IGNORED

Lori Alexander 26: Fermented Pizza Crust Is More Important than Filling Her Empty Soul

we "survived" (barely) on 1325.00/month. The upside was that we qualified for a special section 8 program for veterans and got help w/utilities. It sucked. We now live on a bit more...just under 2k/mo. Our rent is about twice what it was before (for a much larger/nicer apartment) and we have a little extra to have fun with. His SSDI check covers our rent/utilities/car insurance. His part-time job pays for the rest. It'd be MUCH nicer if I could work but yeah...that ain't happening. 

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@feministxtian So sorry that the job can't work out. It's so frustrating when your body won't let you do what your mind wants to.

Please don't answer if I am being intrusive, but is there a chance of compensation from the woman to blame in the accident? After all, she has not only inflicted constant pain on you, but deprived you of being able to take employment. Will her insurance compensate you?

Money can't restore you to where you were before, but it  sure can help! Or would that mean you would become ineligible for SSDI? And thus maybe worse off in the long run?

(Don't understand or know anything about US schemes like SSDI).

Oh my, just sort-of caught up with the Lori Alexander saga...  @jerkit, I never tried to implement Lori's version of wifely submission in my marriage, but it has been expected from me and reading about it on a blog like Lori's will have the same effect it has on you.  I'll spend the day angry and arguing against her in my head.  I spent several years ignoring her ilk, but sometimes I need to have a go at the teachings.  I'm glad there are other conservative Evangelicals teaching a different understanding of all these passages out there.  

Lori has stooped a bit further down with her recent invasion of privacy.  I can only hope she gets to pay for it somehow.  Is photographing someone's house not, somehow, illegal? Could the family sue Lori?  How about sneaking pictures of semi-celebrities and putting them up on her blog, could said semi-celebrities sue her?     

Lori's behavior is pharisaical at its best. The lady claims to be a better Christian than her critics, but she shows no love for her neighbor, doesn't do unto others as she would have them do onto her, doesn't sacrifice for others but,instead, flaunts her lifestyle on the internet for all to read and see.  She deletes Bible verses, rejecting instruction from the very book she claims to love. 

But worse, she is coming up with her own law and is calling it "Biblical".  It's not.  

Let’s use our bodies for the natural functions in which the Lord created them to be used by getting married when a godly man wants to marry us, bearing children if we are blessed, and guiding the home.

The final lines of her "women turning vile" post are far from Biblical.  A woman, like a man, is made in the image of God, primarily to bring glory to Him with her life. I find the statement in bold especially troubling.  Really?  Does she know that the apostle Paul, the same man who wrote the letter to the Romans, also wrote the letter to the Corinthians where he recommended singleness and gave both men and women freedom to choose?  I mean, even Rebecca, the wife of Isaac, was asked if she wanted to go off and marry him!   Lori, pull out your Bible, put away those commentaries and stop teaching lies from the pit of hell. 

This woman has lost it.  She and Ken are heretics and their teachings are to be avoided.   Yes, her fangirls are ignorant and have made an idol out of Lori and Ken.  The whole thing is so sad and infuriating... 

Check this out: https://exitchurchianity.com/2017/07/30/the-husband-has-the-final-say-and-other-sexist-myths-lori-alexander-the-transformed-wife/

The thing I don't understand about trying to "out poor" each other is - if you have the ability to NOT be poor, why aren't you taking that? Plenty of people would jump at that opportunity and you're frittering it away in some kind of religious dick measuring contest?

This post contains a lot of what is wrong with Lori's so-called ministry.  Women's ministries don't major on Jesus.  

https://exitchurchianity.com/2016/04/20/4-reasons-why-im-tired-of-womens-ministry/

Here are a few quotes:

1.Jesus is a footnote.

Sure, Jesus is mentioned. But He’s typically mentioned as someone who boosts the self-esteem of women, makes us feel valuable and beautiful, sends single women husbands, and manifests our desires.

This might sound odd to some of you, but “Biblical womanhood” and “femininity” shouldn’t have the preeminence in women’s ministry — Jesus should.

There are too many teachings about how to be a godly woman, and not enough teachings about the one who makes us godly: Jesus.

Many women’s ministries have it backwards. They think that if they emphasize “Biblical womanhood,” women will become more godly.

Jesus created women in His image, so we need to learn of Him if we are to exemplify true godliness as women. It’s not about being a “better woman” or being “more feminine,” often times according to subjective cultural religious standards. It’s about being more like Christ which means denying ourselves and taking up our cross daily.

Not, as Lori says, serve our husbands more. 

2. The Gospel is rarely proclaimed or it’s watered down.

This probably concerns me the most, because many women who follow women’s ministries aren’t saved – many are lost, religious, and still in need of the Gospel.

How often does Lori talk about the Gospel? She actually avoids the Gospel, teaching that the Scriptures for us are from Romans to Revelation(s), but the Gospel, as spoken by Jesus, is found in .... yes, the Gospels. And Luke was a gentile. 

. Most women’s ministries (that I have seen) don’t address the cultural issues that I deal with as a Christian woman who has African ancestry and lives in a low-income predominantly Black neighborhood.

Yup. Lori's "God owns the hills and the cattle" mentality ignores the reality of the lives of many women who can't just drop their jobs and go home to "be submissive " to their husbands.  

I can’t relate to women’s ministries where the Scriptures are skimmed over in a surface-level way, eisegeted on a regular basis, and quoted to support man-centered teachings.

Sounds like Lori's use of Scripture. 

Some women who lead women’s ministries brag and boast (either overtly or subtly) about their material possessions and make sure that they flaunt something expensive in their selfies to let others know that they’re “walking in the blessings of God.”

Meanwhile their supporters are struggling financially and barely making ends meet, 

Lori, sitting with her pruney feet propped up on the windowsill of her vacation home at, what I presume, an expensive location, telling her struggling followers to quit their jobs and "trust the Lord". 

getting married and having children aren’t the end-all-be-all of womanhood and salvation. The Scriptures sure don’t paint that picture.

Jesus didn’t save us so that we can get married and have children. He saved us so that we would know Him and be with Him forever. For some reason, the message and purpose of salvation has been obscured by mountains of messages on marriage and parenting.

What was that Lori just said about the "natural use of a woman's body"?  It included "marrying a godly man when he wants to marry you".  How about teaching women to get closer to Jesus, listen to Him, let the Holy Spirit speak to them....

Nah, then they might stop listening to Lory. We can't let that happen! 

9 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Who gives a shit if a man cooks dinner? Can you imagine if everyone put such importance on mundane tasks? Headlines would read: "Local Man Cooks Dinner" or, "Mom With Two Kids Works Part Time" 

Mr Nova is the superior cook in our household. My food is good but he could have another career if he wanted to. I do 90 percent of the meals but he often cooks on the weekend as a hobby and its a treat. Someone call the newspaper.

I suppose it is OK for a male to be a chef in a restaurant, just don't cook at home.

4 hours ago, jerkit said:

The thing I don't understand about trying to "out poor" each other is - if you have the ability to NOT be poor, why aren't you taking that? Plenty of people would jump at that opportunity and you're frittering it away in some kind of religious dick measuring contest?

They are trying to prove they are not greedy and have no love of money. BUT they substitute pride in their poverty for greed - and pride is the root of all evil. So they lose (sin) either way. 

Lo  a million years ago when I was a teenage bride, I bought into the submission thing totally and absolutely.    I was miserable and he was an asshole.   I read all the books and really really tried as hard as I could.  Anything everything, always, whatever he wanted anytime, anywhere.    With all the fervor young adults can give.  One day I was watching Phil Donahue  and he said and I quote,  "If you want to be my doormat,  I'm going to let you and wipe my feet all over you."   I had never heard anything more life changing to me. 

Sometimes you can try and try and the men will still wipe their feet on you.  No matter how Jesus-y they spout.  

Intentionally being poor in the U.S. is actually really shitty parenting. Let's be frank here. If you don't feed and clothe your kids, pay for their medical care, school supplies, and college expenses, etc., they just aren't going to have an adequate amount of those things. This country hates poor people. Purposely putting your kids in that position so you can pat yourself on the back for being godly sucks. And I guarantee your kids won't thank you for it. I was deprived of so much because of horrible religious teachings and now I'm working my ass off so my kids don't have to feel I chose some self-righteous bullshit over their futures. To be clear, I'm not talking about families who have to be a little frugal sometimes to make ends meet. That's us too. I'm talking about deliberately inflicting real poverty on child after child for religious brownie points. I don't care what these people say. A family living on $18k in the U.S. are not "making it." They may be surviving but there's some serious deprivation coming if they aren't already experiencing it. Or, they're just flat-out lying. 

13 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Having said all that, I will go full on snark and remind Lori that "men are visual" and that surely does not mean they are only turned on by a naked body. They must like to look at a pretty face too. I can definitely see Ken being the type to prefer a younger looking woman AND making sure Lori knows that. 

One of the things that affects aging is fat. We start to lose the layer of fat immediately beneath the skin, and collagen and elastin break down. The skin then starts to sag and look thin and wrinkled. Lori is already so thin that she didn't have much of a fat layer to begin with, so her facial skin is almost literally just hanging off her skull at this point. It also has a really rough, spotty texture because of all the years of sun damage. 

She could go to a spa and get a chemical peel to take off some of that sun damage. And she could go to a cosmetic surgeon and get some hyaluronic acid to plump up that thin, sagging skin and restore some fullness. A healthful diet with actual protein, wholesome fats, and real food will help give her a healthier glow. But nothing -- literally nothing -- will fix that cruel, hateful soul that lives inside her unless she's willing to do some hard work on it herself. 

This is going to be mean and I'm about 2 pages behind right now, so not sure what the current talk is about, but I don't care. 

The God Lori and other fundies talk about is a mean, spiteful, horrible god.  I've been agnostic since I was a teen because people constantly told my mom if she just prayed harder or did this or that her MS would be cured.  Even as a teen, I knew that was pretty much bunk, but you still want to hope that your mom will be ok.

This week I have trouble there is believing a god at all because this bitch is alive, giving out dangerous advice, putting woman down and all the other vile, hypocritical things she and Ken do and my  38-year-old, amazing, wonderful, skilled, spine surgeon is dead from some kind of quick moving cancer.

He changed my life.  He changed countless other people's lives.  He got sick about 18 months ago and he died July 19.  He has a 5-year-old daughter and a wife.  He had an amazing bedside manner, he listened and didn't act like he knew better just because he had an MD after his name.

The world will not be the same without him and this hypocritical, dangerous, evil bitch is just nattering on.

I know life isn't fair, but this just seems especially cruel.

(I'm not wishing Lori dead.  Just musing about the unfairness of the universe that is supposed overseen by a loving god)

20 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

That fb post is fast and furious now and can't keep up. Paul admits to being feminist and Ken said we expected that was your agenda. Why do some posts move so fast and others get one comment. 

It depends on whether Lori (or Ken) want a fight that day.  Fight days lots of comments get through moderation.  Lazy days they don't.

nate.PNG.5690d1d57e50638f06e745a53a93017d.PNG

So, I guess when someone praises you, you are suppose to say AMEN!!

How amazing. Let's also all say amen after someone accuses people lives of being a sad waste. 

@ Curious

I know what you mean. I have those thoughts often. A friend of a friend's toddler died for unexplained reasons. Doctors were baffled. What does that all mean? Christians would just spout the tired line of "God works in mysterious ways". 

1 minute ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

nate.PNG.5690d1d57e50638f06e745a53a93017d.PNG

So, I guess when someone praises you, you are suppose to say AMEN!!

How amazing. Let's also all say amen after someone accuses people lives of being a sad waste. 

Couldn't the same be said of Lori?  Some might think she's wasting her time criticizing women and her life is such a sad waste that she has nothing better to spend her time doing.

I'd say AMEN!! to that!

When she wrote that blog post about seeing all of those women wearing thongs at the beach and how much that upset her, I remember thinking she's walking right past the big, beautiful Pacific Ocean and instead of admiring God's creation she pays attention to what people are wearing.  Now that's a waste of time.

I live near the Atlantic Ocean and it takes my breath away no matter how often I see it.  If I ever pay attention to what people are wearing instead of that gorgeous view, feel free to remind me I'm wasting my time. 

I love how those who disagree with Lori--Lori, mind you!-- are always lumped together as 'not even Christians.'  :roll: 

1 hour ago, polecat said:

One of the things that affects aging is fat. We start to lose the layer of fat immediately beneath the skin, and collagen and elastin break down. The skin then starts to sag and look thin and wrinkled. Lori is already so thin that she didn't have much of a fat layer to begin with, so her facial skin is almost literally just hanging off her skull at this point. It also has a really rough, spotty texture because of all the years of sun damage. 

She could go to a spa and get a chemical peel to take off some of that sun damage. And she could go to a cosmetic surgeon and get some hyaluronic acid to plump up that thin, sagging skin and restore some fullness. A healthful diet with actual protein, wholesome fats, and real food will help give her a healthier glow. But nothing -- literally nothing -- will fix that cruel, hateful soul that lives inside her unless she's willing to do some hard work on it herself. 

My 5' not quite 2" mother weighs under 100 lbs and barely has any wrinkles at 73. There is a bit of sagging in her neck but nothing like Lori's. Not even close. She barely has wrinkles on her face. So no, being thin is not Lori's problem. I would say sun exposure is her first issue. 

And beyond that, I'm still going to stand by my theory that karma is a bitch to your looks. If you are an ugly bitch at heart, eventually it is going to show outwardly. 

49 minutes ago, Loveday said:

I love how those who disagree with Lori--Lori, mind you!-- are always lumped together as 'not even Christians.'  :roll: 

I love that too. But, it pisses me off because I know plenty of Christians both on the liberal and conservative sides that would disagree with Lori and Ken for different reasons.

On the other hand some people in more conservative Judaism or Islam sects would agree with Loriken on a lot of things.

29 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

My 5' not quite 2" mother weighs under 100 lbs and barely has any wrinkles at 73. There is a bit of sagging in her neck but nothing like Lori's. Not even close. She barely has wrinkles on her face. So no, being thin is not Lori's problem. I would say sun exposure is her first issue. 

And beyond that, I'm still going to stand by my theory that karma is a bitch to your looks. If you are an ugly bitch at heart, eventually it is going to show outwardly. 

I didn't say being thin was her problem or the source of her wrinkles. I said that *one of the things that affects aging* is the loss of the fat layer immediately beneath the skin, or the subcutaneous fat. We all have this regardless of how fat, thin or otherwise we are. There are actually many things that affect the aging process, including genetics, sun exposure, lifestyle habits (like smoking), diet, etc. 

This might explain it better: 

Loss of fat below the skin in the cheeks, temples, chin, nose and eye area may result in loosening skin, sunken eyes, and a "skeletal" appearance

Source: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/articles/aging-painful-skin

(And as a side note, I don't buy that her aging is a result of genetics, either, because her sisters look much, much more vibrant and youthful than she does, and even her ailing mother doesn't have such bad skin. Lori's sun worship and hatefulness are probably her biggest problems.)

9 hours ago, onemama said:

@jerkit

Lori has stooped a bit further down with her recent invasion of privacy.  I can only hope she gets to pay for it somehow.  Is photographing someone's house not, somehow, illegal? Could the family sue Lori?  How about sneaking pictures of semi-celebrities and putting them up on her blog, could said semi-celebrities sue her?     

Lori's behavior is pharisaical at its best. The lady claims to be a better Christian than her critics, but she shows no love for her neighbor, doesn't do unto others as she would have them do onto her, doesn't sacrifice for others but,instead, flaunts her lifestyle on the internet for all to read and see.  She deletes Bible verses, rejecting instruction from the very book she claims to love. 

Check this out: https://exitchurchianity.com/2017/07/30/the-husband-has-the-final-say-and-other-sexist-myths-lori-alexander-the-transformed-wife/

I also wondered if Lori taking the picture was illegal. But, I kind of don't think it is because there wasn't anything in the picture that identified the homeowners.   I still think it was shitty of her to do that. Sure, that house wasn't in pristine condition, but it wasn't that bad and there could be reasons why it looks like the way it is.

I wish one of Lori's leghumpers would ask her if she ever volunteers anywhere. But, Lori's likely answer would be "Mentoring is how I help others". Lori is shitty mentor. She would never set foot in a food pantry/soup kitchen. She would never do volunteer work with non-profits that help disabled people.  There are things she could do from home to help others like making blankets and clothes for infants, children, and adults in need and then giving them to hospitals, social service agencies, Project Linus or other organizations. At Christmastime, she could ask Ken to buy things for a child in need, but I doubt Ken would be happy to do that. She isn't the example of a loving Christian.

I'd bet money that Lori would look much better with a more hearty diet and put on few lbs.  Stop teaching hate too, it's literally showing.  Work on that soul glow.

Is there any evidence that Lori was ever a smoker?  I know she would never admit so, but - well, the photo . . .

15 minutes ago, So-Virgin-It-Hurts said:

Is there any evidence that Lori was ever a smoker?  I know she would never admit so, but - well, the photo . . .

This has crossed my mind especially with some of the lines on her face.

Just now, lilwriter85 said:

This has cross my mind especially with some of the lines on her face.

Yes. I'm Lori's age and smoked in college.  It just wasn't the social negative it is now and it was great when you were studying.  I could really see her picking it up if her friends/roomies smoked or if she found it helped her control her ever-important weight/figure.

Just now, So-Virgin-It-Hurts said:

Yes. I'm Lori's age and smoked in college.  It just wasn't the social negative it is now and it was great when you were studying.  I could really see her picking it up if her friends/roomies smoked or if she found it helped her control her ever-important weight/figure.

Good point there. I know a 30 year old woman who smokes for that reason.

Also, cigarette smoke really has an impact on your skin.  I quit after college (thank gods) but I could see Lori being a closet puff-puff to ease her tension and hunger pangs.  Those salads aren't going to satisfy and a well-timed ciggy will help with that!

2 minutes ago, So-Virgin-It-Hurts said:

Also, cigarette smoke really has an impact on your skin.  I quit after college (thank gods) but I could see Lori being a closet puff-puff to ease her tension and hunger pangs.  Those salads aren't going to satisfy and a well-timed ciggy will help with that!

The woman that I mentioned above has been asked by her husband and others in her family to stop smoking and they have mentioned the impact in it has on skin and how those wrinkles form and also IIRC, smoking isn't good for the elastin or collagen.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived