IGNORED

Lori Alexander 20: Evil and Hateful as Ever

14 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I am really baffled by Lori's apathetic approach to skin care. She really emphasizes keeping yourself beautiful for your husband; insisting that weight should never be a taboo subject. We should wear our hair the way our husbands like it; we should wear the clothes our husbands prefer.  

But we should NOT protect our skin and do all we can to keep it free of sun damage??  Beyond pleasing our husbands, what about treating our bodies well and avoiding all things that are bad for us because our bodies are temples? Lori is so superficial and vain, I really can't comprehend why sun safety is not important to her. 

I'm so happy you pointed this out!  There is this weird hangup on physical beauty, no matter how much they all try to deny it and talk "countenance".  Last night I was in a bit of weird mood about turning 40 today, my husband told me I didn't look it.  One of the compliments he paid me is how nice my skin is.  While I love to be in the sun and have, on occasion, used a tanning salon, I'm vehement about sun screen and have always used lotion or an oil like Skin So Soft afterward.  

It almost makes me think of Ken sidling up to some long legged bleach blonde who has tanned so much for so long that she's like leather...but he's allllll over it.  (not that there's anything wrong with being a long legged, blonde, tough skinned lady!)  In their world, moderation is supposed to be key, and the body a temple that God built.  How is knowingly destroying the skin honoring your temple?  

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if anyone has ever told her how argumentative and snotty she sounds...

Reader:

We are Catholic, so yes, our Church most definitely encourages child bearing!

Lori literally *has* to find a way to argue:

I don't know any Catholic families with many children, however, so they must not be listening.

If you read it, the lady very kindly replies again, and Lori continues to argue, never saying anything that could even remotely be construed as kind.

Lori?  There are LOTS of things you don't know.  LOADS of things.   You pride yourself on self imposed ignorance and never leaving home, so it's not surprising.  

You have created an echo chamber, in which you tell yourself you are "learning" by only listening to those who share your beliefs.  It's called confirmation bias.  You purposely search out those who validate what you already believe, and immediately discredit (or delete) anyone who challenges you.

At the top of the "Things Lori Doesn't Know" list, is how to treat other people.  As @Hiseypointed out,  it appears that Lori is losing readers at record speed.  A lot of that stems from the fact that she is a know it all and a busybody who refuses to show kindness to anyone (even when they are trying to be nice to her, as the lady above was).  

I have seen her go after people who were agreeing with her, but her desire to argue is so great, that she will go back at them as if they've disagreed.  It's nuts.

Anyway, sorry to go off on a rant, but Lori's whole "If I haven't seen it, or can't find it on Google, it doesn't exist", it just ridiculous.  You could fit what Lori knows in a thimble, and still have room to spare.

15 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Lori might be interested in this whack-a-doo. Her whole cult...I mean church...was started by a weight loss program and the sinful, unrighteous behavior of...eating.  I have not found any mention of raisans in Gwen's doctrine.  Yet.  

http://www.remnantfellowship.org/Our-Leaders/Gwen-Shamblin

Gwen Shamblin is notorious for being heretical as well, as she opposes the doctrine of the Trinity, which puts her beyond the scope of what has historically been considered Christianity.  ETS (Evangeligal Theological Society) has even had a resurgence of the discussion of the doctrine of the trinity prompted by the emergence of organizations which deny the Trinity, yet claim to be Christian.

I believe this fits into this discussion because if one denies the Trinity, then one may be able to more easily justify dismissing the words of Jesus.

1 hour ago, polecat said:

I have chronic health problems, and I know several people irl who do as well. I know there are some here who do, too. In my experience, in the chronic health problem world, you go out of your way to fake well. You would not miss your child's wedding unless you were in the hospital or dead, and you most definitely would not make it all about you.

Unless you were Lori and wanted to use it to manipulate people or be the center of attention. I don't necessarily think she's faking everything -- but I do think she's definitely using it to her advantage.

This. It is all part of being bossy, lazy, controlling Lori. "Look at me!"  "I suffer so!" "Despite my poor health, I managed to make big salads and beat my children and take them to Awana (forget what I've said about maids and nannies)." "But when it comes time for graduations and weddings and anyone other than me needing attention and support, I'm tooooooo sick!"

i have never seen anyone enjoy poor health more than Lazy Lori. 

If she's never seen a big Catholic family, she just needs to take a pilgrimage to South Louisiana.  My best friend has 5 of her own.  I know famies with 7 or 8.  She's blind as a bat.  

WRT her always being sick in her younger years, I firmly agree she was probably overwhelmed and depressed.  She also has/had a thyroid problem, I'm going to assume either simply hypothyroid or potentially even Hashimoto's disease.  My daughters endocrinologist told us that hormone deficiency doesn't always equate weight gain but she always talks about the stomach.  Moderate to severe depression comes with some physical side effects like all over pain and abdominal issues and one of the main symptoms of hormone deficiency is also stomach/intestinal issues.  Couple all that with unwashed fruit and whatever other nasty habits she's got and *poof* sick all day.  

I'm still clinging to my Ya-Ya Sisterhood theory, she needed or was on mother's little helper and used the "exhaustion" (read:  depression) as an excuse to get out of child rearing.  Her manic days she was cooking and happy at the beach and her depressed days she was smacking kids and taking naps.  Hmmmmm . I wonder if in retaliation to her poking holes in her diaphragm, Ken didn't obtain some Valium and spike her ghee with it!!!   Miraculously submissive.  

This Instagram shows 2 things:

1) Lori is absolutely obsessed with weight.  I am almost convinced that her "I've struggled with my weight" bit is an opening for readers to say, "You? But you're the perfect weight!" :roll:

I am also sick of her using herself as an example of perfection.  She regularly holds herself up as an example of excellence.  

2)  LORI IS NOT A DOCTOR!  She obviously thinks she is, but she's not.  She has no business giving out medical advice.  Period.

Hateful Lori never misses a chance to snark on her childless daughter.  Today's blog post is all about having eleventy!!! children for the Lord.

Because Christians (the right kind, the LoriKen kind))  need to overrun and outnumber the godless heathens/ humanists/ secularists/ wrong kind of Christians.  Oh and of course Catholics. But then we are all going to hell in a handbasket on wheels on greased rails anyway.   God only kills those thinking about being Catholic to save them.  If you're already Catholic your'e damned, so God doesn't bother. ( I am so beyond completely over it that fundies believe Catholics aren't Christians.)

Adding:  I don't think Lori was ever sick at all until her tumor in her late 40s.  I think she had gut issues from being a nasty unclean housekeeper and a pinched neck nerve from a couple of incidents as a teenager and a car wreck.  All of these were treatable  -- but you need a doctor, not sunshine, juices and black salve.

She declared she was so so so sick and milked her "pain" for all it was worth to get out of doing anything. She was lazy and selfish, not sick, She kept the entire household revolving around her needs, her wants, her moods. It was and still is All. About. Lori.

And yes while she had 4 children in 5 years she chose to do that.  Let's not forget she sabotaged her bc to get pregnant when her oldest was 2.  Those 3 kids in 3 years are on her.

I think she had children because that's what a Christian is supposed to do, not because she wanted to be a mother.  Lord knows she didn't mother those children once they were born.

28 minutes ago, Koala said:

This Instagram shows 2 things:

1) Lori is absolutely obsessed with weight.  I am almost convinced that her "I've struggled with my weight" bit is an opening for readers to say, "You? But you're the perfect weight!" :roll:

I am also sick of her using herself as an example of perfection.  She regularly holds herself up as an example of excellence.  

She's also incapable of grasping that thyroid problems are not the only reason a person may have for struggling with his or her weight.

Long story short -- if it's not your body, then it is truly not your business. A person can be overweight for many reasons, including, yes, overeating because that person just simply likes to eat. That has absolutely nothing to do with Lori, and she needs to spend time worrying about her own (raggedy) body and less time worrying about other people's. 

I invite Lori and Ken to visit an orphanage, a maternity hospital, and a slum in a developing country. Maybe try living on $1 per day with a family with 10 children. With God, nothing is impossible.

Lori on Facebook:

My parents were always one of the last ones to leave church on Sundays. They loved to stay around and converse with other believers. Ken and I did this often when our children were growing up and have decided to begin doing this again; to welcome new people and catch up with family and friends.

But didn't Lori say that women are to be silent in church?

It seems today that most people hurriedly leave church as soon as the service is over and they are missing out on an important part of being the church, in my opinion. What about you?

People would hurriedly leave church if Lori and Ken tried to converse with them.

1 hour ago, Imrlgoddess said:

If she's never seen a big Catholic family, she just needs to take a pilgrimage to South Louisiana.  My best friend has 5 of her own.  I know famies with 7 or 8.  She's blind as a bat. 

I know right? What Catholic families does she even know? My neighbors and childhood best friends were the youngest two of 7 children in a Catholic family. While most of their congregation had 2-4 children, there were a couple others with 5-10 also. Catholics having large families is running joke for many. There's a reason we joke of Irish twins and triplets when someone has two children 12 or less months apart or 24 months or less for three children in a row. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived