IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 3: Running Toward Marriage

Coconut Flan

28 minutes ago, So-Virgin-It-Hurts said:

I have always wanted to point out that the church weddings I've attended have alters - not stages.

Chancels. The altar is on (or in front of) the chancel. At least in the Methodist church. Never stages.

CHURCH4.gif

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Fluffy14 said:

It says they went waterskiing, tubing, etc. on a lake. Sounds pretty similar to Joy and Austin's bachelorette/bachelor party as well. Although I will note that they do look they were having a good time, so no objections to doing cooling things they enjoy in July weather.

And Joe's in a rash guard or sport shirt and Kendra's just in a t-shirt (possibly/probably over a swimsuit) on top, not in one of those wholesome wear swimsuits (imagine wearing one of those at your bachelorette party?!), so that's maybe a slightly good sign?

This does sound like what Jostin did. Are they going to do anything original?

Geez this just seems fast to me. I know it's normal for the Duggars (or is becoming more normal) but man it just seems like such a rush. I get that they're excited but it just bothers me. I guess because she's just so, so young and seems so naive and innocent. Like we said with Joy, she should be out exploring colleges or careers and having fun and traveling with friends. But I guess this is what she wants. Or thinks she wants. I hope they will remain happy.

Water. When do you really ever see a Duggar near water?  I was pleasantly surprised to learn that Kendra really enjoys the water. Maybe she didn't grow up with such strict clothing rules as the Duggar's. I can see how the embarrassment of one of those modest bathing suits can be and would not be wanting to go near water in one of those things.

1 minute ago, Fluffy14 said:

Water. When do you really ever see a Duggar near water?  I was pleasantly surprised to learn that Kendra really enjoys the water. Maybe she didn't grow up with such strict clothing rules as the Duggar's. I can see how the embarrassment of one of those modest bathing suits can be and would not be wanting to go near water in one of those things.

I can't image they don't really hinder your swimming abiiities (they would have a lot of drag).

Did anyone catch the video of them at the party? When I first saw the article a few hours ago, I couldn't get it to play. There was audio, but the picture was black. Now it seems to have been replaced with a weird engagement photo montage to music.

I just find it a little funny that they did a lake day for their bachelor/ette party since during the couple showdown on the last episode, Kendra revealed that Joe is "afraid" of (or just doesn't like) being in the water.

39 minutes ago, Mayluka said:

I just find it a little funny that they did a lake day for their bachelor/ette party since during the couple showdown on the last episode, Kendra revealed that Joe is "afraid" of (or just doesn't like) being in the water.

That was my first thought upon reading that, lol. 

2 hours ago, Mayluka said:

I think I read on the tlc website today that basically Kendra came up with the idea for the party and Joe just went along with it cause it was what Kendra wanted.   This could be a very interesting marriage.   

23 minutes ago, busdrivingmom said:

I think I read on the tlc website today that basically Kendra came up with the idea for the party and Joe just went along with it cause it was what Kendra wanted.   This could be a very interesting marriage.   

A husband who actually takes into consideration what his wife wants, and is happy when his wife is happy?? :shock: It's like they're like us ungodly heathens!

Take note, DillDick!

Kendra is the true headship! #KendraWearsThePants :P 

As long as they are both happy, that's all that matters. :) 

5 hours ago, zygote373 said:

Did anyone catch the video of them at the party? When I first saw the article a few hours ago, I couldn't get it to play. There was audio, but the picture was black. Now it seems to have been replaced with a weird engagement photo montage to music.

I don't see it on the TLC website, and I'm not sure it's on People, but DFB has a quick b/b party interview video embedded. http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2017/07/joseph-and-kendras-boat-party.html

8 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

A husband who actually takes into consideration what his wife wants, and is happy when his wife is happy?? :shock: It's like they're like us ungodly heathens!

Take note, DillDick!

And Josh! Take note Josh!

10 hours ago, busdrivingmom said:

I noticed that too. Here's the quote from the People article:

“We ended up doing the waterskiing and tubing for our joint bachelor-bachelorette party because Kendra loves the water, and I just enjoy doing whatever she’s doing,” says Joseph, 22.

It's pretty much the opposite of what we heard from the Duggar brides so far, so I am really hoping that's a good sign for their relationship. Although it would be even healthier if they found something that they both really enjoy doing, especially for a shared event like their joint bachelor/bachelorette party.

On 7/31/2017 at 3:26 PM, HarleyQuinn said:

This does sound like what Jostin did. Are they going to do anything original?

That would require thought, effort and money, so ... probably not

Kendra appears so young in that video! I definitely think she's going to look like a little girl playing dress up on her wedding day. :( Joy at least pulled off the teen bride look, but with Kendra it's really next level...

She seems very sweet/genuine though and Joe is a catch as far as Duggar guys go (JD the other).

On 31/07/2017 at 9:09 PM, Fluffy14 said:

Water. When do you really ever see a Duggar near water? 

My first thought was maybe they're Gremlins...........

Have we seen any of them being fed after midnight? ;) 

I saw an article claiming that an insider said that Kendra dated a different Duggar brother before Joe. Do we know where this rumor came from and did FJ discuss this somewhere?

(As a side note, I hate that when I open my browser my phone thinks I want to see Duggar articles, and I hate even more that it's probably not wrong. :my_confused:)

yes, it's come up many a time since then, about how it *could* be possible but more than likely some tabloid picked up the rumor from a fundie gossip site (¿possibly FJ ourselves? lol) .....

2 hours ago, CoveredInBees said:

My first thought was maybe they're Gremlins...........

Have we seen any of them being fed after midnight? ;) 

Sadly, quite likely. :( ...I'm thinking the early days episodes on buses in the dark and around the house late at night with the old 'duggar time' explanations (In my own defence, back during those early episodes, I was studying them as part of my spirituality and psychology class).

On 7/31/2017 at 9:08 PM, Carm_88 said:

Kendra is the true headship! #KendraWearsThePants  

As long as they are both happy, and aren't forcing their fucked up beliefs on everyone else, that's all that matters. :) 

I helped. :pb_biggrin:

On 8/2/2017 at 2:47 PM, Mela99 said:

That would require thought, effort and money, so ... probably not

Woah, woah... I think we've (and by "we've" I clearly mean "I") agreed they were having a mint themed wedding. In honor of that time Kendra tried to steal a mint from Joseph's pocket at JoStin's wedding and he stopped her because engagement ring. That's not something Joy did, so it's like, totally, original. 

16 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Kendra is the true headship! #KendraWearsThePants  

As long as they are both happy, and aren't forcing their fucked up beliefs on everyone else, that's all that matters. :) 

Hahah *cough Derick Cough* They're really going to have to up their game to beat him. But I mean Kendra's father is an asshat too, so...time shall tell. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived