IGNORED

Dillards 34: Finding Contentment

samurai_sarah

7 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

^Yep. "Whoops, I had sex with my wife so much our honeymoon that she forgot  wasn't allowed to eat or sleep and passed out. SILLY WOMAN!"

Fixed that for you.  

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ravenpuff here and there theme park is on my bucket list!

If you go I would recommend January to very early February. Or just after American Thanksgiving. The crowds are very small and you can come close to walking right on the rides. The same for Disney World as well.

Staying in an off site hotel is not that bad. But get one in within walking distance. Because the buses for hotels that are not consider on site have a horrible schedules & just not worth bothering with it for the most part. If staying on site the Cabbanna Bay hotel is amazing.

I was just there in late March for the second time. It was fun but crowds were mental compare to when I was there after Thanksgiving.

5 hours ago, CoveredInBees said:

We drove from 'up north' (midlands ;) ) so we didn't take it, we braved the M25 instead. We saw it though (we were early so we hung about eating ham sandwiches before we went in) it's clearly the HP bus (big purple, huge pic of Harry Potter on the side) and it was coming and going on a very regular basis. 

Take money ;) the shop is AMAZING! (So is the rest of it, but I have a mug shaped like a cauldron now) :) 

I'm reeeeeaaallly jealous now! A visit is on my bucket list. Sounds brilliant.

<snip> Something happened, and it happened to Jill. I feel just terrible for her....even though we could ALL see the danger. And....remember that aneurysm?? That's another worry. I just hope she gets REAL support.

Aneurysm??  Also add me to the camp that believes something traumatic happened to Jill.  I also believe the only pic we have of Jill with her holding Sam is of her holding Sam for the first time.  I really like the pic and can't look away, it's raw, it's real and portrays a Duggar as an actual woman wrought with silent emotion and grief, which is the reality of life and not that of a girly wife playing house with a plastic smile holding her latest arrow for Jesus.  Somehow, whatever happened makes me feel like it's gonna tip the scales as far as Duggar fantasy world.  Josh didn't (surprise) but maybe it will be Jill and my heart goes out to her.

28 minutes ago, klabourdeth said:

If you go I would recommend January to very early February. Or just after American Thanksgiving. The crowds are very small and you can come close to walking right on the rides. The same for Disney World as well.

Staying in an off site hotel is not that bad. But get one in within walking distance. Because the buses for hotels that are not consider on site have a horrible schedules & just not worth bothering with it for the most part. If staying on site the Cabbanna Bay hotel is amazing.

I was just there in late March for the second time. It was fun but crowds were mental compare to when I was there after Thanksgiving.

Go on a Monday in January, but NOT on Martin Luther King day. Uber is easy and cheap from an offsite hotel. You MUST get the park-to-park pass so you can see both Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade. Hogwarts is in Hogsmeade. The Hogwarts Express runs between the two parks and you need to take it both ways for the story you get as part of the ride. Go single-rider line if you can and you'll get on the rides quickly. Seriously, if all you're doing is the Harry Potter stuff you can be done in less than 8 hours, easily. Also, don't bother with the speed pass because it doesn't work on all the HP rides. Eat a full English breakfast at the Leaky Cauldron. He fish-n-chips there is good too, for lunch. Wear your house colors!!!!!

1 hour ago, Kjaerringa said:

Ok. It's Saturday. People's big scoop is JinJer's date. We have ONE picture of Jill, looking frail but very loving. Sam's got jaundice and a few other things possibly going on...but we have tons of photos of him. Something happened, and it happened to Jill. I feel just terrible for her....even though we could ALL see the danger. And....remember that aneurysm?? That's another worry. I just hope she gets REAL support.

There was never supposed to be a 'big scoop' today. It seems that rumour was based on one completely random person leaving a comment on Facebook suggesting that Jill and Derick would update re: Samuel on Saturday. But Jill and Derick updated before Saturday. I'm not sure why that comment morphed into 'something huge is happening on Saturday', but that's all it was.

Something happened to Jill, yes: she had a 40-hour labour and a repeat emergency c-section. 

What aneurysm? She had her carotid artery checked out, and everything came back normal. She mentioned that there may be some familial risk for aneurysms, but she herself (as far as I know) hasn't had one.

If something really serious had happened to Jill, I have an incredibly hard time believing that they'd all be acting perfectly normal and chipper, telling everyone that she's 'doing well', and not putting out some pretty major prayer requests.

Health classes should just shut up about abstinence only education and bring in mothers to talk about tearing and such. That's effective birth control. :shock:

I went to the Harry Potter studios in May. It was a religious experience. I spent 6 hours there. I would have spent more if my parents didn't drag me away because we had Cursed Child tickets. Average visit is 3 hours. 

I second @SapphireSlytherin's recommendations for Wizarding World.

1 hour ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Health classes should just shut up about abstinence only education and bring in mothers to talk about tearing and such. That's effective birth control. :shock:

LMAO. They should also emphasize how expensive and life-altering (likely life-ruining when you're a teen) it is to have a child. All I remember being told is how if I had sex before marriage, I would have nothing to give my husband on our wedding night (which even as a 13-year-old I realized was BS). 

9 hours ago, xlurker said:

Or possibly have a group plan and insure everyone (of the adults) as employees

This is a legitimate option.

It is also possible they are on Medicaid. A lot of white Christians have no problem with white Christians being on Medicaid. Everyone else is the problem.

If neither of the above are true, then Jill/Derick will have to pay some monthly sum for the rest of their lives to pay off these hospital births. With this trend though, it's likely someone will be smart enough going forward to at least get Jill properly insured.

A friend of mine paid $23,000 for her uninsured emergency c-section, and that was a long time ago.

The Duggars have a net worth in the millions. They get paid $25,000-75,000 per episode. Jill's net worth is reported to be $400,000. I'm sure they have interest bearing accounts and trust funds. They're probably comfortable just living off the interest. That's why none of them will ever need to get real jobs. They can afford private insurance, and if they didn't have the sense to get any, they can afford to pay the hospital costs. It won't break them to pay cash. Other people with less resources have done it. 

Good grief.   I looked at the Jill picture on insta and read some comments.  Some are asking if it's true she had a hysterectomy.   Wtf!  Not cool.  I just wouldn't do that.  The speculation on here, she has to look for it.  On her or Dericks insta?  Inappropriate imo.

I do love that pic, very touching.  I can't tell if something is wrong or if she's just beat and on pain killers.  Hopefully the latter.  I really can't bag on a new mom.  *except, put your phone down hun. : )

Funny how quickly speculation can get taken as fact.

I do think it's likely that having another C-section and its implication on future births has been hard on her mentally, but we really don't know how Jill is feeling right now. For all we know she could be totally in denial and expecting to have 18 VBACs!

2 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Yeah... I'm about to have my first in a few weeks and y'all are scaring me worse than my Tuesday night labor and delivery classes haha. 

2 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

Yeah... I'm about to have my first in a few weeks and y'all are scaring me worse than my Tuesday night labor and delivery classes haha. 

I'm currently trying to figure out how to implant my uterus into my future husband so he has to deal with pregnancy and child birth instead.

2 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Or even level 4 episiotomies.  That makes tearing look like a trip for ice cream.

2 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I'm currently trying to figure out how to implant my uterus into my future husband so he has to deal with pregnancy and child birth instead.

Mr. Presby only has 1 child and that is the youngest little Elvis.  I had a crash c-section that time and he barely made it into the room before little Elvis came out.  Doc asked if he wanted to see the baby come out.  He said no. Doc said, then sit down fast!  

He has told me many times that if the continuation of humans depended on him then that would be the end of humans.

24 minutes ago, Elvis Presby said:

He has told me many times that if the continuation of humans depended on him then that would be the end of humans.

My husband says the same. Giving birth is wonderful and scary all at once. Having the baby makes you forget some of the craziness you go through getting them out. Congrats @Daisy0322! Wishing you a quick and easy birth and a healthy LO. And I will say it's nice after to not have a watermelon strapped to your stomach.  Bending over easily brings such joy!

Ha ha @Daisy0322 and @HarryPotterFan, sorry to be part of the moms-who-tore and probably scared you.  It'll be ok! It's life and, at the end of the day, it was completely worth it and I would do it again. I mean, I went though it the first time and then willingly got pregnant again! 

27 minutes ago, JMO said:

Congrats @Daisy0322! Wishing you a quick and easy birth and a healthy LO. And I will say it's nice after to not have a watermelon strapped to your stomach.  Bending over easily brings such joy!

THANK YOU... oh bending over is just the start! I am so stoked to get off partial bedrest... I've only been allowed up 6 hours a day since 19 weeks. 

16 minutes ago, sparklymagie said:

Ha ha @Daisy0322 and @HarryPotterFan, sorry to be part of the moms-who-tore and probably scared you.  It'll be ok! It's life and, at the end of the day, it was completely worth it and I would do it again. I mean, I went though it the first time and then willingly got pregnant again! 

Lol everyone keeps saying it'll all be worth it... it helps to hear. However, that is followed by more horror stories of how terrible it is raising kids, many times :pb_lol:

12 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

^Yep. "Whoops, I had sex with my wife so much our honeymoon that she forgot to eat and passed out. SILLY WOMAN!"

I hate them so much. 

What?! Did he write that? 

I'm a 23 year old woman and I'll admit I cried when my mom told me what episiotomies were, and I learned more about trauma during birth during my women's health class. To all women who brought a child into this world no matter how, you are incredible human beings.

Also Congrats @Daisy0322!

4 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Health classes should just shut up about abstinence only education and bring in mothers to talk about tearing and such.

In high school, I want to say my jr year, we had an assembly where they showed us a slide show of different infections, described what was happening, showed us some horrific looking treatments.  You often couldn't figure out what you were looking at sort of advanced disease processes.  I still have nightmares!  By the end  of the assembly pretty much everyone in the room was kind of doubled over, legs crossed, and green. 

5 hours ago, singsingsing said:

If something really serious had happened to Jill, I have an incredibly hard time believing that they'd all be acting perfectly normal and chipper, telling everyone that she's 'doing well', and not putting out some pretty major prayer requests.

Most likely you are correct. Prayer requests + publicity opportunity.

However, it's also possible that either

1) Jill isn't doing well and doesn't want whatever it is public- at least not until she has come to terms with it herself 

or

2) if it  involves something legal in nature (potential malpractice in the families eyes, etc) and they are being advised to keep their mouths shut.

this publicity/family has responded to this birth differently IMO, but who knows. Given Anna's last birth couldn't be much of a media spotlight either maybe it's a new era.

im sure time will tell.

12 hours ago, evolutionbaby said:

There are ways around this. I think that if everyone is a "Duggar Family Entertainment" employee then he can get a group health plan. Anna could be the carrier for her family, as she appears on the show, with Josh listed as the spouse. Or they could give Josh an "administrative" or "management" position.

Well, he has managed to screw things up for the rest of them, if that counts.

4 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Conception might be a bit of a problem, though.

On 14/07/2017 at 0:57 AM, marmalade said:

It's an apnea monitor. A poster from another borad recognized it. She suspects that Sammy will be portably monitored at home for a few months. I guess the good news is that if that's the case, it will delay thier return to Danger America. 

That's good then. - I was on one of those things until 6mts and I'm Ok at 34 (leastwise, mostly Ok and the rest could not be attributed to the monitor).

On 14/07/2017 at 4:00 AM, unicorncastle said:

My goodness! You just can't please some people, can you? First, everyone was up in arms that they weren't posting any pictures and now all people can do is make crazy, ridiculous assumptions and critique the quality, angles, and lighting?! I think everyone looks fine. Jill looks like she's absolutely in love with her new son. She also looks like she just had major surgery, oh wait, because she did. I really would love for some of you to share your first few photos after having given birth for all of us to critique. And yes I understand they chose to live in the spotlight but FFS they really are damned if they do and damned if they don't. 

I would be happy to, only there weren't any - MIL said to the ex that if I was allowed any it would make me more problematic (ie think I had a say in how he was to be raised vs the family's previous way).

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived