IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 3: Running Toward Marriage

Coconut Flan

On 19-7-2017 at 9:37 AM, CarrotCake said:

I'm in the Netherlands and they do send thank you notes but they just make a general one and have it printed 100 times.

Print all the addresses and stick them on envelops: done in an hour.

I understand that in the US you send a personal handwritten note for everyone thanking them specifically for your blender/tools/sneakers/socks.

Also great with helping pay for the wedding, which most couples in the netherlands pay for for themselves. (Often parents pay something as a a gift, my dress for example)

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joe and Kendra's wedding will be largely paid for by the TV network.

Kendra doesn't look at all like Jana.  Jana is beautiful, and Kendra is just average. She must be really excited about marrying into a family that is on TV and wealthy.

11 minutes ago, Dogalog said:

/snipped

I'd say someone doesn't know how to use their autofocus. And that's really quite terrible for a "professional"

Another reason for all the Duggars to lament over how much they miss Jinger, the family photographer.

This is ot and belongs in JinJer's thread probably, but I feel like there's some lowkey emotional manipulation going with how often everyone mentions how much they miss Jinger or how they miss her skills in whatever. I'm sure they truly do miss her, but every time she's brought up, it's instantly about how hard it is without her there. I'm most likely reading too much into it and jumping to conclusions. That being said, the idea of everyone staying close to home has probably become a lot stronger since the (second) Josh scandal and her siblings might truly believe she's safer in AR.

3 minutes ago, llg1234 said:

This is ot and belongs in JinJer's thread probably, but I feel like there's some lowkey emotional manipulation going with how often everyone mentions how much they miss Jinger or how they miss her skills in whatever. I'm sure they truly do miss her, but every time she's brought up, it's instantly about how hard it is without her there. I'm most likely reading too much into it and jumping to conclusions. That being said, the idea of everyone staying close to home has probably become a lot stronger since the (second) Josh scandal and her siblings might truly believe she's safer in AR.

and that is because everyone thinks they are not allowed to leave the nest.  Whereas Jill can wander off to SCA and have her life because that is what Derick wants, whereas Jeremy seems more accepted in the world Jinger all of a sudden everyone or mostly Jessa misses her because they can't control her anymore.  Jinger is just with another controlling person and it shows...her husband.  Unless she doesn't do the show anymore she is always TIED to that family and they will let her know....at least Jessa will let her never leave.... again the parents screwed up they didn't think about it when the "kids" became ADULTS - let alone normal ADULTS 

I think lowkey emotional manipulation is a staple in that family....

56 minutes ago, Dutchie said:

Also great with helping pay for the wedding, which most couples in the netherlands pay for for themselves. (Often parents pay something as a a gift, my dress for example)

Hoi!:dance:

Nice to see more Dutchies here :)

TLC has a bunch of the engagement photos on their website. In one of them, Joe is kissing Kendra's hands, so I guess that's allowed now??

5 hours ago, wandering woman said:

Kendra doesn't look at all like Jana.  Jana is beautiful, and Kendra is just average. She must be really excited about marrying into a family that is on TV and wealthy.

I find it really distasteful to state that a teenager is "just average" looking when compared to her "beautiful" future sister-in-law. I think finishing it off by implying that Kendra is basically a gold digging fame whore - when we know next to nothing about her - really put the finishing touch on the turd that is your comment. Kudos to you for making fun of a teenager! :clap:

@wandering woman Joe and Kendra's wedding will be largely paid for by the TV network.

13 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I find it really distasteful to state that a teenager is "just average" looking when compared to her "beautiful" future sister-in-law. I think finishing it off by implying that Kendra is basically a gold digging fame whore - when we know next to nothing about her - really put the finishing touch on the turd that is your comment. Kudos to you for making fun of a teenager! :clap:

This! @VelociRapture :clap::clap:

Also, why would any man want to marry someone who physically resembles his sister...

3 minutes ago, kachuu said:

This! @VelociRapture :clap::clap:

Also, why would any man want to marry someone who physically resembles his sister...

Its actually really common.  People are often most comfortable around those who look like their family, because its what they are used to.  A surprising number of couples look like siblings.  There were some studies on it, but I don't remember all the details now.

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

It's like they captured mansplaining in a photo..

tumblr_otej2zxzwV1uipssao5_540.jpg

Or she's teaching him to read..........

Sound it out Joe, sound it out. ;) 

5 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

Its actually really common.  People are often most comfortable around those who look like their family, because its what they are used to.  A surprising number of couples look like siblings.  There were some studies on it, but I don't remember all the details now.

This is true from what I've read. There have been many studies that suggest that we tend to be attracted to people who are similar to our parents in looks and/or in personality. Like you said, it's what we are used to, and research shows that our earliest relationships (i.e. parents and siblings) impact how we connect with other people as adults.

Freud had a point! (Even though I get creeped out by the implications made in his psychosexual development stages and Oedipus Complex theory).

6 hours ago, wandering woman said:

Kendra doesn't look at all like Jana. 

I think that Jana has a longer face, rounder eyes, softer cheeks and a different "aura".  

Kendra has what we call a "cheesey" wide  smile.  I think she has that Cheerleader look- go team !

Jana never looked like that.

28 minutes ago, Mayluka said:

This is true from what I've read. There have been many studies that suggest that we tend to be attracted to people who are similar to our parents in looks and/or in personality. Like you said, it's what we are used to, and research shows that our earliest relationships (i.e. parents and siblings) impact how we connect with other people as adults.

I certainly hope that's not the case in my family. My new daughter in law is not exactly my cup of tea and she certainly doesn't look like me.

44 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

I have a client who look like brother and sister. They look more like each other then they look like theirs siblings. 

9 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

I have a client who look like brother and sister. They look more like each other then they look like theirs siblings. 

Pris and tfdw...it's uncanny!

6 minutes ago, TeaGrannie said:

I certainly hope that's not the case in my family. My new daughter in law is not exactly my cup of tea and she certainly doesn't look like me.

The research shows that it's a tendency, but that doesn't mean it's 100% true for every person or every relationship! Sorry about your daughter-in-law. I know the MIL-DIL relationship dynamic can be difficult! :my_sad:

Just now, Mayluka said:

The research shows that it's a tendency, but that doesn't mean it's 100% true for every person or every relationship! Sorry about your daughter-in-law. I know the MIL-DIL relationship dynamic can be difficult! :my_sad:

Yeah, it's 100% untrue for DH and me. He's nothing like my dad (thank FSM), and he assures me I'm nothing like the crazy ass hateful bitch who gave birth to him and is an awful excuse for a mother his mother.

1 hour ago, Jatalie1996 said:

TLC has a bunch of the engagement photos on their website. In one of them, Joe is kissing Kendra's hands, so I guess that's allowed now??

It looks like he's just pretending to.

tumblr_otej2zxzwV1uipssao9_1280.jpg

When I look at Kendra, all I see is a mix of Jana Duggar and Erin Bates Paine...

And the photo of Kendra and Joe on the bench "reading" the bible, I actually had to keep telling myself that it wasn't Jana & John David.

So many of these fundies favor each other looks-wise. :shock:

20 hours ago, Mayluka said:

Whoops, my finger slipped and accidentally created this photo...

IMG_7985.thumb.PNG.bbd55024d26f21fd4b7e12babdc5e218.PNG

*I just want to add that this is the Jesus actor from the above mentioned photoshoot, not just some random Jesus I found. :pb_lol:

Anybody with Photoshop skills wanna make one with Dirty Hippie Jesus Derick instead? I need a laugh today. :pb_lol:

8 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Hoi!:dance:

Nice to see more Dutchies here :)

Haha, ik ben niet de enige Nederlander geobsedeerd door deze gekke site ;). 

1 hour ago, MotherOfDragons said:

Anybody with Photoshop skills wanna make one with Dirty Hippie Jesus Derick instead? I need a laugh today. :pb_lol:

Down and Dirty (Jesus), superquick Photoshop (because I am in a hurry). IOW, I can do better, but....

dirty.jpg

When I look at Kendra, all I see is a mix of Jana Duggar and Erin Bates Paine...

Thank you! It's been bugging me all evening who else Kendra looks like.

Definitely not my best work, but it's something. FJ.png.5203eb3023963cd360f2357fa954890a.png

Also, @SapphireSlytherin - nice work! Yours captures a certain creepiness of Dirty Hippie Jesus... :pb_lol:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived