IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 3: Running Toward Marriage

Coconut Flan

21 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Down and Dirty (Jesus), superquick Photoshop (because I am in a hurry). IOW, I can do better, but....

Lol! Unfortunate eyeline if we're going for jesusesque. Made me roar laughing though. ;)

15 minutes ago, Mayluka said:

Definitely not my best work, but it's something.

Also, @SapphireSlytherin - nice work! Yours captures a certain creepiness of Dirty Hippie Jesus... :pb_lol:

This one wins ...something fabulous and shiny! ;)

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Duggar in-laws being awkwardly photoshopped into engagement/wedding pictures may be my new favorite thing. :pb_lol:

I don't have Photoshop, but would love to see Hippie Jesus standing up between them, reminding them to leave room for Jesus (since they're probably not big on the Holy Ghost). Their legs look awfully close to each other by Duggar standards.

I'm going to admit to being somewhat bitter about Kendra's hair.  Mine is a fine, flat, curly frizzy mess.

We need to keep going with this meme. I'm going to hop on GIMP tomorrow and try lol

(GiMP is a free photoshop-lite)

7 hours ago, MotherOfDragons said:

When I look at Kendra, all I see is a mix of Jana Duggar and Erin Bates Paine...

That's who she looks like! I've been trying to figure out who Kendra remind me off. 

Omg, Derrick being all creepily photoshopped in those engagement photos is just hilarious! :pb_lol:

Derrick: Now remember kiddos, leave enough room for a bible to fit between you! :naughty:

Joe and Kendra from kissy-hand photo: Give us 24 hours, and we will have the bible from our other pic scanned to a USB card! :dance: :brainbleach:

19 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Hoi!:dance:

Nice to see more Dutchies here :)

Yep, da's leuk! :my_biggrin: (That's nice!). I do think we need to translate everything we say 'cause it's rude if we don't. 

But now that I have some Dutchies attention, did you read about the articles on Jehova's whitnesses being a periodiek paradise? It's on Nu.nl. Apparently they have their own 'legal' system which includes the elder members condemning (or not) any members that have made "mistakes". Non of which is shared with the community. Only when they feel they needed to turn them in to the police and someone actually gets convicted by common law, THEN they communicatie it with the rest of the community. Which makes it even ander to catch the elders who abuse, since they're judge as well. F*cked up system...

9 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Duggar in-laws being awkwardly photoshopped into engagement/wedding pictures may be my new favorite thing. :pb_lol:

Agreed. I would love to see some already married couples with photoshopped Derick in them. 

11 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Ooo could you imagine come Christmas - we could do a beautiful nativity arrangement for a card front! ...there may be a bespoke business in this - quick! We assert our collective artists' rights to this idea.

1 hour ago, Chewing Gum said:

Yep, da's leuk! :my_biggrin: (That's nice!). I do think we need to translate everything we say 'cause it's rude if we don't. 

But now that I have some Dutchies attention, did you read about the articles on Jehova's whitnesses being a periodiek paradise? It's on Nu.nl. Apparently they have their own 'legal' system which includes the elder members condemning (or not) any members that have made "mistakes". Non of which is shared with the community. Only when they feel they needed to turn them in to the police and someone actually gets convicted by common law, THEN they communicatie it with the rest of the community. Which makes it even ander to catch the elders who abuse, since they're judge as well. F*cked up system...

If you search on YouTube for " Real Stories" documentaries, there's one that covers that very topic. It has a UK bias, but covers global practice.

Fair trigger warning as it's discussed in the film: if a female (in the case of the film, a minor at the time) accuses a grown man of abuse, their custom is that when she is heard by the elders, she must sit opposite the abuser while she tells.

On 7/20/2017 at 10:19 AM, MayMay1123 said:

is kendra wearing two shirts (brown over white...why not just wear one modest shirt if the brown is see-through or whatever?) AND two skirts (looks like a darker blue peeking out from under the denim, maybe its a slip? under denim!)...not like its cold in AK in july..

Actually it can get pretty chilly in AK in July :pb_lol:

17 hours ago, Jatalie1996 said:

TLC has a bunch of the engagement photos on their website. In one of them, Joe is kissing Kendra's hands, so I guess that's allowed now??

In theory, anything is allowed except for sex as that's a sin. Per the Duggars, the couples set there own standards. 

I think this really stems from Kendra not being a Duggar. To her, this level of purity is not normal. I'm sure she has friends who have kissed their betrothed. I'd guess that the hansiness comes from her. Joe doesn't exactly need to worry about maintaining his pure image the same way his sisters might. 

I think it's sweet, and a positive sign. The body language is good. *insert usual rant about age and inexperience,* yet it seems Joe really treasures her. And not in a "I'm getting my godly reward" but more of a chad "this girl means everything to me."

46 minutes ago, veron1que said:

I think this really stems from Kendra not being a Duggar. To her, this level of purity is not normal. I'm sure she has friends who have kissed their betrothed. I'd guess that the hansiness comes from her. Joe doesn't exactly need to worry about maintaining his pure image the same way his sisters might. 

I actually think it's the other way around. Kendra is a pastor's daughter, and their courtship has actually seemed to have stricter rules than the other recent Duggar courtships (Joy and Jinger). For example, they waited to say "I love you" until engagement, whereas Joy and Jinger were both saying it during courtship (at least that soon - Jinger possibly even earlier since she said it right after Jeremy asked her to court). 

I also think the Duggars (and Kendra) probably look at kissing the hands as being an old-fashioned and chivalrous gesture, which is why it is acceptable. It's not that much of a stretch from just holding hands, and they're about as far apart as possible in the hand-kissing photos anyway.

3 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

I havens't seen the article, do you have a link?

2 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

Actually it can get pretty chilly in AK in July :pb_lol:

July in Alaska is probably chilly. Arkansas is AR.

Ben said I love you to Jessa in the cooking episode with his sisters present.  According to Jessa she said she cried he said it the first time.  They were the ones who were hands off during their engagement opposed to her sister who could have boned jeremy on the couch endlessly 

7 minutes ago, nst said:

Ben said I love you to Jessa in the cooking episode with his sisters present.  According to Jessa she said she cried he said it the first time.  They were the ones who were hands off during their engagement opposed to her sister who could have boned jeremy on the couch endlessly 

Just musing in mixed metaphor, not to be taken real seriously. But we know Jessa and Ben were hot for each other; anyone could see it. They might have established that extra strictness for themselves because they knew they'd be lighting a match to the curtains if they didn't. And it's likely that Jeremy and Jinger had a similar idea, only theirs was to...open the steam valve just a little by hugging for real and being more touchy.

Just now, backyard sylph said:

Just musing in mixed metaphor, not to be taken real seriously. But we know Jessa and Ben were hot for each other; anyone could see it. They might have established that extra strictness for themselves because they knew they'd be lighting a match to the curtains. And it's likely that Jeremy and Jinger had a similar idea, only theirs was to...open the steam valve just a little by hugging for real and being more touchy.

anyone could see it yes..and they hid it well with their gestures and what not...and probably because Ben was a teenager. And I think Ben was afraid of JB and Michelle whereas Jeremy could have cared less and Jinger took her cues from him.  Ben it seems tortured emotionally dealing with JB and living with the Duggars which lead to to a storyline.  

18 hours ago, Mayluka said:

Definitely not my best work, but it's something.

Oh my goodness, this made my day. :pb_lol:

Now all we need is over-the-top-excited pregnant Jill on the other side, and this would be the most perfect fundie picture ever!

20170722_105021.jpg

The Bates go to photographer is WAY better than this person. Even Jingers photo look more professional. 

1 hour ago, MotherOfDragons said:

Now all we need is over-the-top-excited pregnant Jill on the other side, and this would be the most perfect fundie picture ever!

Ask and ye shall receive. 

FJ2.png.fee5f67ca5469f0e123b620b35d6e5c5.png

Question (sorry if this has already been covered and I just missed it): Do we have any details about or close up pictures of Kendra's engagement ring? Based on the engagement photos, it appears to be the standard "simple" 1/2-3/4 carat solitaire diamond that most (all?) of the other Duggar girls have gotten. And I imagine it came from White's like the others' rings did.

*Note - I only use the word "simple" because I remember at least one of the husbands using that word to describe the ring he bought.

51 minutes ago, Mayluka said:

You win the Internet today, my friend. That's freakin' fabulous! :clap:

5 hours ago, Mayluka said:

Inadvertent apparent ventriloquy FTW!

There is one thing I keep going back to: you know when Joe and her father were talking under that car bonnet (damn silly place to ask someone something that might cause them to jump)? Didn't he say something along the lines of 'I'm not going to stop what the Lord is doing...'

Seems an odd way to phrase it.

5 hours ago, Mayluka said:

I haven't laughed this hard at anything in a long time. Amazing.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived