IGNORED

Lori Alexander 26: Fermented Pizza Crust Is More Important than Filling Her Empty Soul

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Women don't have strong sex drives? What the hell? I must be a man then. 

You and I are just exceptions *eye roll*

Seriously?  A picture of her pampered feet?  No thank you.

Now, what was it she said...

I used to wear shorts in the warmer months but I’m switching to wearing more dresses and skirts since I do believe they are more modest, especially as I grow older.

So far we've seen shorts up to Lord knows where, and now pants.

I'm a bit late to this party but I just have to comment on Lori's snarking on the dishevelled house...

I live in a small cluster of houses, where we've all been neighbours since the nineteen sixties. Literally every time a house has come free in the group, one of the extended family or next generation takes it, so it's been the same families for all that time. I'm living in what used to be my parents' house.

Anyhoo, when anyone has something going on that means they fall behind on their yard work (death/illness/disability/travel/whatever) the neighbourhood springs into action. It's totally hilarious to watch, because no one co-ordinates the effort and no one talks about it. The first rule of Gardening Club is that you don't talk about Gardening Club. 

So say X lives alone and breaks their leg so is going to be in hospital for a week at the height of the summer growing season. As soon as the word gets out, the neighbours will start appearing from the shadows. Neighbour K might be out mowing his own lawn so - with a surreptitious glance right and left to make sure they're not bring observed - K will quickly do X's too. But it's crucial that no one see him or comment or praise him for it!!!

So after K has slunk back into his own garden, Neighbour P will pop out, whistling casually, to prune her roses. And will slide THROUGH the hedge so she's not observed also popping in to do X's roses! Then Neighbour D will be out sweeping his driveway and...well, you get the idea!

Not kidding you guys, it's the funniest thing you've ever seen in your life! Yes, I mean it's obviously so kind and so well-intentioned and the wish to help out without credit or praise is commendable, but it's just so Mr. Bean!!! It's like some of them have watched too many CIA movies - they go full-on undercover agent and if you happen to be sitting with a friend and a glass of wine, it's better than anything on TV! If two of the neighbours encounter each other in the vicinity of X's garden it's all studied casualness and shrugs of I'm Not Up To Anything. And when one is out of sight, the other one produces a secateurs from under their jacket and starts dead-heading X's hanging baskets :pb_lol:

So here's my thought for Lori, with her judgement and unkindness and nasty, uncharitable way of looking at other people's homes: I feel so sorry for you. Your outlook on life and people is what guarantees you'll never be happy or even contented. What Would Jesus Do? I reckon he'd be the one with the secateurs under his jacket.

@IrishCarrie , I would love to see that in action. Hell, I'd love to live there, it sounds like so much fun! :pb_lol:

And I love the word 'secateurs.' :pb_smile:

2 minutes ago, Loveday said:

@IrishCarrie , I would love to see that in action. Hell, I'd love to live there, it sounds like so much fun! :pb_lol:

And I love the word 'secateurs.' :pb_smile:

Lol thanks - they're the best neighbours in the world! So kind, so helpful and yet genuinely respectful of each other's privacy and dignity...I really shouldn't joke about them but its Just So Funny!

I leave out my wheelie bin on a Monday night and when I come home from my ebil job on Tuesday evenings my bin is always neatly stashed in its place behind my house. No idea who does it - just another stealth operation by the neighbours!!! :my_biggrin:

On a serious note though, is there anything more beautiful than random acts of kindness with no thought of praise or reward? I really think it's what makes us divine.

Lori:

A woman’s natural use for her body is to have intercourse with her husband and from this have children and nurse them at her breast. 

What about the natural use of her hands to play piano, or chop wood, or program computers? What about the natural use of her legs to walk or run or press the gas pedal? What about the natural use of her mind?

Why do the sex parts define a body to Lori?

I swan if Lori doesn't stop with her incessant harangue that women are only good for sex and making babies, Imma gonna fly to Door County, find her and smack her silly.

I (we all ) are So. Much. More. than a vagina and a uterus.  I (we all) have worth that is not tied to genitalia.

Every time Lori open her mouth or types a word of this she is insulting every woman.  She is particularly insulting every single and /or childless woman -- including her oldest daughter.

One of Lori's recent fangirls wrote that although she has always wanted to marry, no "godly man" ever asked her.  Now in her mid-50s she's single, childless and supporting herself. Fortunately with more money as she finally went to college in her 40s after years of believing the "no college for girls'' nonsense.

Lori is saying this woman is worthless.

If anyone is worthless it's Lori.  What does she contribute to the world?  Is it a better place because she's in it?  Does she spread light, joy, love, kindness, grace, compassion, friendship, charity?

No -- it's all hate, judgement. smug superiority, shaming, bitterness, hypocrisy, blasphemy, nastiness, vile immodest details of her sex life, and bragging about her material wealth.

I submit that she adds nothing positive to anyone's life and that no one will miss her when she is gone.

Lori is miserable. She has chosen to be miserable and believes everyone else must be as miserable as she is. I don't believe for a minute that she and Ken have a warm, loving marriage. They're just two people who live together. She spews her bullshit, I believe, because she HATES that other people may have that sort of relationship, where the two people in the marriage care for each other, want the best for each other, 

She reminds me of my mother...my mother was a miserable, unhappy, bitter bitch. She HATED that anyone else would be happy so she had to talk shit to attempt to stir up hate and discontent. She'd talk about anybody and everybody who didn't meet her "standards", including her one and only child. Lori is the same way, but with a thicker coating of religion on top. 

I have noticed her oldest daughter has visited with Loris mom a few times on insty. Lori is missing out on that last bit of time with her mom. 

20 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

One of Lori's recent fangirls wrote that although she has always wanted to marry, no "godly man" every asked her.  Now in her mid-50s she's single, childless and supporting herself. Fortunately with more money as she finally went to college in her 40s after years of believing the "no college for girls'' nonsense.

I noticed that woman the other day. Is she still commenting on Lori's FB? If I was that woman I would have ditched Lori. I'm a bit curious about that woman saying that no godly man ever asked her. It sounds like a Sarah Malley's "Waiting for Prince Charming" situation meaning that she didn't really seek a husband and just expected some godly man to pursue her.

I had to laugh when I saw Lori's IG post with her bare feet propped against the window sill of her vacation home. 

I was just telling my husband that I'll be glad when summer is over because I am SO SICK of seeing pictures of feet all through my Facebook thread. Feet in the sand. Feet with a fresh pedicure. Feet that are "so sad flip flop season is ending." Feet feet feet!  I had my first pedicure last month and guess what! I didn't post a picture of my freshly painted toes. 

*my apologies to all my lovely friends who photograph their feet. I'm sure your feet are great - just not my thing. 

5 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I had to laugh when I saw Lori's IG post with her bare feet propped against the window sill of her vacation home. 

I was just telling my husband that I'll be glad when summer is over because I am SO SICK of seeing pictures of feet all through my Facebook thread. Feet in the sand. Feet with a fresh pedicure. Feet that are "so sad flip flop season is ending." Feet feet feet!  I had my first pedicure last month and guess what! I didn't post a picture of my freshly painted toes. 

*my apologies to all my lovely friends who photograph their feet. I'm sure your feet are great - just not my thing. 

I almost commented about her obvious reading here since just a few days ago several of us FJers were commenting on how repulsive we find feet. And then here we are, staring at a picture of her nasty-ass feet. 

Although I guess better a picture of her nasty-ass feet than another picture of her nasty ass.

:brainbleach:

That picture of the disheveled house really ticks me off. I suppose Lori's lawn service is mowing her lawn and caring for her trees while she is away. Most likely, her housekeeper is stopping by once or twice a week to check on things inside. If her house looks better than that disheveled one, it's no thanks to her! It's thanks to the people she hires to care for it!

(Spoken by someone who has been spending 4-5 hours/day gardening and fixing things outside during the last few days. It's fun, Lori! And more satisfying than correcting things online while parked in your recliner. Come out and try it)

@Red Hair, Black Dress,  your post about how we are so much more than our genitalia reminds me of something I read once about the woman who started the Quiverfull movement.  When she was in her 40s or 50s, she was diagnosed with a reproductive cancer and needed a total hysterectomy.  She became utterly depressed because she felt her life was without worth without her uterus and ovaries.  I think she attempted suicide and had to be hospitalized for a while.

Right now, we arenpainting the trim on the house, but for the much of the past month, the gutters have been down, the trim was painted a couple of unfortunate colors and the yard was unmowed because the mower wasn't working.  Our house looked pretty bad on the outside.  We're lucky enough that we could pay someone to paint the trim otherwise it wouldn't get done.  My husband also got the water out of the carburetor. 

A neighbor's house was in terrible shape, paintwise, and the people in the neighborhood decided to get together on a couple of Saturdays to paint the house.  It looks so much better now, but we still need to bush hog the backyard.  The neighbors are elderly and not in the best health.  Their son lives in Texas and the work was beyond their daughter who lives closer.  I'm glad the neighbors go together to paint the house.

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

One of Lori's recent fangirls wrote that although she has always wanted to marry, no "godly man" ever asked her.  Now in her mid-50s she's single, childless and supporting herself. Fortunately with more money as she finally went to college in her 40s after years of believing the "no college for girls'' nonsense.

And that pisses me off mightily.  How dare Lori decide that a woman who does not marry, or have children, is of no value? We don't know what this poor fangirl may have done with her life, beyond supporting herself and not being a burden on someone else (Lori spending money her hubby has earned, and buying a bunch of crap, anyone?). I don't know, beyond the quoted section, how this woman may have influenced those around her, or how much she may have helped others, but if she's done anything beneficial she's way ahead of Lori. Heck, just paying her taxes puts her ahead of Miss Oh-So-Holy, since some of that tax money helps feed, clothe, and provide shelter for those in need.  Lori just drains resources, and as far as I can tell gives back little or nothing. Maybe she should take a lesson from this woman, and I sincerely hope this woman is able to escape Lori's influence immediately!  

4 hours ago, BlackSheep said:

The last time that I had an extended vacation was when I was in grade school, and we were out for summertime.

Does 8 weeks maternity leave count as an extended vacation? If so, my last 8 week vacation was 5 years ago.

2 hours ago, Hisey said:

If her house looks better than that disheveled one, it's no thanks to her! It's thanks to the people she hires to care for it!

Exactly.  She's sitting her lazy self in a chair with her feet propped up, criticizing people she doesn't even know.

A maid kept Lori's house.  A nanny cared for Lori's children.  Ken cooked his own meals and did his own laundry while Lori did....NOTHING! 

When a reader pointed out that woman can do a lot when they put their minds to it, Godly Lori replied:

We sure can, Phylla, but it’s so much easier to ask someone else

Is that how the Proverbs woman did it, Lori?  Did she prop her feet up (snap a pic of her nasty feet) and ask someone else to do everything for her?  Did she sit around whining that her father and daughter weren't spoiling her EXACTLY how she wanted to be spoiled? Did she try to make the people who were waiting on her hand and foot "feel bad"?  (see: potato story)

Side note- I am really saddened that Lori has wasted the last 7 weeks and counting pampering herself.  It seems like her mom's condition is very serious (Lori recently wrote that she isn't doing well), and what does Lori do?  Take herself on vacation.  

Who does that?  Queen Lori, that's who.

I know I'm getting weird and nitpicky here but:

I assume her whole hang up with people only being as good as their reproductiveness is because of the "out breeding the non-believers" bs.  She and her hardcore followers love to throw out the line of "where's the scriptural basis for X" or "it doesn't say a woman should play a piano".  OK.  I went to Bible Hub and typed in the word jury.  I know there are judges in the bible, but apparently no jury.  So should all the places that use that judicial practice stop?  I also couldn't find the word fingernail.  Sooooo are we not supposed to have them?  Or clip them, paint them, bite them?  Apparently we're not "under the law" anymore so cutting my hair or wearing pants is moot, unless Peter specifically said something about it?  Just for fun, I typed in dog...got some hits.  Typed in cat...nada.  Soooo are cats of de debil?  Exactly how far are we to take the literals?  Don't even get me started on the unicorn.  

And just to be a snot because I'm feeling it:  From her beloved Titus 2, this KJV translation clearly states that elder men should be sober, and the women simply should be "not given to much wine".   It doesn't specifically say that we cannot imbibe alcohol!  Party on Gals.  :martinismiley:

But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine: 2That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.

3The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;

And since she's going over the story of the Proverbs woman, here's what Proverbs Lori is *really* like, for those of you who are just joining us:

Spoiler

Is wanting a potato so bad?  That is all I wanted.  After several days of excruciating pain and not hardly able to eat anything, I just wanted a potato, something soft and filling.  I asked my dad to stop by my favorite health food store and pick up some vegetable soup.

He brought me chicken noodle. No potatoes...I asked Cassi to buy me some potatoes.  The next day I went to put a potato in the oven and all the potatoes were green with brown spots all over them.  No potatoes...

The next day, she bought me some good potatoes and made a big pot of vegetable soup for me.  I couldn't wait to finally have some potatoes.  I went to get some soup and there was not ONE potato in the whole soup!!!  I almost lost it.  I did shed a few tears.  I wanted to text her, "Where are the potatoes???"  Make her feel bad, you know.  Then I remembered she put in all that effort to buy all the ingredients for me and cut up all the vegetables.

The day before, my dad was visiting me and gave me a foot massage and read some of My Utmost For His Highest to me as I sat with frozen peas on my head.  He read about self-pity being satanic.

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/search?q=potatoes

5 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

I know I'm getting weird and nitpicky here but:

I assume her whole hang up with people only being as good as their reproductiveness is because of the "out breeding the non-believers" bs.  She and her hardcore followers love to throw out the line of "where's the scriptural basis for X" or "it doesn't say a woman should play a piano".  

Yet Lori has said there doesn't have to be a verse for everything.

598cae2631d07_goddoesnthavetogiveaverseforeverything.thumb.png.c57608853c8b27d20f0c67d1111533e2.png

28 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Yet Lori has said there doesn't have to be a verse for everything.

598cae2631d07_goddoesnthavetogiveaverseforeverything.thumb.png.c57608853c8b27d20f0c67d1111533e2.png

I found the most recent bits and pieces from her leghumpers doing the "there's no scriptural/biblical evidence..." thing but I'm trying to remember where the last time I saw it from she, herself.  I think Koala did a back to back using the example you have above and one where she's taking someone apart using the literal readings.  

I will give the old broad this much, she makes me think and causes me to go research and look for answers to things that don't make any sense.  Oddly enough I can say in the two years I've been visiting FJ I've learned more about Catholic dogma and theology in general than I ever did in the 26 years I spent bouncing between Catholic and southern Baptist churches.  I don't know much about the Bible... but I know this:  Lori is an opportunist.  As long as she can twist a line to fit her needs...she's gonna do it.  

Oh fuck this bitch. I'm here waiting for the pain meds to kick in so I can clean up my kitchen, pick up the living room, pick up the bedroom and make my bed. My hubby will get frustrated at me for doing it all but he's working today and I don't want him to have to do things when he gets home from work tonight. I'd love a housekeeper right now...but that's not in the budget. So I'll do what I can so hubby won't have to do it when he gets home. 

I would NOT have a shit fit over a fucking potato. I mean...I could, if I wanted to be a self-centered child about things. But, seeing as how I'm grown, nah...at the appropriate time, I might mention that I wanted potatoes in my soup...although, how hard is it to take a couple of them, scrub 'em down good, cut them up and toss them in the soup. Let it warm for 10-15 minutes and the taters would be cooked too. 

Have I mentioned that I hate this bitch? She and the mother would have gotten along very well. 

Ken:

We don’t know if women in general have the capacity intellectually to be as creative or determined to press forward in inventions and progress as men because up until now 98% of all things invented and built has been created by men, not women. Will women catch up to men now with their new found freedom created by jobs not requiring muscles and stamina? Only time will tell, but there is a lot of catching up to do and the progress is not happening at the rate many think it can. 

We just don't know if women can be as smart as man! Hasn't been enough time to prove it! And Gee, this new found freedom, thank a feminist. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived