IGNORED

Lori Alexander 26: Fermented Pizza Crust Is More Important than Filling Her Empty Soul

Shorter Lori:

Yeah, at least you have a husband! Why want to make things better? You already have everything a woman should have-a provider with the proper genitalia.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

Shorter Lori:

Yeah, at least you have a husband! Why want to make things better? You already have everything a woman should have-a provider with the proper genitalia.

Yea this mindset was pounded into my head growing up. I still have trouble voicing needs because of it. And if I ever complain I am hit with a ton of guilt. 

For the love of all that's holy! My X was all about "I have penis and paycheck, I will not stoop to women's work". Notice I said X. When both hubs and I were healthy and working, we did split the housework...EXCEPT for the mother...that was on me (well, until the night i threw a plate). When he got sick, I picked up a lot of the slack when he was in bad shape. After his surgery, he picked up the slack and did about 90% of the housework while I worked full time. When I got hit with unemployment, it turned back into a 50-50 deal (although how much "housework" is there in a 1br apartment??), now that I'm ALL fkd up from the car accident, and although he's back to work, he does MOST of the housework. It SUCKS not being able to do a helluva lot because I'm sitting on my ass at home but hurting too much to do much. 

Lori, on the other hand, is probably mostly lazy. I mean...she is used to being the princess. She wouldn't lift a finger if she had to...it'd be easier to get her "staff" to do it. 

Aside:  Because she gets my ire up so often, Mr. Krazy now knows who Lori is.  When I happen to mention her in front of him, he now starts singing "All you need is Lube" to the tune of "All you need is Love". . .  

Whatever Ken!  Mr. I Made Real Food After Big Salad Time.  

These people!  

Oh, for FUCK'S SAKE @Ken. Spare me your bullshit with "if you are a Christian", first of all. Secondly, if this guy enjoys cooking more than his wife, is better at it, and has more experience, how, how, HOW could anything be better?

No, I'm seriously asking.

Does the Bible promise that as soon as a wife who doesn't like to cook, is less skilled at cooking, and is less experienced at cooking jumps into the kitchen (because women's work) then she will produce Michelin-star meals? Is that "God's best"?

More Ken wisdom:

The biggest issue is the need to develop self-discipline. I struggle with this in some ways with my job and find that setting out a list of things to do each day and then asking for accountability to get it done, can work wonders. Think about making a list like this and ask your husband to hold you accountable each day with no excuses. Miss a day and you owe him a twenty minute back rub... make it fun, but learn to grow your self--discipline. Monday - all picked up and vacuumed; Tuesday - Picked up and bathrooms cleaned spotlessly; Wed - all picked up and laundry all done; Thursday - All picked up and closets organized; Friday - pick up and vacuum with kitchen spotless; Saturday pick up and tend to outside or windows; Sunday - pick up and play time.

Looks like Ken is stealing borrowing from Flylady's plan.

So a man has to train his wife and make a schedule for her? Is it a marriage or an employment arrangement? 

Gross.

Also, the Bible NEVER addresses who is supposed to cook, clean, mow the lawn or anything else of that nature. Not once. 

Well Paul Seling is in good company anyway.  Ken told him he was wrong, but Ken also said Jesus was wrong.

39 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Yea Ken gave me that same shit lecture. 

Doesn't it feel good (and by good I mean infuriating) to have Ken Alexander of all people telling you that you and hubby are running your marriage all wrong?

That fb post is fast and furious now and can't keep up. Paul admits to being feminist and Ken said we expected that was your agenda. Why do some posts move so fast and others get one comment. 

57 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

pauls.PNG.eae59436eb388608c96daabdfb8f627b.PNG

Lori says she has carefully controlled portions of homemade vegetable soup or her sketchy big salad with her delicious salmonella-laden dressing for dinner. Maybe a "bit of protein." Washes it down with lemon-ginger bowel cleanse - yummy! Yet there are post after posts of restaurant food on IG. Why? Cause Ken doesn't want to starve to death, I assume. And He says, "I do like good food." He sure as hell isn't getting it at home.

2 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

That fb post is fast and furious now and can't keep up. Paul admits to being feminist and Ken said we expected that was your agenda. Why do some posts move so fast and others get one comment. 

I wonder about that too.  There is something about the quickness and Ken's involvement that makes me think the whole thing is supposed to be an object lesson/is contrived.

Every Bible reference I can find re: literal cooking are all exclusively male.  Where does it say a woman is supposed to cook? <sarc>

(1)Jacob in Genesis 25:29-31 - cooked a stew and got Esau's birthright.

(2) Jesus in John 21:9-10 - disciples found breakfast waiting for them that Jesus cooked

(3) Genesis 19:3 - a Feast is made by Lot for the two angels - he is spared from the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah.

(4) 1 Chronicles 9:31 - Mattithiah bakes the bread for the offerings

Paul sounds so calm and reasonable while Ken just sounds whiney and pissy. Ken's passive-aggressive dig at Paul's wife's cooking was really obnoxious. Paul didn't say his wife is "not a good" cook, he said he's more experienced at it and enjoys it.

Who is Ken to say that it's "not a good use of [Paul's] time"? If Paul is, in Ken's view, the leader in his home, why does Ken get to nose in and argue with Paul's enjoyment of cooking? *Especially* on the ridiculous grounds that it's against God's plan for him to cook! How absurd.

My husband also finds cooking enjoyable, so he does it often. He finds it a relaxing change from the kind of work he does at the office. This gender-roles ridiculousness steals so much joy from those who follow it.

PS This is all pretty rich considering Lori was instagramming a dinner Ken cooked just this week.

In one of Lori's videos, Ken walks into the kitchen and Lori says that he's making his breakfast. Does that mean that Ken and Lori no longer identify as Christians?  Surely serving Ken breakfast is a better use of Lori's time, and her #1 priority.  It would certainly be a poor use of time for a "godly guy" like Ken.  After all, he has "sacred" basketball to play.

Crap...I was going to post the video, but she has made 55 videos in the last 9 months :pb_eek:  Add that to her daily blog posts, daily notebook doodles, and spending a "majority of the day" monitoring the chat room and various social media sites, and it's no wonder why Ken had to make his own breakfast!  Turns out, Lori has a full time job.

Here's another thing.  Lori is forever harping on women to "discipline" their flesh.  She talks about not being bossed around by feelings or emotions.  

Why doesn't that apply to her?  She said ironing was too "tiring" and she didn't keep a spotless house because she "didn't have the energy".  Why does any of that matter?  If Ken wanted the ironing done and the bathroom spotless, she should have done it. The greatest of all is the servant of all, so Lori should get to serving!

Also, when God "commanded" Lori to teach younger women, he didn't say anything about her being on the internet all day.  Her husband and home are being neglected!   Hopefully, she'll be able to find a godly older woman to mentor her...

What other job in the world requires people to NEVER ask for help? Is teamwork never allowed in any job?

by this logic, I hope Ken never asks for someone to proofread his work (help!) or make a phone call (help!) or turn the lights out because he left early to play basketball (help!)

2 hours ago, Timetraveler said:

Lol "to train your wife". Is that like "How to train your dragon"- Lori & Ken style?

I mean, she is kind of a dragon-lady.

eta -- Lori, I mean.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived