IGNORED

Lori Alexander 20: Evil and Hateful as Ever

1 minute ago, EowynW said:

I've never like that word or "babe." My sister and her husband are so awful about "babe babe babe babe" everytime they talk to each other on Facebook. It's super annoying. He also constantly refers to her as "the wife". 

"The wife cooked a great dinner." "The wife found a coupon" etc. makes me want to scream. She's my sister and she has a name! 

Yeah, 'the wife' is pretty annoying, too. Makes her sound like a possession. 'The wife.' 'The sofa.' 'The car.' :my_dodgy:  

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Loveday said:

I don't know why, but of all the word vomit Ken spews, this one word irritates me the most. :GRONDE:

Yes! I feel the same way. "Babes" seems demeaning, somehow.

5 hours ago, Pink Muffin said:

Ken Alexander:  Great post babes…! You are wonderful, a good friend, kind, caring, joyful, smart, godly, lovely person! Now I forgot what I was criticizing you about :).

Now excuse me while I go and throw up a little :my_sick:

That is the most passive-aggressive thing I have read. Holy sh*t. These people. 

I have also attended a variety of churches (Catholic, Wesleyan, Orthodox, Baptist, Independent Baptist) and I have never heard of such public trials. Private problems generally get confronted by the pastor (sometimes with further support from counselling staff/elders etc). Issues involving those in office would get addressed in the counsel of senior clergy/elders/whatever other leadership body there is. 

What I also hate though are the open-ended prayer sessions at some churches, where everyone can pray for someone else. That sometimes feels a lot like shaming other people, a la "I want to pray for Mary two rows behind me, who has not been walking with the Lord lately and has been skipping church. But we are *so glad* that you're here today Mary, and we'll pray to Jesus that he may convict you of your sin!" (Exaggerated for comedic effect - you get the gist.) 

Did Ken really say "criticize"? I thought the menfolk offered gentle correction for us weaker vessels? 

@EowynW Agreed! I can't stand when men say "the wife". As in, the old ball and chain. Ugh. Babe is annoying but at least it's affectionate. Mr. Nova and I are guilty of using pet names. Sugar, sweetheart, dear, etc. We aren't on social media but we get plenty of good natured eye rolls at family functions. 

@LovedayI've never thought of "the wife" that way before but I think you're right.

10 hours ago, EowynW said:

So a commenter on her Instagram politely tried to point out that you cannot always completely heal asthma even with proper diet and gut health. The godly mentor ran right over the comment saying you could heal most anything with the right food. 

Well then why isn't she over at her mom's house night and day cooking good wholesome nutritious cancer fighting foods. 

Because she wants her mom's Bible, of course! 

6 hours ago, FundieCentral said:

What I also hate though are the open-ended prayer sessions at some churches, where everyone can pray for someone else. That sometimes feels a lot like shaming other people, a la "I want to pray for Mary two rows behind me, who has not been walking with the Lord lately and has been skipping church. But we are *so glad* that you're here today Mary, and we'll pray to Jesus that he may convict you of your sin!" (Exaggerated for comedic effect - you get the gist.) 

As a bored teenager in church, these prayer sessions were both mind-numbingly BLAH as well as entertaining at times. The unspoken requests were the best, especially when they included just a *hint* of what the issue was. Then I could let my mind run riot. 

"I have a *very special* unspoken prayer request for my daughter Cindy Lou Who, who isn't with us here tonight because she's giving her boyfriend *too big a piece of her heart* before marriage ... "

Prayer meetings are basically just one thinly veiled gossip session.

Denmark's Children Are Not So Happy?

Children worldwide are surely safer and happier in daycare than they would be in Lori's house of horrors.

Continuing the asthma convo on insty

commenter:  "yes good nutrition is very healing and important. :) But it cannot fix everything. :) Same as there are some things you cannot fix in your body that I've seen you mention on your blog. it is part of life in a fallen world, sadly."

Aunt Lori: "I just googled 'can asthma be cured' and there were countless stories of people being cured from it  but no ones been cured from having their pituary radiated to death." 

2 hours ago, polecat said:

Prayer meetings are basically just one thinly veiled gossip session.

At Christian school, the morning staff prayer time was barely even thinly veiled. Prayer concerns often began with the disclaimer, "of course, I wouldn't be telling you all about it if we weren't here to pray for....". 

28 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Continuing the asthma convo on insty

commenter:  "yes good nutrition is very healing and important. :) But it cannot fix everything. :) Same as there are some things you cannot fix in your body that I've seen you mention on your blog. it is part of life in a fallen world, sadly."

Aunt Lori: "I just googled 'can asthma be cured' and there were countless stories of people being cured from it  but no ones been cured from having their pituary radiated to death." 

But, but, but, Lori!  Don't you say over and over and over when people say something similar to what you said that with God all things are possible???

Of course God might have been confused when you asked for a miracle cure for your "pituary" gland.

I found out that a member of my immediate family was seriously ill and in need of a transplant from a church friend who had been told about it (along with a long list of others) so they could pray, but hadn't been told that no-one in the family knew yet. As we were meeting to chat and pray together, this friend asked if I had an update on the condition of this family member and whether a donor organ had been found before we started to pray. It was an awful, impersonal, insensitive way to find out something so important, but the family member, who had shared the news knowing that this person (that she had met once) was a close friend of mine, couldn't see that any of that was her own fault. She felt that my friend should have prayed about it and shared it with others who would pray, but should somehow have known that I wasn't included in the list of people allowed to know (which was basically everyone who might pray except those closest to the sick person). 

The way prayer chains and prayer meetings are sometimes manipulated to spread gossip makes me so angry and so nauseous, especially when they're used to look down on people. Ugh!

Something I've been wondering about for a while now is if Lori treats Alyssa and her husband different because they don't have kids. 

Theres a marked difference in how my inlaws treat us vs their son & DIL with kids. It gets really. really. old. We are second class citizens in the family and it's always about the grandkids grandkids grandkids. 

One of my in-laws was fired for "sharing a prayer concern."  She worked in admissions at a hospital and when a church member was admitted she called the church to put them on the prayer list. 

The member called the hospital to complain and my in-law was rightfully fired for violating a patient's privacy. I  actually was thrilled when she was fired because her actions so perfectly illustrated how people use "prayer" as an excuse to gossip. She just wanted to show people she was in the know; she was not one bit concerned for this patient, in my opinion. 

Google tells me that parents in Denmark can get up to 52 weeks of paid parental leave when they have a child. The typical work week for women is 35 hours a week, too. And that is full time work. 

As a teacher in the U.S., I worked around 50-55 hours in a normal week and as much as 65-70 during speech seasons or the rehearsal period for plays. 

And as I think everyone is aware of by now, there is no national policy for paid parental leave here and most women are only able to take 6-8 weeks of leave. 

But our system is better and superior for parenting, according to Lori. 

What is she smoking? Or inhaling, actually? 

32 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Google tells me that parents in Denmark can get up to 52 weeks of paid parental leave when they have a child. The typical work week for women is 35 hours a week, too. And that is full time work. 

As a teacher in the U.S., I worked around 50-55 hours in a normal week and as much as 65-70 during speech seasons or the rehearsal period for plays. 

And as I think everyone is aware of by now, there is no national policy for paid parental leave here and most women are only able to take 6-8 weeks of leave. 

But our system is better and superior for parenting, according to Lori. 

What is she smoking? Or inhaling, actually? 

Because women shouldn't be working (according to her) so there shouldn't be a need for any type of maternity leave. Also husbands should be their own employer so they shouldn't have to ask for time off, but they should also always be working lest they starve. Cray-cray.

1 minute ago, jadis87 said:

Because women shouldn't be working (according to her) so there shouldn't be a need for any type of maternity leave. Also husbands should be their own employer so they shouldn't have to ask for time off, but they should also always be working lest they starve. Cray-cray.

Oh, I know. But that only works in the upper class bubble that Lori lives in. And it is still beyond me that someone can be as willfully ignorant as she is about the economic realities of so many people's lives in this country. 

Just now, louisa05 said:

Oh, I know. But that only works in the upper class bubble that Lori lives in. And it is still beyond me that someone can be as willfully ignorant as she is about the economic realities of so many people's lives in this country. 

She is infuriating. When I had my daughter I was fortunate enough that I had annual/sick leave to use, but I blew through it all for the 6 weeks i took off and it definitely was not enough time, especially since I don't feel I fully healed from my c-section and you're supposed to take at minimum 8 weeks for a c-section.

Lori:

Governments are created to protect its people, not provide cradle to grave care, since this lays heavy burdens upon those who are hard working and encourages others to be lazy.

Also Lori:

If their is no willing family or church, I think it is better for the mother to go on welfare to take care of her children rather than find a full-time job and let someone else raise her children.

Lori again:

If I were widowed and had no family or church that would support me, I would go on welfare. 

I dont understand the lemonade thing. Did they really have the following conversation:

Ken: Lori, bring me a glass of lemonade at 11.

Lori: [In the midst of a Big Salad breakfast] OK

Ken: At 11, please. No sooner or later.

Lori: Sure

[time goes by. 11 o'clock comes and goes. Lori gets busy "monitoring" adult women online and forgets)

Ken: Lori! It's 11. Where is the lemonade

Lori: [hauling herself up from recliner], Ok, OK, Ken!

Ken: Lori, I really have to rebuke you about this. I said 11 !

I mean, this leaves so many unanswered questions. Why doesn't Ken get his own lemonade? Why is it so important to receive lemonade at a particular time? Is this lemonade a daily requirement, and if so, why? Does Ken believe lemonade will "heal" his "gut" or some such thing? When she forgot the lemonade, couldn't Ken just get up and pour himself a glass? Did Lori "forget" on purpose so that Ken would buy her the  new watch she wants?

4 hours ago, Hisey said:

I mean, this leaves so many unanswered questions. Why doesn't Ken get his own lemonade? Why is it so important to receive lemonade at a particular time? Is this lemonade a daily requirement, and if so, why? Does Ken believe lemonade will "heal" his "gut" or some such thing? When she forgot the lemonade, couldn't Ken just get up and pour himself a glass? Did Lori "forget" on purpose so that Ken would buy her the  new watch she wants?

Maybe she wants to be "punished ;-). *Barf*

6 minutes ago, jadis87 said:

Maybe she wants to be "punished ;-). *Barf*

I think she does. 

I also wonder that a health-conscious man would even drink a sugary drink like lemonade. Just because it's made from fresh lemons doesn't make the sugar is good for you. 

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

But, but, but, Lori!  Don't you say over and over and over when people say something similar to what you said that with God all things are possible???

I think you misunderstood.  When someone else is sick, they can juice their cancer away, or whatever, but when The Godly Mentor is sick?  Well that is totally different!  She needs medical care...the real kind.  The at home cures are good for her readers.  Genuine, honest to goodness doctors are good for her.  

I noticed in her recent video about sunscreen causing cancer, she mentioned that she'd had skin cancer removed, but for her readers, she advises black salve.

I take no responsibility for the results you experience with Black Salve, but my family has had wonderful experiences with it. I bought it many years ago and I forgot who told me about it but it has gotten rid of moles, warts, pre-skin cancer and skin cancer. 

*Disclaimer* I did not watch the whole video, because I literally can't stand to hear her talk.

Anyway, this is how her Instagram debate wrapped up.

Reader:

I would hate to see someone stop using their inhaler and trying to cure it with just diet without being under the supervision of a dr or nutropathic dr. That could be fatal. 

If you read to the end, she finishes with "blessings". 

Pointless Comment Alert!!

I just checked in on YouTube to see if Lori had anything new there. She does not. It dawned on me that she might have done some of those recent videos from her car because there were contractors in her house finishing the kitchen. In the most recent video, I think I noticed the backsplash was up. I could not tell if it had been painted. 

That's all. Carry on with the good stuff. 

4 minutes ago, Koala said:

I noticed in her recent video about sunscreen causing cancer,

Wait, wait -- Sunscreen causes cancer. WTF!!!???

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Lori:

Also Lori:

Lori again:

I remember all those comments about how women should go on welfare to stay home. But, I also remember when Lori applauded Ben Carson's mother for working as a house cleaner instead of going on welfare. It was discussed here on FJ. It appears she took down that posting from the Always Learning blog.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived