IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 3: Running Toward Marriage

Coconut Flan

39 minutes ago, ModestisHottest said:

I still wonder to this day if they actually received the gift we got them and if so if they knew it was from us!

We went to the wedding of one of my dearest college friends about five years ago (according to my TimeHop app). We got them a gift card to WalMart (it was on their registry). To this day, we don't know if they got it. Hoping they did; if not, I hope the people who (possibly may have, because we don't know) pilfered it from the "card box" at the wedding really needed it an used it for something good.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/19/2017 at 6:50 AM, VelociRapture said:

Ha! This would be true if Evan didn't look like Fundie Zoolander:

IMG_0508.thumb.JPG.ca5c44e8ab69fc5cb9e1071f93a4f951.JPG

Bobby (one half of the couple known as "BoRi") looks more like a cross between John Webster and Brandon Keilen.

I'm dying! I'm literally laughing so hard I'm shaking! OH MY GOD! Put this on a shirt, please!

I will add my story because it's both sad and unexpected.  I sent a gift card to neighbor's daughter for her daughter's birth.  I know her daughters are good about thank you cards as I had gotten one every single time.  Two months went by so I asked mama.  She called daughter who said card never arrived.  I sent another gift card and reported it to Target.  Save those receipts!

A year or more later I get a call from a US Postal Inspector about the first card.  They were trying to track down some postal thefts.  They believed a mail handler at our local post office stole it.

Two years went by and I testified at his trial.  Video of him stealing card was shown.  Hung jury!

Six months later I get to testify again and this time he was found guilty and made to pay back my money.  The postal union tried to keep him on the job!

I normally give money and put it in the wedding card, in the card box. So I normally get the normal thank you card with the wedding pictures on it. However, one of my friends did make a very beautiful gift at a recent wedding, so she got the normal thank you card and a personalized card inside thanking her so much. Probably the best way to go about it! 

2 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

We went to the wedding of one of my dearest college friends about five years ago (according to my TimeHop app). We got them a gift card to WalMart (it was on their registry). To this day, we don't know if they got it. Hoping they did; if not, I hope the people who (possibly may have, because we don't know) pilfered it from the "card box" at the wedding really needed it an used it for something good.

Similarly, I went to a friend's wedding just after I graduated college (over 10 years ago) and I put my gift on the table in the reception hall next to another package or two. I didn't receive a thank you card, and to this day, I'm not sure if they got it or if I put it next to a display of wrapped boxes that were just there for show and were collected later by the venue. Most of the gifts were sent directly to them from Crate & Barrel but I bought mine in store and thus had a physical box to give them. They're divorced now, so I feel awkward asking, but it's yet another example of why thank you cards, particularly signed thank you cards, can be very appreciated by gift givers!

9 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I remember my mom telling me how the bridal registry worked in the department store of the small town where she grew up. (She and my dad married in the 1950s.)

Whatever the bride registered for, the store would order in and display in a special area. After the wedding, the bride and groom were required to buy anything on the registry that had not already been purchased. She said it made it easier to not get greedy and register for big expensive items that guests were unlikely to buy.

Thanks for bringing back that memory!! The stores in my southern Appalachian town still did that into the 1990s. [until online registries took over, I suppose] And yes, you had to buy the unpurchased leftover items, which certainly did ratchet down the greed factor!

Some of the stores would have a little table with each couple's registry, with samples of the items (and prices!) and a picture of the couple. It was fun to browse and see who was getting married & what they registered for [and be BEC about their taste and extravagance!]. Sometimes I'd be home on college breaks and discover a classmate was getting married that way--and I might go ahead and buy them a fork or coffee cup!

Engagement photos are on the Dygar's website. Here they are for those who don't want to trek over:

Spoiler

IMG_0685.PNG.14896d8c00c40506c59756c44320988b.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_0686.PNG.1721ae2e419d626849da48cf08fbcf68.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_0687.PNG.2b5ca47f58bc9697e3de610c5f7e3caa.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_0688.PNG.9733aa646c67e4cb457ae54f8dabe8c9.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_0689.PNG.3520d28b50f7c1754d770a25fc25fbcc.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_0690.PNG.d78925f33869191c31554bf736332272.PNG

Spoiler

IMG_0691.PNG.1369c224beb5813a5853cda00624cb5e.PNG

They look fairly happy. And, surprisingly, I don't think they look overly awkward together either. They seem rather comfortable in most of those shots.  

(I'm guessing one of the two horizontal photos will show up on the wedding invitation.)

is kendra wearing two shirts (brown over white...why not just wear one modest shirt if the brown is see-through or whatever?) AND two skirts (looks like a darker blue peeking out from under the denim, maybe its a slip? under denim!)...not like its cold in AK in july...cute shoes though <yes, i know, i'm being BEC>

7 minutes ago, llg1234 said:

The photos are sweet, but damn if they don't look super fundie. Idk how to describe it?

The one of them reading the bible is super creepy!

I'm fully aware this is BEC, but fashion is my jam, and I DO NOT love Kendra's outfit. I really do love that they aren't matching but I'm not a fan of that shirt with that skirt. I know why they layer the way they do, that layering like that was even a somewhat popular mainstream style a few years back but I don't love the overall look. But I do agree they don't look exceptionally awkward and I second the bible picture being creepy even if it is totally on brand. Honestly, I'm surprised some of the other couples haven't used the bible pose before.

34 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Engagement photos are on the Dygar's website. Here they are for those who don't want to trek over:

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_0685.PNG.14896d8c00c40506c59756c44320988b.PNG

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_0686.PNG.1721ae2e419d626849da48cf08fbcf68.PNG

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_0687.PNG.2b5ca47f58bc9697e3de610c5f7e3caa.PNG

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_0688.PNG.9733aa646c67e4cb457ae54f8dabe8c9.PNG

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_0689.PNG.3520d28b50f7c1754d770a25fc25fbcc.PNG

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_0690.PNG.d78925f33869191c31554bf736332272.PNG

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_0691.PNG.1369c224beb5813a5853cda00624cb5e.PNG

They look fairly happy. And, surprisingly, I don't think they look overly awkward together either. They seem rather comfortable in most of those shots.  

(I'm guessing one of the two horizontal photos will show up on the wedding invitation.)

Tomorrow's Inquisitr headline: Handkissing Duggar son breaks courtship rules!!!11 

Or what exactly is he doing in the third pic? :my_biggrin:

I think the layered tops would just look cuter if they were both slightly longer. It would create a better balance on her frame.

Obviously, she's absurdly young to be marrying. But at least he's a few years older. I know it doesn't really make it better that she didn't completely grow up before becoming someone's wife, but I think it makes it better that he's had a little time to think over what sort of husband he should be, watching his in-laws and his older pig brother.

I have shoes very similar to those. :my_confused: They definitely don't look as awkward as some have in engagement pictures. 

I gotta say tho. I love her hair. And wish mine was that thick. I don't think she has extensions. She just has really good hair.

On 7/14/2017 at 9:27 AM, LurkerOverThePond said:

I had to look for Claire's website since I had no idea what kind of a shop it is... let me just say that Kendra IS NOT ready to get married.

Because liking tacky plastic earrings and glittery nail polish means you're not ready to get married?

On 7/14/2017 at 8:51 AM, Daisy0322 said:

My cousin however, I've never seen him look horribly interested in her. I know he's serious because he quit drinking, smoking cigarettes and weed, started going to church, and he is now helping with a small youth group. (Without her he might have ended up in prison). I digress it's a weird situation...

Weirdness aside, it's great that he's turning around like that.

6 hours ago, ModestisHottest said:

As far as thank-you notes go, after one wedding I attended I just got the printed "Thank you for celebrating with us!" card with a picture from the wedding on it.  While that was lovely, I still wonder to this day if they actually received the gift we got them and if so if they knew it was from us!

I've gotten those, too, and I always have the same concern, especially if the card is a general one for everyone attending as well as gifts.

1 hour ago, MayMay1123 said:

is kendra wearing two shirts (brown over white...why not just wear one modest shirt if the brown is see-through or whatever?) AND two skirts (looks like a darker blue peeking out from under the denim, maybe its a slip? under denim!)...not like its cold in AK in july...cute shoes though <yes, i know, i'm being BEC>

but hot hot hot!!! Yikes!

I think Kendra is pretty. I love her hair. I am defrauded by that hand kiss! :pb_lol:

21 minutes ago, nst said:

I don't like the heart picture and I don't like the bible picture. 

the rest of them are not even that good

The problem isn't the quality of the work. It's the fact that they're limited in what poses are acceptable. If that photographer was working with a couple that didn't abuse such strict physical standards then the photos would likely look much better. 

(That and I've always found engagement photos in general to be a bit awkward. It can be a really good way to get comfortable in front of the camera before your wedding though.)

The skirt looks handmade to me. The stitching doesn't look that great, so I'm wondering if the slip that we can see underneath is attached but badly constructed.

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

The problem isn't the quality of the work. It's the fact that they're limited in what poses are acceptable. If that photographer was working with a couple that didn't abuse such strict physical standards then the photos would likely look much better. 

I think there are plenty of photos you can do without having to be fundy or even fundy.  It goes to the chemistry of the couple.

If it makes any sense a scene from the affair season 1  - there is a stock photo of the leads in a library barely touching but it's the facial expressions that make the photo for me.  

so Kendra and Joe try and appear like they are in love and they appear the opposite to me.  It's a staged photo where as the couple from the affair are actors and the photographer took a photo that spoke more to me than K &J's photos 

if that makes any sense whatsoever

don't get me started on DD and GA :D

I saw a post on fb a few weeks back, these pics made me think of it. There was an actor I'd guess you call him, who would dress up as jesus and be in your photography sessions. These two are just begging for a fake jesus between them, or leaning down over them, or joining their hands together. I don't know if any of you saw it. It was wildly shared and then the photographer took the pics down. I think there were engagement ones as well as baby pics too? Did any of you guys see what I'm talking about?

I found it. It's called light weave photography. It really looks like something the duggars would dig. If you want to see it I googled "photography session with a fake jesus."

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived