IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 3: Running Toward Marriage

Coconut Flan

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, CorruptionInc. said:

That looks like a baby / child registry to me, not a wedding registry!!!!

It's been discussed.

If you read the description of the "registry" it says these things will be gifted to needy people.

Wait, I was wrong. This is what it says:  All gifts will be blessed to needy families who are going through a stormy season of life.

16 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

It's been discussed.

If you read the description of the "registry" it says these things will be gifted to needy people.

Wait, I was wrong. This is what it says:  All gifts will be blessed to needy families who are going through a stormy season of life.

Oh right, that's a nice thing to do!

I know this is fundies we are talking about, but I will give them a pass on this one. Sort of.

I don't think this registry is from them :D i don't think the Duggars would put "Women in Science: 50 Fearless Pioneers Who Changed the World" or "Girls Think of Everything: Stories of Ingenious Inventions by Women" or "Rad American Women A-Z: Rebels, Trailblazers, and Visionaries who Shaped Our History . . . and Our Future! (City Lights/Sister Spit)" on there :D Nope, no fundy would create such a registry. 

It would be nice to know who set it up though to be sure that these things are indeed donated. 

Oh yeah, it's definitely not from them. I wish I had screenshotted the original description of this registry, because it was super passive-aggressive toward the Duggars. Something like, "Instead of greedily asking for extravagant gifts for ourselves from strangers, we're asking you to donate toward people who actually need things."

I'm still highly suspect of that registry. There's no way of knowing who that stuff is going to

6 hours ago, Mela99 said:

I'm still highly suspect of that registry. There's no way of knowing who that stuff is going to

Agreed. That's why I put "registry" in quotes.

The wording of it is super-snarky, too.

On July 20, 2017 at 7:44 AM, Mela99 said:

I'm seriously side eyeing that 'challenge' registry ... I think the whole point of this should be DON'T BLOW YOUR MONEY ON STRANGERS YOU'VE NEVER MET. 

Anyone can post a "challenge " registry and say they are going to give gifts to the needy.   But!  (Call me cynica) how does anyone know. Where those gifts are going and if the person organizing this isn't going to say, "look what I am donating, please give me a letter stating I've given you $2578.98 worth of goods so I can claim it on my taxes."

How is that teaching their children to give?   Why not make their children work and earn money to buy things for them to donate?

id rather donate to my own pet causes, thank you.

On 7/26/2017 at 6:00 PM, VineHeart137 said:

Jill and Derick are taller with longer faces, Jeremy and Jinger have darker hair. Kendra doesn't really look like Joe but she does resemble Jana a bit. I don't really see any similarities between Ben and Jessa. Joy and Austin probably look the most like siblings. 

nevermind 

Regarding people looking like their partners or spouses it is a legitimate thing although it obviously doesn't apply to everyone! I know a few couples myself which you would think we're blood relatives. This article talks it through in laymans terms although it's not an academic source but I have read about it in quite a few places :)
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/m.mic.com/articles/amp/111010/there-s-a-disturbing-fact-about-the-people-we-choose-to-be-with

i dunno, i seem to remember from the early TV specials that jessa and jinger were a bit more olive-toned than jill and jana, even in the frumper days? i could be wrong though haha

I just spewed ice water out of my nose onto my tablet and my feline headship. Now the hell does Joe's ass pic = modest? Anyway, grab that ass Kendra. He's going to be your husband very soon.

Joe's ass doesn't do anything for me. My husband's ass is nicer. My youngest niece, however is totally defrauded.

Now I must pray to the Great Ceiling Cat and beg for the feline headship's forgiveness for spewing water on him. Rufus forgive me.

Does anyone know the rough timeline between the bachelor/ette parties and the actual weddings from the previous weddings?

15 minutes ago, karen77 said:

Does anyone know the rough timeline between the bachelor/ette parties and the actual weddings from the previous weddings?

The only one I know for sure is that the articles/video from Joy and Austin's joint camping trip were posted less than 3 weeks before the wedding.

ETA: I just read an article that said Jinger and Jeremy's bachelor/ette party was filmed 28 days before their wedding. So the trend appears to be parties less than a month before the wedding date.

I'm still guessing a Labor Day wedding. That would put about a month between the bachelor/ette parties and the big day.

27 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

I'm still guessing a Labor Day wedding. That would put about a month between the bachelor/ette parties and the big day.

But there's another ginormous Fundie wedding-palooza that weekend.

I don't think they would hijack that from "dear friends"? Or would they...

59 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

What's the other wedding extravaganza?

6 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

1 hour ago, Nikedagain? said:

Duggar weddings ARE ginormous fundie palooza extravaganzas! :text-lol:

12 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

It's the Bower-Bontranger double wedding. 

11 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

Isn't that the double wedding on Saturday and than a third wedding on Sunday. Of which all grooms are brothers and the brides of the double one are also sisters.

I don't know their names.

I assume the Kendra/Joe wedding will primarily be hosted by the bride's family and I doubt they have the resources for a thousand guests.  Who really would want such a thing besides an exhibitionist unless it's a duty (royalty, etc -real, not fundie).  Anyway, it will be interesting to see how similar this wedding is to the Duggar daughter oddities.  I have always wanted to point out that the church weddings I've attended have alters - not stages.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived