IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 3: Running Toward Marriage

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

The problem isn't the quality of the work. It's the fact that they're limited in what poses are acceptable. If that photographer was working with a couple that didn't abuse such strict physical standards then the photos would likely look much better. 

(That and I've always found engagement photos in general to be a bit awkward. It can be a really good way to get comfortable in front of the camera before your wedding though.)

Hmm, I disagree on this one. Some of these are completely out of focus. Actually, only the one where they're standing on a gravel road with sunlight behind them seems close to properly focused. There are also areas of really blown-out light that bother me. Their poses may be kind of cheesy (like most engagement photos), but they seem happy and pleasant to look at (context unknown, that is). I think the photographer's basic skills could greatly improve, though. (And that watermark. Don't even get me started.)

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, luxfilia said:

Hmm, I disagree on this one. Some of these are completely out of focus. Actually, only the one where they're standing on a gravel road with sunlight behind them seems close to properly focused. There are also areas of really blown-out light that bother me. Their poses may be kind of cheesy (like most engagement photos), but they seem happy and pleasant to look at (context unknown, that is). I think the photographer's basic skills could greatly improve, though. (And that watermark. Don't even get me started.)

Wasn't sure if that was the actual quality of the photos or if the resolution (or something) just got messed up when the Duggars shared them. 

They do look fairly happy though. Heres hoping that remains the case.

6 hours ago, metheglyn said:

Similarly, I went to a friend's wedding just after I graduated college (over 10 years ago) and I put my gift on the table in the reception hall next to another package or two. I didn't receive a thank you card, and to this day, I'm not sure if they got it or if I put it next to a display of wrapped boxes that were just there for show and were collected later by the venue. Most of the gifts were sent directly to them from Crate & Barrel but I bought mine in store and thus had a physical box to give them. They're divorced now, so I feel awkward asking, but it's yet another example of why thank you cards, particularly signed thank you cards, can be very appreciated by gift givers!

When I give a boxed gift I put the card inside the wrapping paper, well taped to the box.   I've seen where cards get loose from the gift so that you have no idea that Aunt Sally sent the china tea pot not the box of beer glasses that were actually from your husband's frat brother. 

29 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

I saw a post on fb a few weeks back, these pics made me think of it. There was an actor I'd guess you call him, who would dress up as jesus and be in your photography sessions. These two are just begging for a fake jesus between them, or leaning down over them,

Whoops, my finger slipped and accidentally created this photo...

IMG_7985.thumb.PNG.bbd55024d26f21fd4b7e12babdc5e218.PNG

*I just want to add that this is the Jesus actor from the above mentioned photoshoot, not just some random Jesus I found. :pb_lol:

Basically, I think Kendra is Michelle 2.0. She has that doe-eyed, give me baybeeeez look... she even has the big bouncy curled hair. Gag. 

If that's a denim skirt, I'll eat it. It looks like a much lighter weight fabric, probably lined with a slippery thin fabric. Many people make the mistake of making the lining's hem the exact length of the skirt's hem. It should be a bit shorter to avoid "peeking out"

35 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

If that's a denim skirt, I'll eat it. It looks like a much lighter weight fabric, probably lined with a slippery thin fabric. Many people make the mistake of making the lining's hem the exact length of the skirt's hem. It should be a bit shorter to avoid "peeking out"

That's exactly what I was thinking, the skirt is lined and the skirt has ridden up slightly to expose the lining. I would have thought that the photographer would have told her but *shrug*

These are definitely some of the better engagement pictures from this family. TBH I don't really understand the purpose of engagement photos but I don't think they are very common in Australia. It's also the advantage of being queer, I have very few married friends because it isn't legal for most of my friends so I don't have to deal with a barrage of heart hand photos. 

I concur, the photos seem to be badly out of focus.  Hard to understand that, out doors on a sunny day, with todays automatic focusing digital cameras.....I mean, the only way I can see this could happen is if you tried to narror the depth of field too much so that the camera only focused on one specific spot.  Hope it was just a glitch with uploading and not completely shoddy photography...I mean really, these cameras have an automatic setting on them incase you haven't a clue!

46 minutes ago, FeministFunPolice said:

That's exactly what I was thinking, the skirt is lined and the skirt has ridden up slightly to expose the lining. I would have thought that the photographer would have told her but *shrug*

These are definitely some of the better engagement pictures from this family. TBH I don't really understand the purpose of engagement photos but I don't think they are very common in Australia. It's also the advantage of being queer, I have very few married friends because it isn't legal for most of my friends so I don't have to deal with a barrage of heart hand photos. 

Any chance of Australia legalizing gay marriage any time soon?  

I haven't read all the posts so I'm sorry if it is stated but I'm pretty sure the 1 year thank you note is incorrect.  The guests have a window of one year to buy a gift.  The couple is expected to send a thank you reasonably soon after receiving the gift.  I've heard people say this a lot.  So now I'm off to consult Emily Post to see if I'm the mistaken one.

7 hours ago, MayMay1123 said:

is kendra wearing two shirts (brown over white...why not just wear one modest shirt if the brown is see-through or whatever?) AND two skirts (looks like a darker blue peeking out from under the denim, maybe its a slip? under denim!)...not like its cold in AK in july...cute shoes though <yes, i know, i'm being BEC>

Maybe they are being super cautious since Jingers engagement photos we're unwittingly immodest. It wasn't noticeable at first, but you could see through her dress and see the shape of her legs. It really wasn't scandalous but more ironic since they are so against any man being whipped into a frenzy by the outline of a female.

@Cheetah it depends on your definition of soon. The party that currently holds government is extremely divided on the issue so the Prime Minister doesn't want to go near it with a ten foot pole. There is overwhelming public support so I think it will happen sometime in the next 3-5 years but not anytime in the next few months. 

I personally couldn't give two shits about marriage and would abolish the whole thing but it is silly that we are so far behind the rest of the world. 

5 hours ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

Because liking tacky plastic earrings and glittery nail polish means you're not ready to get married?

I'm fucked. I'm 40 and I'm currently wearing sparkly blue nail polish and plastic cat earrings. I've also been with mister for 20 years.

Joe and Kendra sure do like that leaning-back pose, huh? 

Spoiler

IMG_7988.PNG.4ef4070cfb478fb3a6020dd8dab08797.PNGIMG_7987.PNG.00c41a2471026008f14f768dd69dd803.PNGIMG_7986.PNG.d3ae66884269ffc7cf94f04be30cb3d8.PNG

I know that pose is kind of a "thing," especially when the couple can have almost no physical contact, but I can't help but think that it makes it look like she's trying to run away and he's holding her back. Lol

58 minutes ago, FeministFunPolice said:

@Cheetah it depends on your definition of soon. The party that currently holds government is extremely divided on the issue so the Prime Minister doesn't want to go near it with a ten foot pole. There is overwhelming public support so I think it will happen sometime in the next 3-5 years but not anytime in the next few months. 

I personally couldn't give two shits about marriage and would abolish the whole thing but it is silly that we are so far behind the rest of the world. 

It's one of the few things that makes me honestly angry towards the UN. For all they talk a great game of football underlining the importance of security, being valued, having a place, and so many different forms of love, they never seem to have the brass balls to get anywhere near endorsing that point. Seems like they're scared, which is a great shame when the net result is a dismissal and belittling of love in a world that's crying out for it.

The middle pic above reminds me of an exercise I've done in various acro yoga, drama, and circus conditioning classes, except that both people are supposed to lean out enough that their arms are straight and they create a human fulcrum of balance. It would probably be too defrauding for these people because the start position is toe to toe facing one another.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again- Kendra looks like a fuller faced version of Jana. Her hair is enviably long and thick.

14 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again- Kendra looks like a fuller faced version of Jana. Her hair is enviably long and thick.

The first time a picture of Kendra was posted here (where she's walking with Joe at Jinger's wedding) I thought she was Jana. Everyone was trying to figure out who this girl was, and I was like, "Are you guys nuts?! That's obviously Jana!"

They look different enough to me now, but from afar I swear they're almost indistinguishable.

The pics were done by an armature professional. Joe is awkward AF making some of those pics weird too.  He is just not comfortable touching people. 

8 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I think Kendra is pretty. I love her hair. I am defrauded by that hand kiss! :pb_lol:

I've been begging for someone to kiss a hand or forehead for years. FINALLY! 

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

The pics were done by an armature professional. Joe is awkward AF making some of those pics weird too.  He is just not comfortable touching people. 

And understandably so. If you were told that touching any woman was a sin and your brother was Joshley it's pretty easy to see how someone could get scared of touching any woman. 

@VeryNikeSeamstress when you said circus conditioning class I couldn't help but smile! I was in my high school production of Carnival and we had 2 months of human stunt and trapeze lessons. It was great fun!

12 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I will add my story because it's both sad and unexpected.  I sent a gift card to neighbor's daughter for her daughter's birth.  I know her daughters are good about thank you cards as I had gotten one every single time.  Two months went by so I asked mama.  She called daughter who said card never arrived.  I sent another gift card and reported it to Target.  Save those receipts!

A year or more later I get a call from a US Postal Inspector about the first card.  They were trying to track down some postal thefts.  They believed a mail handler at our local post office stole it.

(snip)

That was a big problem in my hometown. Years ago, my grandpa gave my sister and I the disposable cell phones. Every month, he would send cards for minutes in the mail, but the postmaster kept stealing them. She got unsupervised probation for a federal crime.

11 hours ago, xlurker said:

I concur, the photos seem to be badly out of focus.  Hard to understand that, out doors on a sunny day, with todays automatic focusing digital cameras.....I mean, the only way I can see this could happen is if you tried to narror the depth of field too much so that the camera only focused on one specific spot.  Hope it was just a glitch with uploading and not completely shoddy photography...I mean really, these cameras have an automatic setting on them incase you haven't a clue!

They're badly out of focus. 

Most of the ones with one of them on either side and background in the middle are fuzzy. One of the first things you learn with AF is that if you have two people with a gap on the middle, you move to focus on one of them, half push the button to focus, reframe to include the other person and shoot.

I'd say someone doesn't know how to use their autofocus. And that's really quite terrible for a "professional"

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived