IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 3: Running Toward Marriage

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, Stokstaartje said:

Not trying to be insensitive here, but wat is the difference between European and American gluten?

Do we do something different with our grains than in the usa?

Not insensitive at all! Based on my research and other anecdotal evidence, I believe that the farming methods in Europe are less "chemical-ized" and the chemicals applied to US crops are what makes the wheat cause my body to react negatively.

I can eat bread and pasta like crazy over there! I miss bread the most. There are gluten-free breads, but I'm not a fan.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Unrelated question about the Bontragers: do they pronounce their name Bon-trah-zhay (like how you'd say it in French, which I think the name is derived from), or Bon-tray-ger?

Pretty sure it's the latter - and that there was an episode of 19K&C in which various Duggars mangled even that phonetic (in English) pronunciation.

1 hour ago, scoutsadie said:

Pretty sure it's the latter - and that there was an episode of 19K&C in which various Duggars mangled even that phonetic (in English) pronunciation.

It's German, and its the latter: http://forebears.io/surnames/bontrager

Yes, there is a 19KAC episode that makes a big deal about how various Duggars are so, ummm, dull-witted that they can't pronounce BON-TRAY-GIR

Pickles has a photo showing Michelle and Josie in Kentucky from a few weeks ago suggesting wedding dress  'shopping'. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived