IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 3: Running Toward Marriage

Coconut Flan

We didn't ask for gift cards but my sister got us some anyway. It was one of the best gifts we got because we were studying for the bar and wouldn't have gone out without something like that to remind us to go spend time doing other things (also were trying to find jobs so we didn't spend money on anything at the time).  That being said, its a weird thing to ask for.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Queen said:

I think "drooling over The Babe" would be a great post count title ;) 

How would we know which "babe?" :56247958af296_32(20):

13 hours ago, marmalade said:

:pb_lol:  Isn't Jeremy being called The Babe in some recent threads? ;) I love that nickname for him! JinJer as a couple could also be called The Babes... (Or Baaaabes? lol)

16 hours ago, ThunderRolls said:

So far I haven't seen them shy away from the cameras that much. I mean, this is the Duggar who proposed to his girlfriend at his sister's wedding. 

I dunno. At least the cameras were already there. They weren't there specifically to see him walk around the house with her. After the proposal, the cameras turned back to JoStin and the rest of the fam. Might have been a win for Joe, KWIM? "Yeah, I'll play along with this dog and pony show.... SO FAR."

51 minutes ago, Queen said:

:pb_lol:  Isn't Jeremy being called The Babe in some recent threads? ;) I love that nickname for him! JinJer as a couple could also be called The Babes... (Or Baaaabes? lol)

In my mind, Jinger is 'Babe' and Jeremy is 'Baaaaaaaabe!'

@Four is Enough- I will concede that the cameras were already there at Joy and Austin's wedding, but I'm still suspect that the proposal was probably "suggested" by TLC to make things a bit more interesting. And how about when Joe was filmed going to Kendra's dad to ask permission to court her? I think Joe is just not deemed as interesting by the producers so he hasn't had a lot of special focus on him - I don't think it necessarily means he shies away from the limelight.* I will reserve further judgement AFTER he and Kendra get married, though - that seems to be when the Instagram and Twitter accounts burst forth to further stoke the fame train. 

*I do think Joe is probably one of the more naturally reserved Duggars. He's only the second male Duggar to get engaged (and presumably married) - the only other is Josh who totally hammed up his courtship, engagement, and wedding. By comparison, Joe seems downright saintly. 

I was just thinking, though, that there was no huge elaborate setup for the proposal.. like a scavenger hunt?  which makes me feel that he'll do it to an extent. I'm hoping that there will at least be a delay on the instagram/family website after marriage. To me, that depends on Kendra's need for fame more than Joe's. I think he'd be content to have  a much smaller role outside the house... as in no screen presence. As long as he lives with Daddy, he's probably obligated to appear. On his own? Let's wait and see.

On 14/07/2017 at 0:37 PM, kachuu said:

I think so. Jessa, Jill & Jinger all follow @austinandjoyforsyth

Didn't one of them 'introduce' the Forsythe account too?

1 hour ago, Four is Enough said:

, that depends on Kendra's need for fame more than Joe's.

Definitely. I don't think Joe is naturally inclined to seek out the limelight but will go along with Kendra's desires like he goes along with the Boob and Michelle's wishes for the show now. 

On 14/07/2017 at 1:51 PM, Daisy0322 said:

...Anyways, all this to say that I think that fundy men are not suppose to show real interest or admiration toward their significant other.

As my headship used to like to remind me: "You married into my house. It's not about you. The Bible does not require your comfort. Your function is to aid me."

16 hours ago, Greendoor said:

Maybe the Claire's stuff is for bridesmaids gifts?

Would they be "allowed" to do that though? Mr MIO & I aren't asking for anything and my ex MIL apparently had a registry for 'us' the first time (Don't really care - not my family she defrauded - her own deserves it).

My understanding of these things (limited), is that if you're lucky enough to be given a present, then you open it quietly, at home, write a nice letter by hand and can then use the item?

1 hour ago, ThunderRolls said:

I think Joe is just not deemed as interesting by the producers so he hasn't had a lot of special focus on him 

I've often wondered why they didn't do something with his time away at college? They'd have had something dangerously approaching a plot if they did.

I think Joe's time away at college was supposed to be a plot point for the next season of 19K&C, the one that never aired.

26 minutes ago, MadeItOut said:

Didn't one of them 'introduce' the Forsythe account too?

I think the Duggar family account was the one who introduced it, but I don't follow Jill or Jessa, so I don't know if they did this as well.

9 minutes ago, MadeItOut said:

PS can someone please help with the weirdness at top? Everything I try makes it worse.

Self-report your post and a mod will take care of the wonkiness for you.

46 minutes ago, MadeItOut said:

As my headship used to like to remind me: "You married into my house. It's not about you. The Bible does not require your comfort. Your function is to aid me."

Things like that make me understand why men go into the fundy culture. It's very self serving. Even though it is still weird to me my cousin went this way lol. He has always been really shy but overall nice. Maybe someone having to back him up in everything he says is appealing... kinda like a hype man lol

20 hours ago, Queen said:

I think "drooling over The Babe" would be a great post count title ;) 

Babes in Soyland just popped into my head.

You know, "¡Hola, soy yo, Baaaabe!" Or whatever; I don't know a lot of Spanish.

22 hours ago, marmalade said:

The Babe with the power.

What power?

The power of Voodoo.

Who do?

You do.

Do what?

Remind me of the Babe.

Jareth the Goblin King can defraud me any day!

7 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I think Joe's time away at college was supposed to be a plot point for the next season of 19K&C, the one that never aired.

Agreed,  I also think there may have been an attempt at a Joe and a Bates Girl Courtship that never materialized or else failed in the very early stages.

5 minutes ago, SayWhat said:

Agreed,  I also think there may have been an attempt at a Joe and a Bates Girl Courtship that never materialized or else failed in the very early stages.

Agree, which is probably why the footage was never used for Counting On. 

It's not surprising. The Bates daughters all seem to have a definite type, and that is tall, conventionally attractive men who use large quantities of hair product. 

57 minutes ago, JesusCampSongs said:

Agree, which is probably why the footage was never used for Counting On. 

It's not surprising. The Bates daughters all seem to have a definite type, and that is tall, conventionally attractive men who use large quantities of hair product. 

The recent parade of Bates suitors creeps me out to no end. It's like Attack of the Clones over there.

6 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Not entirely convinced that Tori and Carlin's boyfriends are not, in fact, the same dude.

PLOT TWIST

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived