IGNORED

Lori Alexander 20: Evil and Hateful as Ever

6 hours ago, EowynW said:

Haha

What happened there? Did someone edit something?

Personally, I'd find it condescending if my husband said "That kitchen has to last you 35 years." Basically he's saying:

1. I resent paying for that kitchen remodel

2. I paid for it, we didn't. It's not our money, it's mine.

3. I'm not paying for another, babes.

4. Don't think about burning pots on the counter, or scratching up the painted cabinets. You are not getting another remodel

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When we did our kitchen remodel in our old house, my husband was SO proud that I conceived and designed it myself. He STILL tells people how talented I am, how I have such an eye for detail...during my stretches of unemployment, he doesn't say a single nasty word to me. When the dark voices start talking (depression), he's the one who counters them by telling me how great I am. Now, after my car accident and screwed up back (got the MRI results back...they weren't very good), he STILL finds ways to bolster my confidence...

Ken and Lori would never know what that's like. I don't have to play passive-aggressive games nor do I have to kiss his ass for him to love me. Hell, he loves me even when I'm pretty damn unloveable...as I've said before, I know me and I have NO idea why he has put up with me for so long...

No one is that happy about salad. No one.

9 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

No one is that happy about salad. No one.

I don't know about that...a nice salad with fresh veggies, some grilled chicken, craisins, golden raisins, sunflower seeds is WONDERFUL when the high temperature outside is somewhere north of 100F. 

My usual salad in warm weather:  an entire romaine heart's worth of lettuce, a half an avocado, a handful of kalamata olives, a sprinkle of blue cheese or some slivered almonds,  some red onion or scallion, coupla cloves of chopped garlic, chia seeds, flax seeds, dulse flakes, nutritional yeast, olive oil and rice wine vinegar.  Occasionally some cherry tomatoes but usually my salads are tomatoless.  Occasionally a hard-boiled egg, but again, not usually.  O. M. G.  This meal is NOT a diet strategy -- lots of fat (healthy fats!) in that bowl.  Mmmm mmmm!  

Spoiler

I usually end up licking the bowl it's so good.

Please note that this is all consumed at one meal (one full meal for one person or partial meal for two people) and made fresh next time -- salad doesn't keep more than perhaps the next day.  The romaine hearts as purchased will last for several days or a week, but once they are cut up and mixed with the rest of the salad stuff, they're on about a 18-hour max countdown, and usually don't last 18 minutes...

3 hours ago, EowynW said:

@Hisey it was how he said it. And came on both platforms and said it about the kitchen. 

I know, the way he said it was ugly. Boy, there's not much love lost between those two, is there? My husband would be happy if I was happy. Perhaps it's because Lori is exulting in a fleshly pleasure (yes, you are, Lori); maybe Ken thinks that's bad.

I think I might do something like that on Sunday...Sundays are hectic around here. I sing in the choir at church so...I have to sing the 9:30 service so we stay for that service,  then it's go grab some coffee and relax for about 15 minutes, then sing the 11:15 service, as soon as the choir is dismissed, we come home...then I'm back at about 4 for practice and to sing the 6pm service. We usually stay for that service. At the end of the month, our choir will be singing for the missions conference (real missionaries doing more than grifting...building a children's home in Honduras, a medical mission to Nicaragua, building a medical clinic somewhere else...) so that's 3 evenings plus Sunday...

'Keep stripped down'?  But I thought Aunt Lori didn't approve of skimpy clothes.  :content:

Doesn't she think we ought to greet our husbands naked with a smile or something?  Anyways. Today she is proving how incompetent of a bible studier she is. 

"I am not sure how you can argue that a husband is ever commanded to submit to his wife with all of these verses. It would be the same as saying that parents should submit to their children and many are doing this these days which causes chaos in the home because it’s not God’s order, just as it’s not His order for husbands to submit to their wives."

In the Greek, Ephesians 5 verse 21 is not separated from the rest of the passage. In the Greek, v. 22 does not contain the word submit. It reads as "wives, to your husbands" carrying on the submit to one another themes, then going on to explain the radical notion (in that culture) of how husbands are to LOVE their wives. 

Funny, decision making in marriage is mentioned ONCE in the NT, and Paul states that the decision cannot be made unless BOTH are in agreement. So this building up a doctrine of the man getting the final say (because penis) is utter bullshit. 

But hey, then men of old say it so by golly it's true. They also think women are stupid, slavery is okay, women's sole job is to producr children but that's okay too because the men of old say it's fine.

Her comparing women to children is vile vile vile vile. I pray for the day when her evil ministry is ruined.

From "Are Husbands Supposed to Submit to Wives?"

Ephesians 5:21

Submitting yourselves to one another in the fear of God.

I have heard this from the pulpit, from books, blogs, speakers, and teaching preachers on the radio

So, presumably it was preached by men. But that doesn't fit Lori's worldview, so she references "the commentaries of old", like this one:

Elliot’s Commentary: In grammatical construction this clause is connected with the preceding verses; in point of idea it leads on to the next section, which treats of the three-fold submission of wives to husbands, children to parents, slaves to masters.

When it's expedient to her ministry agenda, Lori takes things in context. When it's not, she takes things out of context.

I am not sure how you can argue that a husband is ever commanded to submit to his wife with all of these verses. 

Dunno about the rest of you, but I don't want my husband to submit to me. We're a team. We each have our strong and weak points, talents and shortcomings. We work together to get things done. It's not about who's in charge. It's a complete non-issue. Lori's argument strikes me as an attempt to create the appearance of a widespread problem, thus justifying the need for her manifestos.

35 minutes ago, EowynW said:

So this building up a doctrine of the man getting the final say (because penis) is utter bullshit. 

Pahahaha! @EowynW, you made my morning!

I wonder how Lori is enjoying her moderate new kitchen?

12 hours ago, Hisey said:

I know, the way he said it was ugly. Boy, there's not much love lost between those two, is there? My husband would be happy if I was happy. Perhaps it's because Lori is exulting in a fleshly pleasure (yes, you are, Lori); maybe Ken thinks that's bad.

If my husband thought I deliberately sabotaged our kitchen so that I could get my way, he'd probably be pretty pissy about it.

If redoing the kitchen was a decision we'd made together (whether just to make me happy or because the kitchen really needed to be redone), he'd be happy.

Now, Ken is nothing like my husband (at ALL!) ... but given that I really do think Lori trashed her kitchen just so she could get a new one, I'm going to hold off on judging Ken on this one.

Spoiler

That said, maybe he should try to keep his pissiness offline? It isn't nice when he airs it out in public like that. Although, it certainly does underscore the nastiness of their relationship. :pink-shock:

I'm going to call total BS on Lori's statement that her old sink was rusty and leaking.  "Our old sink was completely rusted out so it leaked."

When we bought our house the cheap metal (not stainless steel) kitchen sink dated from the previous 1965 remodel. It wasn't rusty and it didn't leak.

It stayed not rusty and not leaking until 2006 when we did our major remodel.  That cheap sink lasted for 41 years. No rust, no leaks. I didn't baby it.

So.... I absolutely do not believe that Lori's sink, which was not as old as mine, was completely rusted out.

She's mentioned several times they had the cabinets painted because new ones cost too much.  I'm calling it now - new cabinets in less than 2 years, probably less than 18 months. 

Edited to add:  From the kitchen photo on the blog you can see they are only a few feet from their neighbor.  i always assume the house was on a large lot.

Savvy commenter: 

"Do you think that perhaps it might be better to back up this post by digging deep into scripture and seeing what is says in context rather than relying on commentaries, which are just a secondary source of scripture? I am not arguing with the message, I just think you could state your case more effectively by going straight to the word, the original lamgagues and the context and then sharing your findings with us. 

I think it’s the preacher’s kid in me because my dad was very strict about us digging into the Bible, the original language and the culture and circumstances of the time before trying to present any case from scripture, lol. My husband is the same way. This is how they prepare their sermons and I was always taught to research the same way, to be sure that you were as informative and honest as you could be when sharing the word."

Queen Lori: 

"I usually do dig deep into Scripture by quoting plenty of verses, Trina. Romans through Revelation is all relevant to the Church age under which we live so I’m not sure why I need to learn context about this. I have also learned from some solid preachers of God and why not the commentaries? This is what they are there for – to help us learn from godly men who have deeply studied the Word of God. I don’t believe I need to know Greek and Hebrew to understand God’s clear teachings to us but thank you for the suggestion. It’s just now my way of learning the Word."

How sad that Lori ignores most of scripture. I also think she's a dispensationalist by her comment about the church age  

1 hour ago, EowynW said:

Queen Lori: I don’t believe I need to know Greek and Hebrew to understand God’s clear teachings to us but thank you for the suggestion. It’s just now my way of learning the Word."

If scripture is so clear, then why does she need commentaries?

Oh right, to support her viewpoints and validate her interpretations. Not to learn.

Lori:

I’m not sure why I need to learn context about this.

She's so proud of her ignorance.  She's a teacher!  Why would she need to learn?

She shared her pens (yes, pens) with her Instagram followers today.  

Lori:

These are the pens I use for my handwritten "shock posts" as they have been called

Reader:

Shock posts!? I've not heard that one 

(She hasn't heard it, because only 1 person said it)

Lori:

one woman called it this so it's kinda stuck! 

It "kinda stuck" because Lori likes attention and drama...and going viral.  It "kinda stuck" because Lori herself refers to her posts as "shock posts".  

This alone should tell her readers something about her "ministry".  She has no desire for peace, she is in a straight up attention grab.

And just as a side note, for someone who is trying to encourage her followers not to buy clothes for a year, Lori is constantly posting pictures of new clothes.  

Naturally, they were all purchased *before* the year long challenge (yeah, right).   She just wanted her readers to see...because reasons. :roll:

Honestly, I think Lori  wants to make her readers jealous.  She's constantly posting pictures of restaurant food, clothes, kitchen remodels, beauty products, vacations, and on and on it goes. A good bit of her Instagram is devoted to pictures of useless shit she has/buys.  

It's ridiculous.

"I would never want granite counters!  Too many women are dissipating their husband's substance with expensive kitchen makeovers!"  

"Well, will you look at that!  I just "accidentally" destroyed my counter tops!  Wanna see my new kitchen?" (followed by COUNTLESS pics of kitchen remodel)

"I talked the sheeple into not buying any clothes for a year (so I could see just how much control I have over them).  Now, raise your hand if you want to see my new skirt?  And will you look at this dress!?  I bought 3!"

"Christians should be known for being moderate.  Ken and I spent 7 weeks on vacation this summer!"

When will her "followers" wake up? 

Google + 30 seconds = how to clean rust from your kitchen sink

m.youtube.com/watch?v=701UoJ5pgeo

Ingredients: lemon juice, baking soda, vinegar, a scrub brush, and a pumice stone. Cheap, green, all-natural.

Unless you have money to burn and a husband that you can nag/manipulate into getting you a new sink.

I want you to be the only girl who can get to 25, meet a nice man and not say she’s had 15 humps with 82 guys so that he’s disgusted with you.

Well Lori, I admit that having 5.47 guys over 1.67 times per year between the ages of 16 and 25 does sound like a pretty strange sex life, but if one grown person is "disgusted" with another grown person's consenting sexual activities that's their problem.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived