IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 3: Running Toward Marriage

Coconut Flan

Lol that pose... my goodness. I always find it funny the things that fundies think are modest vs. immodest.

Woman shows her shoulders or knees: immodest!

Man shows off his butt in tight jeans for the camera: totally modest, duh!

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously who is this photographer? Jinger took better engagement photos and she was essentially a complete amateur. What happened to Britton Photography?

I will say Joe and Kendra are cute together and look genuinely happy.

On 21 July 2017 at 7:20 PM, kachuu said:

This! @VelociRapture :clap::clap:

Also, why would any man want to marry someone who physically resembles his sister...

Since the engagement photos appeared I have been mistaking Kendra for a Bates girl. She really does resemble the Batesesessss.

Oh my Duggar the JoKen Butt pose is just as bad as the phallic pickle eating pose of yesteryear.

IMG_3588.JPG

@Mela99 "Minimum competency" is basically my mantra right now. I'm sitting in Colorado, so I'm lucky that I've got a decent passing rate on my side! 

1 hour ago, Jinder Roles said:

That's a nice um,... back pocket. :pb_lol:

I'll show myself to the prayer closet now.

I've found myself thinking Joe has nice "pockets" in several of the photos. I'll join you in the prayer closet.

That butt pose is all kinds of awkward.

mmmmm i'm generally not a fan of the southern-boy need to wear their Wranglers skin-tight. i am definitely an unshamed "ass" type of girl lol, but the country jeans just make 'em look like they're trying too hard if they really do have a nice tush! and Joe seems to be one of the genuinely hard-working physically capable Duggar boys, so I bet he does have a nice ass haha

7 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Seriously who is this photographer? Jinger took better engagement photos and she was essentially a complete amateur. What happened to Britton Photography?

I will say Joe and Kendra are cute together and look genuinely happy.

Britton and Erica Felber are very busy with their photography gigs. They are very sought after these days. Clearly this photographer is not so skilled and talented. 

23 minutes ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

Britton and Erica Felber are very busy with their photography gigs. They are very sought after these days. Clearly this photographer is not so skilled and talented. 

Money could also be a factor. If Kendra's family is responsible for paying and they don't have as big a budget as the Duggar daughters did, then JoKen may have opted for the engagement photographer they did in order to put more money towards other items.

(I'm guessing you're likely correct about the Felbers specifically, but money could explain why they didn't work with a more skilled photographer than they did.)

40 minutes ago, HumbleJillyMuffin said:

Someone mentioned either here or in a different thread that the Felbers are booked 9-12 months in advance which definitely wouldn't work with their timeframe. Kendra seems to want a short engagement. 

On 21/07/2017 at 11:17 AM, Cheetah said:

Any chance of Australia legalizing gay marriage any time soon?  

No, our Government is disgraceful to say the least. 

2 hours ago, FeministFunPolice said:

Someone mentioned either here or in a different thread that the Felbers are booked 9-12 months in advance which definitely wouldn't work with their timeframe. Kendra seems to want a short engagement. 

That was me.  

Somebody with Photoshop skills and free time needs to do something funny to enhance the butt pose pic. I also noticed that the profile pic for Pickles and Hairspray is now a close up of Joe's defrauding ass.

@WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? That's definitely not appropriation. You're good. 

Neither is having adapted some language, mannerisms etc from a community you grew up in, but aren't a part of. That's partial integration.

Appropriation, integration, assimilation and exchange are all different things and originally sociological terms. People often use them as blanket terms and mistake one for the other. 

Then there's this messy grey area that's problematic but not quite appropriation. 

The things to consider in appropriation are power relations, history, profit, purpose and how it affects the originating community. And how they feel about it. 

7 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Somebody with Photoshop skills and free time needs to do something funny to enhance the butt pose pic. I also noticed that the profile pic for Pickles and Hairspray is now a close up of Joe's defrauding ass.

Hippy Jesus on the other side giving that tush a nice little spank. 

Ok. Off to go pick up my one-way ticket to hell now...

On 7/24/2017 at 8:03 PM, FeministFunPolice said:

The butt photo would be cringey even for a non-fundie couple, but for JoKen it's just plain funny xD. it is unfortunate that the engagement photos look "nice" enough that first-glance editing is very obvious, but close-look shows the editing is poor. 

funnily enough, I think JoKen may have the longest Duggar engagement. They say they want a fall wedding, and if they make it to the end of September that'll be 4 months.....

18 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

The things to consider in appropriation are power relations, history, profit, purpose and how it affects the originating community. And how they feel about it. 

One of the top 3 offenders has got to be the football team the Redskins.  Honestly disgraceful.   I don't think many people get it.  Like, imagine if they were called the N word and had mammy and cotton picking as mascots and images.  Or, the K word with nazi crap and salute ( shit, after election of 45 apparently too many would love that, more then I thought).  I mean, it's like that is my point.

When it comes to privilege and appropriation,  I choose to educate myself.  Because I realize that I do have to seek understanding and most importantly,  listen.  Believe when a minority group speaks up.  Because my upbringing didn't give me that knowledge freely.  It was white washed.  But, if you open your ears and heart, use your brain, you will see it and come to understand.  

I spend too much time trying to figure out why humans are the way we are.  We don't play well with each other.

If anyone is interested in southern cooking and the roots it has in slavery ck out Micheal W. Twitty on FB.  I'm looking forward to his book.  

19 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Here you go! I have a couple more ideas and then I'll see myself to the prayer closet.

JoKen2.jpg

Hippie Jesus disapproves of this.

JoKen3.jpg

Here you go. I had to get uncomfortably close to some Duggar butts for this. Looking forward to seeing what others create!

JoKen5.jpg

Bahahahaha!  Haha. Hee. Hahaaaaa!

Dying.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived