IGNORED

Lori Alexander 26: Fermented Pizza Crust Is More Important than Filling Her Empty Soul

1 hour ago, EowynW said:

One of the leghumpers say they live in 9000 a year. That would only cover our rent about 13 months. 

Stupid people. 

Yes! It turned into a pissing contest to out-poor each other.

Spoiler

598e24a2401ef_Number1.thumb.jpg.9065a13d02a9fd477998223f6f4f46bb.jpg

Spoiler

598e24b1cfdee_Screenshot(20).thumb.png.6f278654dae764e2470cc8ec30d16ccf.png

Let's see...we've got 30K and 24K and 18K and 9K, all with eleventy little blessings. Can anyone top $9K? Pocket lint and air maybe? Yet they all have internet.

C'mon, Lori - tell us what Kenny makes. What do you struggle to get by on?

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reader:

What would you say to a sahm and wife who suffers from chronic pain along with mental illnesses, who is not able to keep up? I try but it's just not possible.

Lori:

Try to find help if you can. Make your life as simple as possible. I was very sick as I was raising children so thankfully, my mom was able to help me some.

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling: 

Here, Lori, let me help you out with that. Try, "...my nanny and my housekeeper were able to help me A LOT."  There, see how easy it is to tell the frickin truth

As someone who grew up so poor that my mother actually used hand me down underwear and bras and made her own cloth pads, they all just horrify me. Why would anyone purposefully live that way. Why?? No insurance. Too poor to afford a camera. My folks refused to accept government help. We lived in a broken down mobile home with one toilet, a sheet for a bathroom door, one half shower. The floor sagging in some places and in one place broken. You could fall through it. We would look through it and say hi to our chickens, dogs and cats walking around underneath the house. 

I never want to do that again. Now I'm content to be super tight and country homesteady but some things are just too much. 

1 hour ago, Florita said:

Yes! It turned into a pissing contest to out-poor each other.

Hide contents

598e24a2401ef_Number1.thumb.jpg.9065a13d02a9fd477998223f6f4f46bb.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Let's see...we've got 30K and 24K and 18K and 9K, all with eleventy little blessings. Can anyone top $9K? Pocket lint and air maybe? Yet they all have internet.

C'mon, Lori - tell us what Kenny makes. What do you struggle to get by on?

I would love for Lori to reveal Ken's salary, but it will never happen.

Lori's fangirls get into their poverty pissing contests every once in awhile. Last year, I remember one woman claiming that her family of 10 lived on 20k.  Then were women talking about how their husbands worked multiple jobs.  This recent 9k claim is WTF and I wonder if that woman is bullshitting and trying to get Lori to notice her.

The woman with the fiance with 24k makes me wonder if she living in "sin" with him. Or, is she is currently stay at home daughter before marriage?  Hopefully, the fiance's income will rise in the future, however if they have a bunch of kids things are always going to be tight.

I get that sometimes you can't do a lot of fun things when you aren't making a lot of money. I was in that position during college and the first couple of years after when I dealt with two job losses. But, I get annoyed with Lori's fangirls and there whole "we don't have cable, vacations, expensive clothes, smart phones or go to movies" spiels.  I don't have kids, but if I did I would want them to experience some nice things like a maybe vacations every couple of years and few movie theater outings per year. I know two income families who find ways to vacation at cheaper costs .  I also don't think a families wanting to go out to restaurants here and there is a bad thing.

Lori isn't like her fangirls. She and Ken probably still have cable. I remember a couple of years back she would occasionally talk about watching movies on basic cable networks. They take vacations every year and they have smart phones. Lori has mentioned having an iPad and I bet she other gadgets. I doubt Lori is buying clothes at thrift stores. Lori probably doesn't have to really budget for groceries.

ETA:Someone raised the question about what these women would do if their husbands were disabled and couldn't work. Knowing the fangirls they would say that their families would live off the husband's SSDI. Lori mentioned a fangirl without kids who doesn't work. She and her husband live off SSDI. I have a cousin whose husband stopped working a few years due to mental health issues. He worked for 20 years and gets a good amount of SSDI. My cousin works for several reasons and one being that her husband gets extra therapy visits throughout the year.  Also, living off SSDI wouldn't work in high cost of living areas.

The person talking about repairing your own vehicles ... I mean yeah, you save money doing that, but it's hardly free. Any idea how much car parts actually cost these days? You save on labor and the markup on cost, but the parts are still hella expensive. 

As for being on time -- that's a huge pet peeve for me, so I find it hard to snark on that. I mean, yeah, it's silly comparing it to passing counterfeit money, but damn, I get pissy when people are supposed to meet me somewhere at one time and then show up massively late. 

Spoiler

I have a family member who used to be notoriously late. They'd make plans to meet us at, say, 11 am. We'd be there at 11, but there was no sign of them. At 11:45, they'd call and tell us they were running late. No shit, Sherlock! An hour later, they'd call again telling us this horrible catastrophe had befallen them and they'd need more time. Finally, they'd show up around 2 or so. We finally just stopped bothering showing up on time at all and just waited for their flurries of phone calls to give us an idea of when they'd *actually* show.

I just find it abominably rude to tell people you're going to be somewhere and then not be there. I get it: Life happens, and you can't always be on time. But people who are habitually -- and extremely -- late? Ain't nobody got time for that.

eta: Oh, and the $9k family? I wonder how much they're getting in EITC, WIC, food stamps, etc. to stretch that salary?

6 minutes ago, polecat said:

Reveal hidden contents

eta: Oh, and the $9k family? I wonder how much they're getting in EITC, WIC, food stamps, etc. to stretch that salary?

I wonder about that as well. Some of the fangirls probably get help via private charities or donations from friends, neighbors, or people in their communities. About five or six years ago, the Bates family did some Primetime special on ABC. Gil said that his family wasn't receiving government assistance because he didn't want them to be a burden. But, during the special it was revealed that they were getting medical care from some kind of free clinic, they were getting clothing donations from people they knew, and Lawson was using some of of his money from his landscaping business to buy food for the family.  Washington Post ran a story about a large Catholic family somewhere around DC. They had 12 kids and people would send them gift cards to grocery stores and clothing for their kids.

I have said that I get people taking forms of help when they have hit hard times like job loss, health issues, medical bills, natural disasters, etc. But, these fundie families have large families that they can't afford to have on one income and some of them probably get government assistance and keep quiet or they hit up non-profits and other private resources for years and years.

Not just large families. Mr. Ew's B&SIL just had 3rd in 3 years and are on WIC & Medicaid. Both have college degrees. They are content in their job situation because it allows him lots of time to help her with kids so there they stay, on assistance, not even trying to get to a better place. They even have a nice fairly new used minivan they make payments on hat they bought while on assistance.Not really in an unexpected hard time or crisis. Just having kids and enjoying life. Annoys me to no end 

Last week MIL & FIL were harassing us about kids again and I flat out told them to their faces that I wasn't going to have kids until we were sure we  could provide for them without government assistance. I get needing it in a crisis, but I refuse to be on it if I am not severely in need. 

I also get really irked when people are consistently late. Punctuality is really big for me. 

I just wondered why Lori was posting a rant about it. What kind of appointments and meetings does she have, while on vacation, that would find her time being disrespected? 

5 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

What kind of appointments and meetings does she have, while on vacation, that would find her time being disrespected? 

The wifi in Door County must be disrespecting her by being hella slow.

@Florita. Sketchy Big Salad.  I'm cracking up!

The poor contest....... I wish I could comment!

" I'm a stay at home mom.  I was killing it in hedge funds but, the lord spoke to us through your blog.  So, I quit and now we live off my husbands hand made artisan paperclip business.  We make $100/mo at best.  We still manage to eat organic even though I have 9 teenage boys!  We just bought a private island because I use coupons and we don't have cable, so I saved that money.  I feel an island is best to shield my children from the devil and his minions."

:2wankers:

21 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I'm 4-5 years younger than she is (she's in her late 50's, I'm 53) and she looks BAD...her skin is yukky, she has that wrinkly turkey-neck thing happening, I may be chubby but I'm hella cute, especially with my new hairdo. Pic of me and the ferocious felines who will not leave me alone!!! The big furry one is back between my legs now!

mama and babies.jpg

YES!  You are so damn hella cute!

9 minutes ago, So-Virgin-It-Hurts said:

YES!  You are so damn hella cute!

You really are @feministxtian!  You know what makes you even cuter?  Who you are!  A good person.  I always enjoy your posts!

Oh yeah, job?  Any word?   Mine didn't work out.  She was a bitch and her employees made comments about it while I was on interview!  No thanks.   Something very promising this Monday for me, they seem very nice and normal.  Better pay too!

IMG_3862.thumb.PNG.09bd236fc773327d392ed54dd370a0be.PNG

Lori's follower has no advice? Has she learned nothing from the Godly Mentor and Prophet? Maybe it's because Lori is always contradicting herself.

As for looking forward to "what Lori may say"... These women have made an idol out of her. And she surely loves every minute of it.

nothing on the job...the physical limitations are doing me in every fkn time. Oh well, I'm seriously thinking of applying for SSDI in November (6 months out of work)...we shall see what happens when the lawyer gets done with everything. 

13 hours ago, Curious said:

I try not to comment on things people can't change, but for someone spending oodles of money on skin care products...it doesn't show.  She does not look healthy.   She also does not look anything like the pictures she's using for her book.   I wonder how many years ago that picture was taken

Lori and I are pretty much the same age.  I'll post my photo some day when I have make-up on and combed hair (!) for comparison.  Not meant to be snark, but she looks very, very ill to me.  

@feministxtian. Yeah, I understand.  Sounds like a good plan going to SSDI.  You may be willing but if your body isn't you gotta do what you gotta do.  Best of luck to you!  I hear it takes some time but worth it.  

2 minutes ago, So-Virgin-It-Hurts said:

Not meant to be snark, but she looks very, very ill to me.  

I agree.

Looking at these videos, and then at the infamous plunging neckline picture, she doesn't look like the same person.

I wonder how long ago plunging neckline picture was taken?

I find Lori's appearance noticeable because, again, I can't understand how skin care is not a priority for her. I can't believe she has not been more careful about protecting her skin from sun damage. Also, she puts so much emphasis on looks and staying pretty for your husband, yet she's lived in the California sun all her life and refuses to use sunscreen!!  I guess we can let our faces succumb to burns, wrinkles and skin cancer as long as we stay skinny???  I know many people who believe that, as long as skin does not burn, they are safe from risk - that tan prone people don't have to worry about skin cancer.  I guess she could believe that too. 

i also think Lori's hair looks really thin. It could be due to age, I guess; but I wonder if it is also due to poor nutrition.  

Having said all that, I will go full on snark and remind Lori that "men are visual" and that surely does not mean they are only turned on by a naked body. They must like to look at a pretty face too. I can definitely see Ken being the type to prefer a younger looking woman AND making sure Lori knows that. 

I wondered if the $9K/year family had already paid off the mortgage on their house or something. And they could be getting some assistance they're not mentioning. I hate it when people make claims like that but they don't give you all the information. Like EowynW, my husband and I spend close to $9000 every year just on rent. And we have very cheap rent compared to everything else in our area. Rent has really skyrocketed where we live since we moved to our current house almost 8 years ago. We live in the South, which is supposed to be cheaper than other areas, but when you make what my husband does, many things are still too expensive. We are lucky to have a landlord who isn't interested in hiking up the rent. If we had to move, I don't know what we'd do.

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

i also think Lori's hair looks really thin. It could be due to age, I guess; but I wonder if it is also due to poor nutrition.  

I noticed that too. Menopause thins hair to the point of baldness for some women. Poor nutrition and dehydration can also make you look like a prune. If she's using bowel cleanse daily to try to flush 2 pounds out, she's probably getting very dehydrated.

Spoiler

crypt.gif.d97e16093bf3b63cbba481fbfe2721ff.gif

A few random thoughts:

All the prattling on about housework and cooking made me think about Jesus with Mary and Martha. Yep, Jesus told Mary to get back in that kitchen didn't he?

There was a comment on FB by a homeschooling mom telling how she was busy with her kids and Lori tried to shame her for being out with her kids with homeschool classes and sports. Um no, that is a homeschooling mom who is doing it correctly. She is seeking out qualified teachers through co-ops because she is not arrogant enough to think she is qualified to teach all of the advanced subjects. I sure know I can't help my kids with Physics or Calculus.

And finally, how the hell does a family live on $9000 a year? The house must be paid for? That comes out $750 a month. In our family, that would cover food , electric, water, and insurance and gas for our cars.

Who gives a shit if a man cooks dinner? Can you imagine if everyone put such importance on mundane tasks? Headlines would read: "Local Man Cooks Dinner" or, "Mom With Two Kids Works Part Time" 

Mr Nova is the superior cook in our household. My food is good but he could have another career if he wanted to. I do 90 percent of the meals but he often cooks on the weekend as a hobby and its a treat. Someone call the newspaper.

1 hour ago, Corntree said:

I wondered if the $9K/year family had already paid off the mortgage on their house or something. And they could be getting some assistance they're not mentioning. I hate it when people make claims like that but they don't give you all the information. Like EowynW, my husband and I spend close to $9000 every year just on rent. And we have very cheap rent compared to everything else in our area. Rent has really skyrocketed where we live since we moved to our current house almost 8 years ago. We live in the South, which is supposed to be cheaper than other areas, but when you make what my husband does, many things are still too expensive. We are lucky to have a landlord who isn't interested in hiking up the rent. If we had to move, I don't know what we'd do.

I think there might be chance that the 9k a year family may have inherited a home. I have known several people who have inherited homes and moved into them. My cousin inherited my aunt's home after she passed. He said it helped him and his wife out. But, there were still property taxes and home expenses. My aunt was never really able to fix certain things in her house or paint rooms when she was alive due to money and illnesses. My cousin spent quite a bit fixing up the house. A high school friend of mine is living in Long Island in a home that his wife inherited from a relative. They are grateful, but living in LI is expensive.

Another possibility with the 9k family is that they are living in some kind of section 8 housing, but the woman isn't going to admit that on Lori's FB. I think a lot of the fangirls are getting some kind of private or public assistance. Like you said, they aren't giving all the information of how their large families live on income.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived