IGNORED

Lori Alexander 26: Fermented Pizza Crust Is More Important than Filling Her Empty Soul

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I am going to study Proverbs 31:10-31 verse by verse which describes the beautiful ideal of a godly woman and will be using the commentaries of old since they weren’t influenced by feminism and weren’t afraid to describe what these verses meant. These men had no problem teaching submission of wives to husbands and women being keepers at home and this is why I love them. There was no watering down anything in order to tickle women’s ears like there are now." 

Oh lord. Does she not realize commentaries are mostly opinions? Especially the old ones?

15 minutes ago, December said:

What's the fascination, anyways? Most all types of bread and pizza dough are fermented.

Responding to a post in the last thread: It's a selling-point for people who don't know any better. Like "no sugar added!" on something like honey or molasses. Well, of course, there's no sugar added because those things ARE sugar. Basically -- she's food-ignorant for all she claims to be a nutrition snob.

12 minutes ago, polecat said:

Responding to a post in the last thread: It's a selling-point for people who don't know any better. Like "no sugar added!" on something like honey or molasses. Well, of course, there's no sugar added because those things ARE sugar. Basically -- she's food-ignorant for all she claims to be a nutrition snob.

Fermented sourdough is supppsed to be better for you, especially for people like me who are gluten sensitive and cannot have traditional bread. The fermenting breaks down much of the gluten. I've always wanted to try some but can't afford to eat at such places and don't have the time to try to start and mess with it right now. 

So I went out to the pizza place to see the menu. Looks yummy, BTW. And for a "mentor/teacher" teaching to be modest with income, this place isn't it. Modest with income would mean getting a coupon for Papa John's or Pizza Hut or Hungry Howies or Dominos, etc.

Make your own:

Cheese
Small 10.99
Large 14.99

Regular Toppings
Italian Sausage, Pepperoni, Fresh Mushroom, Onion, Green Pepper,
Green Olives, Black Olives, Fresh Tomato,  Pineapple.
2.00 each topping

Specialty Toppings
Ham, Red Bell Peppers, Basil, Goat Cheese, Pesto, Spinach, Fresh Mozzarella, Artichoke Hearts, Kalamata Olives, Sun Dried Tomatoes, Chicken, Hot Calabrese Peppers
2.50 each topping

Premium Toppings
Vegan Cheese, Vegan Sausage, Wild Mushroom Blend, Bacon, Caramelized Onion, Anchovies, Cheese Curds
3.00 each topping

From the picture (on IG) of the pizza she order on July 19th it appears to be this pizza with pepperoni added:

Veggie
Red and green peppers, onions, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes, pesto and Wisconsin goat cheese and mozzarella. Small 19.25     Large 23.25

9 minutes ago, EowynW said:

I've always wanted to try some but can't afford to eat at such places and don't have the time to try to start and mess with it right now. 

If you have the time at some point, it's surprisingly simple to make a sourdough starter at home that you can use in about a week. No specialized tools/cookware required, either. 

This puts me in the mood for an eggplant pizza (grilled eggplant, roasted garlic, caramelized onions, wilted baby spoon spinach, and feta Alfredo sauce).  You can get a lg. for $14.50, and it always feeds my husband and me w/ a few slices for leftovers.  

45 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Um...why is this man calling Lori "beloved"?  

This stuff is getting creepier by the minute. 

IMG_7947.PNG

He's a dating scammer who has somehow (!!!)  found her blog.  That's how they talk.  I've talked to lots of them over the last few years.   Lucky Lori!    Oh - was it FB?  Yeah, they hang out on FB a lot.   

32 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Fermented sourdough is supppsed to be better for you, especially for people like me who are gluten sensitive and cannot have traditional bread. The fermenting breaks down much of the gluten. I've always wanted to try some but can't afford to eat at such places and don't have the time to try to start and mess with it right now. 

I'll try to explain what I meant.

During the average bread making process (not all, obviously), most bakers will use yeast. Yeast is an organism, a fungus, to be specific, and once you add the yeast to the flour and water, the yeast will eat the starches in the flour and release ethanol and carbon dioxide. This entire process is essentially fermentation -- the yeast eats the sugars and releases alcohol. The first proof is where bulk fermentation occurs. The bread will ferment again in the final proof, after you fold, shape, divide, etc., and let it rise again.

Grocery store loaves of bread aren't fermented long -- maybe an hour, which is why the gluten doesn't get broken down well or at all. But any homemade dough is going to be fermented for quite a while, several hours at the very least, and long-fermented bread can be fermented for a couple days. I have no idea which one of these Lori might be referring to, and I doubt she does either. Just calling something "fermented bread" is pretty meaningless, though, unless you are specific (as you were with fermented sourdough).

Oh, and Lori, a frugal homemaker would make her OWN pizzas. My kids love pizza night because they each get their own mini pizzas with their favorite toppings. HA.

:pb_evil: <---the face I made when I read Lori's response to this reader:

I deal with the same issue Brooklyn and Leah Elden Taylor. My husband has zero interest in being the financial leader but spends so much of our limited income on cigerettes and things. If I dont budget, we wouldn't pay bills.

The reader she's identifying with, is the one with kids and an empty fridge.  Because chew.  

Lori's response:

Are you a godly, kind, and submissive wife? God instructs women to become kind, loving, and cheerful towards their husband with meek and quiet spirits and win him without a word. Your trust is in the Lord, not your husband. He will be the one to convict and change him, not you.

See?  He's really a good man, it's just that his wife doesn't submit to his every whim.  If she'd just do every.single.thing he wanted, he'd quit wasting the money that's supposed to pay the bills and feed the kids.  

Unfortunately, she's an unsubmissive shrew, so he *has* to spoil himself...think of how bad he'd feel if he didn't.

:pb_rollseyes:

1 hour ago, polecat said:

Fermented product is a bit of a health trend at the moment for "naturally curing digestive ailments".  Like most trends, it ignores scientific study and is not really thoughtful at all.  I think this is Lori's attempt to appear trendy and relevant.

As an aside:  I have started making my own sourdough bread products after receiving a gift of a years-old-starter from a friend's grandmother.  I love homemade breads and sourdough in particular feeds off sugars.  So the homemade sourdough product improves my blood sugar control as a diabetic.   Normally, the only time I post pictures is when I bake too much for Mr. Krazy and I to eat in a reasonable amount of time and need to give baked goods away.

I have been food insecure multiple times throughout my life, childhood and adulthood. The "trust God with your empty refrigerator while your husband buys cigs and dip" stuff is really starting to get to me. 

5 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Um...why is this man calling Lori "beloved"?  

This stuff is getting creepier by the minute. 

And she liked the comment. Is Aunt Lori so blinded by her desire to be admired that she doesn't know the difference between a creeper and a genuine admirer?  Or is this akin to an emotional affair?  Gotta be careful with that purity thing, you know! 

And she missed an opportunity to teach good Gawdly women about proper boundaries when men they aren't married to start treating them like potential lovers.  :pb_rollseyes: 

1 hour ago, SusanDelgado said:

I have been food insecure multiple times throughout my life, childhood and adulthood. The "trust God with your empty refrigerator while your husband buys cigs and dip" stuff is really starting to get to me. 

I'm sorry you have faced this issue. 

I can relate a bit. I was raised with very little and my mom always reminded us kids how little we had. It really is something that stays with you. And, I believe, when the problem reappears in adulthood, it brings with it a special kind of panic because you KNOW how bad things can get and you always wonder if this will be the time you simply will not recover. I have what my family calls "stock-up issues."  Thank goodness my husband is understanding becaue I always buy more than I need of anything now - grocery wise, that is. If I need peanut butter, I buy two jars. If I buy canned soup, I buy eight cans instead of four. I am able to get those extra things now but I remember when my family could not and I still kind of live in fear of empty cupboards.  I am also very aware that those empty cupboard days could return any time  

Lori has NEVER been in want of anything - not as a child and not as an adult. She has absolutely no reference point when it comes to poverty or food insecurity or budgeting. Many people like her still have compassion for others and live very generous lifestyles. Lori, however, would never give a thought to helping others or even caring about their needs.  

If Ken grew up with very little, it would be more likely that he might have compassion for others but that is not the case either. I used to think he was a little more soft hearted than his nasty wife; but after seeing some of her recent comments that he has let stand, I no longer think so.

They are both heartless and take joy in others' suffering. They are a horrible representation of Christianity. 

7 hours ago, SweetLaurel said:

He's a dating scammer who has somehow (!!!)  found her blog.  That's how they talk.  I've talked to lots of them over the last few years.   Lucky Lori!    Oh - was it FB?  Yeah, they hang out on FB a lot.   

Somehow my name got on an email list. Apparently, over the years, I have lost multiple unknown family members in Nigeria, and I am their sole beneficiary. If I send money to free the estates I will be super rich.

Once I actually responded to one because I was bored, and all of his emails to me were addressed "Beloved". Until he realized I had no intention of actually wiring money to him, and then I quickly ceased to be his beloved. 

Hi! I’ve been lurking for awhile. Too much Lori is poisonous to the soul so I had to step away. But like gawkers at a train wreck, I couldn’t look away for long.

Just want to point out in today’s post on the Proverbs 31 woman, Lori quotes her “bestie” John Gill, completely out of context. Gill thought the woman in Proverbs 31 was symbolic of the church of Christ, not an actual woman (daughters of fallen Adam). His entire commentary on P31 is about the virtues of the Church – the bride of Christ.

Either she didn’t bother to read what Gill wrote or she willfully ignored the parts she didn’t want to hear and cherry-picked what fit her agenda. Either way she sure is brutish!

Beloved Lori is a mess with the cigarette advice, again. I truly wonder how she does it.

4 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I can relate a bit. I was raised with very little and my mom always reminded us kids how little we had. It really is something that stays with you. And, I believe, when the problem reappears in adulthood, it brings with it a special kind of panic because you KNOW how bad things can get and you always wonder if this will be the time you simply will not recover. I have what my family calls "stock-up issues."  Thank goodness my husband is understanding becaue I always buy more than I need of anything now - grocery wise, that is. If I need peanut butter, I buy two jars. If I buy canned soup, I buy eight cans instead of four. I am able to get those extra things now but I remember when my family could not and I still kind of live in fear of empty cupboards.  I am also very aware that those empty cupboard days could return any time  

Lori has NEVER been in want of anything - not as a child and not as an adult. She has absolutely no reference point when it comes to poverty or food insecurity or budgeting. Many people like her still have compassion for others and live very generous lifestyles. Lori, however, would never give a thought to helping others or even caring about their needs.  

If Ken grew up with very little, it would be more likely that he might have compassion for others but that is not the case either. I used to think he was a little more soft hearted than his nasty wife; but after seeing some of her recent comments that he has let stand, I no longer think so.

My parents also stock up on a lot of food and they shop deals at grocery stores and they wisely use their Costco and Sam's memberships. My mom grew up poor and even though she and my father live comfortably she will buy in bulk for some things to save money and to avoid numerous trips to the grocery store.

I know someone who grew up with much more wealth than Lori and she is incredibly kind. Lori is an extremely selfish and sheltered bitch. Bill Gates and other billionaires have signed the Giving Pledge which means they will give away half their fortunes to charities. Lori doesn't even fucking tithe to the church which she claims is supposed to help those  in need.

I sometimes wonder if Ken was a much nicer person at one point, but being married to Lori screwed him up. I don't like Ken much. I do think he has better sense than Lori does.

5 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I have what my family calls "stock-up issues."  Thank goodness my husband is understanding becaue I always buy more than I need of anything now - grocery wise, that is. If I need peanut butter, I buy two jars. If I buy canned soup, I buy eight cans instead of four. I am able to get those extra things now but I remember when my family could not and I still kind of live in fear of empty cupboards.  I am also very aware that those empty cupboard days could return any time  

OMG!  I do the exact same thing!  Just goes to show how some childhood experiences can imprint on someone's soul.  It is such a very low probability at this point that I will ever not be able to buy food, but reality has nothing to do with it.

I have been reading for MANY years, but the topic of food insecurity brought me out of the shadows. I volunteer for a food and clothing pantry in a town that is supported by over 60 local churches. We have several programs based on need, income, etc. Some are federal guidelines (TEFAP) but emergency food is our local guidelines and we have helped people who make a decent amount of money (more than TEFAP would allow) but they still qualify for our local food. 

If anyone in the US is facing food insecurity, please contact your local food pantry and see if you qualify for services. There is also the monthly TEFAP https://www.fns.usda.gov/tefap/emergency-food-assistance-program-tefap that is available based on household income. 

Never be ashamed to see if you qualify. I myself have been food insecure in the past, as well as homeless at one time, which is why I feel so passionate about this topic. 

Mr. EW & I both grew up poor. I swear he was an old soul born in the depression in a former life, he's always trying to buy two of everything and in bulk. Now that I have diagnosed food & gluten allergies, in addition to 80 lbs to lose, I literally start to panic at the thought of getting so poor again that we'd be back to eating boxed mac & cheese and tons of bread and carbs Ike we did growing up. Which would make both of us so sick and bring food sensitivity related depression and anxiety back full force for both of us. 

during our utterly broke, homeless and then trying to pay off our cars, we've been extremely food insecure (and other things). I will buy toilet paper, paper towels and bath soap EVERY time I go to the store. I start panicking when I can see the back of the freezer. I've done the food pantry thing, food stamp thing and now never stop being thankful that I can run to the store and get whatever we're out of whenever I need to (not very often because I buy in bulk!). I am also thankful to friends who helped us out with toiletries, cat food and cat litter and wouldn't take a penny from us when things got better. 

2 hours ago, Mellowing With Age said:

Never be ashamed to see if you qualify. I myself have been food insecure in the past, as well as homeless at one time, which is why I feel so passionate about this topic. 

Thank you for this. I don't like for people to feel ashamed when they are seeking help. A couple of weeks ago, my sister posted something on Facebook where she shamed people who seek help from food pantries, government agencies, and other resources. It pissed me off for several reasons. My sister has a son with an ex-boyfriend. She qualified for WIC because their incomes were low at the time. My sister and her ex broke up when her son was 5. For the first year after the break up, her ex was giving her $200-300 cash per month as child support. He eventually said that he didn't want to see son anymore. That was 7 years ago and he did see my nephew a couple of times. My sister has never tried to take her ex to court for child support.

My parents have helped my sister numerous times and they are the reason why doesn't have to seek help from other resources. But, as I said before she shames people for taking help from non-family sources. She is a lot like Lori in the way that they don't understand not everyone for various reasons can get help from family members.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived