truly attractive women in fundydom (Duggar daughters, for example), but they're still unattractive as F when it comes to their belief systems. There are some unattractive women with gentle, sweet souls. 

For my part? Lori is a hateful, nasty woman who is constantly harping on other women about how they're not attractive enough and that's why men don't want to marry them. She is always preaching to other women about her "superior" beauty regimens and diet regimens and her "perfect wife" bullshit. 

Maybe I'm just making excuses, though. I apologize that my harsh words have hurt your feelings. I didn't think before typing. I should have. And it's pure misogyny that I'm taking it down to the level of looks. I'm sorry. It was wrong. 

No apology necessary. I get it that people who rant on about how women must stay hot, but modest!, to get and keep that essential husband leave their own looks open to judgment. The day you find me videotaping myself as a glorious example of godly marital submission, have at me.

But I do agree that there's a bit of misogyny involved in assuming woman are all required to prioritize our physical appearance.

I never judge on looks alone.  I am guilty of lusting on men in kilts though.  All kinds of men, not just the very buff ones.  But, in general, every person on this planet is unique and beautiful.  I honor and love all our differences.

Unless, you are a bad person who hurts others with words or violence aka an ugly person on the inside.  Then, I don't like you.  It makes no diffence what your shell looks like.  I really mean that.

Lori is judging everyone and it's easy to lash out because she really is horrible inside.  I also firmly believe in a soul glow.  When I meet people who are kind, open minded and friendly, they have a glow.  Hateful or mean nasty people just don't.  I'm convinced it's a real thing.

As women, Lori is triggering to us for many reasons.  Personal experiences pop up for me when she focuses on looks.  Crappy memories from HS kinda stuff.  Sad she is still there.

IMO, nothing anyone says here about her should be taken personally.  We like and support each other, we open up and share our stories.   We could never be like her.  Thank Goddess!  

Beauty comes from within when it comes down to it.  Anything else is icing.  How we feel about ourselves and what makes us feel pretty or happy matters.  Not Lori rules.

54 minutes ago, older than allosaurs said:

It's not illegal to photograph private property as long as you don't trespass to do it. It's not legally invasion of privacy to photograph random people unless you are presenting them in a situation that might damage or defame them. So Lori's in the clear legally; she is just short on kindness and class.

I meant to comment on this and yes, correct its not illegal. Sadly I read if you are in public you have no expectation of privacy which is scary now that everyone has a camera in their hand. However, its legally OK but whether ethically it is OK is a whole other topic? I think that is where all of us here would say its not ethical to take pictures of random strangers and post online. Especially as a Christian. Again, that is why she has no class. 

11 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I meant to comment on this and yes, correct its not illegal. Sadly I read if you are in public you have no expectation of privacy which is scary now that everyone has a camera in their hand. However, its legally OK but whether ethically it is OK is a whole other topic? I think that is where all of us here would say its not ethical to take pictures of random strangers and post online. Especially as a Christian. Again, that is why she has no class. 

Thanks to everyone who replied to this.  I completely agree with it being ethically wrong to snap pictures of people without their permission and post them on the internet.  It's teh sort of thing teenagers do and need to be told not to.  I once took a picture of a man lying under his coat on a bench. I didn't ask for hs permission, I just sneaked up to him and snapped the picture.  The man was angry and started chasing after me me but I got away.  I was a teenager and I was working on a project for my high school photography class. The teacher liked the picture but he asked  me what on earth I was thinking when I took it and told me that I was lucky to still have a camera.  I'm glad those were the days before the internet because I'm afraid my silly teenage person may have posted it on instagram.  

I sure hope Lori's shenanigans get her into trouble at some point soon. She really needs to shut up. 

On fb Lori actually says she is very sorry to the latest woman who admits she is a stressed out single mom. She tries to get her to join her chat room. Yeah, I am sure someone who has no time and that stressed is going to fill out an application for a chat room that is equivalent to a loan application. 

Lori also says:

Have you asked the Lord for wisdom to come home and make some money from home? There are many options available today. Yes, your children need you since no one can take your place in their lives, irregardless of the reason for you working. If you are widowed, the church should be providing for you if you have no family that will support you. This is God's provision and protection for single mothers and it should still be this way since single mothers still belong at home. If you're divorced, your ex should be helping support you and if he hasn't remarried, I would encourage you to practice 1 Peter 3:1-6 and win him back without a word by being kind, cheerful, and affectionate with him.

What are those options, Lori??? Please, I would like to know. I have googled every which way "ways to make money from home" and you come up with tons of lists and ideas, but none of them do I really find practical. One is sell you stuff on ebay? Brilliant! So you are left with a house and a chair. Then what? That only lasts for so long. The virtual assistant sounds like a good idea but so much of it all seems like scams. 

And does she not get that if you are working from home, you still need someone to tend to the children? Does she think you can just make all the kids nap in their rooms for 8 hours a day while the woman works?

And yeah yeah the church SHOULD be providing for you if widowed, but its NOT. Let's deal with reality here, not woulda coulda shoulda.  These families who brag of living on 9k a year with 10 kids should just take in the single moms. What is one more mouth to feed? With God all things are possible, right??

I would love to know how to make my usual salary at home!  It's a lie.  The only people who do that either found their niche  ( and work hard to get there) or work for a company in IT or something.  I'm on a job hunt and these days basic secretary work ( administrative assistant) requires a bachelor's degree.  No shit!  I was looking to switch fields but I can't because of things like that.  Even if I was to find a job as a Admin asst, it would pay me half what I make even with the degree.  It's redic and Lori is out of touch and clearly hasn't had to worry about money.  So, she is a terrible person to go to for working/financial advice. I think all this just simply makes her feel better about herself.  

@BeermeetYes, exactly that. You need a BA degree to at least make $10 hour as a secretary. It is so nuts. I know babysitters in my area make about $15 an hour. More than I ever did with my first job and a college degree.

@AlwaysDiscerning. Yes!  It's madness.  A good ol' basic job requires 4 damn years of college.  It's bad for those with no degree, just assed out of that now and terrible motivation to get a degree with those prospects.  Ugh.

A view from her office!! See she is a career woman! And OK OK we get it...you are living on a lake. How many times does she have to keep taking lake pictures and showing off. 

In the comments

krisbuckley16Seems like you've been away for a month! Glad you're enjoying your vacation!

thetransformedwife@krisbuckley16 yes, it's been a while but since Ken can work from anywhere, we've decided to stay a while because we love the peacefulness, quiet, and beauty of it! ❤️

Why the hell do they not just move there? What is keeping them in southern CA with all the thong wearing girls? Shouldn't they move to Door County where they can dwell on the lovely 24/7. 

@AlwaysDiscerning Lori said that the church should support the widowed mother. In order to do so, it needs money. For most churches, money comes from - tithing.

And Loriken don't believe in tithing.

The hypocrisy is breathtaking.

26 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Why the hell do they not just move there? What is keeping them in southern CA with all the thong wearing girls? Shouldn't they move to Door County where they can dwell on the lovely 24/7.

Two words: Wisconsin winters. When the wind blows from the north across Lake Michigan - OMG. Lori would freeze her skinny buns off. 

1 hour ago, Beermeet said:

I would love to know how to make my usual salary at home!  It's a lie.  The only people who do that either found their niche  ( and work hard to get there) or work for a company in IT or something.  I'm on a job hunt and these days basic secretary work ( administrative assistant) requires a bachelor's degree.  No shit!  I was looking to switch fields but I can't because of things like that.  Even if I was to find a job as a Admin asst, it would pay me half what I make even with the degree.  It's redic and Lori is out of touch and clearly hasn't had to worry about money.  So, she is a terrible person to go to for working/financial advice. I think all this just simply makes her feel better about herself.  

Job hunting is insanity these days. Even simple public librarian they want degrees.  Even for a part time bank teller! When I was a kid I remember girls getting bank teller jobs straight outta high school to save for college. The admin jobs too are so depressing. Everything these days (except fast food)  wants atleast one degree plus a lot of experience, even on simple jobs you could easily learn hands on. I have cried so much while job hunting as a non degreed person. Ha :-/

3 hours ago, So-Virgin-It-Hurts said:

Now that I think about it, if Lori is going to smoke something I think it should be marijuana.  She'd be less anxious and bitter, nicer, and may be able to let herself eat without such restriction.

It might very well be good for her, and I'm saying that with no sarcasm whatsoever...mark this day down, that may be the most charitable thing I'll ever say about Lori!  Perhaps she would be less worried about everyone else's behavior, and maybe, mayyyyyybe she might start enjoying her own life for a change.

11 minutes ago, Florita said:

Two words: Wisconsin winters. When the wind blows from the north across Lake Michigan - OMG. Lori would freeze her skinny buns off. 

Oh yeah, duh forgot about that. But think of how modestly dressed everyone would be!! 

15 minutes ago, EowynW said:

The admin jobs too are so depressing. Everything these days (except fast food)  wants atleast one degree plus a lot of experience, even on simple jobs you could easily learn hands on. I have cried so much while job hunting as a non degreed person. Ha :-/

Have you considered civil service jobs? If you are a good test taker, there is opportunities working for the city, state or federal government. I have 2 words - contracted raises! Our union contract provides for annual increases even if you don't get promoted. 2% only now but it was 4-5% in past years.

My husband has not gotten a raise in 7 years but I worked hard & got promoted 3 times in 18 months. And you don't need degrees for lots of the beginning jobs.

You can even learn how to take the tests cause government tests are like no other. There's practice tests & sometimes classes in test taking skills. Lots of times, unemployed people can take tests for free. My union just reimbursed me for a test. I just had to pass. You might be surprised if you look into it.

@EowynW. You know it!  It's crazy.  It's not good.  Just like you said, on the job training is totally adequate for many jobs.   

@Chocolatedefrauded. I've thought about it but I don't see many in my area.  Maybe I don't know where to look.  Where do I look?  Are you talking about mailmen and stuff?

10 Manner Every Parent Should Teach Their Kid

https://www.littlethings.com/manners-to-teach-kids/?utm_source=dyr&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=nostalgia

A lot of these Lori can learn from 

1. Don't comment on physical appearance

2. Ask how others are feeling

6. Ask Permission (like when you take photos of people)

10. Respect Peoples privacy and personal space (like not taking photos of people)

I'm not sure what Lori is trying to say here. It's a confusing mess of rambling, disconnected thoughts, and a few things I'm surprised her followers weren't surprised to read. At least one person took issue with it on insta and Lori did have a reply for her- so that's there. I just...the commentary about how she raised her own children seem apropos of nothing and not what you'd want to reveal about yourself. a31a05d0f7b02b7e7101d7944c175b18.png

@FundieFarmerThis doodle appears to be a shorter version to what she posted on fb a few days ago. She just had this up as plain text on fb and of course she feels she has to go back now and make it an official doodle. I think it reads so poorly because she is trying to squeeze it onto one page, lol.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived