IGNORED

Lori Alexander 20: Evil and Hateful as Ever

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm about to go ballistic here...check out this question and answer in the Denmark discussion.  Aunt Lori's answer to the 2-1/2 year old who wants playmates is...to have another baby??!  Yeah, that's really going to help! 

skdfpioewrf.jpg

@Liza Also notice there are no trolls "viciously attacking" Queen Lori, which is why she claims she deleted it in the first place.

50 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Lori's post today is an ode to her own laziness. 

Yep, and another attention grab for her new kitchen.

Lori had an interesting conversation with a reader yesterday.

Reader:

Lori, did you teach your boys to cook amd have basic housekeeping skills?

Lori:

No, I didn’t, Rachel. I was too sick most of their growing up years and the energy I did have I used for disciplining, teaching, and training them in the ways of the Lord. 

Yet today she says:

I loved being able to be home for my children and getting up each morning to fix them breakfast and read them the Bible as they ate. I loved being home when they were sick to care for them and when they got home from school to hear about their day. I loved being able to homeschool them for a few years and have the freedom to take them to the beach or do other fun things. I loved being the one to train, discipline and teach them.

She's also talked about weekly pool trips, Awana's  Club, surfing, and dance.

So which was it?  Was she too sick to teach them basic skills, or were they going back and forth to activities, and having fun?

Nope nope. Technically she didn't lie.  You see, the question was did she teach the boys domestic skills, her answer was no.  She was too sick to teach the boys how to cook or wash dishes but she wasn't too sick to take them to the beach, lay out in the sun for hours and let them do whatever they wanted in the water.  Because sun is good for you right??   So she was getting her Vitamin D cooking up her pre skin cancer, while the kids played independently like good children should.  But the answer is still no, they didn't learn how to cook or clean.  I'm getting flashes of The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood right now.  When Viviane (the crazy mom) would go through manic states of rabid joy, taking the kids flying or to the beach and then the depressed states of "sick" on the couch, beating the crap out of them if they woke her.  The only food in the house being what the oldest child found or what the father cooked up.  Kinda reminiscent of Ken talking about the kids wanting "his food".  Well I guess so, mom was a mom for 36 whole hours, she cooked breakfast once, threw some salad in a bowl, forced us to eat it and then passed out cold.  I'm not going to wake her because I can't remember the exact wording of that bible verse she used on me last time.  

Run Alyssa Run. 

48 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

I'm about to go ballistic here...check out this question and answer in the Denmark discussion.  Aunt Lori's answer to the 2-1/2 year old who wants playmates is...to have another baby??!  Yeah, that's really going to help! 

Of course, 3 year olds and newborns make great playmates. And having a baby in 9 months, because everyone always conceives instantaneously the moment they want to, will definitely solve this woman's problem now. The mere thought of a baby to "play" with at a time that is undetermined in a toddler's brain will end the toddler's current desire for playmates.

Yeah, that all makes perfect sense. Lori is a great problem solver. Maybe she'll write a parenting book next. 

24 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Lori is a great problem solver. Maybe she'll write a parenting book next. 

Oh, god, please not that! 

A commenter on SSB had a great idea. Instead of reporting Lori to Facebook (which will probably come to nothing), she should be reported to the California Board of Medicine for the unauthorized practice of medicine. Which apparently is a felony?

I am not out to shut her blog down (freedom of speech and all). But I do believe she could hurt people with her quack medical advice. Getting a letter from the CA Board of Medicine may help to stop that.

2 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

Even more stupid is that she says she has 2 children though mentions the 2.5 year old being bored. This sounds like she might have a younger child. 

I love my younger siblings, but growing up we didn't get along that well. My younger sister was always trying to do what I did and dress like me, be with me and it annoyed me immensely. Playing with siblings and playing with other children are different. Also, Lori's children did outside activities and had outside friends so she can stuff it. And so what if I pay into services and don't use them? We all do that. It's there if you need it and it's great if you don't. Taxes may be high there and all and yeah, not 100% free as a result, but still a hell of a lot cheaper than trying to shell it out on your own. 

My advice for Maria is first and foremost-stay away from Lori and her blog, far, far away, your life will be so much better for it. Second, look into local activities if you don't want to do a preschool program like Gymboree classes, swimming lessons, a mommy and me dance or gymnastics program or a music program. Many places offer mommy and me type classes for that age and those could alleviate the boredom, give them interaction with other children their age, and keep them active and learn new things in the process. There's hardly a negative to learning new things. 

After the deleted suicide exchange, I got motivated to start a site where we could collect and memorialize all the screenshots we get into one handy resource. 

Here is what I came up with

https://thingsgodlywomensay.tumblr.com/

The title is suppose to have the same sort of ring to it as that book "stuff white people like". 

I've posted a few of the shots I have collected. If you like the idea and have anything to submit, follow the "submit a screenshot" instructions at the top of the page.  I will try to keep commentary minimal and mainly just add things in to explain context, if needed. Most screenshots speak for themselves. I especially like the contradictory shot where she says one thing a few years ago (or heck a few weeks) and something different now. 

Lori's latest post should be called, Look What I Have And You Don't. I like the deliberate big salad comment, aimed at FJers perhaps? And the weird plug for her kitchen remodel tacked on at the end. She has no normal human friends to show so she has to brag to her fangirls. Na na na na boo boo stick your head in doo doo. She's such a brat. 

32 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

I love my younger siblings, but growing up we didn't get along that well. My younger sister was always trying to do what I did and dress like me, be with me and it annoyed me immensely. Playing with siblings and playing with other children are different. 

Totally this. My brother and I never really played together. He is just a couple of months short of being six years older than me (because everyone can't instantly conceive whenever they want). He found me annoying. And I probably was. Twelve year olds don't have much in common with six year olds. On a side note, this leads my idiot sister-in-law to pontificate to me about how my brother and I hate each other. The conversations typically go like this: Idiot SiL: Remember how you'd go to games with your brother when you were in high school? (because she always speaks of her own sometimes imaginary experiences as if they are universal). Me: My brother was away in the Navy when I was in high school. Idiot SiL: Well, when he was in high school. Me: He didn't take me with him. I was in 7th grade when he was a senior. Seniors don't like dragging their 12 year old sisters around with them. Idiot SiL: That's why you hate each other and you're not close. Because you never did anything together. 

Except that according to her brother, Mr. 05, who is 2.5 years younger than her, he was only at games and such with her because she could drive. He rode there with her, went off to find his own friends, then met her at the car to go home. And he also thinks my brother and I are much closer than he is to her. As he notes, my brother and I actually have things in common, while his opinion of his sister is that if he weren't related to her he'd never spend five minutes in her company. 

But I digressed. More on topic: I have a friend who has seven kids. They range from 14 at the end of this month to just turned 4. The last few times I have talked to her she has mentioned that making sure that number 6 and 7 have good socialization and playmates has been difficult. Numbers 3-4 are twins nearing 12 and number 5 is 10. They are a trio. They like the same things and are their own little group. Number 6 is 8 years old and doesn't quite fit in with those three age wise or interest wise right now. Number 7 is only 4, so she is not a playmate option for him and has no playmate options herself--she is just the annoying little one trying to tag along. So, there you go, Lori, you can have seven kids and ages and interests can mean that not everyone has someone to play with. 

Geez louise, Wouldn't have believed that Ken would get that public dig in about "The Unnecessary  Kitchen Re-model Caused by Lori's Selfishness" -- but i was happy to see it.

I suspect that is mild compared to his explosion at her ruining the counter tops "accidentally" with hot pots.

Want to bet she ruins something else in the kitchen in a couple of years? I vote for cracking the new granite counters.

I loved her footnote at the end of the post proclaiming granite to be a wonderful material made by God!! When a few years ago she said she didn't want granite counter tops as its too materialistic and she doesn't need them to be content. But hey she rationalized the granite by seeing it as having God's amazing handiwork right there in her own kitchen! Must bring her closer to God or something. 

Of course granite in nature, as God intended, was not all polished and pretty like that. Maybe she could live on a granite cliff. It would be more authentic. 

4 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Geez louise, Wouldn't have believed that Ken would get that public dig in about "The Unnecessary  Kitchen Re-model Caused by Lori's Selfishness" -- but i was happy to see it.

I suspect that is mild compared to his explosion at her ruining the counter tops "accidentally" with hot pots.

Want to bet she ruins something else in the kitchen in a couple of years? I vote for cracking the new granite counters.

I think she'll take the hinges off the refrigerator door. When Ken goes to open it and the door comes off in his hand, she'll secretly smile. 

Lori: "Well, you did say when one appliance stopped working we'd get all new.  I happen to have a few marked in this ad."  

It'll be the hole in the diaphragm game - appliance version. 

Note:  below is picture and article about 16 year old who is telling mom she wants to have sex. 

Lori Alexander quotes Dr. Laura's slut-shaming reply:

For years, I listened to the Dr. Laura radio program. She had a lot of good things to say. Yesterday, on her Facebook page, she shared a conversation she had with a mother whose sixteen year old daughter wants to begin having sex since everyone else is doing it.

Here is Dr. Laura’s response.

If she says everyone is having sex, then say:

“I want you to be the only non-slut in the group. I want you to be the only girl who can get to 25, meet a nice man and not say she’s had 15 humps with 82 guys so that he’s disgusted with you.

I’d like you to be the only one in your group who doesn’t get an STD and genital wars on your vagina and can give you cancer later on or HIV and can kill you.

I’d like you to be the only one in your group who thinks that sex and love should be holding each other with tenderness.

I’d like you to be the only one in your group who isn’t a pig.

I want you to be the only one who hasn’t killed a baby by having it sucked into a sink in a million pieces.

I want you to be the only one in your group not to think you can be a mother without an intact family around a child.

I want you to be the only one who doesn’t screw up a kid.”

Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
1 Corinthians 6:18

Note:  Dont know if there is anything on here about advice columnist/radio show, Dr. Laura, a psyiologist .. not psychologist or psychiatrist, but it seems that she is very straight laced.  However a number of years ago, nude photos of her were posted by her boyfriend.  So much for hypocricy.

girl-1235704_1280-682x1024.jpg

2 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Of course, 3 year olds and newborns make great playmates. And having a baby in 9 months, because everyone always conceives instantaneously the moment they want to, will definitely solve this woman's problem now. The mere thought of a baby to "play" with at a time that is undetermined in a toddler's brain will end the toddler's current desire for playmates.

Yeah, that all makes perfect sense. Lori is a great problem solver. Maybe she'll write a parenting book next. 

I wouldn't put it past her to write a parenting book. She will promote it as "a godly Christian parenting book" with Pearlesque discipline methods thrown in.

Well... she does love her some leather strap for discipline.

Didn't she do a "You Tube" in which she showed us the strap and talked about how using it was no big and didn't really hurt.  

Re:  Lori's You Tube video a few pages back where she "monitors/mentors women all day"

What is her thing with being an "older woman"?  Does she think this gives her the veneer of wisdom?  It doesn't.  She's only a couple of years older than i am and comes off as scared and insecure.   If she is relying on Ken for moral support when she gets older - fugeddabowdit.

22 minutes ago, cindyluvs24 said:

Re:  Lori's You Tube video a few pages back where she "monitors/mentors women all day"

What is her thing with being an "older woman"?  Does she think this gives her the veneer of wisdom?  It doesn't.  She's only a couple of years older than i am and comes off as scared and insecure.   If she is relying on Ken for moral support when she gets older - fugeddabowdit.

I also noticed in her "How I spend my day as an older woman" video, she does not talk about setting aside time to clean her house. I know I am obsessed with her cleaning schedule but it is only because I believe she has a housekeeper and is not being honest about it. I'm sure her house is pretty big but, as an empty nester, she would not have much to clean.  My husband and I basically use three rooms in our house now so cleaning is not really time consuming now that our kids are gone.  If they come home or we have guests, I do a bit more, of course, but most of our house is basically untouched these days.*

*At least it was until we added two new kittens and set them up in our son's old room until we are ready to introduce them to our old cat. 

33 minutes ago, cindyluvs24 said:

I'd like to point Aunt Lori to Job 32:9:  Great men are not always wise: neither do the aged understand judgment.

It's not just aged MEN who aren't always wise.  

8 hours ago, polecat said:

Why do women stay with their abusers? 

You're basically asking the same question only of children. 

For children, the reasons are many and complex. Growing up, your parents are naturally the people you look to to take care of you, and they TELL you repeatedly that you are the problem and the reason you're being treated the way you are. When your brain is still developing, those messages sink in deeply, so deeply that it's often virtually impossible to ever rid yourself of them completely. So when you grow up, you've still got this childlike dependency on your parents' approval and this innate knowledge that there's something wrong with you.

And in the case of the Alexanders and the Pearls, there are actually structures upholding the abuse as right and just, legitimizing it, whereas, with the Phelps, virtually everyone sees them as batshit. When you have books and child abuse manuals that essentially say that what was done to you wasn't abusive but necessary, well, clearly, your experience was wrong. 

It takes almost inhuman strength to pry yourself out of those mindsets and that cultlike world, and even if some of them do, by virtue of physical or emotional distance, manage to escape some of their parents' iron-like grip, it's still nearly impossible to sever the ties completely.

Can we please not invalidate the survivors' experiences of abuse *especially* when their abusers are so openly bragging about it?

Thanks for your comments.  You make excellent points.  IF a child is brainwashed/spritually abused, as well AND, as you say, there is back up with the "Bible", then it it is a formidable thing to overcome.  Also, without a realization that what happened to them was wrong, they, too, will go on to abuse their own kids; that makes it multi-generational.

I read Lori's blog a bit and she advocates the Pearls.  I wrote to her ... of course .... what I had to say about that heinous book, "To Train Up a Child", she would never publish.  She loves to delete.   It is hard for me to believe what these people do in the name of religion.  Well, actually, it is not religion.  It is fringe fundamentalism.  It is sickness; it may one day be seen as a form of mental illness.

8 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

Read this one too, AND, Lori said that "those people are atheists" and are very unahppy.  You know, we come from monkeys.

I about spit up my coffee on that one.  She is so ignorant.  She graduated college but her critical thinking skills are down the drain due to fundie-ism.  Actually, her exegesis sucks.  But she would only say "well you are twisting it to make it say what you want".   Or "the truth hurts".  I hate that one because it gives them permission to say the most horrific things imaginable and follow up with "the truth hurts". 

6 hours ago, EowynW said:

Haha 

IMG_6789.PNG

Ken sounds a wee bit salty about that kitchen.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived