IGNORED

Dillards 34: Finding Contentment

samurai_sarah

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if it was mentioned, but while scouring the interwebs for new Baby Samuel updates, I did notice that Jill tweeted a happy birthday to James July 7 at 11:34pm - 14ish hours before scheduled C-section (Source Jill's twitter)

So perhaps she was already at the hospital on pain meds being watched before the next day's C-Section?

I can't imagine being in painful labor without any type of medication for 30 hours and then thinking, oh darn, better tweet.

**However, I've never given birth, so this is opinion without labor/birth experience

Capture.PNG

Who knows? She may have just handed her twitter over to one of her sisters to send it at the appropriate time. Sometimes I draft things earlier than I send them.

IT could have been a nice distraction from the pain.  She seems to have really connected with her buddy team so I could see it being important to her that she wishes James a happy birthday.  

7 minutes ago, Chewing Gum said:

@kachuu: You can pre-scedule tweets right? That's probably what happened. 

Absolutely right-- i totally forgot about that.

Tells you how much i tweet :my_blush:

@singsingsing You bring up some interesting points about what happens when fundie ideology clashes with reality.  

Unfortunately Jill has a pretty terrible role model in Michelle.  After the experience with Josie, most women would probably never try again, or at least would wait for a few years to recover (and generally only if Josie was their only kid and they wanted to try for a sibling). 

But Michelle got pregnant with Jubilee after Josie had been out of the NICU for maybe a year, still in pretty fragile condition.  Plus, Michelle was in her mid-40s at that point, meaning that any pregnancy would be very high-risk, and she had already filled her quiver by any definition.  So if Michelle, 40-something mother of NINETEEN, didn't stop after an extremely complicated premature delivery in which she and her child could have died....what hope do we have for Jill, a 20-something mother of two whose primary life goal is to be fruitful and multiply?

What is the fundie stance on surrogacy? If for example, a young fundie woman did have a hysterectomy or was otherwise unable to carry a child but her ovaries remained intact and her eggs were viable.....would surrogacy be something they would ever consider? Or is that a huge no no?

@lomo6,  I know it took me a few years before I was ready to try for another baby after Katherine died. I also didn't really rest emotionally until I was past the 26 week mark which is the estimated gestational age of Katherine at birth.   I could not face another crisis birth, another 4 months in the NICU.  

As it turned out, I saw an LLL Leader friend of mine at the 1990 Leader Development Seminar in Charlotte.  She said "I knew you'd be pregnant!"  We'd only been pregnant at the same time together 3 times before including when I was pregnant with Katherine.

Is it bad that I sometimes think of Katherine and her younger sister as 4a and 4b?

Still nothing from these folks? Was  the c-section scheduled? If there's been no word, I'd think this was more on the baby end. We do know that he had some early complications.

4 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

What is the fundie stance on surrogacy? If for example, a young fundie woman did have a hysterectomy or was otherwise unable to carry a child but her ovaries remained intact and her eggs were viable.....would surrogacy be something they would ever consider? Or is that a huge no no?

I would assume no, unless only one or two of her eggs were harvested, fertilized, and implanted in the surrogate. Life begins at conception and it would be murder for the unused eggs to be disposed of after the procedure. 

Since when can you pre-schedule tweets? I've had a twitter account for 8 years and have never seen an option for that. I'd be surprised if Jill had a scheduled C section what with her history of being an idiot. She probably just sent it at home while trying to have her VBAC. 

2 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Since when can you pre-schedule tweets? I've had a twitter account for 8 years and have never seen an option for that. I'd be surprised if Jill had a scheduled C section what with her history of being an idiot. She probably just sent it at home while trying to have her VBAC. 

https://www.cnet.com/pictures/6-ways-to-schedule-your-tweets/

Tweets can definitely be scheduled.

I also agree that she didnt have a scheduled anything, especially considering Dwrecks (now deleted) comment about 40 hours of labor. I wish we had a screenshot of that... 

Just now, HarleyQuinn said:

You can! It's pretty common for businesses to do that

4 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Since when can you pre-schedule tweets? 

There are lots of free tools that can schedule all kinds of social media content. We use Hootsuite at my work for Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

You have to be careful, though. Media gaffes can easily happen if you're scheduling too far in advance without keeping an eye on current events.

PennySycamore,my brother and his then wife lost a child.My ex SIL had a condition,that caused her to go into labor way too,soon an incompetent cervix.Their first child, a girl,Grace came at 20 weeks.She lived for 2 weeks,it was so sad.My SIL got pregnant again within a few months,it was planned.The doctor had to put a stitch,there is another name,but I can't spell it but she was able to carry to full term,for my niece in 93 and my nephew in 95,both times C sections.

2 minutes ago, melon said:

PennySycamore,my brother and his then wife lost a child.My ex SIL had a condition,that caused her to go into labor way too,soon an incompetent cervix.Their first child, a girl,Grace came at 20 weeks.She lived for 2 weeks,it was so sad.My SIL got pregnant again within a few months,it was planned.The doctor had to put a stitch,there is another name,but I can't spell it but she was able to carry to full term,for my niece in 93 and my nephew in 95,both times C sections.

I believe what you're describing is called a cervical cerclage. 

The C-Section was definitely not scheduled. She would not have labored for 40 hours, if it was scheduled. 

15 minutes ago, Quiver Full of Kittens said:

Life begins at conception and it would be murder for the unused eggs to be disposed of after the procedure.

There are actually Christian "embryo adoption" ministries, in which fertilized eggs left over from such procedures are implanted in an "adoptive" Christian mommy instead of being destroyed.

2 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

Is it bad that I sometimes think of Katherine and her younger sister as 4a and 4b?

I think everyone has they're way of coping and none of it is wrong.

i want to share a story but it may be triggering. I just know hearing other people's experiences helps me personally, so I leave it here for you to do with what you will.

Spoiler

When I was a hospice aide I had a woman in her late 90's that I cared for and she spent a lot of her time talking about her baby that passed. I think it was an important thing for her to feel that he was recognized. She ALWAYS referred to him as her first son and found a lot of comfort feeling that she could care for him in heaven. Something about this story really speaks to me about the strength of a mothers love. 

6 minutes ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

The picture of Jill on the side bar asking for money for "bibles" is an odd picture to use.  What is going on there? They really don't have a better picture of themselves with the locals?  

Methinks they are really novices on the social media front -- I know 12 year olds who could put together a more compelling website.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived